Chapter 23

Seoul High School for the Gifted

The big storm blew over and after a few more hours of having no electricity, the staff finally managed to find the key to the generator and turn it on. By the next day, power was restored completely and the school didn’t have to depend on the old generator for electricity anymore.

 
However, Headmaster Lee called all the students into the auditorium for an assembly. The students chatted along, wondering why they were there instead of their normal classes, but they weren’t complaining. They would rather fall asleep during the assembly than attend class.
 
“Why do you think Headmaster Lee called a sudden assembly?” MinJung nudged KyuHyun on his side a bit. KyuHyun returned with a simple glance then looked back away to his phone where he was furiously trying to kill all the creepers that were invading his house. His tongue started protruding out of the side of his mouth when the creepers started killing him.
 
KyuHyun sat at the end of the row. Next to him were MinJung, then JaeSun, then Jina, then Aidan, then Amber, then Haneul, and then three other random people. MinJung didn’t like the fact that Haneul was so far away from her but there was nothing she could do about it. Haneul came late so the only available seat was next to Amber. MinJung didn’t mind sitting next to JaeSun, though.
 
Haneul woke up late that morning. She didn't even remeber how she got into her bed or how she got to the dorm. She didn't even remeber it when Aidan asked her what she did after she escaped from the bathroom. She never remembered going into the bathroom. All last night was a blur so no one will ever know what she did that night.
 
Sitting behind JaeSun was JongHyun, who only sat there because MyunSoo, who was next to him, wanted to sit next to Melody. Next to Melody sat ShinYoung and then WooHyun who was a little grumpy because he wanted to sit in the back but, being the “good roommate” he decided to be, complied with ShinYoung.
 
“Oppa, did you hear me?” MinJung nudged KyuHyun again who scrunched up his nose. “Yah! Oppa!” She was a little frustrated and you could tell because her angry aegyo came out. She pushed KyuHyun this time really hard and KyuHyun watched in horror as his phone slipped out of his hands and came crashing down to the floor.
 
“Yah! I was playing Mindcraft! Did you not see me playing?” He picked up his phone and brushed it as if it was the most precious thing in the world before inspecting for new scratches that the fall might have brought. He found none, however, his face twisted in anger when he looked at the screen. “Yah! I was battling some other dude here and you made me lose!”
 
A small chuckle was heard behind him and the two looked there to find the source only to see Yuri a few rows back laughing hysterically because she couldn’t hold it in anymore. When she realized that KyuHyun saw her, she showed her the screen of her iPhone that also had the familiar battleground of the terrain KyuHyun was playing on. “Better luck next time, old man.”
 
KyuHyun grumbled a bit more and then Yuri stuck her tongue out. He looked like he could walk up there and snap Yuri’s small body like a toothpick if he wanted to but with the teachers walking up and down the aisles, it would be impossible. MinJung looked away so that she wouldn’t get involved in their little dispute.
 
“Oppa,” MinJung nudged JaeSun on the side when she turned to her right. JaeSun was just staring blankly at the stage like he didn’t want to be there. In fact, it seemed like no one wanted to be there but then again at least they got to skip class. “Do you know why we were called here?”
 
“Huh?” He turned to her. “Oh well, I don’t. Mianhae.” He shrugged a bit and then MinJung blew up her cheeks. JaeSun chuckled a bit because she looked like a squirrel with nuts stuffed in its mouth.
 
“Fine, then can you go and ask Haneul?” JaeSun gave him a “seriously?” look and then looked back to where Haneul was, all the way down the row. MinJung gave him a “really?” look. “You’re so lazy and stupid. Just ask Jina to pass it along.”
 
“Fine.” JaeSun complied. He tapped Jina in the ribs making her flinch and give out a little yelp so when she turned to face him, she gave him a little glare as well. “Umm, MinJung is asking Haneul why we’re here. Just pass it along.” He said quickly so he could turn away and not have to feel Jina’s glare anymore.
 
“Yah.” Jina lightly elbowed Aidan still staring at the stage in front of her. There was no response from Aidan. “Yah.” She tried again. A little irked that he wasn’t listening, she turned to him and found that he was chatting away with Amber. “Yah!” She hit him in the head this time and his clutched the back of his head while turning around with his mouth in an o shape, his eyes wincing in pain. “MinJung is asking Haneul why she thinks we’re here. Pass it on.”
 
“Whatever.” He growled and then turned to Amber. His head was still throbbing and he could feel the blood pulsing to the area he got hit. He rubbed it a bit and Amber noticed it when she turned back from her little conversation with Haneul. She leaned over and inspected the spot and he winced again. “Oh.” He remembered. “MinJung is asking Haneul why she has a ..eard.” He mumbled just because he wasn’t completely sure what Jina said.
 
“Oh, okay.” Amber was a little unsure and made a mental not to get a chuck up for her ears later because she didn’t know what Aidan said. She turned to Haneul and then hesitated a bit before saying anything. “Ah well, ummm MinJung is asking why you have a beard?” It came out more of a question then a statement and Haneul sat there frozen for a bit before getting up with her eyebrows scrunched together.
 
“Yah! LeeMinJung!” She called out attracting the attention of the people sitting around them. MinJung looked up, wondering why she heard Haneul’s voice yelling at her. “I don’t have a beard! How can you even say that? You know I’m pretty much like a hairless cat! You know I don’t even have any armpit hair, much less a beard!”
 
“Yah! Sora Haneul!” MinJung yelled back but felt a little too lazy to stand up so she stayed seated. “I never said you had a beard! I was asking if you knew why we were here!” Haneul slowly went back down to her seat. Aidan and Amber turned away, feeling a little guilty that the scene before them was pretty much their fault.
 
“Shut up!” Melody whisper-yelled behind them. “We’re starting soon.” Everyone turned to the stage and found Headmaster Lee tapping the microphone on the podium in the middle and then signaling to the people in the sound booth to increase the volume because there was no sound coming out. Everyone else in the auditorium fell silent.
 
“Good morning students, teachers, and staff.” She started out reading from the note card she set onto the podium. “I want to thank you for coming here early today and I would like to apologize for cutting into your class time. However, I will be making some announcements that will affect everyone on campus.
 
“Last night, during the storm, as everyone knows there was a black out and we had to resort to using the backup generator for electricity. However, as I’m sure your floor supervisors notified you, the key to the generator room went missing, keeping us from gaining access to the generator.
 
“Now, the key was found in the student courtyard, hidden underneath the hedges that lined the perimeter. Since teachers are not allowed in the student courtyard, we have deduced that it was a student who stole the key. We do not know who he or she may be or the motive behind the theft. If anyone has any information behind this please come and tell us because it is a serious offense and theft will not be tolerated at this school nor will assisting the thief.
 
“As a result of this and to prevent any of this from happening again, we will become stricter with how we enforce the rules. There will be a new rule regarding students of the opposite gender in the girls and boys dorms. Boys will not be allowed in the girls’ dorm and girls will not be allowed in the boys’ dorms after seven o’ clock in the evening. A new curfew will be created as well. All students must be in their dorm by nine o’ clock in the evening.
 
“Students will also not be allowed in the teachers’ offices without the teachers there, not even to check if the teachers are in there. We will create a new system that notifies the students when they are available. Your teachers will give you that information when you go back to class.
 
“We wanted to take this time to show everyone that the rules we set up will be enforced heavily and any violations will not be tolerated and have consequences to them. Please do not think of these rules as a burden but instead think of them as us trying to protect you all. Thank you for listening and you all are dismissed to your next class.”
 
Headmaster Lee walked off the stage and murmurs from the students could be heard along with the shuffling off footsteps and rustling of papers. Everyone was shocked that the thief was someone among them. Who was it? Why did they do it? The assembly was meant to give answers but it only led to more questions.
 
The only one not shocked was the thief that was sitting, walking, and talking among them yet they didn’t know that that person was, in fact, the thief.
 
--
 
“Amber,” Aidan called Amber while she was packing up her stuff to leave. “You have any more Doritos? Or do you have any Cheetos? I miss them. The remind me of home.” He added. She ruffled through her bag before looking up and shaking her head.
 
“Sorry. They’re not on me now.” She stood up, slinging her bag across her bag. “But you wanna come over? I’m sure I have mad chips at the dorm. Jackie unni just sent over a huge load of crap from the States.”  She offered and Aidan peeked over at JaeSun only to find him talking with some girl holding a guitar. Amber signaled the door with her eyes and the two snuck out without getting any attention from the health freak.
 
There was a silence on the way there, but by no means was it awkward. It was actually a little comforting. He was happy Amber wasn’t poking around in his life and respected his privacy. He hated it when people poked their noses into his business.
 
Yo, Krystal.” Amber knocked on the door loudly. “I brought someone over so get your of the couch and put some pants on.” The English rolled off of Amber’s tongue naturally. There was a little ruffling from the inside followed by a crash. “Dude, we’re coming in you you better be ready.”
 
Just opening the door was difficult because Amber had to slam at it with all her body weight to push the shoes that scattered the floor out of the way. Walking to the living room, she kicked away some of the clothes that were decorating the ground. Out of one of the bedrooms came a girl with long, black hair dressed in an over-sized T-shirt and hot pants. Aidan turned away and blushed.
 
“Dude,” Amber said when she saw the girl Aidan assumed to be Krystal. “I said to put on pants. It still looks like you’re wearing nothing.” She walked over to the kitchen, trying to find the “load of crap” her sister sent over.
 
Whatever.” Krystal retorted and found her place back on the sofa, lounging with a bag of Ranch Doritos. “Like it doesn’t really matter.” In the few phrases Krystal spoke, Aidan heard the familiar accent that reminded him of home.
 
L.A.?” He asked out of curiosity. He picked up Krystal’s prominent valley girls accent almost instantly. Her eyes lit up when he said those two simple letters and nodded her head a couple times.
 
Yea, you too?” By now Amber came back with a huge cardboard box filled with junk food all the way from the States. There were a variety of chips, like Cheetos, Doritos, Salt and Vinegar chips, Sour Cream and Onion chips, and candy, like Reese’s, M&M’s, and Twizzlers.
 
Nah, well, kind of. I was born in L.A. but moved to NYC.” He shut up almost instantly after when it hit him that she was a girl. He forgot for a second. Was he being too comfortable around her? Was he acting too much like a guy? He tensed up not knowing what to do until Amber dropped the box by his feet.
 
“Dude, just take whatever you want.” She sat onto the couch, next to Krystal. Aidan was confused why he could act so freely around Amber but not so much around other girls. Was it because Amber acted like just one of the guys around her?
 
“Okay.” Aidan took a bag of chips randomly and some candy too then headed to the door. “I’m leaving now. Thanks for the food.” He heard a few “yeas” and “byes” on his way out and then started walking wherever his feet would take him. He still wasn’t sure why he acted differently around Amber but one thing was for sure, Amber is awesome. Period.
 
--
 
“ShinYoung-ah,” WooHyun called ShinYoung as she was rushing to leave. Even though the assembly just left, she had to go to her Japanese class with Cho Miryo seonsaengnim. Even though she majored in Performing arts, she minored in Liberal thinking it would be better for her to know more than just Korean when she became an idol. “Do you want to-”
 
“Mianhae. Can you hold on for just a second?” ShinYoung’s phone started ringing. “Ah, Key-yah. Are we still on for tonight? Ne, at the jungle themed restaurant with the monkeys hanging out the window. No, you did not get us tickets to the elephant circus. I don’t believe you. Really? That’s going to be so much fun! Arasseo. I’ll see you there.” She hung up the phone and WooHyun looked at her with one eyebrow raised. “Mianhae. That was just my friend, Key. What were you asking me before?”
 
“Ah, well, since I don’t have any class tomorrow you want to go eat something? I feel bad making you pay the last time.” WooHyun rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment when he remembered the time they ate out but he forgot his wallet at home.
 
“Ah, well, I’m a little busy tomorrow. I have acting, dancing, and Chinese classes in the afternoon and my part-time job at the café at night. In the morning, I’m going to be taking Key around town since I haven’t seen him in a while. Mianhae. Maybe next time.” WooHyun’s face dropped but he was persistent.
 
“I told you to quit that part-time job already. You’re overworking yourself. Do you want to collapse of fatigue like last time?” ShinYoung remembered the time she ended up in the hospital and everyone was fussing over her so much. She started feeling a little guilty that they were all worrying for her.
 
“But you know I can’t quit.” She told WooHyun who had a concerned look on her face. She was up out of her seat with her bag on her shoulder ready to leave for her next class. “I need the extra money to help pay for tuition. I can’t depend on my harabeoji and halmeoni forever.” She took a few steps to the door. “I have to go now.”
 
“Wait!” ShinYoung stopped and turned back around before she could make it out of the auditorium door. “Next time, right?” WooHyun took a deep breath that kept him from losing his cool a little. She gave him a smile.
 
“Yup! Next time!” She nodded. “And you better remember to bring your wallet or I won’t save your sorry and then you’ll end up having to wash the dishes to pay for the meal. Make sure it’s at a good place, okay?” With one final smile and wave, she walked out the door.
 
WooHyun couldn’t help but feel a little bitter inside that ShinYoung was spending so much time with this Key guy, whoever he was, and other guys in general. Was he not a good enough roommate for ShinYoung? Was Plan: MUITSFBATR failing?”
 
--
 
Melody couldn’t bear to look to her left even though MyungSoo was there. Why? Three simple syllables. Kim. Jong. Hyun. He was walking with them. He stood to the left of MyungSoo. For some sort of reason, MyungSoo though it would so amazing to let JongHyun tag along with them for lunch.
 
“Mel,” Melody didn’t look at him and stayed facing the front. “Mel.” He tried again, this time tapping her shoulder, too, but this time she turned her head to the right so she was completely against him. He breathed a deep sigh and then decided to give her a little space.
 
“I think I should go.” JongHyun spoke up, breaking the few short moments of silence. “It’s obvious I’m not wanted here and I’m just getting in the way of you two. I think it’s better if I leave you two alone.” He turned to leave but MyungSoo caught him by the wrist.
 
“No, you have to come along with us.” MyungSoo tried to stop him but JongHyun shook his head in disagreement. However, MyungSoo kept pushing his way. “I don’t want you two fighting. It’s not right that the two closest people in my life hate each other.”
 
No,” Melody snapped. “If he wants to go then let him go. Don’t stop him. It’s his choice if he wants to leave. I, personally, don’t care if he leaves but I do prefer it that way.” She stared down at JongHyun as if he was the most despicable, most horrifying thing on the face of the earth.
 
“Yea, I’ll just be going now.” JongHyun pulled MyungSoo’s arm off his wrist and started walking back to campus, in the direction opposite the way they were originally walking. The air was obviously tense and JongHyun wanted to get out of there without getting hurt.
 
‘No!” Myungsoo yelled out. Melody pulled back in shock and so did JongHyun. Melody had never seen MyungSoo yell like that before and, even though he had known him for years, JongHyun was surprised to see MyungSoo act this way. It was a contrast from his usual calm demeanor. “You are coming with us!” He pointed a finger at JongHyun. “And you are going to be okay with that no matter how much you hate him.” He pointed at Melody. “And then we’re going to have an awesome time at lunch, you understand that?”
 
“Y-yes.” The two said simultaneously, which somewhat scared them. It was the first time they actually agreed on something, even though they were sort of scared and forced to agree on it. Once they said that, a smile appeared back on MyungSoo’s face and he lead the way to where they were going to eat lunch.
 
“This kid is crazy.” JongHyun mumbled, not loud enough for MyungSoo to head since he was a bit further up ahead but definitely loud enough for Melody to hear since she was still frozen in the same place in shock. She let out a little chuckle. The two faced each other and gave the other a small, but sincere smile.
 
“Yah!” MyungSoo called out. “Are you two coming or not?” He waved them over.
 
--
 
Headmaster Lee went searching through the bottom drawer of her desk for the familiar bottle of white pills for the third time today. She two of them in the palm of her hand and then downed them with the coffee on her desk that sat next to four other empty coffee cups. Shutting her eyes, she rubbed her temples in circles hoping for at least some sort of relief and that the painkillers would work already.
 
“I told you to stop taking those.” A man emerged from the doorframe and approached her desk. He took the bottle, much to her disliking, and pocketed it so that she couldn’t have them anymore. “You take them too much. Your body is going to get addicted to them. No more for you.”
 
“Fine. Be like that.” She gave a pout and then reached over to get her coffee again when she felt her body craving for caffeine from the strong, black coffee that she drank every day but groaned again when he grabbed the cup before she could get a sip. “Really? Is that really necessary?”
 
“All this caffeine is bad for you, too. The caffeine is probably the reason why you’re getting all these headaches.” He gathered the remaining coffee cups and then threw them out before straightening a few of the papers that were scattered across the desk. Headmaster Lee looked out the window in her office to find a good view of the student courtyard along with a couple students joking around.
 
“Do you, do you think I was too hard on them?” She blurted out. “Sometimes I feel like I’m not good enough and that I’m incapable as a headmaster. I mean, why else would that student break the rules other than that I’m a terrible headmaster and that he or she doesn’t respect me? But then I feel bad bombarding them with all these rules. I don’t want to seem like the mean, scary headmaster and you know how I feel about setting up so many rules. I feel like the students should be free and not controlled but-”
 
“Shhhhh.” He whispered so that she would stop talking. He wrapped his arms around her comfortingly and with tears threatening to escape the corners of her eyes, she buried he face into his shoulder. “You were perfectly fine up there. The thief probably had his or her reasons, not necessarily because of you and I’m positively sure the students couldn’t love you anymore than they do now.”
 
“Thank you.” 
 

Heya you guys!
 
Long time no see, huh? It's been a little over a week, mostly because I've been getting used to going back to school and stuff like that. You guys have to understand that I am a high school junior but I'm taking advanced college classes. If you live in the States, it's like taking all AP classes but way way way way waaaaaaaaay harder and school is definitely the most important for me because it's my key for getting a scholarship for culinary school!
 
Anyways, looking at how the week has gone by, most likely I will update either late Friday night ot sometime Saturday EST. Hehe So look out for updates on those days! I will always tell you if I can't update that week so you don't keep waiting for the update day and get all disappointed that I don't update.
 
If you noticed, I stopped putting scenes for every single person with their loveline because it got a little too hard to do so. I'm probably going to center the chapter on a few lovelines per chapter and then leave the rest of the characters in some sort of interaction all together. 
 
@TheBestOfKpop: Haha KyuHyun is jsut too competitive for his own good
And he still hasn't paid it back. Watch him gradutate and still be Haneul's slave XD
I trust Haneul enough to know that she didn't get any candy.... I think
Thank you!
 
@secretseweet: Kyu pwns all XD
LOL I think everyone wanted Yuri to win just to put Kyu back in his place.
Yup! Mel didn't need to worry because she had MyungSoo the enitre time.
Hahah WooHyun gets jealous easily.
Haneul is just too...........random. Sometimes I think it's bad for her health
 
@AiStudio: Well apparently, but we can't really be sure since she doesn't even remember XD
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: OMG WHO IS THE DADDY???? MUST. KILL. THIER. FATHER.....He corrupted our innocent maknae....
Whaaaa who are you???? *puts on fedora* Do you recognise me? I'm Perry~~~~ Perry the Platapus~~~~~ 
Don't worry. You're not alone. My friend went to Hong Kong and when she went to the bathroom in the train station, there was a couple making out there and it was really awkward she said because not only were they making out but the guy with in the girls' bathroom....
Oh god.... not thing again. Haneul pleaaaaase come back! I'm too tired to chase after you this time! I'm old and lazy....
Well, would have had it not been for the storm
Seems like Mel is fine now XD
We're misfits.... we stand out hehehehehehe
 
@i_candie: OMG Why did you scream so loud????? That hurt my ears! Don't you know that if you do give a warning it should be at least 5 seconds so that I can get ready for the scream? Gosh. You broke my eardrums Dx
More like a dangerous talent. If she falls down that window then I'm not paying for her medical bills
Believe me. It's not nice. I take the train home from school and it's terrible because it's still really hot out and when I hit rush hour, everyone is squshed together and the air conditioner does nothing.
Yup! I used to get it all the time as a kid. I still have some I think..... it's somewhere.... I jsut have to find it
LOL But if he borrows from someone else, then he still has to pay that person back XD
Haha Don't worry. The rivel will make her appearance soon....
Maybe......... Hehe I watched all the fancams of Saengie dancing Rain's Love Song.... but sigh he doesn't show his beautiful abs.... only the really really bottom part just slightly
Mal's voice is perfect for J-Rock. Did you see Baby's new MVs? His acting is so beautiful!
Haha Blue font story? I was thinking abot changing it soon since I don't like sticking to the smae thing for too long....
 
@dattebayo-go: Haha Well that's the date you put on the app!
LOL WooHyun want some alone time with the ShinYoung *wink* *wink*
Sigh.... Sometimes I worry about that girl
We must punish her for just suggesting that * beard*
I would love to have friends like them XD Truthfully I don't mind Kyu. My brother sweats a lot so I'm sort of used to it hehe