Chapter 11

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

The ship docked on the shores of Jeju, it was very early in the morning and the sun was just out over the water, the pirates were already sweating from all the work they were doing. A messenger was waiting for them on the pier.

 

"Key," he said when he saw the captain who had already come to pass from the deck to the pier, "hello, how was the voyage, were there no problems on the way? I heard there was a storm but I see you are healthy and in one piece, the king expects to see you at breakfast," the messenger said. “How many can I bring with me?" Key asked and pointed to the group on the ship. "as little as possible," the messenger said. "We are four," the captain said. The messenger nodded. Jonghyun, Taemin, and Baekhyun got off the ship with Bangten after on their tail.

 

"The king will not be happy to see the dog," the messenger said. "He will not come with us to the palace. We will leave him with one of the families," Key promised. "Then come after me." Onboard remained the crews most of whom went back to sleep, it was not that they did not care, they trusted their captains more than anything and that’s why they never stole the ship when the two were not around, they went back to sleep because their mission would start towards noon and they had time to rest. There was one pirate who remained on the dock and was awake to watch over the ship and took on the task of waking everyone up and sending them to work they had to do. 

 

The four and Bangtan followed the messenger who kept talking about the crown prince and how his training was progressing, Taemin learned that the heir was still a young boy, almost seventeen-years-old, for some reason he thought the prince was to be Minho's age. In addition, the messenger said that the young prince, the heir's little brother, was poor and incompetent, the boy was not planned to be born and therefore was not expected to be like his brother, usually the little boy walked around the palace garden more interested in nature than anything else really, "poor," the messenger concluded His words. 

 

People were awake and started preparations for the day. The pirates were happily welcomed in the area by the townspeople and their children, the little kids even the little dog who enjoyed every moment, but the do never left the group he came with for a moment. 

 

At one point they reached a certain house where they stopped before continuing on to the palace. Taemin was ordered to knock on the door and so he did. A boy around the beginning of his teens opened the door. "Hello," he said. Taemin smiled at the boy who noticed the number of guests standing at the door. “Just a moment," He said and went back into the house, after a few minutes a woman appeared in the doorway. “Hello,” she said as her son stood beside her noticing the little dog wagging its tail.

 

"Do you need anything?" She asked the guests who showed up at her door. "Would you agree to take this dog under your care?" Taemin asked them. the boy's face lit up when the question was asked and a wide smile came over his lips. "Where are my manners, come on in, you can let the dog in with you, of course," the woman said letting the pirates in. Key and Jonghyun sat with the lady while the boy, Taemin and Bakhayun stayed with the dog in another area of ​​the room. Tae let the boy play with the dog. "does he have a name?" He asked, "Bangtan," Taemin replied. "He must be really brave." "He certainly is." 

 

"Why did you choose us to keep it?" The lady asked. "We trust Jeju's people to take care of him, we also want to ask for a favor in exchange for past events." Everyone looked at the boy, only Taemin did not understand why everyone looked at the boy who was playing with the dog. "We'll keep him and treat him the best we can," the woman said. "Thank you Narayun-ssi," Jonghyun said. "I'm sure Jungkook would be very happy," she said. they didn’t stay too long because they had to get to the palace before the morning meal, they did not agree to take anything from what they were offered. "So he stays with us?" Jungkook asked. "Yes," his mother replied and they both watched the pirates continue to the palace.

 

"So that was him?" Taemin asked Baek. "Who?" "The boy Key saved," Taemin replied. "Yes," Baekhyun said. "How are they related to royals?" Taemin was curious. "The boy's father is the king's personal guard and military general, he is the person closest to the king, some say that if the king had a daughter she would be engaged to the general’s son," Baekhyun explained. Taemin nodded.

 

 


 

They arrived at the palace, the reception was too much for Key’s taste who just wanted to have breakfast and say hello to his good friend, and not for all the king's ministers to stand at the entrance ahead of them. "Kim Kibum," the king stood at the entrance to the hall. "Please don’t call me that," Key asked. the group entered the hall. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, Key's full name is Kibum, he is the little brother of the king's best friend who died in a battle against Japanese bandits who attacked Jeju," Tae was surprised from what Baekhyun had just whispered to him. 

 

"Anything else I do not know?" He asked sarcastically. "Key and Bling ran away together, they both met in Jeju, of course, they told their friend about leaving and becoming pirates, they also promised to go back to visit and really on one of their visits Key managed to save the general’s son from drowning."

 

"Wow." "Absolutely wow." "The king is that young?" "I don’t know more than what I told you," Baekhyun shrugged. "How do you know all this?" "It's not that they're hiding anything," Baekhyun said. They went into the palace and looked around, it seemed Baek knew many things. "Wait, but what about the rivalry with Silla? They are not family by blood with Jeju?" Taemin asked. "Yes, they are close by blood but the rivalry started long before, Jeju rebelled against the style of administration that in Korea, they were at peace with pirates, guarded areas that ships stopped in," Baekhyun explained again. They sat down at small tables where they got served trays with breakfast, now they just had to wait for the rest of the family to join. The king sat down on his chair in the middle of the hall next to him the empty chair of his contemporary wife and so did the two seats of his two sons.

 

 

 

A few minutes while everyone was waiting the queen and heir entered the hall, the queen went to sit on her husband's right side and the prince sat in front of the pirates sitting on the king's left side. One chair was left empty in the hall but it did not appear that the king cared. "You may start eating." Everyone started eating only Baekhyun did not touch his food. "Why aren’t you eating?" Taemin asked. "The prince is not here yet," Baekhyun replied. "You respect him, do you?" "It's not nice to start eating without all the royalties," Key and Jonghyun quickly ate their food while the king spoke next to them, Taemin who ate only one spoon put the spoon on the side and waited with Baekhyun, not wanting his friend to wait alone. 

 

They waited for the prince to come, which happen, eventually, after a short time, the young prince entered the hall on a run, he stood in front of his father bowed twice, and said sorry, going to sit in his place, his father sent him a glare, his mother showed no emotion while his older brother sent him a quick smile feeling bad as he started eating before his brother appeared. The young prince sent him a smile and looked at the new guests in the room, when the young boy's eyes stopped at Baekhyun his smile grew wider, Baekhyun smiled back at him, the prince took a spoon to his mouth, and then Baekhyun started eating himself, Taemin who was already really hungry continued eating too.

 

"Did you do what you had to do?" The king asked the captains. "Yes," Key replied, "We are thinking of continuing from here south to China," he added. "Why to China?" "We heard about inmates being imprisoned there, that someone important from Korea was imprisoned," Key said with a full mouth as he did not care about his manners. "Are you going to rescue them?" The king of Jeju asked. "I want to annoy someone, so yeah," Key swallowed his food. "You'll have to be really careful there, they know you in the area," the king reminded them. "We have a new face on the team, everything will be fine, we understand the greatness of the danger."

 

"I got a message from Silla," the king suddenly said. "your cousin hates me very much," Key said. "us," Bling-Bling corrected him. "The message has reached all the kingdoms of Korea, everyone wants you." "We know, but it's because we Robbed them," Key's manners, or rather the captain's impoliteness made Taemin laugh. "I do not tell you therefore what to do but I want you to be careful," the double doors opened and a messenger came in bowing full bow, trembling all over, "Sir, King Choi is here." "Explain," the king asked. "We saw the ship and the Silla flag, Choi Siwon is here," the messenger did not look into his king's eyes. 

 

Jonghyun and Key looked at each other, "Chanyeol knows what to do, right?" Bling-Bling asked his partner, due to the name of the pirate and the name of the Silla leader, Taemin and Baekhyun also exchanged glances. Minho is here? "As long as he takes the ship to the cave we are safe," Key replied. "Jeon," the king said, someone who stood at the end of the hall stepped forward to stand in front of the king. "Arrange the soldiers, I do not want there to be a mess." the guard nodded and left the hall. "Key, the back exit," the king informed the pirates who got up from their seats and followed the captain. They ran deeper into the castle.