Chapter 5

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

The prince walked into the hall, his personal assistant behind him, the two went to stand by the king's chair, which seemed to have been awakened from bored expression, when his son entered the hall and the party could really begin.

 

The king got up and the music stopped again, this time Taemin, like everyone else, looked at the small stage where the king was standing and opened his arms, "Welcome," he said with a big smile. All the guests applauded. "I'm glad to see everyone here, who came in honor of my son's 20th birthday," the king giggled and everyone along with him. Taemin wanted to vomit.

 

Choi Siwon, The king of Silla, the third generation of the monarchy in a kingdom established in southeastern Korea, his wife Choi Sooyoung, and their son Choi Minho. According to the citizens, the king was a stubborn man, his wife was always silent and the prince, the prince, like his mother, no one knew what was going on behind the big beautiful brown orbs.

 

"Enjoy this evening. Eat, dance, and hope that my son finds one of the beautiful guests who came tonight that will be the lucky girl to marry him, eventually." Another wave of giggles passed in the hall, which caused Taemin that his urge to vomit came not only from the fruit he had eaten before.

 

A group of girls approached the prince and bowed before him and before the king. The king just pushed his son to talk to them and dance. Taemin circled the hall to get a better view of the prince. He did not believe he was going to do it. He was the only person in the room who did not have a fake disgusting smile of rich people on his face. 

 

Taemin stood by a curtain that was closed and without thinking he moved it aside and saw a large garden lit by torches, "wow" he murmured to himself, then he felt a hand grip his elbow which made him turn around and leave the curtain that covered the big window back. It was none other than the prince himself. Taemin just looked at him, and time felt to be stopped around them like they were the only ones in the room. What is this feeling?

 

"Do you mind dancing with me?" The prince asked Taemin after what felt like an eternity of looking at each other. Taemin said nothing and was dragged to the dance floor. Why would the prince choose to dance with him? There are so many beautiful girls in the room.

 

The prince put a hand on the pirate's waist and held his other hand while Taemin put his free hand on the other's shoulder. Minho led the steps and Tae tried to keep up. "Do not ask questions," the prince looked aside at the girls who looked at them with thirsty looks of desire to dance with the prince as well. Minho looked back at the pirate with whom he was dancing. That is the girl with whom he is dancing.

 

"Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked. Taemin shook his head. He could not tell him that he was the one who stopped the royal carriage to get a helpless dog who did nothing to anyone and he is a living creature that should live, no, it would be rude and make the prince suspect him. "Are you sure? I think we met before," Taemin continued to say nothing.

 

"Why did you decide to dance with me if there are other girls who would be more than happy to dance with you than me?" He asked the prince, not exactly thinking about what exactly he had said.

 

"I don’t know," the prince shrugged. Taemin without noticing the prince's next dance step accidentally stepped on him. "Sorry," he said and then mentally beat himself up and thought how much he did not regret stepping on him even if it was by mistake.

 

"You're not that of a good dancer," Minho said. "You're that good either," Taemin replied.

 

"You're cheeky, did you know?" It felt like the prince was about to stop dancing but it did not happen. "Yes," the pirate answered simply and stepped on his foot again, this time on purpose. The prince choked with pain but tried not to show it and kept dancing as if nothing had happened.

 

"You're different from the other girls," the prince said, scanning the girl's face in front of him, he was pretty sure he had seen her before. "Are you trying to flirt?" Taemin asked trying to step on the prince's foot again but the other noticed and moved his leg while causing Taemin to stumble. Which caused the prince to grab him and turn him so that he would not look as if he had stumbled. "No, but you're trying to annoy me," he whispered in his ear as they straightened up. "I'm not," Taemin said.

 

During the spinning, he managed to scan more areas in the hall which gave him a field of vision for a hidden door that someone had just come out of, revealing what he was looking for, now he needs to find a way to get there.

 

"It looks like that," the prince continued talking to him. Taemin suddenly felt everyone's eyes on them. After the spin, more people noticed that the prince was dancing with someone, could hear the king's palms clap in delight.

 

A plan, Taemin needs a plan to get to the room behind the curtain. Minho noticed that Taemin was starting to not continue their conversation. He stopped his steps making Taemin not understand what was going on until he was dragged somewhere. Eventually, he found himself in the room he needed to get to, but the prince was with him there. "Why are we here?" The pirate asked the royalty. "There are no eyes staring at us," the prince replied still holding Taemin’s hand, who scanned the room quickly so the prince would not notice. What he was looking for was behind the prince on the wall, "What do you want?" He asked as he looked back at the prince. "You do not appreciate that I want to be alone with you?" A flirtatious smile came over the prince's face. “I have a feeling that it’s not it," Taemin read the prince like an open book. "Okay, it's not it," the prince replied. "So what is it?" Taemin asked.

 

"You do not have to cooperate with me if you do not feel like it, but I'm trying to get my dad to leave me alone about marriage." Minho left his hand when he noticed he was still holding it. "Why did you choose me?" it made Taemin curious. "You look different to me, you did not look in my direction or look interested, you looked out the window, you did not look like you wanted to be here, I'm sorry I drew too much attention to you, but at least we're in a place we do not want to be anymore if I’m not wrong about you." it impressed the pirate, what the prince had just told him and how he had managed to read him. "So you let me go?" Why did this question feel strange after saying it out loud? "If you want," the prince replied.

 

Taemin suddenly remembered why he was at the party at all, he looked at the object behind the prince, how would he get there? "There's a door there," the prince pointed behind Taemin where there was another door, another door in the strange little room. "It's a transition room between different areas in the castle. If you get out of there you can walk straight until you get to the door out of the hall. I’m pretty sure the guard won’t notice you,” Minho explained, making him think differently about the person in front of him. "I'll be leaving from here," Minho pointed to the door to the hall. "Why are you helping me? Why are you telling me all this?" Taemin becomes a little less tense than before, softening to the prince. "I don’t know, I feel like this is the right thing to do, I hope to see you again," he took Taemin's hand, kissed her, and went out through one of the doors leaving him alone in the room.

 

Taemin looked at the key in front of him that was hanging on the wall with other keys, he felt almost bad that he was going to steal it. But that was his mission.

 

The pirate took the key from the wall, hid it in the pocket of his dress, and walked in the way the prince explained to him. He reached the entrance to the hall. No one noticed him. He quickly snatched up his robe and took off to the streets of Kyongju.

 

He felt his heart pounding in his chest. Maybe from running? Some kind of pressure? Maybe from something completely different or even because of someone?