iii Chapter 14: (2017)

No Longer a Coward

...4.30.2017

Sports Korea: SK Knights win second Championship over Anyang KGC 100-85 with 20,000 in attendance and 4 million concurrent TV viewers. Daniel Choi finishes with 26 points, winning Finals MVP.

Jiyeon watched as the timer ran down. Everyone was on their feet the crowd roaring in celebration. She high fived the people next to her. On her left was famous actor Lee Seunggi. She hadn't even met him before, but they high-fived celebrating the big win. 

“SK Knights win the game 100-85. And SK Knights win the championship for the second time in a row!” The announcers exclaimed proudly their voices echoing through the arena.

Jiyeon’s focus was on Daniel. Unlike the last time, he told her that he would show his professionalism.

He looked like he had just finished his work. He shook hands with his opponents and high fived his teammates. A clear grin on his face, but not the overjoyed reaction from the time before.

He really looked like he was a pro.

When he was done interviewing with a reporter he calmly walked back into the tunnel while his teammates went crazy in their celebrations.

She was in awe. She could never imagine being so calm after such a huge win. She was almost crying for joy once again, and she hadn’t even played a second.

This time watching she felt a different kind of proud than the previous one she had witnessed from the rafters.

This was the pride of a boastful girlfriend. Daniel Choi was hers. She knew she couldn’t tell people about it and gloat in her hater’s faces. But she was still happy, the feeling of his success as he had multiple times attributed it to her. 

Why didn’t you join in the celebration with your teammates this time after winning?” 

Daniel stared into the large clump of reporters. He didn’t want to be here, he wanted to go to Jiyeon. But that would have to wait.

“Well, what we're you expecting. Our team practiced the hardest and worked hard to get to this point, so we all expected this result.” Daniel explained confidently.

The reporters chuckled before writing down on their computers.

Daniel what are your thoughts on your opponent Oh Sekeun crying after losing this game?”

“He’s a tough competitor and when you really want to win but come up short it’s a hard feeling. I’ve felt it many times before so I can relate.” Daniel answered calmly. 

Jungsuk as the team’s captain how are you feeling after winning twice in dominant fashions after not winning for 16 years.”

“Well, it's a great feeling to bring victory to our team. I know for a fact without the hardwork of my teammates and a little magic from Daniel we wouldn’t have come this far.” Jungsuk replied before grinning proudly at him.

Daniel, are you going to remain in the KBL for another season? There are reports that you are being scouted by several NBA teams, Chinese teams, and European teams.”

“Well, for now I’m going to enjoy my summer break, but I will definitely consider all of my options. Being in Korea has been a dream come true for me and it would be a tough decision for me to leave.” Daniel loved being in Korea, especially because of Jiyeon.

But he couldn’t lie that his life long dream of being a star in the NBA still hadn’t been fulfilled.

Your thoughts on appearing on more variety shows after declining to do any last year?”

“I’ll think about it. My main focus will continue to be basketball and hosting the summer camps to inspire Korea's Youth is a passion of mine. After that we’ll see.” 

“Thank you but that’ll be the end of this press conference.” A manger appeared on stage and led the three stars off. 

“Dude let’s go celebrate!” Moonbin announced immedaitely as he reentered the locker room. “A bunch of us are going to the club to celebrate! Wanna come?”

Daniel shook his head. “Sorry, I have plans.” 

“Woah come on we just won a championship!” Eric retorted as he placed his arm over his shoulder. “Let’s celebrate!”

However, Daniel remained steadfast in his words. 

“Sorry, I really have something I have to do.” He passed on the offer.

Thankfully Jungsuk came to his defence. "I'll have to pass this time as well, I want to go to my family and celebrate."

Daniel grinned and agreed with the team captain. "I have to call my family too." 

Eric frowned but nodded hesitantly.

Daniel stared at his phone:

DAEHAN: thanks for coming.

JIYEON: of course…

JIYEON: are you going to celebrate tonight?

DAEHAN: of course

JIYEON: ahh ok

JIYEON: I see

DAEHAN: are you disappointed?

JIYEON: no I just was going to surprise you if you came over

JIYEON: but have fun please!

DAEHAN: you didn’t let me finish

DAEHAN: I’m celebrating with you

JIYEON: really oppa?

DAEHAN: of course 

JIYEON: What about your teammates? 

DAEHAN: They understand.

Daniel grinned wondering what kind of surprise Jiyeon had prepared for him.

He followed his agent who also seemed confused he wasn’t celebrating. Thankfully, Daniel just told him he was tired, and Mike didn’t argue any further.

He exited the arena through the loud sound of cheering and cameras flashing all around. 

Daniel what are your plans!”

"Oppa Sarranghae!"

“What do you think about your second championship?"

"Daniel I love you!" 

“Daniel are you dating anyone?”

At some point he wondered if they would come up with more creative questions. Maybe then he would answer them.

Daniel climbed into the black van and waved one last time at the thousands of fans who had crowded the outside of the arena. Daniel sighed immediately as the door finally closed and leaned against the chair.

He took out his phone once again and he remembered his promise to call his family.

“Daniel we just saw, you won!” Daniel’s mom shouted excitedly sitting on the sofa awkwardly holding the phone above her.

What do you mean of course he won, he’s our son.” His dad joked out of frame.

“Thanks omma, thanks appa.” Daniel expressed as he stared at the video call. “When does Jenny end her semester again?”

May 8th, but she’s interning this summer, so she might not come to visit you.” His mom explained. 

“That’s fine, I’m glad she’s busy.” Daniel answered. "At least she can fulfill Appa's wishes for us to be succesful in business."

"You know your appa was joking when he said that."

"I know, I can't wait to see you both. I'm coming back for the summer."

Really?” His mom's voice echoed over the speaker.

Daniel nodded he would spend one month in California before returning. He hadn’t been back home in almost 2 whole years and he would be lying if he didn’t say he missed being home sometimes. 

"Are you going to bring that idol?" His father questioned. 

"Jiyeon? You knew?" Daniel didn't remember telling his father about her. 

"You know your mother can't keep secrets."

"I forgot." He joked scratching his head. "I'll ask her, but she'll probably be busy this summer."

"We'd love to meet her. She's so pretty when she watches your games."

“I'll promise I'll introduce her someday. I miss you guys and I’ll see you soon.” Daniel assured them before ending the call.

Daniel stared out the window as they arrived at his apartment.

He exited the van and what seemed out of nowhere suddenly reporters rushed him. Cameras and bright flashes of light covered his vision as he struggled to even enter the door of his apartment building. Several doorman rushed out of the building and began clearing the way for him.

He groaned as he figured that it would make it a lot harder to try and sneak out to see Jiyeon.

This was the problem with his popularity, it was heading to a point his whole life was being documented. It was too much.

He wished he could just spend time with his girlfriend alone. Should he have just gone out with his friends after all?

Daniel finally exited the elevator to his apartment, feeling completely defeated. It would be impossible to see Jiyeon now. Not with all of the reporters and paparazzi.

He entered in his code, the ring of the lock signalling him to enter.

Just a glance at the large window he could see the sky was indeed dark, but so was his whole apartment. Why?

He took one step in wondering if he had forgotten to configure the lights to turn on at night. Suddenly, a bright light flooded the room as he heard a switch flip.

Sitting on his dining room table was a large cake with the words ‘Congratulations on 2nd win’ written in frosting. Beside it his beautiful girlfriend grinning proudly.

After all of his worries, seeing her in just a hoodie and jeans she was a welcome sight. Thank you.

“Surprise!” She jumped up excitedly, cheering for him with her outstretched arms. “Congrats oppa.”

“This was the surprise?” Daniel questioned still wondering if it was a fantasy.

“Yes. I had a feeling that this might happen and sneaked into your apartment before the press could set up.” She explained beaming with pride.

Standing there staring at him in innocent joy. He couldn't hold back. She was too adorable. Daniel rushed forward and embraced her tightly. 

Words could not express how happy he was. How thankful he was. 

“Thank you. Thank you Jiyeon.” He ran his fingers through her silky hair eventually ending at her nape.

“Congratulations oppa!” She answered rubbing gentle circles into his back. 

After their exteneded embrace, Daniel took the large knife that Jiyeon had set out and began to cut the cake into several pieces. He carefully used a plastic fork and set it on a small plate and did the same for himself. 

“Looks good, where did you get it from?” He interrogated as he took his plate and sat down at the dining room table. 

“I made it.” She answered grinning cheekily.

Daniel barely contained a scoff, before noticing Jiyeon glaring at him.

“You really don’t think I could?” She questioned her voice obviously offended.

“I love you even if you can’t cook or bake.” Daniel teased as he took a bite of the cake.

It was delicious, the chocolate flavored breading mixed with the vanilla frosting melting into his mouth.

“Fine I got it at a Paris Baguette nearby.” She huffed as she sat down. Daniel chuckled at how cute she was. 

“I love it. Thank you Jiyeon-a.” He thanked her as he watched her savor the cake in her first bite.

Her pearly white teeth flashing as opened to devour each bite. The cute baby dinosaur really was just too adorable sometimes.

“I’ve been thinking—” was still full of frosting.

Daniel placed his finger on . As she suddenly turned away realizing her mistake. 

“Just chew first.” Daniel took the opportunity to again. “You’re too cute when you do that.”

Jiyeon swallowed and upon clearing she continued.

“I’ve been thinking oppa.” Daniel gazed into her eyes wondering what she was thinking in her curious mind. 

“I think you should start calling me something else. I call you oppa. But I’m just Jiyeon or Jiyeon-a.”

Daniel wasn’t sure what else he could call her. No other word embodied his love for her better than Jiyeon.

“Like Honey? Or Dear?” He asked using Korean endearment terms.

“Well…” she had a satisfied look on her face. “Well… I wouldn’t mind so much.”

“Yeong? Jiyeon-si?” Daniel brought up more options. 

“Babe?” He was speaking in English this time and cringed at his own words.

She was blushing furiously. 

“Maybe Jiyeon is fine.” She mumbled cringing at her own statement.

“I love you honey.” He replied removing both plates off the wooden table. 

He brought them to his sink and the faucet before scrubbing them with soap.

“Oppa.” Her arms pulled him into a back hug. He wasn't sure whether it was the water than was turning warmer or his internal temperature that had raised exponentially.

Her touch made his heart leap out of his chest, as he felt her head lean against his back. “Congratulations.”

He finished and placed the two dishes onto a small drying rack next to the sink.

Before quickly spinning around. Daniel leaned in and pressed his lips against hers.

“This feels familiar.” She purred.

Daniel didn’t care his hands all over her top. Begging for her to remove it.

Her hands still wrapped around his nape. His tongue brushing against hers as it navigated deeper into . 

“I want you Jiyeon. Now and forever.” He moaned in between kisses.

… 5.1.2017

KOREABOO: 2nd Championship for Choi, he walks off like a champion

May 1st, 2017

Dominance, to remain at the top of a certain field and fulfill every expectation, what does that look like? Well Daniel (Daehan) Choi showed us clearly what that looked like last night. After a seemingly easy win 100-85 to end the series in 5 games. Daniel Choi unlike his teammates calmly shook hands with the other players and exited through the tunnel as if it was any other game. Daniel just handled his business. Confident, handsome, and a winner. 

Daniel Choi looks like he may be unbeatable for the next couple of years in the KBL. Which makes us wonder, what’s next?

Daniel Choi has single handedly raised SBS Sports viewership by 300%, sold out every game that he has played in, and starred in over 30 successful CFs. Netizens have stated that Daniel Choi has yet to star in almost any Variety Shows. An opportunity we are all hoping he accepts soon. 

The 24 year old Basketball superstar has currently made an estimated 8 billion won over his playing career and is estimated to have made another 10 billion won in Sponsorships and Advertisements. His investments include his purchases of 6 Luxury Apartments in the Lotte World Tower that opened a month ago. Apartments that have an estimated value now at over 30 billion won.

After a large influx of money into the KBL the Basketball idol has been reportedly offered a 1 year contract of 8 billion won from the SK Knights, which although high is almost nothing considering the estimated 80 billion won increase in value from the SK Knights after final ticket revenue. 

Daniel Choi seems to bring success all over Korea and every TV program wants him.

The question is, what will he do this summer? He has yet to announce his usual Summer Camps making fans speculate he has other plans. 

What do you think he will do?

////////////////

Top Comments:

“As a caring fan I hope he gets some much needed rest, especially after his mental health statement, as a selfish fan I hope he appears on some variety shows to promote his popularity."

“I came here after hearing that he accepted a sponsorship for Cuckoo along with Pristin Xiyeon. OMG I hope he appears on some Variety shows, but looking at the numbers... it wouldn't be beneficial for him."

“I actually can’t wait to see him appear on some variety shows. I stan him so hard. The way he calmly walked off the court at the game was so cool. He knows he’s the best, I love it!" 

… 5.3.2017

JIYEON: is that really your net worth? 50 billion won?

DAEHAN: of course not Jiyeon don't be ridiculous

Jiyeon sighed nodding towards the screen. She knew his family was already quite well off. But it wasn't like he was a chaebol or something.

DAEHAN: it’s more

JIYEON: hmmm...

JIYEON: should I just quit being an idol and marry you?

DAEHAN: of course

DAEHAN: I'm making a contract and screenshotting this as evidence

JIYEON: im kidding

JIYEON: I would never

JIYEON: I like being an idol too much

DAEHAN: whenever you’re done just live comfortably with me then 

DAEHAN: we can live high up in the sky if you'd like

Jiyeon chuckled as she read the messages. Over the course of her career especially after the Chinese sponsorships she had made a lot of money with T-ara. However, the Korean damage fees and money she had been forced to give up during the peak of her bullying scandals lost her money as well as collateral.

However, thinking about it...

JIYEON: Why haven't you moved? 

JIYEON: I mean into the towers

DAEHAN: Because it'd be impossible for us not to be noticed

JIYEON: That's why?

DAEHAN: I love where I live anyways, it's only a 5 minute drive from your place

Jiyeon hovered her fingers over her phone. Unsure of what to say. It felt pressuring knowing her boyfriend was making a lot of money. 

Yet, she appreciated his gestures and commitment to her despite all of it.

JIYEON: What are you doing right now?

DAEHAN: I’m filming the advertisement for the rice cooker.

JIYEON: ahh I see, with Xiyeon-si right?

DAEHAN: Yes

JIYEON: Is she pretty?

Jiyeon grinned at her phone as she threw out the bait. Wondering how the usually smooth talking boy would answer this question.

DAEHAN: what are you doing right now?

JIYEON: I’m eating lunch with my unnies 

JIYEON: now answer the question

DAEHAN: I

DAEHAN: Love 

DAEHAN: You <3

DAEHAN: sorry the director is calling me to film with the "pretty" girl

Jiyeon huffed as she clenched her fist around her phone squeezing it tightly. 

“Everything ok?” Boram questioned across from her as she took a bite of the tinfoil wrapped kimbap.

All her members sat around in their practice room eating lunch after dancing for hours.

“Boyfriend problems?” Hyomin inquired. “I know that look, it is.”

Jiyeon bit her lip. She didn’t want them to think he wasn’t being a good boyfriend. He was. He was sometimes too perfect of a boyfriend.

“It’s nothing.” Jiyeon tried to assure them, but it was too late.

Even Qri unnie stared suspiciously at her.

“Do we need have to have a talk with him? Is he not being good to our Maknae.” Qri threatened as Jiyeon tried to calm her down.

The leader stood in front of her expecting some type of answer. Finally Jiyeon decided to give in.

“Do you know Pristin’s Xiyeon-si?”

“Yes, she was the host of Countdown with that super handsome looking guy Eunwoo.” Eunjung revealed immediately.

“She’s filming a CF with him.” Jiyeon mumbled staring grimly towards the floor.

“And you’re jealous?” Soyeon was laughing. “Are you serious, she’s like 7 years younger than you, and like 20 years younger than us.” 

Jiyeon knew she was being foolish, but she still hated whenever he filmed CFs with females. Which was like everytime.

“He sure seems to film a lot of CF’s with girls.” Hyomin came to her defense. 

“Everyone wants to see Korea’s most eligible bachelor in romance scenes.” Qri stated matter of factly. “I think it makes sense from a marketing perspective.”

“You’re right. It’s too bad, nobody knows he is currently dating our Jiyeon-a.” Boram added on.

“Yes. Don’t you think it’s too much… like couldn’t he request a different commercial.” Jiyeon grumbled jealously.

The other members started laughing. 

“Ok, but Jiyeon, you starred in Dramas where you kissed, hugged, and fell in love with a character and you’re jealous of a 1 minute commercial?” Eunjung was laughing the hardest.

Jiyeon sighed. That was true.

“Hey let’s get back to practicing.” Their dance instructor announced returning through the door.

Despite being 8 year idols all of them stood up attentively towards the teacher. "Yes Ma'am."

...

POV: CF

Xiyeon stares down at her messages to and a notification pops up from “OPPA <3” 

OPPA: I’m making dinner I hope you're hungry

She squeals in delight as she enters into a small yet modern house. She enters and sighs as steam emitting from inside and takes a long whiff of the CGI’d aroma.

Scene changes to her smiling before sneaking up towards the wide backside of a tall handsome man wearing a white apron over a fitted cream sweater. He is shown staring at a modern rice cooker. She springs forward and back hugs him tightly.

“Oh, you’re here?” The oppa turns around and reveals Daniel Choi who smiles brightly. 

“Perfect timing Dinner is almost ready.” He announces.

“Your Rice is ready.” The Ricecooker speaks in a female automated voice. 

Daniel sits down the pretty idol who is wearing a pantsuit and has her hair tied up in a pony tail dressed like a career woman.

“Smells good.” Xiyeon comments as a bowl of glistening rice is set in front of her. 

Across from her sits Daniel. She uses her spoon and takes a bite as she dazzles from the taste.

“Looks perfect.” He comments and Xiyeon blushes gazing at him.

“Made to perfection.” He adds on leaning towards her. 

“I want you.” He whispers in a seductive voice as he approaches closer and closer. The camera focuses on Xiyeon.

She is shown with her eyes closed lips puckered. Suddenly the camera pans out revealing that Daniel instead snatched the bowl of rice. The camera zooms on his handsome grin as he scoops a spoonful of rice from the bowl holding it in front of the shot.

The scene fades to a Cuckoo logo.

“Always perfect. Always fast. Come home to Cuckoo.” Daniel narrates.

… 5.8.2017

Korea Daily: From Basketball Idol to Nation’s husband

Watch out Song Joongki, Daniel Choi is taking over the rice industry. 

After Song Joongki’s appearance on Cuchen Rice Cooker’s CFs in 2016 the brand took a 3% leap in Market Shares at the end of the year. 

However, this is currently being challenged by Cuckoo who has taken back it’s place in the industry after releasing a series of Cf’s starring Daniel Choi and Pristin’s Xiyeon. 

Though the idol is not well known outside of Hallyu circles, the innocent and pretty 18 year old stunned viewers with her beauty as she played a working woman coming home to her equally handsome house husband. 

Daniel Choi must’ve melted the hearts of all women young and old because he drove Cuckoo’s Market Share a shocking 3% up already in the span of one week. The expensive rice cooker has already sold out in Department stores and online. 

Daniel Choi has been dubbed the “Nation’s Husband” and we expect more advertisers to be taking advantage of this.

… 5.13.2017

“Jeon Boram, Lee Kyuri, Park Soyeon, Ham Eunjung, Park Hyomin, Park Jiyeon, T-,a,ra, go!” Male fans chanted their names as the 6 girl’s appeared on stage. Jiyeon glanced at the spread of Taiwanese fans that seemed to stretch through the entire stadium. She had been told earlier that 20,000 people would be in attendance for their final concert. 

'y Love' began to play as the girls all stood in a line pretending to be in their boxes. There was a huge cheer as they began to dance. 

The concert continued as Jiyeon felt herself relive her greatest moments as they played through their biggest hits. Seeing the amount of love that they received from their fans could’ve brought tears to her eyes, but she kept it in. 

The music changed and the other four girls disappeared as Jiyeon and Hyomin were left in the center of the stage. Trouble Maker began to play as the two girls began to dance to the steamy song. 

Fans cheered as Jiyeon and Hyomin seductively danced with each other.

As the song ended the four other girls rejoined them, suddenly a round of disco lights as they shined on an unknown figure. A Taiwanese host appeared and began to introduce the figure.

“He’s a big fan of T-ara and the girls invited him to join in on their final performance. Please welcome Taiwanese Mega Star A Xin!” The voice introduced as a handsome man in his 40’s appeared and joined the girls as the music for Roly Poly began to play.

Jiyeon chuckled slightly at how well he fit right into Hwayoung’s spot in. He knew the choreography fairly well and the girls all had wide smiles on their faces as they performed. 

By the time the concert was over Jiyeon was exhausted, they had gone through many of their hit songs and it was a huge success. The girls all left the stage to the sound of the cheering fans after hugging one last time. 

There were tears in Soyeon and Boram’s eyes. Jiyeon for the first time felt happy. She could see the joy in their eyes as they performed for the last time. They had ended on the perfect note. 

Jiyeon couldn’t keep herself from embracing Soyeon as she knew they would never perform together again.

“Good job Unnie I’m really going to miss you.” Jiyeon cried as Soyeon suddenly was the one comforting her. 

“Thanks Jiyeon, I’m going to miss performing a lot. Especially with my prized Maknae.” Soyeon announced.

“Group hug again!” Eunjung called out as all the girls embraced again as a team. 

… 

KOREABOO: After a heartwarming performance of Roly Poly T-ara says goodbye to Soyeon and Boram and everyone cried.

...

Pov: CF

The scene begins with a HV Nara feeding a cute little girl sitting in a modern home. The little girl is eating crackers when she accidentally spills several onto the floor.

Nara rolls her eyes staring at the giant mess.

“I’ll deal with it.” A deep voice assures her as two arms wrap themselves around her, allowing a slight smile to reappear on her lips. 

Nara is seen again with the little girl trying to make rice for dinner and the cute girl accidentally drops the spoon and the uncooked rice pours all over the ground.

“I’ll deal with it.” The deep voice repeats as a large hand rests on Nara’s shoulder. 

Nara is seen watching a movie with her daughter and bits of popcorn falls onto the carpet. Nara sighs about to snap in frustration.

“I’ll deal with it.” The voice repeats soothingly as the mysterious person sitting beside her places an arm around her shoulder. 

The scene changes and we see Nara holding her daughter’s hand walking down the hall towards the direction of a quiet hum. 

They enter into the kitchen to see the handsome Daniel Choi holding a cordless vacuum cleaning up each mess. Several shots showing the features of the modern vacuum pass by. 

He turns of the vacuum and waives towards his ‘wife and daughter’.

“Appa!” The little girl shouts excitedly.

But while running towards him she accidentally knocks over a vase. The vase is about to fall and shatter when Daniel s his arm out and catches it midair.

“Appa will deal with it.” He comments as he smirks at the daughter. 

Nara rushes over and hugs him. 

Another scene shows him vacuuming with his wife embracing him tightly from behind.

“No Chord. Fast Charge. No mess. Dyson.”

“For mothers and husbands.” 

5.16.2017

“Jiyeon he really is so handsome on screen. I went out and bought a vacuum after watching his CF.” Inna remarked over the phone as Jiyeon exited the airport.

She could spotted several paparazzi snapping pictures of her. A rather normal sight all things considered, but it surprisingly felt empowering after years of public hate.

She hopped into her car and drove herself to her apartment, the call with her unnie now appearing onto the screen of her car.

“Don’t you hire a housemaid to clean your house when you’re shooting?” Jiyeon inquired finding Inna's purchase somewhat strange.

Yah, but it looks so funs when Daniel does it in the CF, I wanted a cordless vacuum for myself. Maybe I'll start cleaning myself.”

Jiyeon chuckled at her comment. “I guess he really is the Nation’s husband at the moment. I heard you can’t even buy Cuckoo rice cookers anymore.”

Even my mom knows about him now.” Inna joked over the speaker. “And my mom doesn’t even watch my dramas anymore.”

“I guess I’ll have to really hold onto him tightly.” Jiyeon answered watching the airport disappear in her rearview mirror. 

“Don’t worry, from what you’ve told me, I think he’ll hold onto you tighter.” Inna assured her. “I don’t think you have to worry about that and just keep letting him love you. I think you really found a special person.”

“Thank you unnie.” Jiyeon responded. 

Just focus on your comeback I’m excited.” Inna finished as the phone call ended. 

Jiyeon focused on the road as she began the long drive back to Seoul from Incheon. This drive often made her reminisce of the first time that Daniel had visited from America, the time they had first confirmed their feelings. That was the beginning of it all. It was crazy to think that was already almost 4 years ago.

Her car’s phone began to ring and she noticed on the small screen: Daniel oppa <3

How was the flight?” He questioned immediately.

“Good, I can’t wait to see you again.” Jiyeon admitted wishing to see him.

Really? I can’t either, maybe that’s why I’m here in your apartment.” 

Jiyeon grinned happily.

“I thought you had a schedule today?” Jiyeon answered.

It got pushed back to another day. So I decided to surprise my Jiyeon-ie instead.” Daniel revealed.

“Thank you. I really wanted to see you too. I missed you.”

Really, I thought you were going to be happy with Hyomin Noona now. Your performance of troublemaker with her sure seemed like it."

“And you’re not hanging out with your friends?” 

Touche.”

“I’ll see you soon, order food I’m starving.”

Chinese food?”

Jajangmyeon, and Tangsuyuk… oh! and Mandu too.” Jiyeon exclaimed excitedly.

“Ok I’ll order them. But would you still be excited to see me even if there wasn't food?” 

“No. Why would I? You're just a maid.” She smiled coyly as she continued down the long highway.

“A maid! Is it because of the CF? I got a free vacuum for you, shouldn't you be thankful?"

"Are you implying I need to clean my house more?" Jiyeon teased aloud.

"Well... that wouldn't hurt."

"YA!"

...

“We should’ve eaten first huh?” Jiyeon admitted as she had her arms around Daniel’s bare body. They were lying in bed together, Jiyeon wearing only her t-shirt. 

“I missed you so much. I really wanted you.” Daniel confessed caressing her cheek between his fingers.

Jiyeon blushed, she never seemed to have much to say after.

“I missed you too, all of you.” 

“Let’s eat then, I’ll start reheating the food.” Daniel rolled out of bed quickly grabbing his boxers and jeans that lay across her bedroom floor.

Jiyeon took her time. She knew that Daniel would take care of the food. She loved that he really was the “house husband” that the ads often depicted him as. 

She grabbed her white  that lay of the ground and a short denim skirt that she had worn over. After taking a quick shower she exited to the wonderful smell of Jajangmyeon. She her lips as she hadn’t forgotten how hungry she had been. 

“Ready to eat?” Jiyeon nodded her head.

“Let’s watch something.” Jiyeon begged as Daniel sighed. 

“I’d rather just watch you.” He flirted as she shook her head and headed to her sofa.

Upon turning on the television a drama which she had heard about was already playing.

“Hey that’s Nara’s drama.” Daniel suddenly spouted behind her. Suspicious Partner, Jiyeon read the name of the drama. It had the handsome actor Ji Chang Wook in it as well. A lawyer drama, it looked interesting enough.

“Here.” Daniel placed the two bowls of noodles on the coffee table in front of them and quickly set out the fried pork and dipping sauce on the side. 

“Why didn’t you pour it on?” Jiyeon asked, as she stared at Daniel.

One of the biggest arguments of ever in Korea. Should you dip or pour the sauce on top of the crispy pork?

“Cause it’s meant to dip.” Daniel replied.

Jiyeon couldn’t believe what she was hearing, her boyfriend wanted to dip?

“Yaaa. Really? Daniel? You want to dip it?”

Daniel looked annoyed for a second before quickly smiling in defeat.

“No, I don’t want to fight with you. Let’s pour it.” His goofy grin made Jiyeon giggle as she realized how dumb the disagreement was.

He carefully poured the sauce over the meat and Jiyeon began to dig in. The drama was interesting, however, it was hard to concentrate when Daniel was staring at her.

“Are you really not going to watch? Your wife is in it.” Jiyeon poked fun at the CF he had filmed.

“You saw the commercial?” Daniel asked. Jiyeon shook her head.

“No, but I read about it, and everyone was telling me about it.” 

The drama cut to a commercial break and sure enough his Dyson CF began to play. As Jiyeon began to giggle as she watched it.

“So, do you want a life like that?” She tried to . But to her surprise he nodded.

“Yes.” He responded confidently. Jiyeon frowned.

“I want to live that kind of married life with you as my wife.” He corrected himself. Jiyeon turned away her. She smiled as she did. She’d be lying if that kind of life didn’t make her wonder as well. 

“So how long are you going to be there?” Jiyeon changed the subject to a question that had been lingering on her mind.

"Not long hopefully, just about a month." Daniel answered. "I'm guessing you can't come with me."

"Ah, sorry, I'll be pretty busy then with my comeback." Jiyeon felt disappointed to say it aloud. But it was the truth. While he had been busy the past 8 months, Jiyeon had spent all this time preparing for this final comeback.

She couldn't skip it.

"It's fine, just promise me, when you're done. That we'll see each other again." Daniel requested.

"I promise." 

Jiyeon didn't have to think about that.

… 5.29.2017

KOREA Dispatch: Daniel Choi to return to America for the month of June, photos of him are snapped at the airport

… 6.14.2017

“I’m so scared Unnie.” Jiyeon was trembling as they watched the previous group leave the stage. 

“It’s fine, let’s just finish strong.” Hyomin replied as they stood in their sparkly blue blouses and pink pants. Jiyeon knew that this would really be their last comeback as T-ara. 

“This is it, let’s do this!” Eunjung exclaimed as they all looked at each other. It almost felt like they were going into war for the last time as a squad. They could see the crowd staring anxiously waiting for T-ara to make their comeback.

They entered the stage to large cheers as back up dancers joined them. 

They began the beginning of the song and the crowd cheered until the chorus began. 

You don’t know ma name. What’s my name? The line before the dance break was followed by the cries of many fans.

“Lee Kyuri, Ham Eunjung, Park Hyomin, Park Jiyeon.” 

Jiyeon was touched as she heard the cries, as it made her feel loved. One of her biggest insecurities as a celebrity was only being remembered as a scandal, or worse not being remembered at all. She often wondered when compared to the more popular Kpop groups of the future, did anyone even remember T-ara at all through the scandals?

Hearing this made her happy. She felt an assurance that even when it all ended.

… 6.21.2017

SOOMPI: Fan chants show we actually do know their names. T-ara wins first place on SBS’s The Show.

June 21st, 2017

T-ara now their 4 member team released their song “What’s my name” and although the album did not reach into the top 5 on Top 100 Billboard, the album did reach the number one spot on China’s Billboard and has already reached 20 million views on Chinese streaming platforms despite only reaching 6 million on Youtube.

The solo performance was very touching as the four girls seemed to release their sadness and hurt from their bullying scandal asking the question “What’s my name?” Perhaps a metaphor of how through the massive amount of hate in the past T-ara wonders if people will still remember them. 

The fans rushed to support them. Creative fans decided to chant their names after the chorus asking 

“What’s My Name?”

This was one of the most touching moments in performance history as after all the hurt and hate that the girls have gone through, it seems like their will still be love. T-ara has won two number one places with their song, despite not having their usual flashy dance focused music video. I’m so happy for them and yet disappointed as this likely spells out “The End” for T-ara with two of its original members already leaving. 

What are your thought’s on T-ara’s Comeback?

////////////////////

Top Comments:

“I’m actually so disappointed in all the hate they received, I am a newer fan of theirs, but I can’t believe that they only really made it big in China. All of their visuals are so beautiful and the songs are quite catchy as well.”

“Jiyeon is really so pretty in the music video, I can’t believe anyone ever labeled her as a bully. I know she does seem to be bold and strong, but after watching interviews she seems so cute. It’s such a shame, I feel like she could’ve hit heights like SNSD’s Yoona if not for her scandals.”

… 6.22.2017

KOREABOO: Daniel Choi appears on American Youtuber’s vlog alongside little Sister

June 22nd, 2017

Basketball Idol Daniel (Daehan) Choi recently made a surprise appearance on popular Asian American YouTuber Jenn Im’s vlog. She picked up the two siblings from their house and were interviewed as they talked about their life and goals before getting Chipotle, an American Burrito shop. The video was quickly given Korean subtitles and the video began to trend, hitting 10 million views as of now. 

Netizens were overjoyed when he mentioned Kpop and talked about his title as the Nation’s Husband. I easily jumped back in my mind to the scene of him vacuuming the floor while the beautiful Nara watched him. After seeing him speak English and Korean so clearly, it’s undeniable how smart and confident he is. Honestly, if he could dance and sing he really might be too perfect. 

While he has not appeared on any Variety Shows yet I really need him to. There are still two months before his next season begins and imagine every show has him at their top of their bookings. 

Recently Knowing Brother’s on their episode last night congratulated Actress Kim So Eun jokingly for making it onto their show for her first appearance. 

Lee Soo Geun made a joke that they denied many people onto the show recently such as: “BTS, Kim Soo Hyun, and even Daniel Choi. We denied them all when they tried to appear.”

To which Kim So Eun responded back. “I’m more of a Son Heungman fan anyways.” The brother’s all laughed at her joke. 

What are your thoughts of Daniel Choi’s appearance on Youtube?

//////////////

Top Comments:

“OMG watching him on the YouTube video made me want to see him on a variety show so much more. He has the confidence and charm to definitely be a hit and I’m sure the ratings would increase for that episode. I don’t know why he doesn’t.”

“I totally agree that he should go on Running Man at least. He’s way too popular right now. I know that perhaps he feels he doesn’t need the exposure but all of us fans would love it so much.” 

“I need him to go on quickly so I can cheer on my oppa! I swear he was made for TV and as much as I love how cool he is playing basketball, it almost seems a waste of his charm.”