018

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(GOT7 - Waiting For You) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab9nF61wL7s

 

As the staff walked away, Jaehyun checked on ShinAe. His eyes ran over her face and his face twisted in concern. He watched as she chew on her bottom lip and dart her eyes around nervously. ShinAe had her hands curled into a fist on the table. Her nails dug into the palm of her hand so hard, small crescents formed. 

"Hey~" Jaehyun put his hand on her's. He started to rub the top of her hand and ran his thumb over her knuckles.

ShinAe held her breath once his warmth touched her skin. Straightening up, ShinAe pulled her hand away from Jaehyun's. "Let's order some food." She didn't look his way and had her eyes on the menu. ShinAe's mind felt foggy and her stomach just didn't feel right.

Jaehyun noticed her changed in demeanour. He thought it was just Yoojung's action which made her like this; little did he know, ShinAe was starting to grow wary of their in-between relationship. Unaware of what ShinAe was currently feeling, Jaehyun directed his attention back to the menu. "Would you like a bulgogi taco? " He pointed to the item on the menu and looked at her. 

Nodding her head, ShinAe let out a small. "Sure." As much as her previous fear started to resurface and slowly consume her, she did not want to ruin the night for others. She kept to herself and tried her best to go on with the night. Blinking away the fogginess in her mind, she carried on with the night.  Everyone on the table ordered their food and drink. People started to talk amongst themselves and passed around drinks. Opposite them, sat Mark and Johnny, who were full of energy and bickering non-stop. 

"Ow!" Mark whined as his face got pushed away from Johnny. 

"I'm not going to deal with you and your gibberish." Johnny scowled and turned away from Mark. 

Johnny faced the pair and leaned on the table with crossed arms. "So, what's happening between you two?" He winked at Jaehyun and grinned teasingly. 

Shy about Johnny's straightforward question, Jaehyun didn't know what to say. Yes, there was something between them but he didn't know how to word it. In the process of finding the words for it, ShinAe's spoke up before Jaehyun could. 

"There's nothing, Johnny." ShinAe coldly retorted. 

Jaehyun's smile immediately dropped from his face. He couldn't control his expression. His heart dropped to the pit of his stomach and made him feel heavy and full. Gulping the painful lump in his throat down, he slowly turned his head to look at ShinAe. *Did something happen?* Jaehyun's head raked through everything he did with ShinAe that day. Everything was going smoothly; from picking her up, to their interaction outside the restaurant. Jaehyun didn't know where they went wrong for her to deny what was actually evident between them.

With a huff, Mark faked a tantrum. "It didn't look like nothing. You let him hug you, but not me."

Just at that moment, their food was brought to the table. " The food is here." ShinAe changed the topic and gestured to the foods. "Let's eat."

As everyone dug into their food, ShinAe didn't. She stared at her food for a few seconds before raising her gaze. Her appetite was not there anymore. Her eyes roamed the place before landing on a familiar set of eyes across the room. Yoojung's gaze taunted ShinAe from a distance.  Yoojung sipped her drink and smugly grinned at her former friend. Yoojung didn't understand the hype with ShinAe. From getting Kai to this current man sitting next to her. *She does not deserve these men.* Yoojung scoffed to herself when she saw ShinAe turn away from the eye contact.

"Why arent you eating, ShinAe? " Jaehyun questioned her; noticing her food was untouched.

ShinAe jerked up in surprise,"Oh yes." Not giving him a reason, ShinAe grabbed the taco and took a small bite from it.

Searching her face, Jaehyun felt his throat close up. Her short replies and cold demeanour impacted him more than she was aware. Forcing himself to continue to eat, he tried to ignore his paranoia. Eating half of her meal, ShinAe wiped her hand with the napkin and stood up from the table. Jaehyun, Mark and Johnny raised their head from the sudden movement. 

"Restroom." ShinAe softly said. Not giving them a chance to say anything, she made her way to restroom. 

Seeing her walk away, Jaehyun shoved the last piece of his food into his mouth. Quickly wiping his hands and chewing his food, he rushed to stand up and catch up to her. Reaching her side, he walked next to her. "I need to go too."

"How did you find the food?" Jaehyun wanted to hear her voice. He missed hearing her sassy voice and sharp remarks. 

"Good." ShinAe pushed out a one word reply. 

They arrived at the women's restroom and Jaehyun stood by the door. "Once I'm finished, I'll just be here waiting for you." ShinAe's eyes finally met his and she nodded her head before walking off. It felt like Jaehyun hasn't see her warm set of eyes in forever; the moment she looked at him, the first time in the hour - Jaehyun wanted to wallow in it for eternity. 

ShinAe exited the stall and twisted the tap. The water started to run out of the faucet and she brought her hands under it. The cold water hit her skin and she instantly shivered from the contact.

"He's hotter than Kai." A voice that matched the coldness of the water, spoke up.

Diverting her attention from her hands to the mirror, she saw Yoojung in the reflection. Fixing her lipstick, Yoojung puckered her lips together before moving her eyes to ShinAe's in the mirror. 

"Maybe, I should try to get him for myself." Yoojung grinned smugly. ShinAe's jaw clenched and her eyes narrowed dangerously. 

"I can do it. Easily. You've seen me do it before." Yoojung's hand extended out and her fingers played with ShinAe's baby hairs from the back.

Leaning in, she whispered lowly into ShinAe's ear. "Actually, I might just try with him."

Before ShinAe could react, Yoojung had strutted away. Feeling a sharp pain in her jaw, ShinAe noticed she was still clenching her jaw. Relaxing, she finished washing her hands and dried it. While drying it, ShinAe could not rid the horrible feeling brewing in her abdomen. She has managed to push away this feeling whenever she encountered Kai, but upon interacting with Yoojung, the horrid feeling started to come back stronger and was harder to force out. 

It was doubt and distrust in herself. 

It was fear of having to open her heart.

Yoojung's presence reminded her how much what she saw was far from the truth. This started to direct her distrust in her judgment with Jaehyun. Although she forced herself into the thought that their interaction was platonic, she couldn't deny that it was not the case. There was more to it and the evidence was screaming at her. Jaehyun disp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter