Chapter 4

Seoul High School for the Gifted
Haneul waited patiently outside of Kwon seonsaengnim's classroom. SeonYul was still in there because Kwon seonsaengnim called to talk with her after class.
 
"I hope she's okay." She fiddled around with her fingers as seconds felt like hours to her. It was like they were talking in there for forever. Haneul didn't care if she was late to her next class. She just hoped that SeonYul wasn't in too much trouble. 
 
Finally, the door opened and SeonYul stepped out with a deadpan on her face. Haneul couldn't tell if she was happy or sad or mad or anything. She just stared into space.
 
"H-hey, are you okay?" Haneul nudged her a bit. "Don't worry, everything's going to be alright!" Haneul put a smile on her face. Truthfully, it felt weird to her that she kept a frown for so long. That just wasn't her. She felt so much more comfortable when her smile came back.
 
"Oh, yeah." SeonYul snapped out of her thoughts. She forced a smile on her face and looked at Haneul. "Thanks for sticking up for me back there."
 
"No probs." Haneul gave her a pat on the back. "I don't think I properly introduced myself. I'm Haneul." She put her hand out for her to shake. "And your SeonYul, right?"
 
"Well, yes and no." She shook Haneul's hand but Haneul just returned it with a confused expression. "Haha. SeonYul is my name but I like being called Melody. That's my English name."
 
"Ahhhh. Melody, well, nice to meet you, Melody." Haneul nodded in understanding. Their short introduction was followed by an awkward silence. They didn't really know what to say to each other until an idea struck Melody.
 
"Hey, what's that on your shirt?" Melody pointed at Haneul's part of her chest directly below her chin.
 
"Huh?" Haneul bent her head down to look when Melody moved her finger up to flick Haneul's forehead. "Yah!" Melody immediately ran away cracking up laughing. Haneul saw this and ran back after her laughing as well.
 
"Pwahahahahahaha! I can't believe you fell for that!" Melody was struggling to keep her balance as she was running and laughing at the same time. She quickly grew tired but didn't want to be caught by Haneu who wasn't far behind so she forced herself to keep going. She was out of breath when she tripped on her left foot and her legs became all tangled.
 
"Melody unni, watch out!" Haneul yelled but it was already too late. Melody was falling and she shut her eyes closed to brace herself for the impact on the floor.
 
She hit it, but surprisingly it wasn't hard like she imagined. Well, it was hard but it felt more like a person than the concrete. She slowly opened her eyes, only for them to be met with a blue cloth.
 
"Yah! Get off me!" A masculine voice yelled at her, but Melody was too in shock to respond. She stayed there, frozen. "You're not getting off? Fine then." The guy pushed her off him so she did fall on the hard path and, unfortunately, slightly scraped her knee.
 
"Yah! Kim JongHyun! You don't do that to a girl!" The guy, who Melody assumed to be JongHyun, rolled his eyes and dusted off his blue shirt on the places where Melody had touched. The other guy offered her a hand to get up, which Melody gladly accepted.
 
"Are you okay?" He was so handsome. His eyes were so beautiful, they almost sparkled. It was amazing how pretty he was, it was almost inhuman.
 
"Ne!" She stood up. "Thank you." She gave a short bow. She heard a chuckle to her left so she looked for the source. It was none other than that JongHyun guy.
 
"Yah! You just pushed me off like that!" Haneul finally made her way to Melody only to find her in a fight with JongHyun.
 
"Well, you deserved it." He rolled his eyes for the nth time. Melody was starting to think that this guy was really annoying now. He was getting on her nerves and she wanted to slap him.
 
"Why you little-" Melody raised her arm to punch him when Haneul caught it just in time.
 
"H-hehe. I think it's time we go now." Haneul dragged Melody away, still struggling to get out of the younger's grip. Haneul may have been much, much shorter than the tall Melody, but she was also surprisingly stronger. 
 
When they were farther away from the two boys, Haneul let go but Melody was still fuming. "Why didn't you let me hit him?!" Melody had her eyes narrowed in the distance, hoping to find JongHyun there just so she could give him a piece of her mind.
 
"Don't bother, unni. He isn't worth it." Haneul waited a while for Melody to calm down again but whatever she tried, Melody still had her mind on finding ways to get back at JongHyun. "I know what would get your mind off things! We already missed most of second period so let's just ditch!"
 
--
 
MinJung and ShinYoung had hit it off nicely. It was like they were long lost sisters finally reuniting. It was as if they knew each other for forever. They were joking around with each other and teasing each other. Within the hour that they knew each other, they became inseparable.
 
"Okay so I was just all like 'That elephant looks really weird.' So I kept looking at it but then it got boring because it wasn't doing anything so I blew on it and it went 'KABOOOM!'" MinJung opened her arms out to put the motion of a huge explosion while ShinYoung was cracking up laughing at the elephant story. It went to a point where she had to catch herself from falling off the chair.
 
Everyone in the cafeteria was looking at them weirdly but they didn't care. The were ecstatic that they found their other half.
 
"Oh god." ShinYoung slung her arm around the other's shoulders as she tried to catch her breath. "That was hilarious."
 
"I have an idea! Okay, I used to do this all the time with my friends. I dare you to walk up to the next guy who comes here and jump on their back and when they ask you what you're doing, you have to give them a good look in the face and say 'Oh, I'm sorry. Wrong person.'" ShinYoung laughed at the idea then nodded to go along with it. 
 
The two eyed the door to the cafeteria carefully, waiting for the next person to come in. When it opened, a guy with a frown came in and ShinYoung's eyes widened.
 
"Y-yah! I can't do that to him! He looks like he could kill me!" She begged MinJung to take the dare back.
 
"But you have to! You already agreed to it!" MinJung pushed ShinYoung a little in his direction.
 
"Fine." Her shoulders slumped. She took one last look at MinJung who put a fist up and mouthed "Hwaiting!" She approached the guy and was about to jump on him when someone else interrupted her.
 
"KyuHyun!" Another guy called out to him from his table. The guy, who she assumed was KyuHyun didn't show any reaction to his "friend." This intimidated ShinYoung. If he treated his "friends" like that, how would he treat a complete stranger?
 
KyuHyun ignored the voice and kept walking. But he kept calling after him. "KyuHyun! KyuHyun! It's me, JaeSun, your roommate!"
 
KyuHyun put on a fake smile and turned around to answer. "Oh, JaeSun, annyeong! I'm sorry. I can't talk right now because I'm in a hurry so I have to go." JaeSun nodded in understanding then left. ShinYoung took a deep breath and looked back at MinJung she just waved her hand, motioning her to keep going.
 
"Okay, this is it." ShinYoung thought. She approached KyuHyun from behind and jumped up on him inducing a scream from him.
 
"Yah! What the hell? Who's on my back? Get off!" He pushed he off and luckily, she landed on her feet. She continued with the dare but running up to his front and taking a good look at him in the eyes.
 
"Oh!" She raised her hands up to . "I'm so sorry! Wrong person!" Then she ran away, her face completely red. She took her spot next to MinJung and buried her face into her back. "That was the most embarrassing thing ever. I'm so getting you back."
 
"Pwahahahaha." MinJung laughed hysterically, trying to keep her own balance while supporting ShinYoung up. "Unni, now that was funny."
 
"Your turn." ShinYoung narrowed her eyes at the younger. "I dare you to go up to the next person who comes here and hug them. Then you have to act like you knew them but haven't seen them for a long time."
 
"That's easy." MinJung said confidently but shrunk back down when she saw the next person come into the cafeteria. It was none other that Aidan Kang, the Aidan Kang, the most popular sophomore in the entire school. Following him was his hoard of fan girls swooning over him. Wait! But I can't! All his fan girls are going to kill me!" 
 
Secretly, ShinYoung felt a little guilty but she still wanted to get MinJung back.
 
"Okay. I can do it." She got up and was determined to do her dare. "Oppa!" MinJung ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his upped body.
 
"Yah! Don't touch oppa!" All the fan girls complained at their intimacy. Aidan kept a straight face but nothing could his the blush forming on his cheeks. He had never been this close to a girl before.
 
"Oppa! I haven't seen you in forever! Let's catch up later, okay?" Then, MinJung ran back to ShinYoung as fast as she could leaving Aidan with a completely confused look on her face. "I'm not doing that anymore." MinJung jumped up. ShinYoung eyed her suspiciously. Something didn't feel right. "I dare you to go up to the next guy that comes into the cafeteria and ask him out just for fun!" 
 
ShinYoung's eyes widened at the idea. She laughed awkwardly a the idea and just as she was about to say no, WooHyun walked in with a girl hanging on his arm.
 
"N-no I can't." And with that, ShinYoung ran out.
 
"Unni, wait!"
 
--
 
The school bell rung and Jina rushed out of class. She hated being stuck in the crowded classroom with over thirty other kids. It made her feel so uncomfortable. She completely preferred to be outside in the sun where she could relax and, most of all, be by herself.
 
She found a spot isolated from the other students eating lunch underneath a tree and leaned her guitar she carreid aroud all day on the tree trunk. It was on a hill overlooking the school campus. Just by sitting there, settled underneath the shade of a tree, her vision spanned from the music building, where the Musical Arts majors studied, to the Science and Math Labs, where the science and math nerds - I mean, Science and Math majors - studied, all the way to the basketball court on the other side of the campus.
 
She looked at the direction of the student dorms, directly in the middle of everything, and observed the students all socializing and laughing with each other. They looked so happy, so close to each other. It made her happy that they were happy but at the same time, something was pulling at her heart.
 
They were so happy, something she could never achieve. They were so close, they looked like they knew each other for forever, as it they were family, something she never had. Unconsciously, she started to feel jealous, jealous that she could never feel the same way they did.
 
Slowly, she began to strum her guitar and humming along. As started to dry up, she reached into her bag for something to drink. She found a bottle of milk and smiled when she remembered what else she had. She dug a little deeper and found a bag of chocolate chip cookies that she baked herself.
 
Cookies and milk, a pair that should never be separated. 
 
She bit into the cookie and smiled when the sweet sensation danced across her tongue. She savored the flavor but then scrunched up a little when the sweetness disappeared and turned slightly bitter. Then it hit her, she used bitter-sweet chocolate because she was out of milk chocolate. When she finished the cookie, she took a sip of milk. 
 
She looked at the cookies and lost her appetite. She didn't like how that mocked her. The cookies were just like her. She wanted to be happy, but whenever she tried, she just got hurt. She couldn't understand why her family could never accept her for who she was. She didn't like being hurt so she just drowned everything out. She leaned to control her emotion and numb out the pain. That's who she was now.
 
Jina decided it was time for her to get back to her guitar so she ran her fingers along the strings, listening to the melodious sound it made when her hands touched it.
 
"Hey, you're pretty good." She turned her head to find the same guy who was bother her during class. He walked up to her and sat next to her at the base of there tree so he could get shade,too.
 
"Go away. I don't want to talk to people right now." Jina insisted. She hated people who pushed themselves onto her. She found it completely and totally annoying. She knew she wasted to make friends somehow but making friends like this completely turned her off.
 
"Are these cookies?" Jina saw him reach into her bag of cookies and eat one before she could stop him. "These are amazing! You baked them?" His eyes widened as she gave a small nod.
 
Jina was confused as to why anyone was even interested in talking to her. Usually, people were turned off by her cold attitude, but he kept on insisting to befriend him.
 
JaeSun's reason was that something about her made him want to protect her, to understand why she acted the way she did. She reminded him of his sister, the way she acted strong on the outside but with one look in her eyes, he could tell she was innocent and pure. It bothered him that she kept pushing the world away,
 
"They're mine now." He jumped up holding the bag of cookies and climbed up the tree, smiling. He loved how her reaction to his teasing was almost exactly the same reaction as how his sister would have.
 
"Y-yah! Give those back!" She tried jumping up to grab his leg that was dangling off a branch but failed. He waited a few minutes until she grew tried and sat back down at the base of the tree. He hopped back off, but unfortunately, he didn't see the bottle of milk resting there so his foot kicked it over, spilling all its contents on Jina's beloved guitar and notebook.
 
"Crap." He thought. "I just blew it, didn't I?"
 
"Yah!" She yelled at him. Frantically, she picked the bottle up, hoping no more would spill but it was too late because there was nothing left in it. She held her notebook, fanning it in the air, hoping that the precious lyrics she wrote in it wouldn't smudge. "Look what you did now?" 
 
"I-I'm sorr-"
 
"Save it. Just go away."

HELLO EVERYBODY~~~~~~~~~~!

Hehehe... now time to update you guys on what I'm eating... I'm eating bulgogi! Haha I made it for dinner last night and I got hungry so I decided to eat some now...yummmmmm

Yay! No stress this week! Well, not really since I have exams all next week... sigh I really hate school.

And obviously, I decided that I will update one longer chapter on the weekends because right now I don't have time to do it during the weekdays... CURSE YOU SCHOOL!!!!! Dx

OMG SHUT UP FLOWER BOY BAND ENDED AND EYE CANDY DISBANDED... BUT THAT WAS STILL AN AWESOME ENDING!!! AND DREAM HIGH 2 FINISHED BUT I DIDN'T GET TO SEE WOOYOUNG Dx

BOOM SHAKALAKA!

@Twiillaa: Awww really? That's never happened to me... I end up being the teacher's pet but not intentioally. My teachers just naturally like me... I don't know why but they just do.

@KimKyuHyun: BoA FTW~! Haha you got it! I was wondering if anyone would figure out what song that was.

@secretseweet: LOL It is awkward, isn't it? But I think now they're not as awkward as before.

@TheBestOfKpop: We'll see more BoA later...
YES! CHOCLATE!!!! I swear chocolate is THE BEST creation man has ever made <3

@SuperJuniorfan13: Kekeke... BoA... sigh She's just too awesome for the kids XD.
YOU LUCKY SHARE YOUR COOKIES PLEASE AND I WILL SHARE MY BULGOGI!

@i_candie: Hey! But I'm the head of the school! Does that mean you're going to chew my ears off? I might have you expelled! LOL jk XD.
Saengie has a voice like an angel. I have his album and I'm constantly listening to it... FIND is always on repeat in my iPod, too.
You're welcome! I love CN Blue but my bias in MinHyuk.Did you hear their song "Still Not in Love"?
The lyrics were 2NE1's "Hate You" XD