Chapter 11

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think I am in love with Momo.”

Those were the words Sana told her two best friends the moment they asked how she is a couple days after Momo kind of forced her to spend lunch together.

Mina and Nayeon couldn’t hide their giggles as they heard Sana confessing. It’s not really impossible for either of the two to fall especially if they are always spending time together but they didn’t know it’ll be this fast.

But who are they to judge, right? Because if your heart feel something about a certain someone there is nothing you could do.

“Are you gonna tell her that?” Nayeon carefully asked, watching the emotion circling in her friend’s eyes.

Sana stared hard at the stack of papers in front of her, thinking if she would because honestly, she didn’t thought of it yet. Considering everything, her condition, their situation— she doesn’t think she could do anything about her feelings, at least not too soon.

“Do you want her to know about your feelings?” Mina questioned, “Sana, do you want to?”

Sana looked up and gaze at her best friends before letting out a sigh, “Should I?” She asked in return, genuinely confused on what to do because everything is new to her.

“You know, sometimes I don’t want to see her,” She started, shifting her gaze away from the confused eyes of the other two, “Because I couldn’t stop myself from falling harder. I don’t even know if the things she do for me are genuine or just…just because we have a deal with them. But you know, she’s just so kind and innocent and beautiful but you also know that I can’t do this whole love thing because…because of everything’s that is happening to me. And it’s hard. It’s too hard pretending that I don’t love her, that everything I am doing is for the sake of the damn deal.”

Mina and Nayeon don’t know what to say after hearing the rambling of the other Japanese. Of course, they understand Sana. They understand that Sana is just scared of the many possibilities with Hirai Momo. Sana is just scared because she doesn’t have that certainty that the other girl also feels the same. And she’s scared because she could be gone any time.

And that means leaving Momo.

“Satang.”

Sana faced her best friends, eyes stinging with the unshed tears, “God, I love her but I will only hurt her.” She exhaled, “I don’t know what will happen to me any time soon. I could die any time and I don’t want to hurt her because of that.”

They are just thankful that they are the only people inside the council room, so Mina and Nayeon rushed towards the either side of the vice president, their best friend and hugged her tight.

“We want you to be happy, Satang.” Nayeon mumbled softly, her hands running gently at the crying lass’ back, “And we know Momo can make you happy. So, don’t stop yourself from having that just because of your condition. Don’t stop yourself from being happy, Sana.”

“Momo is a bit dumb but she makes you smile and laugh and that’s what matter to us the most. Stop thinking of the future, just treasure the moments you’re gonna spend with her, every second of it.” Mina added, head leaning at the shoulder of the sobbing Japanese, “Give yourself a chance to be happy.”

“Goddamn it, Hirai.” Sana hissed as they separated from the hug while wiping the stupid tears that escaped her eyes.

Mina and Nayeon chuckled as they helped Sana fix herself.

“Confess to her, idiot.”

 

Sana woke up with a jolt and as soon as she saw the white ceiling of her room a frown starting forming on her face, “Guess, I’m here again.” She whispered as her gaze fixed at the white plain ceiling staring back at her.

After a few moments of having a staring contest with the damn ceiling, she decided to look around the room. Mina is sleeping on Chaeyoung’s shoulder as they are both huddled up at the end of the long couch at the side of the room. Nayeon and Jeongyeon are both asleep at the other end of the couch with their heads meeting halfway. Jihyo and Dahyun are both sleeping on the armchair, heads leaning back.

And Momo, who she realized was holding her hand the whole time, was asleep on the side of her bed.

Sana smiled seeing these people who care enough to spend another night with her at the ing hospital. The place she loathed since forever.

“You’re awake. How are you?”

Her eyes shifted to the newly awake Japanese on her side who is cutely rubbing the drowsiness off of her eyes. Momo stared up at her, watching her carefully.

Sana sighed softly against the oxygen mask, “Yeah, why are you here?”

Momo frowned at the question, “You collapsed at the hallway.” Momo said, ignoring the question of the other, “Everyone saw what happened to you.”

Sana nodded at the information, slightly embarrassed, “How long was I out?”

Momo checked her phone to see the time, “16 hours.”

“And you guys stay here the whole time?”

“Yeah.”

Sana tried sitting up with the help of Momo, adjusting the bed, “Wake them up and go home.” She said, the moment she fixed her position.

Momo creased her forehead, “No.”

“Momo, please. I’ve been bothering you guys the whole week.” Sana pleaded, pulling the mask down, “I just can’t keep doing that.”

“We’re friends. And for us, it is everything.” Momo grabbed Sana’s hand softly, “We’re staying because you are important to us. I am staying because you are important to me.”

 

“Confess to her, idiot.”

Mina’s voice rang in her ears, making her stare at the concern lass in front of her.

Should I? Sana thought.

Not now.

“Thank you, Mo. Really.”

Momo chuckled, “Always.”

“But I’m hungry, can we go to the cafeteria?” Sana asked, before completely taking the mask off of her.

“You can just stay here and wait for me.” Momo stood up as she gets her bag under the bed.

Momo was about to walk when Sana held her wrist, stopping her from taking a step, “Let me go with you, please.”

And who is she to reject the puppy eyes of the younger Japanese, “Alright, fine. Just let me go get you a wheelchair.”

 

 

“What do you want?”

Sana scanned the menu listed in front of her, choosin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter