008

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

 

 

Friday finally arrived and Jaehyun and his friends could not wait to blow off some steam. Their group chat has been going crazy since the morning, despite all of them being at work. Jaehyun was on his break and was making his way to the cafe. He had come to the habit of going to the Abel cafe, about three time a week - he would be what the workers call 'a regular'.  Although he was not hungry, he wanted to get a coffee as a midday pick-me-up.

Entering the cafe, he saw Taeyong and Eunhee eating together on their break. After receiving his coffee, he made his way to their table.

"Hey!" Jaehyun greeted, earning their attention.

"Hey Jaehyun! Come sit with us." Eunhee moved the takeaway paper bag from the seat next to her and patted the seat. 

"No, it's okay. I'll be heading back, I want to be on top of my paperwork. Hopefully I can leave early." He declined her offer. "Can't wait for tonight. Been a rough week of work." Jaehyun ran his hand through his hair. Taeyong nodded in agreement. 

"Me too. I'm so excited, since ShinAe is joining. Speaking of ShinAe, when I give her lunch to her, I'm going to remind her." Eunhee nodded to the paper bag. "She always pretends to 'forget'. " She made air quotation marks while emphasizing on the word 'forget'.

Taking a sip of his coffee, Jaehyun was hesitanting to speak his mind. Building up the courage, Jaehyun pointed to the bag and said, "I can deliver it for you. I still have time in my break." 

"Really?" Eunhee blinked, taken back by his offer. Her nagging suspicion of Jaehyun came back. Despite denying that nothing was going on, Jaehyun's action says otherwise. 

"You can take your time with Taeyong. I can deliver this for you." Jaehyun reached for the bag on the floor, not noticing Eunhee's questioning eyes. 

Not wanting to make a big deal out of it, she allowed him to take the meal to ShinAe. "That's very nice of you. Thank you, Jaehyun. I'll write down her ward details for you. " Eunhee pulled out a paper from her pocket notebook and wrote down the ward name and directions. 

"Don't get lost~" Taeyong sang as Jaehyun left.

Seeing that Jaehyun has left the cafe, Eunhee leaned over the table to Taeyong. "There's no way, there's nothing going on."

Shrugging his shoulders and looking in the direction Jaehyun left, Taeyong chimed. "Guess we just have to wait and see~"

 

-    -    -    - 

 


ShinAe was jotting down the progress note entry for one of her patients, when the desk phone started ringing. ShinAe picked up the phone with her left hand, while continuing to write with her right.  "Hello, Severance hospital ward 4T, RN ShinAe speaking." ShinAe robotically said out of habit.

"ShinAe, there's a ...really handsome guy here to see you", the receptionist turned away from Jaehyun and whispered into the phone. 

"Sorry, what?" ShinAe couldn't make out what the receptionist said. 

"Justcometothefrontdesk," the receptionist quickly said before slamming the phone down. Looking up from her desk, she plastered a smile on her face, "She'll be here shortly." 

Jaehyun thanked her for her assistance, and leaned his back against the reception counter. His eyes scanned the ward, taking in the unfamiliar setting into his memory. 

"Yes?" Jaehyun heard a familiar soft voice say from side. Spinning around, he faced her with a smile. 

"Hello ShinAe. I'm here to delivery your lunch from Eunhee. " holding out the bag, Jaehyun greeted her.

ShinAe took the bag off his hand. "Oh Hi Jaehyun. Thank you for the delivery."

"Did Eunhee force you to do this? Where's Eunhee? How come she's not here?" ShinAe tilted to the side, to see if Eunhee was behind him.

Mirroring her movement, Jaehyun blocked her view. "No, she did not force me. She's having lunch with Taeyong. I wanted to come see you and remind you about tonight." He straightened up with a smug grin.

"I know, I know. I won't forget" rolling her eyes at him, Jaehyun chuckled at her expression. 

Slowly backing away Jaehyun said, "Well, I've got to go. My break is ending soon. You better not bail. You know what would happen if you don't come." Jaehyun narrowed his eyes at her before pointing to himself and then to his eyes, faking a tear. Shaking her head with a smile, she watched him leave before she made her way back to her station. 

 


-    -    -    -
 

 

ShinAe arrived at Octagon entrance with Eunhee, dressed in the attire Eunhee picked out for her. ShinAe felt self conscious about the way she looked, since she was not used to the style. If Eunhee didn't pick her outfit, she would've just put on a pair of jeans and a dressy top. 

"I'm not used to this.." ShinAe looked down and tugged on the ends of the dress. Eunhee picked out a squared-neck, sleeveless, black pencil dress and a pair of black heels. 

"Oh shut up. You look fine. Beautiful more like it", Eunhee grabbed ShinAe's hand and dragged her into the club once they received clearance from the security. The girls met up with Yerin, Soojung and Hana. The three girls all cooed at ShinAe and complimented on how she looked. Feeling shy from the attention they were giving her, she played with the strap of her bag and murmured a small "Thank you."

"Let's go get something to drink. This mama, needs some alcohol in her system." Yerin loudly said before skipping her way to the bar. Soojung and Hana followed her. Eunhee had to drag the reluctant ShinAe to the bar. After what happened with their dinner last time, ShinAe wasn't quite sure if she was ready to mix herself with alcohol again. Having the world spin around her and throbbing head as a morning greeting - it was not ideal for ShinAe. She was going to take it easy. 

By the time Eunhee and ShinAe arrived at the bar, the three girls were already taking tequila shots. ShinAe on the other hand, didn't even know what to order besides non-alcoholic drinks and soju. Eunhee who had already ordered and was handed her drink by the bartender, looked over at ShinAe who was confused.

Rolling her eyes, Eunhee waved the bartender for his attention, "One Long Island please." In a matter of time, the drink was prepared and placed before ShinAe. 

"Try it. You'll like it. " Eunhee pushed it closer to ShinAe. Suspiciously glancing at the drink, ShinAe stared at Eunhee. Groaning, Eunhee lightly elbowed ShinAe, "Trust me." 

Hesitantly, ShinAe brou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter