Chapter 29

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

Because Minho had to go to the war meeting, Taemin was left alone. Jinki still had tasks to do on his own, which made Tae feel bored. He managed to go through the prince's books and even some papers but showed no interest in the lessons and programs written between those writings, so he gave up.

 

Taemin went to the closet and looked at the clothes inside. Robes, cloaks, hanboks. A long red robe caught his attention because it was so luxurious. Wow, already ready for the wedding, the pirate thought to himself. In the Silla and other kingdoms in Korea, weddings were done in traditional red clothes. The pirate giggled to himself and moved on to the next garment in the closet. All of the prince's clothes were very large, fit to his size, but behind the big clothes were some in smaller sizes. Probably of the prince when he was younger?

 

Taemin looked at the clothes and took a light yellow garment, it reminded him a bit of the guard's uniform in China. He thought to himself that if he tried to look more noble-like, or like a woman he would be able to walk around the palace without showing suspicion. With this plan and the great boredom he felt, he took the garment and wore it. The garment was a different style, it was not a hanbok but a Chinese dress which was probably customized. Hanfu is a light yellow color. It fitted Taemin's body. The fabric was comfortable and soft.

 

Taemin arranged the long sleeves so that they rested on his thin wrists. He tied the ribbon around his waist a little tight to show shape to his body, the top part he arranged so that it would look a little fuller with a little volume so others would not think he was too flat to be a girl. Key taught him to make any outfit both feminine and masculine. The hair arrangement was one of Key’s specialties, just like at the ball night a few months ago. Taemin made his completely scattered hair rest on his shoulders, a certain piece he took and made a braid which it ends he wrapped in a knot with the yellow ribbon he found in a jewelry box and then wrapped the braid around another group of hair creating a half ponytail hairstyle. The unassembled hair rested on his back. In the mirror that was in the room, Taemin looked at himself and nodded with a smile. He looks like a girl.

 

Now he just has to hope that nothing happens to him. There were a lot of people in the palace, servants, officials, guards. Taemin Did not look like any of them. The soldiers wore dark blue and red, the maids wore light blue, and the servants blue. The officials, dark purple or any garment they fancy, usually it was dark purple. The pirate made a quick cover story, which is perhaps the daughter of one of the officials. There is a chance they will believe him.

 

He went out of the room into the empty corridor. He did not take his sword with him but did take another pointy object and stuck it in his hair, he also took a fan with him that was lying on one of the shelves. Taemin went downstairs where there was the war meeting. On the way, he almost came across two guards who ran, probably from somewhere to their position? On the way, he also saw a girl peeking into a room. No one passed by and stopped her so the disguised pirate decided to stand behind her. At first, he tried to see what she was looking at but then put his hand on her shoulder and she, with her good reflexes, grabbed his hand, turned it with his face the wall and his hand behind his back, it all happened in a few seconds, or at least that's what it felt like. "Cool," he said.

 

The girl looked at him strangely and asked, "Who are you?" Still not releasing her grip. Taemin did not answer. "Answer me, who are you?" The girl was seen around the age of fifteen but even if her age was young her strength and agility were perhaps even better than a boy of the same age. "The question is, why are you eavesdropping on the war meeting," Taemin answered with another question. "Not your business." 

 

"Are you the daughter of one of them?" He asked. The girl loosened her grip a bit, it was probably strange for her to see this girl not screaming in pain but was interested in what she was doing. "Yes," she replied. The girl completely released him from her grasp so Taemin could turn around and stretch out his aching hand. "You're really cool," he said. She looked at him with big eyes, then looked around and shoved him into a side room full of shelves with books and various objects. "Who are you really?"

 

"Someone close to the prince," he replied. "No one is close to the prince except his servant," the girl said. Taemin looked at her, she had her black hair arranged in a high ponytail with a pink ribbon, and she wore a red hanbok. The girl herself scanned him as well and noticed a bracelet on his hand that was seen from under his sleeve. She came to say something but he silenced her so that his hand blocked . He did not want her to start asking questions.

 

"Where did you learn the things you did outside?" He changed the subject. "My father is the general, the official in charge of the Army," she said but did not sound so proud of the saying but a little depressed. "Cool," he said but the girl straight up said, "not cool." Tae did not understand why. "To be the daughter of a general is to live with a rich and happy family, to marry someone from a higher class and not to have a happy life anymore, but what do you know..." Taemin interrupted her. "I am." "No you are not, this life is not fair," the girl said, leaning against the shelf behind her.

 

"I do," he said again. The girl in front of him was different, not like any other girl he knew. Meaning she did remind him of Naeun, but she was stronger in a different way. "I'll tell you a secret, you told me something about yourself, so I'll tell you something about myself," Taemin said and smiled at her. "My name is Taemin, I understand you because I was engaged to my best friend, to someone who was more like my sister." The girl's eyes widened from the shock, she looked at him in surprise. She scanned him again. "You?" she asked.

 

"Yes I'm a boy, and I'm pretty close to the prince but let's not talk about it now. You're really strong and you know what you want because you know what's good for you and no one else. I ran away from my destiny and found a new destiny, and someone I want to live with. I found people I could trust and they became my family. I know that because you're a woman and you have no rights. The fact that you taught yourself self-defense and opened up to a person who thought those abilities were cool, says something about you." 

 

The girl in front of him nodded and said, "You told me who you are and I respect you for that, so I'll tell you a secret for a secret." The two sat on the floor of the room. "But you must not tell anyone." Taemin nodded, they both promised to not reveal each other secrets. "My name is Park Sooyoung, Joy." Taemin smiled and laughed, "are you the thief who’s wanted?" It was not a laugh of disbelief but honor. "You're such a cool person, Park Sooyoung, I'm proud of you."

 

"And I'm proud of you, Fire Dancer," Tae did not expect the girl to say. "How?" He asked. "Everyone says the Fire Dancer was seen in Gyong-Ju, in the meeting now the prince said they probably did not really see him and that maybe they just imagined, of course, the king did not agree and sent search groups but I saw you come in yesterday, you left my room, so I guessed." "Was that your room?" Sooyoung nodded.

 

"If you're here you probably have a good reason, I guess it has something to do with your bracelet and the prince." Taemin nodded, "And what about you? Why did you become Joy?" He asked her. "Make people scared and get my dad upset. I need some drama while the pirates are not here. One day I'll run away like you and find a new destiny," she smiled. "It was nice to meet you, Taemin."