Chapter 6

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Ms. Minatozaki.” The man in white coat asked, greeting the girl with a warm smile, “I see you came with your best friends.”

The three then greeted the doctor in return before taking the sit in front of the old man. A nurse came in and beamed them a small smile before reaching out a clipboard to the doctor. Sana assumes it is her record.

“First, let me ask you how were you the past few days?” The doctor asked, putting down the record on his wooden table.

Sana gazed at her two best friends first before looking back at the doctor, “I feel alright. I mean, I did everything you asked me to. I avoid tiring myself out and have enough rest.”

The man nodded carefully jotting down everything, “Sana, we both know that just because you did those doesn’t mean you’re okay, right?” He asked softly, looking at the young girl in front of him who he already treated as his own.

Sana nodded with a small smile accepting every words coming from the doctor, “I know.”

Dr. Lee smiled, seeing the girl who he met years ago looking so strong in front of him, not the one he saw crying her eyes out because of her condition. The lady in front of him is a lot stronger and courageous.

“Should we proceed to the tests then?”

 

Mina and Nayeon couldn’t help but get worried as they wait for the other Japanese to end her sessions. It has always been like this, them coming with Sana with every session and check–up the older Japanese has to undergo. Not that Sana’s parents are irresponsible; it’s just that Sana’s not that close with her parents to be with them during her sessions.

“She’ll be okay, right?” Nayeon quietly asked, her eyes falling on her hands.

Mina nodded, “Of course.” She smiled at the older, “She’s our Sana. You know how strong that girl is.” She added, even though Mina herself is questioning everything.

“Right, even if she’s not, she has to be strong…” Nayeon muttered, “Because if not, I’ll hit the hell out of her.”

The two looked at each other before bursting into laughter earning the confused looks from the people passing by. They stopped laughing when a nurse stared at them a bit longer, so before they got kicked out of the waiting area they decided to keep calm and just wait for their best friend.

“Hey, remember when we first met Sana?” Mina asked, her eyes fixed at the wall in front of them reminiscing the good old days, “God, she’s so noisy.”

Nayeon let out a chuckle, “She is and annoying too…but those things made her our Sana.” Two smiled in silence picturing inside their minds the first time they met the other Japanese.

 

Mina was busy writing on her notes trying her best to make something out of what her tutor gave her. It’s the usual exercises that a tutor would give a student and Mina just wanted to get out of her room and have some play time with her friends outside. So, if she wanted to go out she has to finish the exercises first.

She’s almost finish on her work when a knock interrupted her from it. She looked up from her notebook and glance to the door, her Mom peeking from it, “Hey Mitang, can you come down for a second?” Her Mom asked smiling softly at the younger, “We want you to meet someone.”

The thirteen year old Japanese nodded softly before closing her notebook. The older woman patted Mina’s head before they head down where the said visitor is waiting.

And Mina wanted to run back inside her room the moment she heard the other teen talking, “Hi! I’m Sana.” The stranger grinned at her, offering a handshake, “I hope we can be friends.”

“Mina, say hi to your friend.” Her Mom pushed her lightly to speak to the girl in front of her who’s beaming at them the brightest smile she had ever seen in her thirteen years of living.

Mina stared at the woman in front of her before clearing to speak, “I’m Mina.” She reached out to the waiting hand of the other, “It’s nice meeting you, Sana.”

The two families are talking inside the Myoui household when another young lass entered, “Minari!” The unexpected guest shouted the moment she entered the said household, “Let’s go and hit the road with our bikes!” Mina’s best friend shouted, oblivious to the people watching her.

“Nayeon, I didn’t know you’re coming.” Mina stood up and walk towards her friend, “You should’ve messaged me first. We got visitors.”

Nayeon just looked at her friend before shifting her gaze towards the people behind Mina who are all watching their interaction. But her eyes stopped to the girl who looks like the same aged as them.

“Oh my gosh, I’m sorry.” Nayeon bowed towards the unknown people in front of them and Mina’s parents, “Sorry, I didn’t know.”

Mina’s mother smiled shaking her head softly, “It’s alright, Nayeon.” Mrs. Myoui said before turning to the other young Japanese, “Sana, this is Nayeon, and Nayeon, this is Sana.” Mrs. Myoui added, introducing the two.

After hearing the short introduction, Nayeon beamed a smile at the other lass, “Hi, I’m Mina’s best friend. We can be friends too if you want.”

And they didn’t know that after that introduction that the friendship would blossom into something much more beautiful.

Sist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter