Chapter 19

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence ensues between them as Momo waited for Sana to calm down and collect herself. They decided to stay out and just watch the stars and the moon reflect through the calm blue ahead of them.

Momo wanted to ask a lot of things, honestly, she has but she doesn’t know how to start or if it’s even appropriate to ask anything given what happened earlier. A lot of things happened in a span of 10 minutes and her head doesn’t know how to digest those revelations.

“You can ask me anything.”

She heard Sana speaking softly beside her, stopping her from her almost endless overthinking. Then, she felt Sana turning around to face her, as if observing her— her emotions, or just everything her face shows.

“I’ll be honest with my answer, I promise.” Sana smiled at her softly, the usual gaze the vice president gives her, “This time I’ll be honest.”

So, Momo sighed, gulping the forming lump in , “It’s okay if you don’t want to answer but I’m just worried about what Nayeon said. I know she’s drunk and maybe she’s just spitting nonsense or what but—”

Sana cut her off, “—everything she said is true. Every single thing of those, Momo.”

Momo realized she shouldn’t have asked. The confirmation coming from Sana hurt more than she thought.

Is it supposed to be this painful though?

Like her heart is being ripped out of her chest.

“What? But you,” She turned to face the younger Japanese, “You look healthy. You’re young and—and healthy, right? It can’t be. Maybe they were wrong.”

Momo questions how Sana can still smile at her, soft gaze still not leaving her brown orbs, “Momo, I’ve been fighting this disease since I was sixteen and I keep hearing the same thing over and over again.”

“You can’t be dying, Sana.” Momo stared at the woman beside her, her chest constricting at the thought of not having Sana with her, tears welling up in her eyes, “I—We can’t lose you.”

Hearing Momo’s voice cracked as she expresses herself gave Sana an unexplainable kind of pain, more than the attacks she gets. She couldn’t explain the feeling of hearing how vulnerable Momo sounds and looks at the moment. Sana never wishes to see it though, but now, she’s the reason why Momo look so broken.

She thought for a moment to just lie or not say anything at all.

But she promised.

She promised that she will tell everything with all honesty.

“You won’t lose me though.” Sana tried to smile, just to give a bit of comfort for the dancer, “Not now.” She whispers.

Momo stared at her, orbs gazing at her gently. Sana can see the various emotions circling inside the dancer through her eyes.

Worry.

Fear.

Confusion.

Frustration.

And love.

And so, Sana says the words that she has been longing to mutter.

“I love you.” She says, like a vow in the world full of chaos that could maybe bring peace, “I love you, Momo and I’m scared.” She says it like how she whispers her prayer to Him.

Sincere and hopeful.

The dancer’s eyes widens, not quite believing the words coming from the other. She has been longing to hear those words back. She was hoping. And now, she finally heard it.

“Why? What’s there to be scared?”

Sana stared at her, “A lot of things can happen, Momo.” Sana’s lips trembled, “I can die anytime. I can’t—I don’t want to die because it means leaving you. And I’m scared because I love you. So damn much.”

“It’s okay.” It’s not. Momo smiles, gentle and broken, “I just want to stay and just love you. I want you to feel how much you means to me because I love you.”

 

Sana woke up feeling warm and comfortable but the constant giggling behind her made her instantly frown. She’s not stupid not to realize that it was their friends whispering to each other behind her.

She opens her eyes and was about to sit up when an arm tightens around her earning another round of giggles from their friends, “Let them.” She heard Momo mumbling softly against her hair.

Right, they fell asleep in the huge couch in their living room because their friends decided to be stupid and locked the bedroom’s door. Or maybe they are just too drunk.

“C’mon lovebirds, it’s time for lunch.” They heard Jihyo speaking, “Stop cuddling for a moment and join us for lunch.”

The rest teased them for a while before deciding to leave them alone. Sana sighed against Momo’s chest, sleep still clouding her mind.

Momo squeezed her for a second before sitting them both up, “Let’s go?” The dancer looked at her, “We have a lot of activities for today.”

As they reach their dining area, their friends are being their usual noisy selves except Nayeon. Sana knew it got to do with what happen last night. She knows Nayeon doesn’t really forget things she did when she’s d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter