Chapter 9

Seoul High School for the Gifted

"I know you probably don't feel comfortable with staying here when there's someone else in the dorm," Aidan started, playing with his fingers. It was his fifth session with Jina and he already picked up a few things about her. He learned she didn't really like the whole classroom setting or being around peopleso they moved the tutoring sessions to her dorm. "So I was thinking that we could probably study in the courtyard or something."

He was facing away from her since he still hadn't learned how to talk to her while looking at her straight in the eyes but out of the corner of his eyes he thought he saw her look up with a little sparkle in her eyes but maybe he was just imagining things because the second he looked back, she had that same emotionless mask on.
 
"Okay." She plainly stated. They got up to leave but Aidan noticed that Jina left her school bag behind and instead brought her guitar and her notebook, her essentials.
 
"Aren't you going to bring those to study?" He pointed at her books that were sprawled across the floor. Jina shook her head. She didn't really care about academics because, truthfully, she was tired of it because ever since she was a little kid her parents pushed it onto her even thought she wasn't really good at it. 
 
Aidan nodded in understanding. He wasn't really interested in academics either although he was a Math and Science nerd. He was only doing it for his dad and because he was good at it.
 
The walk to the courtyard was silent. Neither of them talked in general anyway so it was sort of expected. In fact, the two were used to it. Even in the tutoring sessions, they wouldn't really talk. Most of it was Aidan pointing at things she did wrong and showing her how to do it correctly. Every once in a while she would have a question but that was rare.
 
"So," Aidan finally breaking the silence. "What are we going to work on first? How about logarithms? You haven't got that down yet and I heard you're having a test on that soon so-"
 
"I'm just going to play my guitar." She sat down on the base of a tree with her guitar on her lap. Aidan eyed her a little. Did she really just confess to ditching his class in front of his face? "I'd prefer it if you left."
 
Aidan slowly stood up to walk away but when she thought he turned the corner, he stuck around, hoping to get a peak. He heard about how Jina was a composer and a great musician but never actually heard her play himself. 
 
He watched her curiously as she expertly strummed the guitar as if she had played all her life, which he guessed she probably did. He knew music was a big part of her so she had to have been good. Even the fact that she got accepted to SHSFTG spoke for itself.
 
The tune (<----- click it XD) that came out was melodious.
 
사 랑해서는 안돼. 다가가서도 안돼. 다른 사람 곁에 있는 너니까.     (can't love you, I can't even approach you because you're next to someone else)
귀 를 막아버리고, 눈을 감아버리고, 내 마음을 모두 가둬버렸어.     (I block my ears, I close my eyes. My heart is completely imprisoned)
바보같은 내 맘 망가져도 괜찮아. 너 하나만 행복할 수 있다면,     (Even if my foolish heart breaks, it's ok. If I can only be happy with you)
근데 혹시라도 그녀와 헤어지기를, 못된 기대 점점 커져가는데     (But my wicked anticipation for your potential breakup with her keeps getting bigger)
가슴 터질것 같아. 더는 참을 수 없어. 니가 너무 보고싶어.     (I think my heart will burst. I can't hold it in anymore. I really miss you)
숨이 차오르게 거릴 헤매다 어느새 너의 집앞까지 온거야.     ( Suddenly I've come to your front door. I'll just go look for a minute)
잠깐 보고만 갈게 .몰래 지켜만 볼게. 근데 자꾸 눈물이나.     (I'll just secretly watch over you but my tears keep flowing)
고장난 눈물이 멈추지 않아. 너의 모습 볼수도 없게     (My messed-up tears won't stop. I can't even see you)
 
"Yeah," Aidan thought. "She was good, better than I expected." Then he realized, she never opened her notebook until now. He looked over to see her scribbling furiously on the paper. Had she really just spontaneously composed that now?
 
--
 
Haneul rubbed her eyes, not being able to open them otherwise. She found herself lying on her bed in her room. She never questioned how she got there. She knew it was probably one of the unnis or MinJung who brought her here.
 
Actually, it probably wasn't Melody. Melody was the one who gave her the chocolate. She knew it was a bad idea to eat it but she really couldn't resist. It was chocolate and who could resist chocolate? That would mean doing the impossible.
 
She felt a headache coming on and reached up to clutch her forehead, trying to suppress the pain but it did nothing. She decided it was best to get some painkillers from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.
 
She was laying down on the left side that was next to the wall. The entire time she was facing it so in order to get off the bed, she had to roll to her other side.
 
"Holy crap!" LeeTeuk, who was sleeping soundly next to her immediately jolted to sit up and then fell off the bed, hitting his on the floor hard. Haneul looked down at their bodies, taking a sigh of relief that their clothes were still on.
 
"What the hell was that for?" He yelled out, rubbing his to let the pain subside. His eyes still weren't adjusted to the light so he had to blink a few times before her could clearly see.
 
"What," Haneul took a few breaths to calm down, wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump to conclusions no matter how wrong the situation seemed. "What are you doing here?"
 
"I was," LeeTeuk paused for a minute, trying to remember exactly why he was in her room. He scratched his head when it wouldn't think because apparently when he slept, his brain turned off and it needed a few moments to start up again.
 
"You don't know why you were sleeping next to me on my bed?" She was dumbfounded, her eyes as big as golf balls. Sleeping on someone else's bed is not really something you would forget unless it was something you did often.
 
Did LeeTeuk find himself in these situations often?
 
"Umm, hold on." LeeTeuk looked to the back of his mind, searching though the deepest corners of his brain until he found his "Ah-ha!" moment. "I remember now!" His finger was pointing up in the air like a scientist that just said "Eureka!"
 
"And?" Haneul waited for him to give her an answer but he just gave her a questioning look.
 
"And?" Haneul eyes him, giving a motion to keep going. "Oh, yea! So, you crashed from you sugar rush so I brought you here." Haneul's mouth formed an "o" but then her eyebrows furrowed because his answer just led to more questions.
 
"But how did you know this was my dorm? Did the unnis or MinJung tell you? And that still doesn't explain why you were on my bed! Why were you sleeping next to me? And-"
 
"Shush! Let me finish! Gosh, you talk a lot." He teased but she pouted, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "Okay, so I forgot to ask them so basically I was wandering around the entire dorm area until I found your roommate and she led me here. Speaking of your roommate, you live with the emo girl? Don't you feel threatened or scared at all? She doesn't do any like weird witchcraft stuff or she doesn't do drugs, right? Man, I feel sorry for you. Anyway, I fell asleep here because apparently when I put you on your bed, you probably thought I was a teddy bear or something because you started hugging me and you would't ket go. At. All."
 
"Che." Haneul scoffed. "And you say I talk a lot. How about you?" LeeTeuk chuckled a bit and walked over to her, patting her back.
 
"I never said I didn't talk a lot, now did I, yeppeo?" Haneul rolled her eyes at the nickname. She found it really cheesy and gross but she didn't bother to say anything because she knew he wouldn't stop.
 
"Whatever. And Jina unni is not emo! She doesn't do witchcraft or drugs! Where did you even hear that? She's just really quiet and she doesn't like talking to people." Haneul didn't like it when people spoke like that about Jina. Jina was just misunderstood and she hated it when people were so judgmental.
 
"Uh-huh." LeeTeuk said doubtfully. "I just repeat what everyone else says."
 
"Whatever." 
 
"Anyway," LeeTeuk took a seat next to Haneul on the bed, wrapping his arm around her shoulders so he could pull her close. "Was I a comfy teddy bear?"
 
"Yah!" A blush became apparent on her cheeks and she turned away to hide it before hitting him playfully. "Shut up."
 
--
 
"Just don't be late next time, okay?" ShinYoung gave a nod to her boss before walking out of the worker's lounge to take people's orders. 
 
She had made it ten minutes late to work, no thanks to WooHyun, but she didn't want to blame him. Technically, it was his hyung's fault, too, not to mention her's for leaving her uniform back at the dorm.
 
"ShinYoung unni, you missed it!" ShinYoung saw the other waitress in the cafe she worked with run up to her after she finished taking one of her customers' order. "There was this guy and he had the sickest mustache ever! I asked him if I could touch it but he just gave me a weird look and then left."
 
"Yah!" ShinYoung playfully hit her shoulder. "You made us lose a customer!" She laughed at the her. Xui Yei-Soo was a one old ShinYoung's friends from her old school. They knew each other since Yei-Soo moved to Seoul from China a few years back.
 
"But you have to admit, if you saw a customer with a really cool mustache, you would have to touch it. I mean, who doesn't want to touch some guy's mustache?"  
 
ShinYoung thought about it for while and realized that she probably would ask to touch the guy's mustache, not to mention ask if she could take a picture of it.
 
"You're right." She gave in. "Whatever. I got to serve this guy. Hold on." ShinYoung made her way to the table that a guy wearing the SHSFTG uniform sat, taking his order quickly, but not rushed, so that she could get back to her conversation with Yei-Soo but still not act rude towards the customer.
 
"Pwahahahaha!" ShinYoung heard that laugh before. It seemed all too familiar. She turned towards the door to greet the customers only to be met with a familiar sight. "I can't believe you fell for that again!"
 
"Mel? Falcon?" The two figures turned from each other to the voice that called out to them. Their eyes met and the two were as shocked a ShinYoung was.
 
"My other half! I missed you!" MinJung came running, engulfing the tiny ShinYoung in a huge bear hug, not wanting to let go. SHe felt so empty without her other half next to her.
 
"I missed you, too." ShinYoung laughed, hugging her back slightly. "But it's only been about a half an hour. You really missed me that much?"
 
"Psh! Of course! I'm only half here without you! Plus, Mel unni gets kind of annoying when she does so many pranks and I swear I can still hear her laughing even though she's not anymore." MinJung nuzzled her face into the older's shoulder before turning around and sticking her tongue out at Melody.
 
"Yah! I'm your unni! You can't talk about me like-"
 
"And unni has a boyfriend!" MinJung added, running away to hide behind ShinYoung before Melody could attack her like the devil she was.
 
"Really?" ShinYoung asked curiously for confirmation, getting an excited nod from MinJung. "D'awwwww! That's so adorable! How does he look? Is he cute?"
 
"Yah! I don't have a boyfriend!" Melody pouted, earning more awws and coos from the other two girls for her aegyo that she was oh so good at doing.
 
"Hiya! I'm Yei-Soo!" Yei-Soo came after she finished preparing her customer's order. "ShinYoung unni has a boyfriend too!" ShinYoung's eyes widened.
 
"I have a what?"
 
"Oh!" MinJung joined in. "Are you talking about her roommate that sings really nice and has all the muscles and the six-pack that he shows off everywhere?" MinJung came out from her hiding spot behind ShinYoung to get closer to Yei-Soo.
 
"Yeah! That guy! ShinYoung unni won't stop talking about him! It's always WooHyun this, WooHyun that and-"
 
"Hold on, since when did I ever talk about WooHyun?" ShinYoung had her hands on her hips and her eyebrows furrowed, a sight that was very rare.
 
"Unni, don't you have to serve that customer over there? He's been waiting for his order for like, forever." Yei-Soo sneakily got out of the situation. ShinYoung groaned and then walked away to the kitchen.
 
"Asa! Now we can talk about unni's boyfriend!" MinJung looked over at the guy ShinYoung was serving and recognized him as a Performing Arts major in SHSFTG except he was in Cho Miryo seonsaengnim's rapping class.
 
"Wait, I think I know that guy," She walked over to the blonde head of hair to find the guy bobbing his head to the music playing on his iPod.
 
"Annyeong! You're Choi Zelo, right?" He took off his headphones and paused the music on his iPod before responding.
 
"Yea." He smiled at her shyly while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, earning a suspicious glance from Melody.
 
"Did you see that?" Melody nudged Yei-Soo hoping she would catch on. "He totally likes her."
 
"I have to go. I have class in ten minutes and Cho seonsaengnim locks you out if you don't get there on time." He got up to leave but on his way to the door, he walked into a table.
 
"Smooth." Yei-Soo whispered to Melody who held in a small chuckle. He was hopeless at acting cool.
 
"Annyeong!" MinJung waved and then walked back to where the other two were sitting to join in on their conversation.
 
"What was that about, huh?" Melody dongsaeng while moving her eyebrows suggestively.
 
"What was what?" MinJung asked, confused as to what they were implying.
 
"You know." Yei-Soo said with a smirk printed permanently on her face.
 
"Wait, where's my customer?" ShinYoung came out of the kitchen with a strawberry banana smoothie and a slice of chocolate cake in her hands.
 
"He left." Melody said.
 
"Oh, okay. Wait, what?"
 
--
 
KyuHyun came back to the dorm with a huge smile on his face. His stomach was completely full and he probably wouldn't be able to eat any of that healthy crap JaeSun would make for dinner.
 
The lights to the dorm were still off when KyuHyun entered meaning no one was home yet. He assumed Aidan was still in his tutoring session and JaeSun, being the health freak he was, was probably out exercising or something like that.
 
"I've been expecting you." The lights by themselves and KyuHyun saw JaeSun sitting neatly on one of the sofa chairs that faced the door with a stern face.
 
"Hyung," He jumped back a little at the sudden appearance, clutching his chest to try to make his heart rate go back down. "You scared me." 
 
"You're late." JaeSun had his arms across his chest and the usual smile that adorned his face was replaced with a deadpan, showing no emotion whatsoever, but the tone of his voice made it obvious that he was mad and slightly disappointed.
 
"Huh?" KyyHyun gave confused look before walking towards his room for a nap. A good nap was always nice after a yummy meal. "I have no idea what you were talking about."
 
"We were going to go running right after class, at two o' clock. It's five now." KyuHyun froze before walking the rest of the distance to his room.
 
"Whatever. I didn't want to go anyway." He closed his bedroom door and changed his clothes to his more comfortable dorm-wear before lying down in his bed.
 
"Yah! You can't sleep now! If you sleep too much than you're going to oversleep and wake up even more tired-" JaeSun sniffed the air, realizing another scent was in their room, a scent that wasn't usually there. 
 
"Shut up! Stop nagging! You're not my umma!" KyuHyun yelled from behind the door. These types of exchanges were normal. At first the people in the other dorms got annoyed and even knocked on their door to tell them to shut up but when they wouldn't, they eventually gave up and let the three guys just yell their heads off.
 
"You ate ramyun, didn't you?" JaeSun finally figured out what the smell was. He took one more good whiff. "It was spicy ramyun, and you didn't get chicken. You ate beef, right?"
 
"What the hell? How did you figure out? Whatever. I don't care anymore. You can't control what I eat." KyuHyun gave one last yell before tucking himself into his bed and putting his headphones in his ears trying to drown out JaeSun's screams with the music from his iPod.
 
"Kim Kyuhyun! You better come out now before I come crashing down your door." JaeSun had to admit, he did sound a lot like an umma. He was met with a silence before he began counting down. "Three, two, ONE!"
 
JaeSun came running at the door, pulling it from its hinges, making it and him fall flat on the floor. KyuHyun jumped up from his position facing the wall to sit up.
 
"What the hell? Dude, you just broke my door!" It was KyuHyun's turn to get angry. He was tired of JaeSun's nagging all the time. It was, as KyuHyun would say, so freaking annoying.
 
"I warned you. Plus, you desr-"
 
"Dude! You broke my door! How am I supposed to get any privacy now? That door," KyuHyun pointed at the doorway that was now doorless. "Marked my territory."
 
"You're not. I'll take your door away and you'll get it back when you promise you won't eat anymore junk food and that we'll go running tomorrow." KyuHyun collapsed back onto the bed.
 
"Fine." He groaned. "I'll do it. Just fix my door." KyuHyun agreed but had no intentions of keeping his word. He would never, and I mean never give up junk food.

Hello my lovely readers! <3
 
Hehe. My tummy is all happy because I'm eating a sandwich... but don't worry! It's a healthy sandwich. We're learning about nutrition in Health class and my teacher said it was best to eat more fruits and vegetables so I'm eating a vegetarian snadwich!
 
Anyways, back to the story. Just a heads up I may or may not be able to update next week since I have an English paper to do. If it becomes really overwhelming then I'm probably not going to update but if I finish it early then I will. Sigh... school. I hate it.
 
IMPORTANT NOTE! I made a huge mistake in the last chapter. The part with LeeTeuk and Hanuel was supposed to be after the part with Aidan and Amber and the other one with Jina and JaeSun which explains why Jina and Aidan were on their way to her dorm. I'm sorry if that confused anyone.
 
Ah! The new girl is Twiillaa! She's been sticking around for a while so here's her cameo. She's probably going to show up other times like when there are scenes in the cafe so look out for her! Say hi! (And be nice <3)
 
DID ANYONE SEE POWER BY B.A.P.? OHMIGOSH DAEHYUN!!!!!! SPAZZ SPAZZ SPAZZ SPAZZ! DAEHYUN SO SMEXY!!!!!!
Sigh... I feel guilty that I'm spazzing over DaeHyun when I have a perfectly fine hubby in YoungSaeng. But I am NOT cheating on YoungSaeng. I'm just admiring how y DaeHyun's body and voice are. YoungSaeng will forever be my hubby. <3
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: LOL LeeTeuk = Fail at acting cool XD
We'll see about that. Maybe I'll get JaeSun or her unnis to take all her sugar away from her FOREVER.... MWAHAHAHAHA... Hah... Hah... Ha.
 
@KimKyuHyun: LeeTeuk is NOT cool XD LOL
Hehe... I made you suffer...... NO MORE RAMYUN FOR YOU!
Hmmmm... I'll bring it up to the dorm advisors but I don't think there are any co-ed dorms left. Whomp. You're stcuk with JaeSun XD
 
@Twiillaa: YES! I pass by them, especially in Manhattan, and they're just staring in the sky and I'm just like "Dude, they're skyscrapers. Get over it and stop blocking the sidewalk." And they always ask me if they're on the right train or bus to go somewhere when they're a perfectly nice map right next to them.......... smh
 
@i_candie: Well ah duhhhh. They've been starved of junk food for forever!
Yah! Well... she might be. You'll see. But I don't eat that much... or do I? O_o
LOL I love it when JungMin wakes up XD. So violent. Like the time in TYFWUS he was abusing HyungJun XD.
I guess...
OMG HE MAKES SUCH AN ADORABLE STUDENT! Oh god. Oh god. I have to breath.... He looks like a little kid with his chubby cheeks and everything <3 
He's so different though. He's all talkative and not... himself.
No. If the media find out about this student-teacher relationship then they're going to trash the school and we're going to have to close down. Do you really want that to happen?
 
@secretseweet: JongHyun understands a little English in real life though, right? I know Key knows a lot from hanging out with Amber.
Jina is just being Jina. Just let her be. I can't even control her anymore. She's doing what she wants.
I feel bad for ShinYoung, though. She's stuck doing all the chores and I hate doing chores.
 
@Sherry_16: I'm still deciding if I ever want to give her sugar again. 
Actually, it's all up to Melody and if she wants to prank the other two like that again.
 
@dattebayo-go: Sigh. I could never live without junk food.
Haha. Imagine dorming with WooHyun and he walked around in a wife beater *dies*. But my bias is SungJong.
 
@TheRoyalCouple: LOL But he did get caught! Apparently, JaeSun has a really awesome nose.
Don't worry! More JaeKyu is coming!