Chapter 20

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

It took Taemin three days to reach the crossing between Gaya and Paekche, three days of riding in the unending forest. And there at the end of the forest was the wide path. On the way to the same path he saw no one, the forests were empty of man, or rather, where Taemin was there was no trace of anyone. He decided to find a path that would lead him to Kimhae, now that he found the border.

 

A small village was located at the end of the road he chose to walk. The village was located in an area surrounded by a large field with many sheep and cattle. The pirate decided to stay in the tavern for the night and eat at the place because he was running out of supplies. After tying his horse outside, he booked a room in the pub and even sat down to eat, the money would be enough for him for all this, hopefully.

 

The place where he sat, was close to the table rounded by four men with travel clothes, on their chairs leaned arches and arrows. Due to the wine they drank, their voices were loud so he could hear their conversation.

 

"Did you hear?-Hick. All this time we'd heard that Paekche's prince was gone, it was not true at all, he was-Hick, in this palace all this time," the man wearing a red journey suit said. In his hand, he spins his glass almost splashes the wine all over. The other men around the table rolled their eyes and kept talking. "Not to mention that Silla has increased her defenses around the palace, from what I have heard, there is a new pirate in the city that the king wants to capture, everyone calls him The Fire Dancer, a strange name if you ask me," another man said, thick eyebrows and dirty clothes from mud, his voice was rough And unpleasant to the ear. "I heard King Park's horse was stolen," another man in red said but his hair was shorter than the other's, and a mustache popped under his nose.

 

Taemin listened to the gossip and realized he would have to be careful when he got to Kyong-Ju. "As for the Silla," the fourth man said, his appearance would have looked cleaner than the other three's, he would have looked even more well-groomed and his voice more subtle, Taemin listening very carefully to what the man had to say. "I heard the prince found someone, but no one knows who she is..." "Do not talk nonsense." The man with the rough voice said and the other men agreed with him. "If so then someone would have seen her, and if you heard it, it was probably because of the ball that was at the prince's birthday, but even if she was there, it happened so long ago if he really had someone, they would have been already married," the mustachioed man said. Taemin, when he heard these things, he had some urge to get to Silla as soon as possible.

 

"He was spotted with a traditional engagement bracelet," the well-dressed man said, noting another fact. Taemin accidentally dropped the spoon he was holding in his hand which made the four men look at him but he just pretended not to notice them. The four-man got back to their affairs ignoring the clumsy pirate next to them. Taemin decided to finish eating and asked the owner of the place to show him his room while trying to get him to prepare a supply for his trip but due to the amount of money he had, he could not afford to take the supply he requested. He's going to have to sneak into the kitchen early in the morning and steal something.

 

Very early in the morning, when the sounds of the animals began to be heard, Taemin also got out of bed and hurried to get out. The pirate went to the empty kitchen and looked for what he could take with him for the long day that was ahead of him. And, of course, he saw a sack with many apples. He stole a number of apples and tucked them in his bag. Taemin let his horse eat two apples which gave the animal a burst of energy, and set off.

 

"What do you think, Sagwa?" "What do you mean by what?" “About everyone who thinks he was engaged because of the bracelet while the other bracelet is with me, and no, that does not mean we are engaged," Taemin spoke to his horse, who didn’t really answer his questions. The ride was direct, maybe one break to fill up with water and drink water and then continue straight to the city he had already expected to reach. The path to the city was convenient, many trees were on the sides so it was not possible to see for a long distance when looking to both sides.

 

Eventually, they arrived in Gaya's capital city, it was big, not like Kyong-Ju in the Silla or Puyo in Paekche, but it was as impressive as they were. The people in the town reminded him of the citizens of Jeju, happy, they looked so relaxed and the atmosphere was nice and welcoming. Taemin got off his horse and led them to the city center where the palace of the ruler of the kingdom stayed with his family. On the way, he saw a family where the two parents were holding their children together each holding the child's small hands, on their wrists were engagement bracelets in red and blue, the design was different from Tae's bracelet. He hid the bracelet under his sleeve and kept going.

 

When he reached the entrance to the palace or rather the main gate to the gardens that were in front of the building itself, two very tall guards stood and stopped him. "Sorry?" He asked one. Taemin held in one hand his sword and in the other the reins of his horse. On the pirate’s back was his almost empty bag in which rested the patch of heroism given to him by Key. "What?" One of the guards asked. "I'm here to meet the king, where can I put my horse?" The guard scanned him with his eyes up and down and let out a laugh. Tae knew he looked terrible but the man did not have to laugh at him because of his appearance. "You? Want to come in to see the King?" The guard's tone was mocking, the other guard grinning at him. Tae rolled his eyes and lowered his bag from his back, taking out his captain's badge with the Kim family's family design.

 

He showed the guards the patch and they both stopped laughing at once. They had nothing to say to him so Taemin took the opportunity and entered through the gates, which wasn’t locked, into the palace area. Before closing the door behind him he asked, "Where is the stable?" One of the guards answered him hesitantly, "to the right." Tae then closed the gate behind him tightly. The stables were as big as in the palace in Puyo, the glorious royal horses were resting there. The pirate took his horse and tied him near one of the cells because they were all full. He took the remaining apples out of his bag and gave them to Sagwa who happily ate them. "You have water here and when I am inside I will ask them to take care of you," he told his horse while him, Sagwa rubbed his snout on Taemin's cheek affectionately.

 

Apparently, the two guards sent a messenger because when he came to walk out he was met with someone who came in front of him and said, "Come after sir, I need to know who you are and where you came from, entering the palace grounds  like this with only a badge of heroism..." The servant began to explain but Taemin cut him off, "I'm one of the pirates from The Shining Devil. My captain told me they would host me here if I’ll need to, so I came." "Well, if you're here on Kim Kibum's mission, come after me, the royal family will be happy to receive you," the servant said and left, Taemin hurried to follow him not forgetting to take his things with him, including his bag and sword.