Chapter 21

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s wrong?” Nayeon asked the restless Sana, “You’ve been pacing there for last five minutes now.”

They were all settled on Mina’s living room, their favorite movie playing on the large TV screen in front of them but Sana stood up in the middle of it and started pacing on the side of the huge living room. She just kept on pressing and pressing on her phone then she would frown.

Mina stood up from her seat and held the vice president’s shoulder, making her still on her place, “Okay, tell us what’s wrong. You’re going to tire yourself, Satang.”

They heard Sana let out a sigh, “Momo’s not answering her phone.” She says, eyes not living the screen of her phone.

“Hey, maybe she’s not yet at home? She can’t use her phone while driving, you know.” Nayeon says trying her best to ease her best friend.

“No, she should be at home now.” Sana gulped, trying to get rid of any stupid thoughts running inside her mind, “It’s been a couple of hours since she dropped me off and it won’t even take half an hour for her to reach her place from here.”

“What if she fell asleep? You guys did a lot of things today. Maybe she’s just tired.” Mina smiles, before pulling the tense Sana on the couch, “Relax, Satang. She’ll call you later.”

Sana nodded forcing herself not to overthink too much. Maybe Mina is right and Momo’s just resting and forgot to inform if she got home safe. Maybe that’s it.

They are almost done with the movie when Nayeon’s phone rang. She looked at the caller and rolled her eyes. Mina and Sana both saw her reaction and both already who the caller is.

“Why is this ostrich calling me at this hour?” She mumbled before standing up to answer the call, “What is it?” She said as soon as she pressed the answer button.

She heard different noises from the other line making her frown, “Are you with Sana?”

She looked at her best friends who are still busy with the movie, “Yeah, why?”

“I don’t know how to say this to her so I’m telling you first, okay?” For some reason, Jeongyeon’s voice is far from the usual annoying and mischievous tone she uses, “Momo’s in the hospital.”

Nayeon couldn’t stop herself from gasping loudly which made the other two in the room looked at her. She tried to look at Sana before averting her gaze just as fast, “What happened?”

“She got into an accident on her way home.” Then she realized that that’s the reason why the usual goofy Yoo Jeongyeon sound so tired, “We still don’t know her condition but I don’t want to hide this to Sana. She should know.”

Nayeon nodded to no one, mind rushing with thousand thoughts, mostly worried for the hurt Japanese and for her best friend, “I’ll tell her.”

“Thank you, Nayeon.”

After the call ended, Nayeon gulped the lump forming in . Now, how will she break the news to her best friend? Without actually shocking her?

She slowly walked towards the couch and took a seat at the other side of Sana before grabbing the remote control to turn off the TV.

She turned to look at Mina, “Can you grab a glass of water, Mitang?” She says, using the tone she usually uses in the council as the president.

Even though confused, Mina nodded before making her way towards her kitchen to grab a glass of water. When she got back, Nayeon smiled at her gratefully before grabbing the glass from her.

Mina and Sana’s confusion heightened when Nayeon settled the glass on the coffee table before facing them. She then slowly clasped Sana’s hand into her own, rubbing circles on it, “I have to tell you something.” She says slowly before squeezing Sana’s hand, “But I need you to relax for me, okay?”

Sana nodded, “What is it? Is it bad?”

She averted her gaze to avoid the nervous eyes of the confused woman in front of her, “It’s about Momo.” Nayeon felt Sana tensing up and that’s not a good sign, “Hey, listen. We’re going to Momo now, okay? But I need you to calm down first.”

Despite the confusion and anxiousness, Sana nodded slowly, “Why though? What happened? She’s okay, right?” And even though, Sana willed herself to calm down, her chest started clenching.

Seeing the ragged breathing of Sana, Nayeon immediately handed her the glass of water, “Calm down, Satang, please. She’s okay.” Nayeon says even though she’s not even sure herself on how the other Japanese is doing right now but she hopes she’s really doing okay.

When Sana finally calmed down from her lowkey attack, Nayeon and Mina guided her towards the youngest’s car. Jeongyeon sent their location earlier to Nayeon and Mina will drive them there.

When they settled on the car with Nayeon and Sana on the back seat, the latter immediately cling to the oldest, “Can you tell me what happened?”

“I’m not really sure, Satang.” She answered,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter