Chapter 15

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“10 minutes break!”

Everyone groaned as they make their way towards their bags grabbing their own water bottles gulping down their own drinks. Momo exhaled as she flopped down on the cold floor of the gym staring at the wide ceiling of their indoor gym.

It’s her first training again after the event and her body seems to feel kind of awkward as it has been weeks since her last one. It feels funny though, this is the sport she loves and now she feels awkward doing it.

“Hirai, someone’s looking for you.” She looked at her teammate, Sinb, who kicked her foot to get her attention, “And I don’t know who she is.” Sinb added before she could even open .

And so she sighed before getting on her feet, “Alright, thanks.” She mumbled as she walks towards the gym’s entrance.

She knitted her brows in confusion after seeing Jeongyeon there who seems busy talking to someone.

And as she steps nearer her frown deepened, “What are you doing here?” She asked, confused on why the girl is here.

Jeongyeon turned around to face her, “Oh, she's inviting us in Nayeon’s house.” Jeongyeon answered for the other girl, “It’s Nayeon’s birthday this coming Thursday and she wanted us there.”

Momo looked at Mina who is looking at them expectantly, waiting for a response from them. She’s not sure about it though because for sure Sana would be there in which she is avoiding. It’s not that she doesn’t want to see the girl because it’s actually the opposite but she just can’t see Sana when she’s still hurting.

She sighed, ignoring the looks coming from her best friend, “Sorry, but can you tell Nayeon that I’ll think about it?”

Another term for no.

Mina looked at her, disappointed with her answer but who could blame her? She’s hurting. And the cause of her pain is apparently Mina and Nayeon’s best friend.

And so the younger Japanese smiled albeit dejectedly, “Oh alright. Just tell me if you will.” Mina said before waving at them goodbye.

Once the council secretary is out of sight and earshot Jeongyeon faced her, “I’m sure you won’t go.”

Momo nodded affirming her best friend’s words, “I won’t but I can’t reject her just like that.” She sighed, “She looks like a damn puppy.”

Jeongyeon chuckled at that, “Maybe that’s why Chaeng is head over heels for her.”

The two of them took the remaining of their rest to calm their aching muscles with the rest of their teammates.

“Okay, everyone! Let’s go!” Jeongyeon shouted as they stood up, brushing the dirt off of their spandex.

Doing different plays and strategizing their games is how Momo and the rest of the volleyball team spent their afternoon until night. It’s not new for them as this was how they spent most of their lives.

“Where are you going?” Jeongyeon asked the moment they went out of the gym after ending their training, “You’re not joining us for dinner?”

Momo fixed the strap of her bag on her shoulder, gazing at the closed door of the council room about a few meters away from them before looking back at her best friend, “No, I have to pack some stuffs first.” She answered, “Dad’s coming this weekend, you know.”

Jeongyeon nodded understandingly, “Alright, then.” She said before patting Momo’s shoulder comfortingly, “I’ll just tell it to the kids.”

After bidding goodbye to each other, Momo decided to just drive straight home because she couldn’t spend the rest of her time with the person she wanted to spend it to.

It’s kind of weird, feeling the sudden emptiness inside of her when she was just full of live the past months. And it’s making her frustrated with how everything was right now. This wasn’t even part of the plan, of the damn deal.

She wasn’t supposed to fall in love.

Falling in love with a certain Minatozaki Sana is definitely not part of the plan.

But she still did.

And she doesn’t even regret it.

Because falling in love with Sana is the best thing that happened to her.

“Damn.”

Momo looked around her unit and saw how lifeless it looks like. Realizing that it doesn’t feel like this before she even know Sana.

It was like a slap on her, that Sana was the one who made this lifeless unit look so lively even after just spending a couple of nights there. Sana doesn’t even stay there for that long and yet it’s as if Sana lived there her whole life.

“God, I feel so pathetic.”

Momo groaned before throwing her bag carelessly on her couch as she heads towards her room to wash up. She decided for a quick shower before deciding to pack the things she needs to bring to her father’s house.

She was busy packing her things when her phone chimed indicating a message. She sighed before grabbing her phone on her night stand.

We’re on our way there. Jihyo wanted to have some game night.

Seeing the message from Jeongyeon, a small smile on her face formed. Her friends surely isn’t one of those who would take care of you obviously. They would rather do it quietly and most of the times they would make it as a part of a joke or what but that’s just what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter