Chapter 23

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do I have to let you go now?” Momo asked, as tears filled her eyes.

It is painful, so much more than she expected that she was instantly filled with sadness. She just wasn’t sure it’s because she had to let her go or because she couldn’t.

“This is hard, baby. So please, please let me let you go in pieces.” Momo sobbed, as she stares at the night sky, the same sky that watched her love the woman she hopes to have forever, “Please, one piece at a time, Sana. It hurts a little less that way, baby.”

She wasn’t sure if Sana could hear her, after all, Sana is a little far away now.

They maybe didn’t spend a really long time together, but every moment she gets to spend with Sana made her feel like she knows her whole life.

Momo looked down as tears continues to fall, “I’ll move on, I swear baby, just─not now, not yet.” She couldn’t stop herself from crying harder, “I still feel you here, so just let me be for now, hmm?”

It’s been three months, three months of hell, of tears, of heartbreak, of sadness, of longing, and broken promises.

Sana lost the battle.

It was painful. A whole lot painful, especially to the ones closer to her.

Especially to Momo who wanted to spend forever with her.

But every single one of them knew how much Sana tried to fight harder.

She woke up a week after that day.

She fought because she wanted to spend a little bit more time with her loved ones.

Sana was happy when she saw how Momo got closer to her parents, to her friends.  

Sana was just glad she gets to say how grateful she for Mina and Nayeon’s presence in her life.

Sana was just grateful she gets to apologize and thank her parents for being the best they could be.

Sana was just happy when she still has the chance to made Momo feel her love.

It wasn’t sudden.

Losing Sana.

It was gradual.

They saw how Sana went from the shining sunflower that she was to the wilting flower she became.

It was sad, painful watching her to try to be strong in front of them when everyone is aware of how hard it is for her.

She was laughing with them and then the next second, she’s gasping for air.

It happens a lot of times that it scares them when Sana would just stop for a second to catch a breath.

Everyone is aware of how much they deny the possibility of losing Sana.

They weren’t ready.

They are not ready.

They aren’t, but they don’t any choice.

Sana knew her time would be cut short sooner, so she asked her best friends to organize a small party for everyone.

Mina and Nayeon are both aware of what’s running inside Sana’s mind, so with a heavy heart they did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter