Chapter 18

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, what are we going to do now?" Jihyo looked at her friends as they continue putting down their things from the van.

Jeongyeon shrugged, “Should we prepare lunch first? I’m starving.” She says as she watches Jihyo unlocked the door of their rented vacation house.

Once the door opens, they immediately helped each other bring their things inside. It’s not that big of a place with just one huge room, two restrooms, a kitchen, a dining area, a huge enough common room for them, and a rooftop. The thing they were really excited to see is the beach front just right ahead of the rented place.

“Who’s going to cook?” The moment Nayeon asked that they all looked at Jeongyeon and Momo as if expecting them to volunteer.

With that, Momo immediately shakes her head, “Definitely not me.”

“I can help!” Sana beamed, raising her hand as she looks at her friends, “I’m not a good cook, but I can assist you.”

Nayeon and Mina immediately shook their heads, definitely disagreeing on Sana. It’s not a secret that Sana is a clumsy individual that’s why they are scared of her going to the kitchen and have a hold of the dangerous stuffs in there.

Momo raised an eyebrow at that because she remembered how delicious the pasta Sana cooked for her, so she doesn’t understand why the two council members are against the idea of Sana inside the kitchen.

“No, remember when you tried cooking pancakes? Damn girl, who would put salt on it?” Nayeon started as she Sana trying to persuade them with her puppy eyes, “And when you sliced the freaking apple? Girl, I thought you would lose a finger. So, nope.”

Sana pouted at that, “But I’m better now, I promise! I even cooked pasta for Momo once!”

Everyone looked at the confused dancer waiting for her to explain, “What?” She asked, earning a raised eyebrow from Jihyo and Nayeon, “Fine, yeah she did once. And it was alright.”

“Did she get hurt?”

Momo nodded, “Well yeah, while cutting the avocados.”

Mina and Nayeon looked at each other before looking at their best friend, “No, Sana.”

Sana pouted and slump her shoulders on her seat dejectedly. She just wants to help but her clumsiness will really stop her from doing things she wants to.

“You can just help us set the barbecue at the shore later, Sana.” Chaeyoung says, “But for now, let’s put our things inside the room.”

They all agreed at that and put their things inside the huge room everyone would be occupying for the rest of their stay there. They arranged themselves on which bed they want to sleep. There are five beds in total inside the room; 2 twin size beds and 3 queen size.

Jihyo and Dahyun immediately called dibs on the two twin size beds. Mina and Nayeon on the one queen size bed near the door; Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung on the other just right in front of the two council members; and just as they planned, Momo and Sana on the last available queen size bed.

They don’t have much choice anyways, so they both set aside their awkwardness for the meantime and just fix their things.

After settling their things down, Jeongyeon and a forced Jihyo started preparing their lunch. They decided to just prepare something easy yet good. The rest are just hanging around in the common area and is watching some movies.

Once they are done eating their lunch, they all decided to take a nap as they all woke up really early this morning and most of them are still tired from the past days with their finals.

Jihyo and Dahyun immediately fell asleep as soon as their backs hit their mattress, same with Mina and Nayeon while Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are both doing something on their phones. Momo, however, couldn’t fall asleep knowing that the girl that’s the cause of her heartache and stress this past few weeks is just peacefully sleeping beside her.

Sana has her back against the dancer, wishing that she could just turn around and tuck her head safely into the crook of Momo’s neck until she fell asleep. God knows how much she wanted to hug the other woman but a lot of what ifs are still running through her mind.

She slightly opens her eyes when she felt Momo sitting up on the bed.

Please, don’t leave.

Don’t.

She couldn’t help but release a sigh of relief silently when Momo lie down again. She wants to feel Momo’s warmth even just being beside each other. She can fall asleep by just hearing Momo’s breathing.

It’s enough for now.

 

Sana woke up alone that afternoon. She took a few moments to gather her thoughts by staring at the plain white ceiling staring back at her. She checks her surroundings before sitting up.

“Oh, you’re awake.”

She turned her head towards the door where a head was peeking; a smiling Nayeon greeted her at the door, “Yeah, how long were you guys awake though?” She asked before standing up, brushing her head with her fingers.

Nayeon went in before closing the door, “An hour or so?” She says, grabbing her phone on her shared bed with Mina, “I was about to wake you up though. We’re starting to prepare for dinner.”

Sana nodded, “I’ll just wash up for a bit.”

The council president nodded before waving as she went out of the room. Once alone, Sana gathered her things before going inside the washroom to freshen up.

After quickly washing up, she decided to go out and help the others in whatever they are doing. She saw Mina and Chaeyoung carrying some table and chairs outside but ignored them. She doesn’t want Nayeon scolding her for doing things she shouldn’t be doing as frustrating as it may sound.

“Hey, help us bring these outside.” Sana turned around and faced Jihyo who’s reaching out a tray of meat.

Sana smiled before grabbing the tray, “Alright.” She says before making her way out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter