Chapter 28

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

 

 

"You look like father," Taemin said after scanning the servant's face closely. "And you look very much like mother," the other said calmly.

 

Taemin wanted to cry. He felt tears well up in the corner of his eye. "I never..." he began to say but Jinki finished his question, "you didn't think you had a big brother?" Jinki nodded. "Now that we're here, I can tell you everything, if you want, of course."

 

Tae nodded, he wanted to know what had happened to his family. "You probably know where mom came from, and how dad and mom knew each other," Jinki began. "I was born in Osaka the capital of Kansal. I was raised there. After they got married and father helped with the problems of the place and after they no longer needed his help he decided to go back to Korea, I was five when we came back, on the way we found out mom was pregnant with you." Jinki recounted. "Our family has territories in northern Silla, that's how he helped Kansal at the time. You grew up there for the first years of your life, but you probably do not remember. Dad said those territories would pass to me. King Choi wanted them."

 

"But how did it come about that we never met? Mom died five years ago, and Dad..." Jinki did not let him finish his words again and explained. "When you were born dad and I always helped mom but dad decided it was time to go back to work, with the money we got we could improve the territories, he took me to be a deck boy when I was so young. We came to visit of course but you were still too young to remember me. For you, I was just dad's deck boy. I felt that our parents separated us, mom also moved to the city because she needed help because she started to get sick."

 

"On your first visits on board, I stayed with mom at home, you look very similar to her," Jinki added, "but your character is like dad's, the sea is your home, in contrast, I did not like to travel, even after all the time I spent with dad. The time I spent with mom was the time I loved the most." The older man smiled at the beautiful memories of that time. "After mom died, I could not believe dad left you in the Silla, in Gyong-Ju, it was probably because you reminded him very much of mom. Our travels were harder, many storms but also a storm of emotions on dad's part because the pain was so fresh..." The guard took a deep breath and kept talking. "You do not know how many times I got sick when I was on board. "

 

"Jinki Hyung never comes with me on my travels when I have to go out to sea," Minho added. Jinki nodded and then continued his story, "Then came the story with the storm, I remember almost nothing because everything happened so fast, in a frenzy, the sailors fought the waves, the mast cracked and everyone saw ships coming from afar but the last thing I remember is dad shouting and then I lost consciousness. When I woke up, I was back in Silla."

 

"Then you started training," Minho added. "I thought they would kill me, but they needed me," Jinki explained. "Because of dad's territories," Taemin said.

 

"Exactly, dad is gone and these territories have become my property, the king threatened me, of course, I was mature enough to understand the meaning of the matter with the funds and control of the territory, I could not risk anything and the Silla that year was not in good condition, so he let me stay as Minho's guard and did not kill me in return he got forty percent on the division of my land. "

 

"He wanted more," Minho added, "but the final compromise was a little less than half, the areas were large and very wide so it paid off enough for him to get such a percentage of control over them." "Many people know you're a pirate's son?" Taemin asked. "No, in the palace I have another name, Onew, the king did not want people to know I was the son of the Blue Sword." "Dad has such a cool name," Taemin said thinking of the name he'd come across a few times.

 

"The king of Kansal gave him that name, the royal house is very nice and his daughter is supposed to reign now," Jinki explained. "Dad did a lot of things." "He certainly did."

 

"On the way here I stopped at Kimhae, and I met King Kim. He recognized my sword, dad's sword." The same sword lay in the room at the prince's desk. Jinki noticed it. "Where did you get it from?" Taemin took a deep breath. He knew his story would startle his brother. "Dad himself was taken by King Choi that stormy day, he was taken to the dungeon but before they caught him he managed to send a paper with his will written on it, it reached the Shining Devil. We saved him. I even got to talk to him. But he did not mention you, he probably thought you did not survive," Taemin explained. He saw a spark in Jinki's eye. "I'm sorry. "

 

"It's okay. He should have been freed from his misery after mom died." They talked more. Taemin told his brother about what he went through after leaving the Son family’s home. Taemin learned that Jinki was in contact with Naeun, that they had seen each other several times and talked about him and that she had known about them being brothers for some time. Minho knew the story, but he knew even more because he knew that the father of the two was in the dungeon, he said he convinced his father not to kill the Blue Sword, at least not yet, and saved him time. The story made Taemin look at the prince differently, in a good way.