Chapter 1

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where the hell are you, Hirai?” The said girl winced after hearing the loud voice of her friend through the other line, “You are supposed to be here like half an hour ago and yet you’re nowhere to be found.”

“I’m on my way, alright?” She sighed before shifting her gaze towards the girl sitting in front of her, “I’ll be there soon, so reserve me a seat.” She added before ending the call.

Momo run her fingers through her hair before sitting in front of the unknown girl sitting at the pavement in front of her, “Hey, I have an orientation, but if you want I can drop you off first.” She said waking the girl from her reverie.

The unknown girl looked at her, eyes shining with tears and nose red from crying, “It’s okay. I think I can manage.” Momo release a breath as she watch the girl standing up with a limp, “Sorry for the inconvenience.” The girl then bowed before limping her way away from Momo.

Momo watch as the other girl struggle to walk, so instead of going where she needs to be she decided to follow the girl. It’s partly her fault on why the girl is hurt and limping so her conscience really won’t let her be in peace.

“God Momo, Jihyo’s going to kill you.” She whispered to herself as she continues to follow the nameless woman in front of her. She cannot take it if the girl gets into another accident because of the injury she had caused.

Well, the girl bumped into her earlier making both of them stumble at the cold ground and with her sleepy , she cannot avoid or just at least lessen the impact thus resulting to the injury of the orange haired girl. The girl had the most impact as she tried to catch Momo, hurting her ankle in the process.

 

Momo looked around when the still nameless woman enter a familiar place. Confused, she looked at the girl she has been following for less than 30 minutes and saw her still walking in front of her.

“Hirai!” She turned around and saw her friends walking their way up to her, “Finally you’re here! They let us have an hour break before the actual orientation.”

“Oh,” She nodded before looking in front of her as she tries to look for that orange hair, “She’s studying here?” She muttered under her breathe.

“What are you saying?” Jeongyeon, one of her closest friends, asked.

The Japanese just shake her head before urging them to walk towards the cafeteria. She skipped her breakfast and now hunger is finally catching up with her.

“What happened to your arm, Mo?” Jihyo asked before grabbing her arm, “You got some scratches.”

Momo looked at her arm in Jihyo’s grip before pulling away gently, “Ah, I just bumped into the wall on my way out.” She said before grabbing a tray as they line up for food.

 

“Good morning, students.” A firm voice roared against the four walls of the room, silencing the students from their own discussion as they look at the platform where an old man was standing, staring at them, “Welcome to St. Mary University. I am Park Jinyoung, the headmaster of the university and it is my great pleasure to welcome you all. I’m delighted to see you here so early in the morning. And to the new ones, I hope you will discover over the following days, what I have discovered in my six short years at SMU: that you have entered a lively, challenging, diverse, and warm community.”

The students clapped their hands as they cheer with the warm welcome of the university’s headmaster. Momo looked around still trying to have at least a glimpse of the girl she accidently hurt earlier as that girl piqued her interest. Well, it’s basically the first time someone intrigue her and she feels kind of odd at that.

A nudged on her side stopped her from looking around, “What’s wrong with you? You’re weird.” Jeongyeon muttered, “Are you looking for some friends or what?”

Momo sighed before shaking her head, noticing the sudden silence surrounding them, “Nah, I’m just trying to familiarize myself.”

Jeongyeon nodded, still not quite believing what her Japanese friend has said but it’s not the time to interrogate as their university student body president is being introduced in front.

They both shifted their gaze towards the stage where a bunny looking girl is standing with such confidence, “Good morning,” The said girl looked around, trying to scan the crowd, “I am Im Nayeon, the council president and a 3rd year student from the Business Management department. I’m here and my council members to welcome each and every one of you. I’ll make this short as I saw some of you getting sleepy already,” Nayeon said which makes some of the students chuckle, “I won’t discuss about the rules of the university as it’s already written in the manuals given to you. I just hope for you guys to follow those and we’ll have peaceful year ahead of us. And now let me introduce to you our council…”

 

“Minatozaki Sana, our council vice president.”

 

“Hey Momo!” Jihyo’s loud voice blared stopping her from thinking about that certain girl, “Where are you going? We have to go to our room or our professor will surely kill us.”

Momo looked around and frown when she found out that she’s on her way to the front gate and saw her friends on the side, “Oh sorry.” She said before making her way towards her friends.

“Something is surely bothering you, but okay I won’t ask anything.” Jeongyeon whispered, as they tail behind their friends.

The Japanese just kept quiet, ignoring the teasing tone on her best friend’s voice because she knows something is definitely bothering her and it’s making her feel really weird. She doesn’t like this feeling but she doesn’t hate it either because finally— finally, she got to know the nameless girl’s name.

 

Minatozaki Sana.

Sana.

 

The day doesn’t go as planned for her though. She bumped into a girl on her way to her university and hurt herself in the process. What a goddamn day.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay, Sana?” One of her closest friends, Nayeon, asked her eyeing the injured leg of the Japanese, “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter