iii Chapter 11: (2017) Over

No Longer a Coward

... 2.13.2017

Sports Korea: SK Knights face defeat against LG Sakers at home 103-108. Daniel Choi finishes game disappointingly with only 4 points. 

...

"Any thoughts on why you performed this way tonight?"

Daniel stared into the crowd of reporters. He couldn't answer that question truthfully. Of course he could've BS-ed another answer...

Basketball was slipping away again. He felt uncomfortable once again. Tonight, all of the reasons he had quit in the first place running through his mind. 

Even Chaeun had confronted him earlier in concern.

"Everyone has good games and bad games, tonight we a rare performance of Daniel not performing well. But it's on us as teammates to fill in when he's on a down night. So it's all of our faults." Eric defended him before he could say a word.

Daniel nodded thankful for his teammate.

"Daniel do you have a response?" A reporter asked again.

Again the reporters all held their camera's up all waiting for his answer.

Again with the questions.

"I'll accept responsibility." Daniel answered tired of the barrage of questions. "It's my fault tonight."

Then he grinned. "Is that what you'd like to hear? If that's the case, then you're right."

Immediately all of the reporters edged closer with their cameras as Eric, Jungsuk, and his coach all stared in horror at him.

"I did not play well tonight, I might not play well tomorrow. I might never play again!" Daniel raised his voice directly into microphone in front. "Is that what you'd like to hear?"

His emotions at that moment overwhelming all of the walls he had set to maintain his image. 

The room was completely silent as Daniel breathed out, devoid of anything but the heavy glares of everyone around him.

Was this how she had felt? This ominous gloom from everyone around you. Daniel hated it.

He couldn't imagine how she had endured it.

"I'm sorry." He huffed as he stood up abruptly from the table and walked out of the room his shoulders slumped.

Immedaitely flashes of lights blinded him. Daniel could hear his coaches and teammates trying to calm the press in the background.

Daniel had messed up, but he wasn't thinking. People labled Jiyeon all types of names.

They called an innocent person a , a bully, a villain.

Yet everyone seemed to think he was some type of angel when in reality... he was the monster. 

He didn't care if this made the news, if this ruined his career. It was over. Jiyeon was the reason and she was gone.

He drove home ignoring the press, ignoring his agent, ignoring everyone who called.

He just wanted to sleep. He just wanted to leave. 

He stepped into the elevator, his mind drifting to the past. Wondering where he had gone wrong.

Wondering where he should've changed.

He regretted that night, on the phone with her. That was the beginning wasn't it? 

When he thought about it she gave him so many chances to express his inner feelings.

But he had run away from them. Like a coward.

He exited the elevator heading to his apartment. Tears beginning to form in his eyes as he wondered if Hannah was right when she had called him a goalseeker.

Accomplishments? He had never once thought of Jiyeon as one. 

He hadn't right? He had always just loved her because she was her.

Even if she was never an idol... he would've just liked her because she was her.

But he pushed her away. It was his fault.

“It’s not your fault.” Her voice rang from behind him.

Daniel almost dropped his phone, startled by the voice.

His gaze still on the door in front of him. His hand clenched around the knob ready to enter.

The mere voice of the person he longed for sent chills down his spine. 

Was it a dream?

“You didn’t do anything wrong back then. You’re not a monster.” Her voice echoed with desperation.

“She lied to you. She cheated on you, she was wrong!” She screamed out in frustration. “It’s not your fault. You're a good person Daniel.”

Daniel didn’t dare to turn around, terrified by the possibility that perhaps it was his conscious talking to him. 

Afraid it might be a dream. Afraid it was just a halucination.

“Jiyeon.” He whispered crying out for her voice.

“But I’m different. I said what I said back then because I needed time to figure out myself. Because I want to be strong for you.” She revealed.

“Jiyeon.” He was speechless. 

His entire mind spinning. 

He already knew that she was different. He knew she wasn't like his ex... but hearing her say it. 

Everything that had buried itself in his heart. All of his fears, his ghosts screaming against him. They dispersed at that moment.

“Jiyeon.” He finally mustered up his courage, turning to face her— she sprang forward, throwing her arms around his waist, quickly pulling her body up against his.

Her small fists clenching the fabric of his shirt in her fingers. 

“I love you. Don’t ever doubt that!” She cried out in agony her forehead leaning against his chest.

Immediately his body melted against hers. His own arms slowly finding themselves around her slim figure. It seemed surreal... 

She was even thinner than usual. He could tell she had gone through hell as well. They had both suffered without each other.

“I know, I know. I don’t know what happened to me. I’m sorry.” He whispered desperately. “I trust you. I trust you Jiyeon. I’m sorry for ever doubting you.” 

It came out so easy. Simple words, but it meant everything to finally compose it aloud.

“Oppa. I missed you like crazy.” 

He felt her tears seep into his shirt, his hand gently her long ruffled hair, her face burrying itself closer and closer into his chest. 

He was thankful. So thankful. He couldn't hold it in.

“Me too.” He confessed.

“I’m different than her, I’ll always come back to you. I’ll always chase after you from now on.” She whispered, her voice muffled by his shirt. 

Daniel wished he could’ve held back his own tears. 

Part of him wished he could’ve stayed strong in front of her. But what was the point? 

Weakness flooded down his cheeks, his broken sobs choking through his mouth.

No walls. Everything out in the open, he leaned his head against the top of hers. He clutched her hair tightly in his hand.

“I need you Jiyeon, by my side. I can’t live without you.” He begged the words emptying from his heart. “I’m not a good person. So I need you.”

“I’ll protect you.” Jiyeon promised. “You don’t need to be strong.”

He felt her grip tighten around him, and he allowed himself to feel exposed.

Because he trusted her.

Because she would protect him.

Thank you Jiyeon. 

Because of you I feel safe.

Jiyeon found herself sitting comfortably on the sofa, his head resting on her lap. His gentle eyes gazing up towards her jaw. A warm smile on his lips as he shuffled his position making himself at home against her thighs.

A simple expression of affection. Yet this was what Jiyeon had desperately missed. Him. Daniel.

“Did Jenny tell you?” He inquired still curious.

“About back then?”

“Mhm, she told me about it. It’s not your fault.” Jiyeon whispered hoping to give him assurance.  

She double checked staring down towards him. His eyes were closed tightly and he seemed to be at peace.

“Did you hear me?” She questioned, poking her index finger into his cheek wanting her point to be made.

“I heard you.” He quickly answered, a smile forming on his lips.

“You don’t have to be strong all the time.” Jiyeon scolded him. "No matter what happens, we'll be together."

She found herself unconsciously caressing his handsome face, her fingers tracing the sharp jawline. 

At first she had thought about telling him right away. About Seungri. About Chaeun. About Hwayoung. About the looming end of her career.

But, seeing him melt down in front of her. Seeing him beg for her to stay beside him. She decided to tell him later. 

For now, for now she would stay by his side. Be strong for him. 

She had once loved the idea of a emotionless strong man. A person who had no flaws. 

Daniel had been that for her, but she realized that wasn't why she loved him. Even in his weakness, in his jealousy, in his rage, she loved him. Desperately.

"Daniel about that night though." Jiyeon wanted to clarify.

Daniel reopened his eyes staring towards her in curiousity.

"I really was going to push him away."

"I know. I trust you." He answered. His warm smile assuring her he truly meant what he said.

"I told him about us, I told him I love you." 

Daniel shut his eyes. "I have a lot to say. I still have so much I want to tell you. But not tonight." 

He reached over and grabbed her hand, stopping her from his hair. Instead intertwining his fingers between hers.

"Tonight let's just live for the two of us." He whispered. "Not for everyone else. I just want to fall asleep staring at you." 

"Aren't you hungry?" Jiyeon inquired in concern. He had just finished a game hadn't he?

"I'm not hungry, I feel full just looking at you." 

Jiyeon grinned. Even those cheesy lines she missed in the time they had been apart.

"Then just rest. Just get some sleep." She commanded.

She swore she could see the warmth begin to appear once again in his eyes. She was about to remove her hand from his, but he tightened his grip.

"What if you're not here when I wake up?" Daniel questioned.

Jiyeon chuckled as she shook her head.

"I promise. I promise I'll be right here. I'm not going anywhere." She replied gazing down at his sleepy face. 

She felt his tense body slowly start to loosen as she watched him drift into a peaceful slumber. Jiyeon ran her hand above his eyes wondering if he had truly fallen asleep.

Seeing him like this... she realized she had made the right choice. At no point in her long idol career could ever compare to the joy she felt right now.

Falling asleep sitting up isn't something Jiyeon knew she could do.

But for some reason she felt peace. 

Tomorrow. Tomorrow would come when it did. Right now she was happy with him.

… 2.13.2017

SOOMPI: Post game press conference has fans worried about Basketball Idol’s mental health

February 13th, 2017

For the past two games, Daniel Choi has delivered two performances with much to be wanted. Scoring 15 points and 5 assists before dropping to a mere 4 points and 8 assists.

During the press conference many reporters were quick wonder why his performance had dropped so significantly.

At first his teammates answered the question for him but after being asked once again his response. 

He responded: 

"I'll accept responsibility. It's my fault tonight. Is that what you'd like to hear? If that's the case, then you're right. I did not play well tonight, I might not play well tomorrow. I might never play again. Is that what you'd like to hear?"

This type of response is not considered unusual after a horrible defeat, but it was strange that the usually calm and collected Daniel Choi snapped at a simple question.

However, many netizens had vastly different opinions.While some questioned the immaturity and of the basketball player. Many berated the reporter for trying to provoke him, citing his possibly falling mental health as a reason.

[+48,035, -15,325] “Why are these reporters asking him a question he clearly doesn't want to answer? These past two games are not who he really is, but I'm worried his mental health is suffering after his recent scandal. I hope they fire that stupid reporter.”

Though, no reports or questions have been answered in terms of the mental health of the star player for the past few days have been released. The normally bright and lovable idol does seem to be acting out of the normal. 

What are your thoughts on the Basketball Idol’s strange reaction?

////////////////

Top Comments: 

“He clearly is fazed by the horrible things those stupid teenagers did. I hope he knows that most fans are not stupid like them, fighting Daniel and don't worry about a few bad games!”

“I saw the clip on youtube and I can't blame him for getting frustrated. He clearly had enough with those pointless questions."

"People calling him illtempered are STUPID, I hope all of you haters know that mental health is a real issue. Depression is real, and it's scary that we haven't seen him smile in so long."

...

Daniel placed a blanket over her body. She was fast asleep, though it was a miracle she had fallen asleep the way that she had, her back resting against the sofa. He smiled as he gently caressed her face. 

He had already made breakfast and felt regretful that he needed to leave early. His agent had texted him that he needed to issue a statement of apology. 

He sighed as he softly closed the apartment door behind him, heading down towards his car. 

If things went well he could issue his apology and go straight back to her.

The drive to the stadium, the meeting with his agent and the team's PR team lasted an eternity.

But they settled on a video apology and he proposed a donation to the Youth Health Programme in Korea, a organization focused on the mental health of youth.

He was genuinely surprised by the outpouring of love and comfort he found from the public. It felt strange to be honest. He felt like he was being given love he didn't deserve.

When he was done, he headed back to his car. Checking his texts to see if she had woken up.

DAEHAN: I'm sorry I had to leave for a meeting about last night

DAEHAN: I made breakfast, and I promise I'll be right back

JIYEON: Good morning

JIYEON: It's fine, but I'm sorry I actually have to do something soon

JIYEON: I'll be back when I'm done, it shouldn't take long

Daniel grinned as he climbed into his car. He breathed out happily staring out at the scenery. The world just felt better now. 

Until a second later... it was Seungri. After all this time he was finally calling him back?

"Hello?" Daniel answered.

"It's you isn't it? This whole thing was about you."

"Huh?" Daniel didn't understand. 

"That's why she... nevermind." 

"What are you talking about? Why did you cancel the meeting with Chaeun-si?"

He heard a chuckle through the speaker.

"You should thank your stupid girlfriend."

"I already told you she's not my girlfriend." Daniel growled annoyed by the person's ignorance. 

"Anyways, I hope we never meet again. I hope you can take care of her, she's about to lose everything, that idiot." Seungri taunted before hanging up.

Was he talking about Chaeun anymore? Had he ever been talking about her?

It suddenly occurred to him. Why was Jiyeon at the party that night? Why was she talking to Myungsoo?

She had never told him. It just felt so suspicious.

He drove home, and burst into his apartment. She was already gone.

He called her. But was sent straight to voicemail. 

"Jiyeon, where are you?" He wondered aloud.

There was a message. It was Chaeun.

Chaeun: Daniel, I think you should see this

Daniel opened the link, it was a youtube clip. He gasped seeing it. Was this on air right now?

He the TV and flipped to the Entertainment Today program.

He stared in horror at the cunning smile plastered on the guest as she talked to the hosts. 

He didn't need to piece everything together. 

He already had an idea of the situation and ran out of his apartment, the door slamming behind him. 

He frantically pressed the elevator buttons as he dialed the one person he knew would have answers.

"Hello? Daniel-si?" The higher voice. It was Jiyeon's close friend.

Yoo Inna. 

"Yoo Inna-si. I'm sorry to ask this, but Jiyeon—"

"She's probably already there. I told her not to, but she's going to give it all up. Daniel-si I can't really explain in detail but I want you to stop her."

… 

KOREABOO: T-ara Bully Scandal finally confirmed. 

Former Idol Sisters Hyoyoung and Hwayoung appeared on talk show ‘Entertainment Today’ yesterday. 

The current actress Hwayoung was asked about her career on the show. The show’s hosts began to then zoom in on her scandal with T-ara asking fairly direct questions about the working environment. 

The former member shared some very loose answers which left us with only assumptions

Honestly while I enjoyed my time as an idol. There was always a separation between me and the other members. I felt like they would be all together and I would feel lonely at times.”

The hosts then asked her about the alleged assault incident involving Park Jiyeon. Tears began to appear on Hwayoung’s face as she seemed to think back to the incident.

There was a lot of mixed feelings happening at the time. Things can happen… but I am stronger for it now.”

Despite neither confirming nor denying the question. The genuine tears on her face was all Netizens needed. 

Message boards filled with comments focusing on how Jiyeon seemed to be living a nice life despite her misdemeanors:

[+19,948 -5323] “I watched the broadcast and could only think, that T-ara’s Jiyeon must have done something to hurt her. I could feel the pain she felt and the kind of betrayal she must’ve felt as well. I’ve never been a fan of Jiyeon, but I wasn’t sure the truth. I’m sure of it now. Jiyeon was a bully in T-ara. I can’t believe she’s living now with the support of so many fans. What a shame.”

Park Jiyeon deleted all of her social media accounts once again. MBK Entertainment, who had scheduled a comeback for her at the end of February also pushed back the date, but announced that they would cite different reasons for it.

What are your thoughts? 

////////////////////

Top Comments: 

“I held out until the very end hoping that the scandal was false, but the fear and sadness on Hwayoung confirmed it. I hope Jiyeon get’s what she has coming for her. I can’t imagine feeling happiness after ruining someone’s career like that.”

“After watching the Happy Together broadcast with her on it, I thought it was crazy for anyone to think she was capable of such acts. She seems so cute in real life, but I guess I was wrong. Bully Jiyeon was real. I’m ashamed.”

...

Jiyeon had spent the entire morning preparing herself for this moment. She had even visited her former dorm and practice room one last time to say goodbye. 

It was a difficult decision but it was her decision. Putting Daniel above her career.

But she couldn't hurt her other members either. She cared about them too. 

So she had already made up her mind. In her hand was a letter. She would end her contract and leave T-ara. It was what was best. What was best for her, for her members. 

She didn't need to see the forums to know what was going to be said. Naver undoubtedly already had her name back on the Top Keywords.

Jiyeon breathed out nervously, preparing herself. It seemed crazy, almost 8 years had passed since she had first debuted. 8 long years. 

It wasn't like T-ara would last much longer anyways, but hopefully her absence would lessen the hate towards the rest of them.

Forfeitting everything, she opened the door.

The CEO looked up and nodded. He had clearly been expecting her.

She felt tears run down her eyes as she approached him slowly. She could see his gaze on the letter she had in her hand.

"Jiyeon-a."

"I..." She wiped away a tear. "I want to leave. I don't want to be in T-ara anymore."

He stared at her in horror. "Jiyeon-a, I understand you must be suffering right now. But, I hope you know we won't sit back at her words. We'll file a lawsuit, we'll sue for defamation..."

Jiyeon shook her head. "That's not the reason. I'm going to give it up now. I'm tired."

The CEO stared in confusion. 

"What happened to the young girl so full of energy, who begged me to let her debut. Don't give up now, that's letting her win." The CEO scolded her.

But Jiyeon couldn't be convinced, she left her letter on the desk before turning to leave.

"Don't you dare!" 

She gasped. 

In front of her... 

Hyomin, Eunjung, Qri, Boram, and Soyeon. All of them stood in a line blocking her from the exit.

"Don't give up Jiyeon-a." Qri pleaded. 

"We can make it through this. She's a liar!" Soyeon added on.

"After all this, we can't let that win!" Eunjung exclaimed desperately.

Jiyeon's tears were reciprocated in the eyes of her members.

Honestly, she wavered hearing their words. She wanted to believe them.

But she had made her decision. She wasn't going to drag them down any longer.

Jiyeon locked eyes with Hyomin, who stared back in horror. She shook her head. 

"Please. Please don't do this Jiyeon." Hyomin begged.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore." Jiyeon cried her voice quivering. "I'm not going to drag all of you down."

She wiped another tear from her eye as she took a step forward.

But she couldn't, she felt her knees buckle from underneath her.

She fell onto her knees staring at her members. Their pitiful gazes just affirming her that she was doing the right thing. She bowed her head towards the ground unable to face them anymore.

"I'm tired of it all. I just want you all to be happy." She sobbed.

They deserved happiness. They deserved better.

"Just trust me then." 

It wasn't her members this time. No this voice was all too familiar. 

She felt strong arms wrap around her shoulders. 

She opened her eyes looking up. It was him. Staring confidently at her. Completely different from the night before.

"I trust you, so I hope you'll trust me." He announced.

Jiyeon was speechless. Why was he here? How did he get in?

"He called us to stall for him." Hyomin revealed still standing with her other members. Reassured smiles on all of their faces now. 

Jiyeon felt herself melt once again in his tight embrace. Her head resting against his shoulder.

"Jiyeon please trust me. I know that people are going to stand up for you. I know that your true character, can't be hidden forever. So don't quit. Don't quit being an idol. It means so much to you." He whispered in a soothing voice.

Jiyeon couldn't respond. The sobs tearing from inside her. She couldn't explain how happy she felt.

Yet how devestated she felt. 

This was the only way. She knew this was the only way.

"I know what you did for me. I don't know everything, but thank you." He revealed, clutching her even tighter. "Thank you. I'm so thankful. So please don't give up either."

How did he know? Jiyeon hadn't told anyone but Inna unnie. Had she told him?

"Jiyeon, I told you I had a lot to tell you right?" He repeated the question from the night before.

"Yes." She choked out between sobs.

"I'll never stop loving you, idol or not. But I'm afraid. I don't want you to stop loving yourself." His voice, there was something about it. 

It made her doubt everything. It made her call into question whether she was right or not. 

"That's why I wanted to stay away from you. I was afraid I'd end up hurting you."

Jiyeon nodded against his shoulder.

"Trust me when I say things will get better." He assured her. "But if you give up now, it'll only hurt me more."

Jiyeon knew she could no longer argue.

"I trust you." 

...

"So you're really her boyfriend?" Jiyeon's member Eunjung repeated her question again.

"Yes." Daniel nodded again after closing the door to his passenger seat, Jiyeon resting inside.

All of her members were now surrounding them as Daniel turned to face them.

"Thank you. Thank you for helping me today." Daniel bowed to show his gratitude. 

He wasn't sure what to think when he had called Hyomin, begging her to stop Jiyeon. But seeing all of her members together made him realize he had made the right choice. They all cared about her just as much as he did.

"No, thank you for telling us about it. We really had no idea... I can't imagine how much she's been suffering up until now." Qri expressed tears still in her eyes.

"Just promise us you'll take good care of her." Hyomin requested.

"I promise, I haven't done a good job lately, and I know I have many flaws. But I love her and I want her to be happy." 

They all nodded in agreement at his final statement.

There was a moment of silence before Soyeon interrupted. "Wow, I'm still hurt Jiyeon never told us she had such a handsome boyfriend."

"I knew." Hyomin shot her hand up proudly. "I guess she loves me the most."

Immediately the rest of her members all placed her in a headlock giving threatening glares.

"And you never thought to tell us?" Eunjung grumbled.

Daniel grinned at the playfullness of her members. Somehow despite how bleak everything looked for T-ara. 

He knew. He knew things would work out.

Lies never lasted. 

"I'll be going then." Daniel bowed one last time.

"If you hurt her again, I'll kill you myself." Boram gave him one last threatening glare. 

"Please do that. It'll keep me accountable." Daniel chuckled before climbing into his car.

He turned to see her resting against the seat. Her eyes closed, a weary expression on her face.

He was about to caress her cheek, when he noticed the menacing glares of all of her members all lined up outside his car. He quickly started the engine and drove away. Waiving goodbye to them as he wondered how anyone could hate them.

"What were you talking about with them?" Jiyeon inquired clearly not asleep.

"They told me they'd murder me if I ever hurt you again." Daniel answered sneaking glances at her as he drove them towards his apartment.

"Let's go to my apartment." She answered. 

"Huh?" 

"I don't have any spare clothes at yours anymore." She explained blushing.

"Of course."

… 2.15.2017

Korea digest: Former T-ara Member Ahreum reveals photos of threatening texts to her from Ryu Hyoyoung during July concerts. This comes after messages from former employees speaking out against Hwayoung and defending T-ara’s Jiyeon.

SOOMPI: Truth behind T-ara’s bullying scandal: former employees speak about it

February 15th, 2017

After yesterday’s broadcast of Hwayoung and Hyoyoung on Entertainment Today, we went to bed thinking a certain way about T-ara especially its Maknae Park Jiyeon. This morning we were surprised by a large forthcoming of former T-ara managers, stagehands, and former makeup artists all fighting in T-ara’s defense citing that it was the ex-member who caused many grievances. The following message was uploaded to a popular message forum.

“After working for T-ara as an assistant manager for 2 years I can confidently say that what member Hwayoung implied is false. T-ara while having many internal issues, were largely from Hwayoung. She was constantly disrespectful to the other members and went out of her way to be negative towards Park Jiyeon. Finally, everything snapped the day of the July 22nd concert. I followed the T-ara through the whole scandal and can confirm everything I say is true. Hwayoung after a large argument wasn’t being careful and tripped. She immediately blamed it aloud to T-ara’s Jiyeon and that caused some misunderstanding. While the doctors found nothing wrong with Hwayoung’s ankle the member continued to be difficult for other managers and the members, refusing to practice and selling an injury that was nothing more than a small sprain. She cursed out me and another manager as we tried to provide for her needs. After a rough Japan concert we left back to Seoul and during the show the entire team was through with Hwayoung’s antics. There was another fight and she left the team cold and dry. I am revealing this now, because I am not ok with the kind of mistreatment and bullying that T-ara is receiving. The members especially Jiyeon are kind hearted people who have suffered a lot from this. Jiyeon even asked her manager to write me a recommendation letter when MBK was forced to lay off several managers with T-ara’s downfall. If you’re reading this Jiyeon-si I hope you know that you don’t deserve the hate you are receiving.”

Though this was the first message to be posted, the forum exploded as several other former managers backed up her words. Many jumped to defend T-ara’s Jiyeon stating that the bullying had: gotten out of hand. Netizens were dismayed by the sudden out-roar as their token scapegoat was defended so heavily. 

Later, former T-ara member Ahreum joined the conversation. She revealed to Korea Digest messages citing that Hwayoung’s sister after the arguments in Japan had started threatening the young Ahreum and that was the final straw for Hwayoung’s removal when she refused to apologize.

Today netizens have taken a full 180 on T-ara. After receiving so many hate messages from netizens calling her a liar, the former member Hwayoung and Hyoyoung removed their social medias. Forums flocked enraged at the deception that had taken place, several Dramas suddenly dropped her from their casts. On instagram and twitter #sorryJiyeon and #sorryT-ara has started to trend as fans began to apologize in several ways. 

We at SOOMPI want to apologize directly to T-ara for posting and advocating of any negative press towards them. I am deeply regretful for this, and will be cheering for Jiyeon as she hopefully makes a return.

////////////////////

Top Comments:

“I’ve been saying this for so long and no one listened. There was no evidence of Jiyeon’s bullying besides a few flimsy sources. Now that the damage has already been done people are apologizing? MBK I’m disappointed that you didn’t try harder to reveal the truth.”

“I’m sorry Jiyeon. OMG I can’t believe I was so mean to be honest. I regret everything I said about you before. I hope you be happy unnie fighting!”

“I feel so sad. I can’t believe all the things that T-ara had to go through because of this scandal for us to find out it wasn’t there fault this whole time. It’s horrible. I am literally crying because I’m sorry Jiyeon!"

"Everyone crying out now is so fake. Just a few hours ago you commented calling her a bully. I'm so ashamed to be here reading these stupid apologies."

...

"Wake up sleepy head." She heard a gentle voice call. 

She wondered if it was a dream.

"Jiyeon-a." 

She cracked her eyes open slightly and a rush of light filled her peripherals. 

Then as she slowly adjusted her eyes to the light she noticed a handsome face staring down towards her.

"Oppa." She cooed feeling content with the portrait in front of her. 

If this lasted forever. She'd be fine.

"Jiyeon-a aren't you hungry?" He asked. His hand gently caressing her cheek.

She nodded her head. But felt her back completely absorbed in the comortable mattress. She didn't want to get up.

"I'm tired." She complained using her childish voice.

Daniel hovered his face closer to hers before grinning. "I see. I guess I'll have to bring breakfast to you then." 

Jiyeon smiled thinking about breakfast in bed. After 8 years of either skipping breakfast or eating a piece of fruit left on the counter. Looking forward to breakfast felt like such a luxury. One that he provided.

He disappeared for a few minutes. Before returning, the aroma of something delicious giving away his presence.

He walked over towards her and stood up several pillows to prop her up. She leaned against them, sitting up now as she stared at the tray that had been set beside them. 

An omellete, rice, and some type of soup. 

"Did I have any ingrediants in my fridge?" Jiyeon wondered aloud as Daniel picked up a spoon full of food and held it towards .

Daniel shook his head. Did that mean he went out and bought ingrediants?

Jiyeon giggled. "I can eat myself."

Daniel shook his head once again. "No, today, you're just my little patient." 

Jiyeon pouted her lips staring at the spoon, but unable to resist the tempting food quickly engulfed the contents. 

"Good Jiyeon." He patted her on the head condescendingly. 

If he wasn't such a good cook. Jiyeon swore she would've protested. But everything just tasted so good, she couldn't resist playing along to his childish antics.

She stared hungrily at the next spoonful of food he had gathered. Her head leaning forward for the utensil that was just barely out of reach. 

"Close your eyes." He ordered.

Jiyeon glared at him.

"Please." He begged. 

She gave in. Closing her eyes. She leaned forward just a little more stretching her neck towards where she knew the spoon was.

However, instead of the silver utensil. She met his lips. A warm kiss that made her reopen her eyes. 

"Thank you." He expressed lovingly as he pulled away.

"Why?" Jiyeon inquired.

"Just because." He answered goofily. 

"Just because?" 

"Because I'm thankful." Daniel finally reached the spoon forward towards her lips.

Jiyeon opened  still curious why he had said that.

"Thanks for not giving up." 

Jiyeon almost spat out the food she had just eaten. 

He revealed his phone from behind him. There was another article clearly on the screen.

Jiyeon shook her head. She didn't want to look. There was never good news.

"Trust me." He assured her. "Trust me this is good news."