Chapter 24

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

The hallway was empty, or at least that's what he thought, at the sound of footsteps the pirate hurried back into the room and closed the door behind him quietly. "We need to hurry," a very deep voice said. "Why hurry? It's just a suspicion," a voice that sounded hoarse and of an old man said, he sounded calmer than the other. "Even if this is a suspicion we should be prepared as soon as possible, someone has seen the fire dancer enter the city." The sounds echoed in the background and slowly weakened until there was quiet in the hallway. It's now or... not now, Tae thought to himself and left the room starting to run.

 

He reached a staircase where he decided to go up, which caused him to reach the completely deserted second floor, only one torch was lit and on the other side of the corridor was a bridge to cross to another wing of the palace. The pirate had no other way to go and decided to continue to the bridge to pass it quickly and carefully so no one will see him. The bridge was about five feet long, while the sounds of footsteps tapping, a guard post stood in front of the place that was parallel to the bridge where two guards who were one more drunk than the other stood looking in the other direction. Taemin crossed the bridge quickly, faster than he calculated he was able to cross it. He successfully reached the long corridor.

 

There were room doors along the corridor. The distance between them was great and that is why the corridor was so long and scary. On the walls were carpets, curtains, works of art, making it look less boring. Chances were it was the royal accommodation. Taemin walked down the corridor, occasionally looking behind him to see if someone was coming, but no one was. 

 

The torches illuminated the hallway was showing him that he is walking on a long and smooth carpet without any special decoration. When he reached a staircase he did not go up or down it but continued straight. When he heard noises coming from the stairs he just passed, Taemin hurried towards the nearest door and immediately opened the door and entered the room without checking if there was anyone in it or what was in it in general. The pirate leaned against the door with his back and breathed a sigh of relief.

 

When he noticed the room he entered, he noticed that the room was completely majestic and lit by a single torchlight. Tae went further in and saw a large and majestic bed standing in the part of the room, which only if he had entered more he would have seen it fully, it was covered with a canopy of almost clear cloth, a desk was facing it with shelves full of books and other decorations. A closet was placed in a certain area of the room, it was obvious it was full of expensive clothes made of good, soft fabric, a quality fabric fitted to royalty. 

 

The pirate wondered who owned that big and luxurious room. He went deeper inside, completely forgetting that at any moment the room owner could enter. He circled a low table and the comfortable pillows around it where the owner probably eats or receives guests.

 

Taemin went to the desk, feather pens were in an open ink bottle, which indicated that probably the room owner went for a moment and would be back soon but Taemin discarded the thought out of his head because something else caught his attention, a fancy pen with a special decoration resting on a pile of parchment sheets. Two books laid open near with maps of the East. Tae looked closely at the pages with neat writing. Taemin went over the words with his eyes and noticed a note that whoever wrote it summed up a certain route, something was written there about Jeju, one word appeared several times, and from the body in which the writer wrote one could guess that a diary was written.

 

My father decided we would go to Jeju for an important mission, Taemin read in his head, he sent a letter to King Kim but did not wait for an answer and we sailed a day later. I have not been to the sea for a long time to which I am so eager to return, the open air and the special smell that reminds me how much the journey at sea is something I loved to go out on my own. 

When my father is on the same ship as me the feeling is different, like I could not let go and be me, get lost, and not feel like I had the duties of a prince on my shoulders, that I have to accept the crown after my father and become the king. 

So he wanted to get to Jeju because the ship he was so eager to catch would be there, and so the whole cruise was the only thing he talked about, they took something that was important to him and that's why he was so angry.

 

The man's writing was so beautiful that Taemin could not stop himself and keep reading.

 

I love Jeju Island, the open spaces, and the extraordinary view that was so different from the Silla. On the island, I felt like the color of the sea was different, it made me think differently about where I grew up and the sea and beach I saw every day from my room window. 

The tradition of the locals and the royal family was beautiful to me, the way the women made the special jewelry, whether they were necklaces, bracelets, earrings, or belts, the ceremonies of the place, and the freedom of the people made me feel how special the place is. 

If I were to get married I would want a Jeju-style ceremony, the many colors in the celebration, the promise and the jewel that accompanies the promises, it is still hard for me to believe that the one who invented such a beautiful thing was the brother of my great grandfather, the first King of Jeju.

 

Taemin did not know about what was being said on the pages, about the special ceremonies and the jewels that were full of meaning, it made him think about himself and the thing he kept close to him for all the time that had passed.

 

The visit to the palace felt stressful, strange, my father hurried to the place because he knew that the captain of The Shining Devil was welcomed on the island with open arms, but I did not want to stay in the palace and hear the conversation between the kings. I left the palace, which was also beautiful in its special design style and gardens that were open for the citizens to visit who helped nurture the place. 

I decided to go to the market, I wanted to buy a special piece of jewelry for myself that was related to the tradition of the place. I wanted to buy a piece of jewelry because something in me told me I had to do it, that way I could be whole with myself, and another side in me told me that I probably wouldn’t ever be able to come back here only because my father hated pirates, and the island I walked on was an island that welcomed those free people happily. 

Even though the design was special the item was so simple and so cheap. It looked like the stall woman knew what she was creating and let her work be sold. Of course, there was a traditional piece of jewelry around her neck, I guess she grew up on the island. I took the bracelet and did not notice anything as if I lost my senses because the next thing I remember to happen was after was when I had the blue bracelet on my wrist and the second bracelet was in a small red sack that I held in my hand.

 

Taemin longed to know if the prince had written anything about him, it must be the prince who wrote it all, they saw each other, saw each other on the island, and even walked while keeping eye contact. Taemin realized where he was, Choi Minho's bedroom.

 

Strong emotions are held in a person's heart, the feeling that someone is looking at you is not self-evident but when I looked around I saw him, I felt like it was destiny that made me go back to...

 

The door to the room opened.