Broken

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day has gone colder indicating that the summer has ended and fall is approaching. It was cold but the tall man does not seem to give a damn about it. Lee Kwang Soo was sipping his mango milk juice while looking at the person sitting in front of him with uninterested gaze. He exhaled sharply as he put the cup of mango juice on the table. 

“It feels so odd that you suddenly call me to come here. For your information, I don’t drink coffee.” Said Kwang-Soo referring to the coffee shop where he is now.

Jong-Kook rolled his eyes. “I can’t keep bothering Dong-Hoon each time I have problem. Moreover, you are my wife’s best friend. You must know her very well.”

“Spill the beans, what do you want?” Asked Kwang-Soo impatient.

Jong-Kook scoffed. “Ya! Where is your manner? I’m older than you.”

Kwang-Soo shook his head disbelieve. “You are still into that game? Fine. What do you want, hyung?” He asked again.

It was a brief silence before Jong-Kook talked and he cleared his throat just then. “How long have you know my wife?”

Kwang-Soo’s brow furrowed. “I don’t understand.”

“Just freaking answer me, Kwang-Soo ya.” Jong-Kook replied.

“Approximately 4 years. Is it long enough?”

“What kind of woman do you think she is?” Jong-Kook asked again as he slurped his Americano, looking at Kwang-Soo anticipate.

“Truthfully, noona is one of the kindest person I have ever met. She might be rude and stubborn sometimes but she is a very reliable friend.” Replied Kwang-Soo.

“What is the thing she hates the most?”

Kwang-Soo rolled his eyes when he heard Jong-Kook’s question. “Ya! What are you trying to get from me? You are her husband and you guys have been married for almost a year, for God sake. You should know it instead of asking me.”

Jong-Kook sighed again. “Can I trust you?”

“It’s not that if I can be trusted. It’s you who choose to trust me or not.”

“I made a huge mistake, Kwang-Soo ya.” Said Jong-Kook helplessly.

The tall man was a little speechless. “What do you mean, hyung?”

“I lied to her. I betrayed her.”

“What? What do you mean by betraying? Are you seriously going back to your ex-fiancé just because she had your daughter and is staying inside your house?” Asked Kwang-Soo and he started to raise his voice a little.

Jong-Kook shook his head weakly. “It’s something worse than this.”

“Is this the main reason why you asked me to see you?”

Jong-Kook nodded his head. “I bet you have known it already that my father-in-law is currently being suspected for doing money laundering along with his comrade Park Cheol Gwang.”

It started to feel odd for Kwang-Soo as he tried to observe every inch of Jong-Kook’s gestures. “Don’t tell me that it has something to do with you.” Said Kwang-Soo carefully.

“It was my fault.”

Damn, it feels so unbelievable. “Do you mean that it’s your fault? You better explain it clearly when I’m still asking you nicely.”

Jong-Kook gulped once he looked at Kwang-Soo’s gaze that started to get sharper. He wouldn’t deny it if Kwang-Soo started to get upset at him because it was really his fault.

“I’m sorry, Kwang-Soo ya.”

Kwang-Soo exhaled sharply and his palm is balled into a tight fist, trying his best not to punch the man in front of him. “I tell you one more time to explain things clearly.”

Both of them stayed silent for a while before finally Jong-Kook dared himself to look at Kwang-Soo’s eyes. “Yes. It was me. The mastermind behind the arrestment of Song Min Hyuk and Park Cheol Gwang is me.” Said Jong-Kook sternly.

Kwang-Soo couldn’t hold his anger anymore as he started to grab Jong-Kook’s collar. “Are you crazy?” He shouted.

However, Jong-Kook didn’t even try to dodge or to fight back. “People are watching.”

Kwang-Soo’s eyes are still darting at Jong-Kook furiously but this muscled man is right. People in their surroundings are having their eyes on both of them because of his loud voice. Kwang-Soo released his grip and sat on the stool while his hand was reaching for his drink, hoping that cold drink can at least cool him down. Both of them remained silent for a while before Kwang-Soo spoke again.

“I have suspect it since the beginning.” Said Kwang-Soo without looking at Jong-Kook.

“You knew everything?” Jong-Kook was surprised.

Kwang-Soo smirked and moved his gaze back to Jong-Kook. “Don’t you think it’s so strange when a man wanted to marry a woman in order to claim his father’s legacy when he is already very wealthy. Moreover, that man has gained the title the youngest billionaire in the country. I don’t know if anyone has the same thoughts with me but I was so sure that this man has already claimed his father’s legacy beforehand.”

Jong-Kook cursed silently inside his heart. This tall man is very right. He doesn’t even know what to reply him but to stay silent at the moment.

“Your meetings with noona and your marriage are way too suspicious to be considered as a coincidence. You are a very wealthy man that it is so odd that you wanted to marry an ordinary girl for nothing.” Kwang-Soo added and broke the eye contact with Jong-Kook.

“Do you tell Ji-Hyo about all of your suspect?” Asked Jong-Kook again.

Kwang-Soo shook his head. “I do feel very suspicious with you but as time passed by, I could see that noona actually has a real feeling towards you and I trust you that you love her too and I decided to just forget it. I truly wished that it was only my suspect but the conversation we had today proves that my suspects towards you is a fact.” Said Kwang-Soo. He paused as he looked back at Jong-Kook with an intense gaze. “You marry noona just to destroy her father. You’re really a bastard, Kim Jong Kook and I think starting from today I have lost my respect towards you.” He added as he stood up and wanted to leave Jong-Kook behind.

“Please, Kwang-Soo ya.” Said Jong-Kook as he tried to stop Kwang-Soo from going away.

Kwang-Soo chuckled sarcastically. “What do you expect from me? You knew it very well that your wife is very stubborn. Sometimes she doesn’t even listen to her mother and you think she will listen to me? You are ridiculous.”

“It’s not what I mean.” He sounded very stressful.

Kwang-Soo sat back on his seat and looked at Jong-Kook as he is waiting for him to continue his words.

“I do have a reason why I have the intention to destroy my own father-in-law.” Jong-Kook added.

Kwang-Soo crossed both of his hands on his chest because he himself is actually a little curious of why Jong-Kook wanted to do so. He has the feeling that Kim Jong Kook is actually not an evil person and he decided to give him a chance to explain.

Jong-Kook took a very deep breath before explaining everything to Kwang-Soo. From how his parents were killed by the car crash and he was brought to the orphanage after that, how could he suspects Song Min Hyuk and how he thinks that his suspect all this while is wrong.

“I’m sorry for your lost.” Said Kwang-Soo once he heard Jong-Kook’s story. He never has idea that this arrogant person hid a deep scar behind.

Jong-Kook smiled weakly. “It’s okay. It’s not your fault anyway.”

“Noona does not know anything about it yet?”

“No. As much as I wanted to tell her every single inch of the truth, there is always something that prevents me from doing so. My throat feels like losing its voice each time I tried to tell her.”

Kwang-Soo sighed as he started to feel frustrated too. It’s way too complicated for him. “Noona hates liar the most. You better let her know as soon as possible because once she found the truth from other person, it will not be lovely.”

“You are right and I feel so ashamed for being so selfish.”

“You are indeed so selfish. You wanted to destroy her father and yet you want her. You better get back to your sense or else you will end up with nothing.” Said Kwang-Soo and he sounded serious.

Jong-Kook is indeed very aware because Kwang-Soo is the third people to told him so. The first was Jae-Seok. The second was Dong-Hoon and this is literally the third time. He swore to himself right after he went home, he ought to tell Song Ji Hyo everything before he lost her for real.

“Kwang-Soo ya, when I told her the truth, let’s say she did the same thing as what she did last time. Can you do me a favor?” Jong-Kook asked and he looked at Kwang-Soo with pleading gaze.

“You mean running away? What do you want me to do, hyung?”

Jong-Kook let out a bitter smile. “We both know that she is very stubborn. Please help me to take care of her because I’m sure that she will indeed look for you and So-Min.”

“Then you have to make sure that she won’t run away from you again.”

“I will try but I do not have good feeling about it. I do not want to admit it but it feels like she’s withdrawing herself from me. I hope that it’s only my feeling. That’s why I asked for your help.”

Kwang-Soo pat Jong-Kook’s shoulder lightly and gave him a light smile. “You can count on me.”

“Thank you, Kwang-Soo ya.”

After the a little more chat with Kwang-Soo, Jong-Kook decided to leave because it’s going to be late and he needs to go home now. He bid his goodbye to Kwang-Soo and get into his car straight away. He was driving on his way back to his house and suddenly, a jewelry shop caught his attention. The thought of his wife went through his head and he smiled right away. He parked his car and decided to get into the shop. As soon as he stepped into the jewelry shop, the shopkeeper welcomed him with a smile.

“Welcome, sir. How can I help you?” She asked politely.

Jong-Kook smiled awkwardly and his eyes wandered around the jewelry displays. He could see the shining diamonds and jewelry but he is too confused on which one he should choose.

“May I know what is your needs on these jewelry? Is it for a gift or personal use?” The shopkeeper asked again.

“A gift.” Jong-Kook replied. “An anniversary gift.” He added again.

“A necklace would be nice.”

Jong-Kook’s brow furrowed. “A necklace?”

The shopkeeper nodded. “In ancient culture, the gift of necklace is a statement of love. The romans used necklace instead of engagement rings and diamond pendant would make such a great anniversary gift.”

“Really? Do you have something that’s not too exaggerate? My wife does not like something too flashy. She likes something simple yet meaningful.” Jong-Kook replied because he still remembered when he brought her to the jewelry shop to buy their wedding rings. She literally complained that the diamond is way too big for her small finger.

The shopkeeper smiled. “Yes, we do.” She replied and took a pendant from the display box. She placed it on the tray. “It’s a crescent moon and star necklace with diamond scattered on it. The necklace itself is a 18K white gold and the diamonds are not very big because each of it weighs less than 1 carat.”

Jong-Kook’s eyes sparkled upon the diamond necklace that she brought. It’s shiny and is indeed very beautiful that made him captivated.

“Sir, would you like to what does crescent moon and star necklace means?” The shopkeeper asked with a light smile.

Jong-Kook nodded lightly. “What does it means?”

“The moon illuminates the dark night skies. The crescent moon and stars necklace is a powerful symbol of light and hope. Furthermore, it is believed that if a star is accompanying a moon, the piece represents I love you to the moon and the back.”

His lips curled up upon hearing the shopkeeper’s short explanation. Is it a coincidence that the shopkeeper is recommending him a crescent moon and star necklace? The thought of a little girl giving him her crescent shaped brooch passed through his head. It has been 16 years since he met her and he wondered if he will really see her again because he promised that he will return it to her one day.

“I’ll take that one.” Jong-Kook replied.

“Yes. I’ll pack it for you. Please proceed to the cashier. Thank you, sir.” Said the shopkeeper politely.

**

On the other side, Ji-Hyo was sitting on a bench nearby the Han River Park as she’s waiting for the presence of a person. The day is getting colder as she tightened the grip on her coat. The day might be cold but it feels numb because the pain on her heart hurt even more.

“Ji-Hyo ya.”

Ji-Hyo turned around and her lips curled a little upon looking at the guy who called her. “In-Sung ah.” She greeted back as she gave him a casual hug.

In-Sung took a seat beside of her and handed her a cup of warm latte. “It’s very cold here. Do you want to move somewhere warmer?”

She shook her head. “It’s okay. It’s still bearable. Thank you for the coffee.” She replied.

“It’s fine. You looked tired. Are you okay?” In-Sung asked because her dark circles are very visible.

Ji-Hyo sighed. “Did you do what I asked?”

“Are you sure with your decision?” In-Sung asked back instead of replying her.

She inhaled another deep breath to stop herself from crying because if she speaks no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter