Chapter 8

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo is tired— no, she’s damn exhausted. She has practice every day with the varsity team and also with the dance crew. It’s been like this for two weeks now but today seems like a lot more tiring and she doesn’t know why. All she wants right now is to rest on her fluffy bed and just rest for like forever.

But it seems like fate hates her as she sees a running hamster towards her, “Hi!” Sana greeted with a huge smile on her lips.

But Momo doesn’t have the same energy to actually be all jumpy like the other girl so she just greeted her with a short nod. And Sana, seeing the cold response of the older saddens her a bit. It’s not what she has expected to get in return after greeting the older girl.

So, seeing the forlorn look of Momo, Sana wanted to cheer the other girl, “You know, I saw Jeongyeon slipping at the stairs earlier. I even snapped some photos.” She started with a small chuckle, “Look, she looks really funny, right?” She tried looking for the photos before showing it to the other girl.

She pouted before putting her phone back in her pocket, “Ah, I heard Chaeyoung asked Mina for a date this weekend.” She looked at her side, watching the expressions of the older Japanese, “Uhm, you know, I wanted to go to this place. I never got the chance to go there because well, I’m not allowed to because of my condi—”

“Stop it, Sana.”

Sana never expected hearing it from Momo. The harsh and cold tone coming from Momo as something Sana never thought of hearing. Yes, Momo is cold but she’s also a sweet girl, so hearing such coming from the other girl hurts her.

Momo looked at her, “Just shut it, okay?” Momo sighed before running her fingers through her hair, “I’m tired. I just want to go home and rest, so please. Please, just leave me alone.” Her frustration is clouding her mind, so she just talked without really thinking.

Sana was taken aback to say the least, she hates the cold feeling swarming in her chest but she smiled. She smiled at the other Japanese before nodding softly, “Alright, I’m sorry.” She steps back, her hands gripping the hem of her shirt, “I understand. Take care on your way home, then.”

Momo just watched the other girl walk away, not sensing that she had hurt the other girl. But seeing the slump back of the younger while walking away from her made her feel guilty.

Momo is prideful, so instead of just following the other girl and apologize for talking in such way she started walking towards the opposite direction away from Sana.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Momo asked the moment she stepped inside of her unit.

Her friends are all sitting on her huge couch in the living room watching God knows what, definitely feeling at home.

Jihyo was the first one to notice her, “Hey, welcome back.” She greeted before looking at the huge screen again, “Did you send Sana home safe?”

“I didn’t send her home.” She answered before walking towards her kitchen to grab a glass of water.

Her friends looked her with mouths ajar and eyes widening, “You didn’t?” Jeongyeon asked, a piece of popcorn slipping out of . Gross.

“Yeah, why would I?” She asked in return after drinking.

Jihyo stood up and walk towards Momo before hitting the Japanese hard, “Oh my god, I can’t believe I’m friends with you.” Jihyo muttered.

“What the ?” Momo glared at her best friend who hit the hell out of her while rubbing her shoulder.

Chaeyoung also walk towards the dense Japanese, “Yeah, what the .” She pinch the older’s ear, “She waited for you for three damn hours and you didn’t even bother sending her home?” Chaeyoung hissed.

“Ouch!” Momo pulled her ear away from her two glaring friends, “She did what?” And now, Momo definitely feels guilty and also regretting what she did to the other girl.

“Gosh, she even turned down our offer of sending her home after Mina and Nayeon left because she wanted to go home with you.” Dahyun shakes her head in disappointment.

They know how cold Momo is but they didn’t think that she can actually be this dumb.

“You let the poor girl go home alone?” Jihyo asked, “Damn Hirai. Now call her and ask if she went home safe.”

“No.” Momo shakes her head, “I can’t.” Because guilt is killing her.

Jihyo just let out a sigh in defeat before grabbing her phone to message the orange haired Japanese. She can’t expect her best friend to do what she asked after rejecting her first hand.

 

I did, Ji. Thank you for asking. Anyway, are you with Momo? Is she alright?

“Wow, she’s even asking how you were even when you left her.” Jihyo said after reading Sana’s message, “Stupid Hirai.”

“I’m leaving, guys.” Jeongyeon said before glaring at her Japanese best friend, “And Momo, you’re my best friend but what you did tonight isn’t cool. Not cool, man.” She added before closing the door.

“Just apologized. We all know how kind Sana is.” Chaeyoung tapped her shoulder, “Rest for now and think of ways on how to apologize to your girlfriend.”

“We’re just pretending.”

The youngest of them shrugged, “I hope you realize it sooner, Mo.” Chaeyoung smiled, “Before it’s too late.”

 

The following days weren’t what Momo has expected. She was hoping to see the other Japanese but she can’t have a glimpse of Sana’s orange hair.

Is she ignoring me?

“Hirai! Focus!” She looked at their team captain who is also her best friend, “She’s just in the council room!” Jeongyeon shouted from the other side of the court earning a series of whistles and teasing from their teammates.

“Shut up, Yoo!” She yelled in return before receiving the ball served by her laughing best friend.

They are currently having their training with the varsity team. And Momo instead of focusing in their training has her mind with her girlfriend— her pretend girlfriend, who she still haven’t seen for the last three days.

“And I told you to focus!” Jeongyeon rushed to her best friend’s side who got hit by the ball that one of their teammates spiked, “Can you stop thinking about Sana for like a few minutes? Promise, I’m ending the training soon.”

“I’m not thinking about her.” Momo throw a glare at her best friend while rubbing the sore spot on her head.

Jeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter