Chapter 9

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

The pirates left the palace and hurried through the dark streets towards the old pier, to their surprise guards did not follow them, they returned to the deck as luckily no one was seriously injured, maybe there were some who had cuts here and there but there was nothing they could not take care of.

 

On the way to the ship Jongin did not stop talking to Taemin when all this time Taemin could not concentrate on what his friend had to say, on the one hand, he talked to Choi Minho, who was a completely different person than he thought he was, on the other hand, he was afraid of what he was starting to feel.

 

The prisoner they released was fighting all this time next to them in the palace. Who was he? no one knew. He was wearing a black cloak that wrapped him and did not let anyone see what the man looked like. He went with them to the ship, limping the whole way and was helped by Jonghyun. The fact that the man helped them fight inside the palace surprised the pirates. 

 

Baekhyun and Canyeol, who were not part of the battle, saw their captains running towards them telling them that they had to leave the palace as soon as possible before they were to be chased. 

 

"Are you listening to me at all?" Jongin asked his friend as they walked on the pier on the way to the ship, "Sorry Jongin, what did you say?" Taemin looked at him and the sound of the rotten planks beneath their feet was heard as many pairs of feet walked on them, "What are you thinking about that is so important than what I have to say?" Jongin looked disappointed. "About what happened at the palace," Taemin confessed. "Oh, right, you fought the prince," Jongin nodded his head as he understood what was going on. "Exactly, I fought the prince," Tamin looked at where he was going and noticed he almost stepped on cancer that walked there. "And why do you think of the prince so much? You've thought of him since the ball."

 

"I don’t know, I have this strange feeling." "Don’t tell me you..." Jongin said, his eyes widened as if he had come up with something shocking. "No," Tamin said. "Wow, Tae..." " Shut up."

 

 

 

Key decided to let the ship members see who the prisoner they released only when they were already on the ship and after leaving the shores of Korea. The prisoner who wore black and stood in front of the crew who was excited to know who he was. Tae was leaning on the stairs next to someone wounded, bandaging his hand that had burns on it from the fire and also looked at the prisoner, but his thoughts were still stuck on the prince, the one who talked to him, the one who was afraid of fire, the one who let them go, the one who made him feel weird, he did not notice anything, not even when he bandaged his hand too hard, "oh ," he uttered about at his hand hurting from the tietness, everyone looked at him, how embarrassing.

 

"Sorry," he said with an awkward smile, looking at his hand and releasing the bandage to re-bandage his injury. He felt the prisoner's eyes on him, but he couldn’t see his face due to the hood still resting on his head. "Good to see you are fine Mr. Lee," Key said to the hooded man. The man whispered something to the pirate, but no one heard his words. But when Key asked if he would like to take off his hood and show his face to the crew, the now free man decided not to do so but was led to the belly of the ship by Jonghyun. 

 

"Why didn't he show us who he is?" Baekhyun finally asked. "I do not know," the captain sighed, "but that is his identity, the decision is in his hands." The crew nodded understandingly. "Now, let's arrange food, we had a long night, it's time to eat," Key added, which made everyone start preparing for the meal. In addition, the crew was also preparing for the continuation of a cruise that was meanwhile planned northeast.

 

Taemin got to the point where he was the one who had to bring food to the same prisoner whose name was "Mr. Lee", or rather, Jonghyun told him to take food to "My. Lee" after seeing that he did not touch his own food. Taemin went down to where everyone slept in the belly of the ship. Down there, at the far end of the room, sat the same man to whom he was bringing the food, with his back to him and his hood no longer on his head but on the nape of his neck, revealing a scar, which went from his ear to the middle of his neck. 

 

"Here is your food, sir," Taemin said, placing the plate next to the prisoner. "Thank you," he said before turning around. Taemin was amazed to see the face of the man in front of him. "I did not expect to see my son becoming a pirate, Lee Taemin." Taemin was in shock, his father was sitting in front of him, his father who he had not seen for several years.

 

"I thought you were dead," Taemin said, still standing. "Look where I found myself at, getting caught for my crimes," his father nodded to himself looking at the plate next to him. "But you were just a merchant," Taemin said. "I was never just a merchant, Taemin-ah,” said his father. "And mother..." "I loved her very much, do not get me wrong, she was my first and only," he smiled a nostalgic smile, "but you know," he looked back at his son, "at last, we lost the dearest ones to us." Tae wanted to cry, for how long had he not cried.

 

"So you've been a pirate all this time?" His father nodded, "and I was caught at the end," his father added. "I want to say I had a cool dad, but I'm too surprised to show any enthusiasm," Taemin said and sat down in front of his father. "Three years have passed," Taemin added, "it felt longer down there." "What kind of pirate were you?" Tae asked. "I was called ‘the Blue-Sword of the sea’, your mother knew, I was not such a terrible pirate but I was considered one of the worst," his father explained, taking a piece of bread from the plate and eating it slowly. 

 

"Did you really get to kill so many people?" The younger pirate looked at his father who nodded, not looking back at his son, probably guilty, Taemin nodded to himself. "Do you like your life, Tae? Do you like traveling? The crew?" His father asked him. "They are my family now after you and Mom left me," he replied honestly. "I'm sorry Taemin." "Don't be sorry, please, I understand why you hid all this from me and I understand they took you and let me, us, believe you were dead."

 

"You are a very smart boy." For a while it was quiet, only sounds of chewing and swallowing were heard in the room, Mr. Lee, Captain Blue-Sword, and his son sat facing each other. "So the prince," his father began. "What about the prince?" Taemin jumped up because of the mention of Choi Minho. "He is the one who convinced the king not to execute me, yet," his father explained, "the king is cruel and clever, but he has a sensitive place towards his son, no matter how many of his men I killed and tried to break the rules, His son made him wait with my death. The prince is a good man."

 

"I don’t understand many things. Everyone thought you were dead. How could the shining devil know that you were still alive?" Taemin asked. "My will," his father replied. "But pirates don’t care about other people." "You're on a ship with a different kind of pirate, Lee Taemin, pirates who respect each other, their spy found my letter, he passed it on. He couldn’t free me himself, otherwise, the palace would have suspected him. After delivering the letter, there was a realization that I was not dead and that the royals had caught me," Blue-Sword explained. 

 

"What did you write in the letter?" The young pirate asked. "About death, about you," his father said. "it means that ..." Yes, Tae, I have no reason to live anymore, I have been absent for three years, I have nothing to give to the world anymore, to you, the territories of my family have passed to the monarchy, all I want is to die, to join your mother. Understand, I am weak and sick, it hurts all the time, I want it to stop."

 

Taemin hugged his father who did not hesitate and hugged his son back, whispering to him, "I wrote that I want you to be taken care of and protected, you have reached the deck of the best captains I know." His father released the hug and erased the tears that appeared on his son's face. "The ones who think others are worth getting respect, they will be those who will respect them in return."

 

Taemin came back upstairs, he did not cry when he was back upstairs, he just went and sat down at the far end of the duck looking at the feast still being held, the dog of the ship came to sit next to him there, his head on Taemin's knees. "What to do?" He asked. No one answered.

 

I did not know what to feel in this situation, I will not submit that I did not cry.



 

Dear diary, 

This is my father's death day, the day he finally joined my mother. I did not tell anyone that Blue-Sword was my father. Not even the captains.

I prefer it to stay that way. They already know anyway.