Chapter 22

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was supposed to be a good day, supposed to be full of laughter and smiles. It was supposed to be them enjoying each other’s presence. It’s a sunny day after all, the sun shining so bright above them. Almost blinding each of them. There’s no evidence of rain, of thunder, of storm.

So, Momo isn’t sure why they are suddenly crying.

She just got out of the hospital a week ago, and her friends decided to have a short get away trip. They should be already on their way to the nearest park; they already have their food basket loaded at the car’s trunk. They are already prepared to leave; the blankets are already on the backseat.

It was supposed to be one of those good days.

One of her best days.

But how come everyone is suddenly crying?

This is not part of the plan.

Never would be.

It’s not on their plan to rush to the hospital.

No.

Not today.

Not yet.

But as they approached the damn metal doors, everything suddenly made sense.

Her girlfriend.

The woman of her dreams.

The love of her life.

Her Sana.

Sana.

Right, Sana.

Sana was supposed to be with them.

Not inside that room.

She should be hugging Momo now.

Raining her with kisses.

No.

Not this.

“Where is she?” She tried her best to get the words out of , “Nay, where’s Sana?”

Nayeon looked up from Jeongyeon’s chest, eyes red with tears, “Momo…” she sobbed, hands clenching tight on Jeongyeon’s shirt, “Momo, she is still inside. We─ still don’t know what’s happening.”

Her eyes search for something, something familiar, something that would make everything a bit bearable, but she found none. Her friends, their friends are all crying, bawling their eyes out.

“We’re already on our way to your place,” Mina mumbled quietly, staring into nothing, eyes losing its focus, “We were already on our way to meet you. Then, she─ she just gasped. She was gasping for air. She didn’t want to go here, because she wanted to be with you.” And tears silently fell from her eyes.

Chaeyoung immediately cuddled the girl into her arms, rubbing her hands at the woman’s back, trying her best to calm the girl down.

Momo felt her knees wobble, her chest suddenly felt heavy. As if her heart’s being squeezed tightly.

“She’ll be fine, right?”

She asked, but no one could really answer as they are still waiting for anything. Just for something about the girl’s condition.

She has to be fine.

Sana will be fine.

She needs to.

“Momo.”

And like the world hates her, the familiar husky, cold voice spoke from a distance. She didn’t want to look up, because of she did, it’s close to zero that she would be able to see her Sana again.

She didn’t look up, but then she suddenly felt people lifting her from her seat.

“No! I’m not leaving.” She tried to fight back, she tried to shake off the hands holding her, “No, please! Dad, please! Not now!” She looked at her friends to ask for help but saw them being held down too.

“Dad! Please! She still needs me!”

She begged.

She cried.

She wailed.

But all of them went into deaf ears.

She heard her friends calling for her name.

Sana still needs her.

She needs her.

 

The next moment she woke up, she saw the dark sky painting the once blue bright one earlier.

Sana.

“Sana…” She whispered to herself and tried to look for her phone but to no avail. “! Sana needs me. I have to see her. I need to see her.”

She immediately went down from her room, ready to leave when she heard her father talking behind her.

“You’re not leaving.”

She turned around, eyes burning with anger.

She’s mad.

She’s hurting.

“I will leave. I don’t care whether you abandon me or not! I will leave!” She breathed deeply before taking a step away, but several men lined up in front of her, completely stopping her from taking a another.

“I told you, no one is leaving.” Her father step closer towards her, “You almost ruined my reputation because of your stupid accident! I will not let you dirty my name again.”

“You’ve been nothing but a disgrace to my name!”

“Really, Dad?” She seethed.

"You're my daughter and you have to act like one!"

“No, Dad…” She sobbed, brushing her hair in frustration, “You were never a father to me, so you don’t have the rights to force things to me…”

She cried and something inside Mr. Hirai hurt. The same way it hurt when he lost his wife. It was the first time in a long time he heard her daughter crying.

He couldn’t stop himself from gaping when his daughter knelt in front of him, “Please, Dad…” She bowed her head down, “Please, let me see her… Sana─ she made me the happiest ever since Mom left. She needs me, Dad… Please.”

The girl he taught not to bow down to anyone.

The girl he taught to never beg.

The girl he raised tough is begging and crying in front of him for the woman she loves.

To be able to see the woman she adores.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter