Letting Go

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years ago, Seoul, South Korea

A marriage is about sharing your life with your partner, enjoying the journey along the way and arriving at every destination together. When you realize that you truly love someone, you will want to spend the rest of your life with that person, through sickness and health, through poverty and wealth and through thick and thin. The vow is holy and sacred and is spoken in front of God. It will be a life-long journey that thrives on love, commitment, trust, respect, communication, patient and companionship.

I have always thought that I love that man. He is handsome, charming and attractive not to mention he is very wealthy and named one of the youngest billionaire in the country. His name is Kim Jong Kook. Who in the country that doesn’t know him? Our first encounter might be a coincidence but I started to fall for this man during our second meeting.

As I knew him better, I started to realize that Kim Jong Kook is not an ordinary man. He is cold, ruthless and arrogant to people but that makes him even more interesting for me. I wouldn’t deny that I have a huge crush towards him that I do not want to let go of him. I liked him and I tried my best to draw myself to him. It took quite some time before he finally opened up his heart for me.

Happy? More than that. I was happy. We were happy. People told us that we were match made in heaven. I love him. I really do and I feel like I was the happiest girl alive when he told me that he loves me too. I started to learn about his real personality. He’s actually a kind and warm person behind that cold personality. However, relationship does not always go as how we want it to be. Our first obstacle was my father. My father actually liked him because Jong-Kook oppa is a smart and capable businessman but things turned out bad when Oppa refused my father’s business offer. I understand nothing about the business thing but I just learned the fact that both of them started to dislike each other. However, appa still does not forbids me from dating him.

We dated for a year. We spent so much time together as we learnt about each other. There were new things I learnt about him and vice versa. He might look like every girl’s dream but dating him is not as easy as that. He is the CEO of a big business corporation. He owns one of the largest department store in the country along with shopping malls. He is a very busy man that it drives me crazy because I have to even set an appointment with his secretary in order to see him in person. I was his girlfriend but why am I being treated like a stranger? I was annoyed. Moreover, another fact I learnt that he is not a romantic man. Man sends flowers to their girlfriend during special occasion. This man? Oh, he even locked himself in his office and he barely remember any of it. Not even my birthday or his own birthday.

There was time when he was extremely busy with his work and he has to go to Europe back and forth due to tying corporation with a French designer brand. I got to admit it that starting from there, we started to draw apart. He was very busy with his career and I started to feel like he neglects me. I started to feel boring and during that phase, I met a man.

He is handsome and attractive as well but I wouldn’t deny that Jong-Kook oppa is looking way better. Let’s call him Jay because his real name is Kim Jae Yi. Jay and I met during a study trip held by our university. He is funny, charming and entertaining. We started our conversation with a bottle of Soju and under the consent of that alcohol, we started to pour out each of our secrets.

“I’m very sick with all of him. All he cares is just work, work and work. What am I to him?” I said and I was already half-conscious.

“Han-Byul ah, end things with him. I will be there for you.” Jay replied.

I laughed out loud. “What do you have? Jong-Kook oppa is one of the wealthiest businessman in the country. What about you?”

“I can give you what you want. You like romantic man, isn’t it? I can bring you wherever you want, open every door for you, sing a lullaby and bring you flowers on your special day.”

I gulped another cup of the Soju again and my head feels like spinning. I was not conscious anymore. The next thing I knew is that I woke up with Jay beside me and we were not wearing anything. Yes, we had a one-night stand.

I was extremely guilty each time I see Jong-Kook oppa because Jay and I still keep in touch. We see each other pretty often that I will lie to Oppa, telling him that I wanted to study but in fact I was just looking for excuses to see Jay. Until the time comes, Jong-Kook oppa asked me for something I have never thought he will.

“Han-Byul ah, we have dated for quite some time and I think it is the time for us to get married.” Said Jong-Kook oppa.

I looked at him with an angry gaze. “Oppa, is this how you propose to a girl? Gosh, you really need to learn a lot.” I said.

Oppa didn’t get angry but to laugh instead. I can see that his hand went through his pocket and he took out a red velvet box. He engraved a smile as he kneeled while showing me a shining diamond ring.

“Han-Byul ah, will you marry me?” He said. I can see from his gaze. He is sincere and he is smiling genuinely.

My heart fluttered upon his proposal. He didn’t say anything sweet but his sincerity melts my heart. I thought that I will be very happy if he said that 4 words but I was wrong. My heart does not feel the same anymore. I can say that my heart started to waver and my love towards him is not the same anymore. However, I still managed to smile and said Yes, thinking that I should really leave Jay and be happy with oppa.

Time passed and the fall is approaching. Oppa offered to have a pre-wedding photoshoot. I never thought that he will think of something like that and I agreed. We went to Japan. It was a month before our wedding when I eventually found out that, I was pregnant. I did a quick calculation in my head and the only possibility is Jay. Oppa and I have never done it before until we went to Japan. I started to become guilty and started to think if I really love the Oppa because if I really love him, I wouldn’t have cheated on him.

A month passed in a blink of eye and the wedding is coming. I remembered oppa called me the night before the wedding. I can hear happiness through his voice but what I feel was not happiness but fear. I was very scared and afraid. I was scared if Oppa found out if the baby inside my tummy is not his child and I was very afraid that I will spend the rest of my life living in guilt.

On the next day, it was finally our wedding day. I looked at my own reflection in the mirror and I could see myself looking flawless. Thanks to the make-up artist’s magic hand. Every girl should be looking happy on their wedding day but why I don’t? I’m not happy but scared instead. The thing inside my head is only Jay because I was pregnant with his child. I called Jay beforehand and he said that he is willing to run away with me. I laughed at him instead when he said that he will brought me away from the wedding but he still insisted.

I was still battling with my own thoughts when the make-up artist told me that the ceremony will start anytime soon. However, Appa hasn’t arrive yet and I wonder if he will really come because I told you earlier, he does not have a good relationship with Oppa. However, I widened my eyes in surprise when I see my father coming to my dressing room.

“Appa.” I squealed in surprise. I thought he wouldn’t come. I didn’t wait but to run to his embrace. “Appa, please bring me away from here.” I cried on his shoulder.

“What? You want to go?” Appa asked me and he was looking very confuse.

I gave him a nod. “I don’t want this wedding anymore, appa. I don’t want to live in guiltiness. I realized that my heart does not belong to that man anymore.”

I could hear Appa sighed. “Han-Byul ah, get back to your sense. A wedding is not a thing that you can throw away when you don’t like it anymore. You can see a lot of people are waiting outside and do you want to embarrass me and Kim Jong Kook?”

Appa raised his voice at me and my tears rolled even more rapid. “Appa, I beg you. Bring me out of here.”

“I ask you one more time, Park Han Byul. Are you sure with your decision?”

I nodded my head spontaneously. “Yes. I don’t want this wedding anymore.” I replied sternly.

“I will help you but I do not want to hear you whining that you regret your decision. You are mature enough to choose what you want in your life. I might not like Jong-Kook but I knew that he is a good man. Are you sure?”

“I’ll get change before anyone comes in.” I said.

Just like that, I ran away from my own wedding. Even Appa tried to stop me but my heart couldn’t take it anymore. My heart does not belong to that man anymore but the father of the baby inside my tummy. As I went home, Appa is still asking me a lot of thing and why I wanted to run away from the wedding. I didn’t answer him straight away but to cry instead.

“Stop crying, Han-Byul ah. Appa is just asking.”

My hands are still trembling badly and with that, I erased my own tears. “I am pregnant.” I said weakly.

“What did you say?” Appa shouted loudly and I feel like my eardrums is going to break down.

I dared myself to look at Appa’s eyes and I could see disappointment in it. “I said I’m pregnant.” I replied as I took another deep breath. “In case you wondered, the baby is not Jong-Kook oppa’s.” I added.

I thought Appa is going to shout again but I was wrong. I received a slap instead. It hurts and I could really see Appa’s furious gaze. I feel that he is not angry but more towards disappointed.

“How dare you? Who is the father? I’m going to kill him alive.” Said Appa through his gritted teeth. I knew my own father and how ruthless he can be. I can’t let Jay to die in his hand.

No matter how much I denied to tell Appa about Jay, he is still very persistent. He just wouldn’t let go of me. He even locked me in my room that it drives me crazy. I couldn’t hold it anymore but to call Jay for help. Just like that, I ran away with Jay to Daegu, thinking we can live a happy life. We were happy until our daughter was born. Things started to become craps and he started to drink and gamble. My father raised me in a very good condition. I have never worry about cash because Appa just simply gave me everything.

We started to argue and bicker every day. We were hard on cash and we even have to think how to earn money to feed our mouth and our daughter. It started to drive me crazy that I can’t live in such condition. In that time as well, I saw the news’ headline. It’s about a wedding. The wedding of the man who I left a year ago. I could see his bride and she is very beautiful. The wedding is as big as a royal wedding. Without me realizing, I balled my hand into a tight fist and I started to regret my decision. That should be me.

Another year passed and my daughter, Yoo-Ra is one year old. I feel very pity that the little girl does not even have a one year birthday celebration because her parents are too poor. I started to think living with Jay does not bring me happiness anymore. It becomes sorrowful and I decided to leave him. I bring Yoo-Ra with me, of course. I left him and went back to Seoul to look for my father. I thought that Appa will be willingly to accept me back in his house because I looked very pathetic but I was wrong.

“You ran away from my house and do you think you can come back whenever you like? Is your father a joke to you?” Appa snapped at me.

I kneeled and hugged his legs, begging for forgiveness. “Appa, I’m very sorry. I regretted my decision and I shouldn’t have run from this house. It was my fault.” I cried.

As I told you before, my father is a ruthless man. Even if I cried pathetically, he just wouldn’t listen. “You were pregnant with a random guy’s child and you came back just because he couldn’t feed you well. I wonder how could I raised a very stupid daughter.”

Yes, I am indeed very stupid. “I was wrong, appa. I was wrong.”

“As you walked out from my house, I don’t consider you as my daughter anymore.”

I looked at Appa with horror gaze. Is he disowning me? This couldn’t be happening. I cried again as I held onto my father, begging for forgiveness. “Appa, please. Help me.”

Appa looked at me coldly and smirked. “You have a daughter right? You can see that your ex is living happily with his wife now. Why don’t you just go back to him and claim that your daughter is his daughter?”

I was stunned when I heard what Appa said just now. Should I really do that? How much sin did I commit already? Should I add another by destroying someone’s marriage?

“I can’t. I can’t involve Jong-Kook oppa into my problem. We are done, Appa!”

“Then, you figure it out yourself how to survive and how to feed your daughter.” Appa replied and left. He really left. He is really disowning me.

It feels like everything is not right that I started to become depressed. However, a name came out in my head. Park Si Hoo. I called him and thankfully, he is kind enough to help me.

“The money I have is not much but is enough for monthly rent for the next 2 months. Just don’t think of anything stupid and don’t listen to your father too. I am sure you can go through it.” Said Si-Hoo, giving me support.

I believed that I can go through it. I can take care of my own daughter and work at the same time. However, I gave up in the next month. I can’t do it. I can’t take care of my own daughter that I left her in the daycare instead. I started to look for Jong-Kook oppa, thinking if he can help me. I was in my lowest point in my life that I almost commit suicide but it feels like heaven is answering my prayer that Jong-Kook oppa really came back to help me but he has changed. He no longer smiles for me and his heart no longer beats for me. Yes, I have lost him. People said that regret always come late and it was my fault that I let Oppa slipped away from me. It was me who let go of him.

As he showed that he cares for me, I started making the story that my father told me, claiming that Yoo-Ra is his daughter. I was very pressured when I looked at how broken he was when I told him that I ran away while being pregnant with his daughter. I’m very sorry, oppa but I have to do this. I know that I’m selfish but I just wanted my daughter to grew up in a better condition and the only one that can help me is you. I knew that Oppa is not a stupid person that he wanted to have the DNA tested. Thanks to Si-Hoo again that we managed to trade the result. Oppa was shocked and startled, making me realize I committed another sin again. Starting from there, Oppa became a little warmer to me and thanks to his very understanding wife.

Song Ji Hyo is a very naïve girl for me. I could see that she is very kind and is willing to accept me. However, I’m still a human. Human is a very greedy creature and I admit it I have become greedier ever since Oppa started to care for me. I knew that he just cares for me as a friend but I wanted more than that. We loved each other once and I am sure I can make him fall for me for the second time. The only thing I have to do is only to let him believe that Yoo-Ra is really his daughter and I will have to make my daughter become his heir. An heir to his giant corporation along with all of his money, asset and property. If I have it all, no one can do anything to me.

**

Kim Jong Kook sighed when he looked at his phone screen. It is a message from his wife, Ji-Hyo and it sounded like this

Oppa, I will be staying in my parents’ house for a few days as Seung-Heon oppa has things to do and I can’t let eomma to be alone. I will call you later.

He feels extremely uneasy about it and the feeling linger through his whole body that he doesn’t even concentrate on whatever Han-Byul said. He feels very nauseated with the woman in front of him due to all of her lies. He feels like his chest is very stuffy. The burden he has to carry is very heavy. He is imprisoning an innocent person, his wife is not answering his call and his ex is deceiving him with a fake daughter. Jong-Kook has always thought that he is smart, quick-witted and cautious but today he realized it that he is very stupid that he has made a very huge mistake.

It feels like he is falling on his own trap.

When the doctor came out from the operation theatre, telling both him and Han-Byul that the surgery was successful, he thanked the doctor before moving his gaze to Han-Byul.

 “Take care of Yoo-Ra.” Said Jong-Kook to Han-Byul before walking away, leaving Han-Byul behind. He heard that she was screaming and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter