Chapter 18

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

There were sounds of enthusiasm from the deck and Jeongin descended enthusiastically down the stairs which woke Taemin from sleeping in the hammock of the same enthusiastic figure who woke him from yet another dream about a prince from a distant kingdom. "Tae, tae, we are in Paekche," Jeongin said. "Why are you so excited?" Taemin asked rubbing his eyes. "Because we haven't been to Korea in almost a month."

 

"It has been that long?" "How long do you think we've been in China? Then in Taiwan let's not talk about Japan and Jeju," Jeongin said watching his friend get down from the hammock. "It makes sense, but Jeju is considered Korea," Taemin noted. "Whatever."

 

The two got on board after Taemin got dressed and washed his face, careful about the cloth that still covered his hand. And up, on the deck, Yien approached them, "How's the hand?" He asked. "She's fine, leaning on her is a little painful but I can still fight," Taemin replied. "Will you come with us to the palace?" Jeongin asked, the day before while Taemin was sleeping the captains had announced who would enter the palace with them and who would stay on the ship or bring supplies, or rather steal it.

 

"No, I have a mission of my own," Tae said. After his rest, yesterday Key asked to speak to him and Taemin told him what he wanted to do, he or Bling-Bling did not object. "What task?" Yien and Jeongin were intrigued. "Get to the Silla, give something back to the prince," Tae said and the two were confused. "Wait, how will you get there? What does it mean?"

 

"You continue to Japan, but I continue on land to the Silla. I will meet you there, I talked to the captains, they are fine with my decision," Taemin explained. "Good luck Taemin," Yien told him. They shook hands.

 

"Sails up, and get ready to lower the anchor," Bling-Bling who was standing at the helm of the ship shouted. Key stood next to Taemin tapping on his back to get his attention. "Take it," he said, handing him a silver pendant. "What is it?" Taemin asked. "My sign of heroism," the captain replied. "Why are you giving it to me?"

 

In case you pass Gaya on the way to the Silla, show it to the king and he will let you stay there for a while, he's one of King Kim's stepbrothers," Key explained to him. “Does their whole family know you?” "When you get there you will get all the answers. And about a horse, sneak into the stables of the palace, I don’t care if we steal a horse of the royal family," Key laughed, which made Taemin smile.

 

"And hey, we'll come to pick you up from Silla that we'll end our business in Japan, that's a promise." "Thank you, Captain, if only I had a way to get you back for your kindness," Taemin looked at Key. "You could get me back by taking care of yourself. Your safety is what matters to me." Taemin nodded.

 

"Anchor Down," Jonghyun shouted. A splashing sound was heard then a sound of something hitting the bottom. "Everyone come on board," Key shouted leaving Taemin and going to stand next to his partner. Slowly all the pirates stood on the deck looking at their captains. "The sun in the middle of the sky which means we will soon be out of the palace, Taeyong, your team is in charge of the supply, Suho, your team stays on the deck, any case of assault has permission to help other teams, and killing is desirable." At the end of his remarks, everyone got split into their team and was then released on their mission.

 

Key and Jonghyun walked together with eight other pirates towards the palace of the city of Puyo where the royal family that controls Paekche, or at least part of the ruling family, Taemin received another explanation on how Paekche's royal family works. Large family, the previous king of the Park has three children, the eldest daughter who has disappeared and only the family knows what happened to her, the middle son who is the recent King, Park Jinyong who rules Puyo, and the youngest son who rules Kongju, Sungjin is the son of the former King's daughter, whom Taemin met, and Jaeyoung, whom Taemin also saw, is the son of the youngest son, the king who rules in Kongju.

 

The city was large and crowded with trade and arts, people did not seem to care about the group that passed by. When they got to the palace they passed the guards who let them pass after seeing Yien with them, they did not ask questions just let them through. At one point, Taemin disappeared from the group without being noticed. The Pirates of the Shining Devil walked over toward the large doors of the palace entrance. Yien stood upright taking them inside to the great hall where the king sat on his glorious throne.

 

"Your Majesty, you have guests." The voice of one of the guards was heard. "I have not invited anyone," the king replied. "Yien is with them, sir..." The doors to the hall opened and Key's smiling face appeared, "Park," he said and stepped into the hall, "it was a long time, I did not think you would send a message to save your prince," the captain continued as he got closer to the front of the hall to stand in front of the king, his pirates behind him. "I have not written any such statement," the king said in his angry and sullen voice.

 

"But there is the royal signature here," Bling-Bling said, taking out of his cloak a letter passed by many sailors and pirates of various kinds. "So we returned him." The king looked at them and then, "Call the crown prince," he shouted. There was tension in the air but no one in the room was surprised by the order. "My plan was clear..." "But its time has not come yet, Your Highness," Key cut him in the middle of his remarks, which made the royalty even more irritated. "I'm pretty sure its time was supposed to come in a few years, three years if I'm not mistaken." The king was surprised by the pirate's words.

 

"You wanted them to kidnap the crown prince's substitute," Key began to explain, which made the king rise from his chair aloud. "I did not finish," Key said casually, "I know Yien is not the real crown prince but his substitute to keep him safe until he’ll come of age to rule. so the substitute was kidnapped by Wang, I would say it happened earlier than expected.” It was noticeable that the king tried to restrain himself and not attack the pirate in front of him. "And even if it happened early you wouldn’t have done anything because money is not worth saving a simple servant, and believe me this plan is just ingenious, now that the substitute is not in the picture you can show your kingdom that the prince is fine, but we got a message about rescuing the prince and that's what we did, we returned your servent back so your plan goes on for a few more years, Park, Jin, Young." Just when he had finished speaking, the doors opened and three people entered the room, they were young and handsomely dressed, the three royalty.

 

It was easy to understand who the crown prince was because he was standing right in front of his brother. When the three of them saw who had arrived with the new guests, one could see the relief on their faces. They bowed to their father, which the pirates did not do. "You called me?" The crown prince asked. "Did you send a message to save the servant?" The king shouted the question at his son, but the boy did not seem frightened, and only answered, "Yes," simply and calmly. "And why so?" The king was already red from the anger that had burned in him.

 

"Your plan could have waited a few more years," the prince replied, "did you really think I didn’t know? Yien and I have been talking for years about what will happen when I reach the age of coronation, he is my best friend, my only one, I am behind the scenes, guiding him, he knows my difficulties and I know his, I learn while I stand aside, imprisoned, waiting for the day when I will rule."

 

"It's for your own good," his father said. "It is not, but you are the ruler so I do what you ask of me but at least do not take away my best friend so that the kingdom understands who the real heir is." In these words, the prince looked at his friend and then turned and walked away. " Park Jin-Young junior," his father exclaimed but his son did not look back. Yien left the pirate group and went after the prince without any guard doing anything to catch him.

 

"I still do not understand why you called him after yourself," Jonghyun said, making his group grin. "Guards," the king shouted, the two royalty being taken to their room while the guards took out their swords and aimed them at the gang of pirates. "Can we go?" Key asked. "Get out of here, if I find out that you step within my kingdom, I will not have mercy on you," the King said. The guards who blocked their way lowered their swords and gave room for the pirates to go. "By the way," Jonghyun said after everyone had already left the hall, and he was only one foot out, he turned to look at the king, "one of your horses is gone."

 

A cry of rage was heard from the king though the pirate had already left the hall whose doors were closed, then a sound of a broken object was heard and giggles of the pirates were heard throughout the corridors.