Chapter 8

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

"You have nowhere to run," the prince shouted at the pirate behind the flames.

 

Tae did not answer. He did not want to speak in case the prince recognize his voice. Suddenly he smiled. None of the soldiers or the prince saw his smile so he took off his mask, the fire’s light revealing his smile, but thanks to the hood on his head they did not see his full face. He saw some soldiers who were not surprised by the pirate's sudden smile, but Taemin smiled because he knew, there is a fire in his position, if there is fire, his crew will come.

 

Tae raised his sword, which made everyone see the blood on her. The blood of the dead guard lying in the flames is burning and already lacking any life. At that moment there was the sound of footsteps from the stairs and the light of a torch shining. At first, the soldiers thought reinforcements had arrived, but reinforcements were not for them, but for the pirate behind the flames who smiled a bigger smile than startled the soldiers but did not startle the prince.

 

Six pirates appeared with drawn swords. Then, a battle began. The guards were surprised but came out of the shock and took out their weapons to fight the invaders. The group of guards attacked the pirates and turned around. Most of them were clumsy, which gave the pirates an advantage to get to the yard without a problem. The prince did not move his gaze from the pirate behind the flames who was looking back at him. Minho sent a soldier to the cellars to see what was taken. Suddenly a thought appeared in Tae’s mind, 'The prince looks pretty y under the light of the flames.' He shook his head and went back to looking at the prince. His smile was gone.

 

Tae was not afraid of the fire, he approached her, and what surprised him was the look on the prince's face in front of him and what he said, "What are you doing?" He shouted. ‘Why does the prince care so much?’ He saw fear in the prince's eyes. Fire. The prince is afraid of fire. Taemin took a few steps back, as much as he could, and took a swing. He ran towards the fire and jumped over it. The prince and the guards were not close to the fire so Tae had an advantage, while jumping the hood fell from Taemin’s head, exposing his face, and his hair scattered around his face.

 

Minho was in shock, "it’s you," he said.

 

"Yes," Taemin replied, "it’s me," his voice was a little lower than the same voice he used at the party. Not much because his voice was gentle and high, unlike most men. "You're the one who stole the key," Minho frowned angrily and pulled his sword out of its sheath.

 

"Don’t trust pirates," Taemin said and the metallic sound of their swords was heard. Minho attacked Taemin. The prince had an advantage of height and strength. He pushed the pirate in the direction of the fire. With each blow, another step towards the flames. But Taemin, who used his agility, avoided the blow of the metal and turned so that the prince stood in front of the flames. Taemin’s sword is on his back. "Why did you help me at the party?" Taemin asked, "Why did you bring me to this particular room?" Taemin asked but did not wait for an answer, "You are afraid of fire, aren't you? Your Majesty," Tae did not get an answer, "so I thought."

 

Taemin felt something in his heart as the prince turned as if he knew the pirate in front of him would not kill him. Minho looked at the battle over how the pirates were trying not to kill any soldier even if they really wanted to. He looked back at the young pirate in front of him.

 

The same pirate who disguised himself as a girl to get a ing key that for some reason was important to his father. The same boy who looked different to him because he stood with his back to the battle and looked at him, only at him. 

 

"We're here on a rescue mission, your majesty." Taemin did not attack him, but Minho felt an urge to attack, he raised his sword which caused the two swords to collide again. "I do not want to kill you," Taemin said. Minho did not speak, sweat covered his forehead and his hair was wild and everywhere. "But I'm still fighting," Taemin said, attacking back, an attack that Minho had managed to block. They looked into each other's eyes. "I'm not who everybody thinks I am," Minho said in a strained voice, keeping the two swords up touching each other. 

 

"I do not want to be like my father," he continues, his expression changing. Taemin was confused. "I helped you get out of the palace because it's who I am. I do not want to make anyone get stuck where they do not want to be. I was born to royalty like you were born to live in the sea," Minho dropped his power on his sword but Taemin still remained ready for anything. "Say, the dog you rescued on Main Street," "How ..." "He's fine right?" Taemin nodded, also lowering the power on his sword and lowering it completely, and so did the prince.

 

"I care about people. I do not know who you took, but that was your mission," the prince continued. He feels sorry for him, he does not fight him. "But why did care so much," Taemin did not mean that his voice came out that way. "Have you ever been told you were rude?" The prince asked not taking his eyes off the young pirate. "Yeah, now," the pirate replied. It made Minho giggle.

 

Taemin was getting conflicted, he noticed how close they were, their faces were so close to each other that you could feel their heavy breathing. Taemin looked at the prince's lips and thoughts flooded his head. He looked back at the prince, scanning his face and noticing his big, round eyes that kept looking at him.

 

"Taemin!" he suddenly heard a voice. It was Key who came back in with the bunch of pirates running towards the exit. "Your group has retreated," the prince said. "I know," Taemin smiled for a change. "You know that one day my father will decide to hang each and every one of you," the prince reminded him. "We'll see about that later." Minho watched the pirate turn in the direction of the wanted pirates. "We will meet again," Taemin shouted at him after turning his head one last time to see the prince smiling in his direction. A group of guards suddenly arrived and Minho signaled them not to chase the pirates, instructing them to put out the fire and fix what was destroyed.

 

 

 

After a while, the king appeared. "These pirates, one day I'll catch them and hang them one by one!" It made Minho smile for some reason. "Who was this pirate behind the firewall?" His father asked. "I do not know but I heard he has a name..." Minho said, Taemin.