Chapter 14

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

Tae had shifted on board, folding the fishing nets they used a few hours ago, and putting them back in place in boxes, basically, he had to bring food to Baekhyun but Chanyeol told him he would do it even though it was his time to rest. Taemin did not argue. At the end of his task, he got down in the belly of the ship and half of the pirates slept, he saw the empty plate of Baekhyun, next to which there was a Chanyeol leaning against the wall and Baekhyun leaning on his chest so that he was half sitting on the giant's lap. Both were covered with a musty blanket.

 

Taemin decided to go back to the deck, he sat at the end of the ship where one could see where the ship was headed. He played with his bracelet, he has no thought in his head, he just looked at the horizon. Some pirates that were working on the ship moved from place to place so you could hear the sound of their footsteps. When an easterly wind came you could hear, "Raise gears," the ship accelerated and you could see how the water moved under the ship. They will arrive in China soon, soon could be a few days and maybe even a few weeks, depending on what happens in the unpredictable sea.  

 

It was noon, shouts were heard from the mast, at first no one understood so then sounded, "A ship on the horizon." Taemin saw her from his place, a large black ship in the background of the blue sea and partly cloudy sky, a red flag with an unknown symbol, Chinese pirates. The ships approached each other, Bling-Bling stood next to Taemin in front of the ship looking through an eye patch. "Zhang," he said. "Who?" Taemin asked but the captain did not answer.

 

Most of the Pirates of the Shining Devil stood on the deck, even ones who awoke from their rest. Taemin didn’t see Chanyeol or Baekhyun, Jongin who joined standing next to Taemin told him he told the two to stay and rest, Tae nodded, they should rest. The ships got even closer and the red flag could be seen with an incomprehensible caption. The ships stood side by side, facing northeast and the other southwest, the pirates looking at each other, the Chinese facing the Koreans. "Zhang Yixing,” ”Kim Jonghyun, a nice name you found for yourself, Bling-Bling, absolutely weird," the Chinese pirate said with a broken Korean.

 

"Where are you heading?" Jonghyun asked in Chinese, "Japan, good trade this year, isn't it?" Yixing answered him. Taemin understood the language, he learned languages ​​when he was a small child but could not speak the language himself, the merchants his father worked with, whom he met previously, spoke different languages. Jongin next to him did not understand a word and Taemin wanted to laugh at the face he had on his face. At one point Jongin turned to him and began to explain the friendships between the two captains. It turns out that Bling-Bling saved Zhang from some situation that they got into together and saved each other and repaid debts, but that did not stop them from quickly attacking each other, which has not happened since the last time they met, but nobody talked about it.

 

"You're on your way to China, am I right?" The Chinese captain asked. "Yes, how long have you been at sea?" Jonghyun asked. "Four days but you are lucky, the wind is in your favor, we will take a week to get to Japan. Good luck when you get there, beware of the guards, Wang doesn’t like people sneaking into his palace," Zhang said and then signaled to his staff that they were continuing on their way. “We took that to an account," Jonghyun said before the ships had time to move away again. Taemin noticed the sight of the pirates on the Chinese ship he had learned was called "WayV”, They did not look like he thought they would, they were beautiful, well broomed, probably lived well on board and more on such a large ship. The ships passed each other and continued their journey.

 

The Shining Devil reached a small island before arriving in China. Even though with the wind in their favor, a storm was close to them and they decided to dock. While the pirates prepared for the approaching storm, Taemin and Chanyeol sat in the belly of the ship with Baekhyun sleeping on the giant's knees. The wind hit the ship making it move a bit. Baekhyun's face was blue. "What do you think it is?" Chanyeol asked. "Maybe he needs sunlight," Taemin suggested, "and fresh air." "So we'll ask Key to get him out when the storm is over," Chanyeol agreed with Taemin. He took care of the little pirate lying on his lap looking suffering. "It doesn’t seem to me that this will be a problem," Taemin smiled at the giant who at the time ran his hand through Baekhyun's hair that had grown longer, and layed down too on Chanyeol’s free knee. 

 

That night all the pirates settled in the belly of the ship, the wind whistled and the sound of the waves hitting the wood, and the big rocks placed not far from where they docked, everyone tried to sleep, they knew the morning would feel longer from the cleaning and arranging they would have to do onboard. The captains themselves did not dare to leave their room, relief filled everyone when they knew the ship was moored near some island, if they were in the heart of the sea it could be their end, anything could happen during the storm when you are in the middle of the sea. The mast of the ship itself was attached to a long rope that was attached to a tree on the island, the anchor was stuck in the sea so that the ship could not move while the wind hit it.

 


 

The next morning everyone worked on the deck, luckily the mast did not fall at all but had to be stitched as some parts got torn apart, they had to arrange things, and fix other things which stuck Taemin on the deck and not go with his two friends for a walk on the beach. The sun was visible in the cloudless sky and a warm breeze was blowing. The young pirate thought two of his friends walking in this weather together on the beach.

 

Taemin heard Baekhyun’s story in parts, mostly from Baek himself. Key stood next to him as he rolled some ropes. "Hyung?" "Yes, Taemin?" The captain asked. "I know Baek ran away and showed up here thinking it was a ghost ship, but I never heard where he came from," Taemin said looking at his captain looking in the direction of two pirates walking next to each other on the beach. "Koguryo," Key replied. Taemin looked at him his mouth slowly opened from surprise. 

 

"He..." But did not finish his words. "From the north, the government there moved to his older brother recently, you should understand Taemin, people decide to run away because of their experience, through life, who lived and did not want to continue living like this. Like you, Byun Baekhyun decided it was not right for him. Respect him Taemin, but do not treat him differently than you do now."

 

With these words, Key went to watch the pirates of the Shining Devil do their work. Taemin looked at the figures in the background with smiles on their faces, even if Baekhyun had a tired smile he could see how different his friend from the north, the Koguryo kingdom, he smiled to himself and returned to the ropes he was needed to separate and roll.