Chapter 18

Seoul High School for the Gifted
“Surprise!” A voice emerges from the kitchen as MinJung wheeled in ShinYoung into her dorm. She was met with a hilarious sight when she saw WooHyun standing there wearing her pink apron and holding a feather duster. The lazy actually did work.
 
At the same time, it was weird for ShinYoung to come into the dorm actually being able to see the floor. She took note of the gray carpet that dressed the ground. She didn’t even know her dorm was carpeted! She could’ve sworn that when she first came into the dorm, way back when it was actually clean, the floor was hardwood.
 
“What happened here?” She said wide-eyed. The pizza stain on the ceiling was gone. You don’t even want to know how it got there. It involved WooHyun, his hyung, and a few raccoons, yea. I’ll just let your imaginations soar of that one. It’s kind of self-explanatory but I still don’t know how they got the raccoons there.
 
“I cleaned.” WooHyun let out breathlessly as he collapsed onto the couch in his usual position, his feet up on the armrest and head on the other while he covered his eyes with his arm. It was the first time he ever cleaned the dorm not to mention the first time the dorm was actually clean since orientation.
 
MinJung wheeled ShinYoung into her room and she was met with another shock. You remember when WooHyun knocked over ShinYoung’s dresser and never fixed it? Well, it was fixed! Her wardrobe was standing upright with her clothes folded neatly inside. The only thing ShinYoung was slightly concerned with was that it meant WooHyun would’ve had to fold her underwear but she decided to confront him about that later, when the minors left the room.
 
ShinYoung got up from her seat on the wheelchair and gave WooHyun a big bear hug on the couch. He was a little shocked from the sudden contact but eventually smiled and accepted the hug, returning it with a few pats on her back and smiling that greasy smile of his. Oh, how he loved skinship especially with the other gender.
 
“Good job, roommate.” She let go, oblivious from his y thoughts because she was too innocent, and gave him a few pats on the head. “You know, now I expect you to clean the dorm more often or at least do a few chores around the dorm like cleaning the dishes after dinner.” She added. He gave her a “really?” look but then a twinkle appeared in his eyes.
 
“Alright.” He complied. “But as long as I get paid in hugs.” His eyebrows made a few weird movements which ShinYoung didn’t pick up but weren’t unnoticed but MinJung and Haneul who gave each other a look. The spoke to each other with their “telepathy”, which were really just hand gestures that WooHyun and ShinYoung didn’t see.
 
“Arasseo.” ShinYoung laughed, not paying attention to the tone WooHyun was using to speak. WooHyun did a little victory fist pump, not in the air but nearer to his torso so it was more subtle and said “yes!” more than “YEAAA!”  
 
“We’re going to go now.” Haneul said when MinJung gave her the signal. The two backed away slowly and gave each other looks before leaving. She nudged ShinYoung in the side as she passed her, making ShinYoung a little confused.
 
“Have fun unni!” MinJung yelled out as they went out the door followed by a few suspicious giggles that definitely did not come from only MinJung. They scurried off and someone passing by would have thought that they just met some K-Pop group or something.
 
“I’m sure WooHyun opppa is going to take care of you just fine!” Haneul added at the end. WooHyun gave a glare at the door but breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that ShinYoung didn’t hear. He made a mental note to not do anything y infront of those two. Their minds were probably as corrupted as his.
 
“What was that about?” ShinYoung asked. WooHyun innocently shrugged, pretending not to know anything and then put his arm around ShinYoung, dragging her to wherever he was going too.
 
“I don’t know.” He led her to her room and made her lie down on her bed. “You should rest up and I’ll cook you something to eat. Hospital food must taste terrible.” ShinYoung nodded, feeling a little hungry.
 
WooHyun left the room and breathed out another sign of relief. Step one was complete. ShinYoung was starting to feel more comfortable around him. Plan: Make It Up to ShinYoung for Being a Terrible Roommate, also known as Plan: MIUTSFBATR (pronounced mee-uht-suh-fuh-BAH-tur) had been commenced.
 
--
 
KyuHyun was sleeping peacefully in his bed. He sorted out the problem with JaeSun, somewhat and now felt that he could actually rest without hearing that guy’s nagging 24/7. It got pretty annoying and he was happy that it was a long while since the last time he heard his voice.
 
It was a Thursday so he only had one class that day, Kwon seonsaengnim’s dance class, and even though it was in the afternoon, he dreaded getting up. Kwon seonsaengnim had been on his back constantly for not being able to keep up with the rest of the class. He was slowing down a bit and had to rest more than the others.
 
So, KyuHyun laid there until he needed to get up. He didn’t plan on getting up early. It was still seven in the morning, way too early for the lazy to be out of bed. Even if you tried to wake him up, KyuHyun wouldn’t have. He had no purpose to. He didn’t study because he didn’t have to. He memorized the dance Kwon seonsaengnim taught to the class the minute she showed them.
 
Yea, he wasn’t getting up anytime soon.
 
“Rise and shine, Kyu!” KyuHyun felt the blanket being pulled off his body, letting a huge stream of light come in from the windows. The windows? Wait, when did he ever open up the curtains? And how did the blanket move off his body? KyuHyun ignored whatever was going on around him and turned, burying his face into the mattress since he kicked his pillows of the bed when he was sleeping.
 
“Go away.” He mumbled, still half asleep. In his dreams, he was swimming in a pool of ramyun when Yuri popped up and started eating all of it and slowly, but surely, all the ramyun was draining away from the pool, leaving him with just a little drop of his favorite spicy beef broth.
 
“No, remember, we’re going jogging.” KyuHyun felt himself being pulled of the bed and right after his back hit the hard, wooden floor, he felt some sort of cloth being thrown at his head. “Here. I checked your dresser and I couldn’t find any training pants so I lent you mine. When was the last time you did your laundry?”
 
“I don’t know.” KyuHyun said with his hoarse morning voice. He rubbed his eyes and blinked his eyes, finding JaeSun standing right in front of him. “A few months ago. Wait,” He paused when he realized the situation. “What’s going on? Why are you waking me up so early? Let me sleep.” He mumbled before getting back into bed and letting out a few soft snores.
 
“No.” JaeSun said sternly and grabbed KyuHyun’s ears. “If you don’t lose weight, you’re going to die! You’re coming with me.” He dragged KyuHyun into the bathroom and locked him in there. “I’m not letting you out until you change and decide to go out running with me.”
 
“Arasseo, arasseo hyung.” KyuHyun grumbled. He had no choice but to follow JaeSun. Jaesun got really scary when he was angry: exhibit A, KyuHyun’s broken door, exhibit B, when KyuHyun ran away after the showcase, and exhibit C, last night. He did not want to make JaeSun even angrier.
 
KyuHyun got out of the bathroom and walked into the living room to find JaeSun sitting on the couch while watching TV. JaeSun didn’t know KyuHyun was finished so KyuHyun quietly made his way to the couch to see what JaeSun was doing.
 
JaeSun was watching Music Core and KyuHyun couldn’t help but notice the way he would look at SNSD’s SeoHyun. She was an emcee along with other singers but what got KyuHyun the most was the way JaeSun’s eyebrows would furrow whenever the male singers got close to her.
 
“Che. Another jealous and delirious fanboy.” KyuHyun thought to himself. “Pathetic.”
 
“Did you say something?” JaeSun asked when he accidentally said the last part aloud. JaeSun turned his head towards KyuHyun. The emcee section was over anyway. Some boy group went up for their performance. I think it they were called BEAST or something, but that doesn’t really matter.
 
“Nope.” He walked away innocently.
 
“Okay, so since this is your first time, I think we should take it easy. Usually, I run five miles but I guess we could start off with one. That’s about a little less than one time around the perimeter of campus.” JaeSun kept babbling on and on about how KyuHyun should stretch and the proper way of breathing while running so he wouldn’t run out of breathe easily.
 
Oh yea, this was going to be hell for KyuHyun.
 
--
 
Aidan had no idea what got into him. He didn’t know why he confronted Jina like that. It wasn’t like they were close. In fact, she wasn’t close to anyone. He was just her tutor so why did it matter to him or not if she was closed to people? He just needed her so that his college application would look better.
 
“Aidan!” Haneul’s voice woke him up from his thoughts. He stopped washing the dishes and came into the living room still wearing the purple apron and the yellow gloves. Haneul was lazing on the couch with her feet up on the coffee table while watching Super Junior and their comeback on Music Core. “Once you’re done watching the dishes, bake me something with chocolate.”
 
“Yes, Haneul-ah.” He grumbled before making his way back to the kitchen where he was forced to wash the dishes. He lowly growled at her and muttered something about either shaving her head in her sleep or dying all her clothes yellow since yellow was such an ugly color once all this was over.
 
“Ahem.” She cleared before he made it safely out of her vision making him turn back around to face her. “My name?” He gave her a questioning look. “My name?” There was still no answer. “What did I tell you to call me?” She finally yelled out, out of character.
 
“Do I have to?” Aidan sulked. She glared him down. “Yes, Queen of all that is amazing and good, plus me who is the only exception since I am an idiot and don’t even deserve to be your servant.” He mumbled while rolling his eyes. She gave him a nod and he took it as a sign to continue his duties as her slave.
 
“Don’t forget the chocolate!” She yelled back.
 
“Yea, yea, yea. Whatever.” He puffed his cheeks out in frustration and got back to work while thinking up of ways he could torture Haneul once he either worked off his debt or found a way to pay her back, somehow.
 
Anyways, back to the whole Aidan and Jina situation. Aidan was completely and totally confused with why he would be so concerned about Jina. It’s not like she meant anything to each other and it was obvious that Jina definitely didn’t like being around him since she would always try to skip their tutoring sessions, or maybe it was just that she didn’t like studying. Either way, she tried to avoid him.
 
Aidan wasn’t being nosy, no, he hated nosy people. He was just worried about her well-being, as a friend, that is if you would consider him her “friend.”
 
“Wha’cha thinking about?” Haneul walked in on Aidan. She tried to prop her elbow up on his elbow, but after a bunch of fails and realizing she was too short, gave up until an idea hit her. “Bend down a bit.” She said. Aidan frowned at her but then complied and bent his knees, allowing her to lean on him. “Better. Anyways, what were you thinking about?”
 
“None of your business.” He shook her off, a little ticked that she was picking into something that she didn’t need to. She frowned when his movements made her arm flop back to her side so she wasn’t leaning on him anymore.
 
“Are you sure? You don’t need to talk to someone?” She pestered on, only irking Aidan more. He knew she meant well, but this was his problem, not hers so she didn’t need to do anything. He didn’t even look at her.
 
“No.” He bluntly said. He didn’t want her so concerned in his problems. It had nothing to do with her, so why did she care so much?
 
“Okay. But don’t forget my chocolate!” She added and went back to the living room. She sensed Aidan’s hostility towards her. She didn’t know if it was because he was mad at her for making him her slave or because he had other problems but, either way, she decided it was best if she just left him alone to think about it himself.
 
The whole exchange got Aidan thinking. He hated it when people were so nosy in his business so was it wrong for him to go and explode in front of Jina? Was it right to get nosy in her business? He didn’t like it when others did it to him so why did he do it to Jina?
 
But then again, it was his business. He saw how JaeSun and her friendship went down right after she pushed him away. He may not like JaeSun for putting that junk food ban on him but he was still his hyung. He saw the way Jina would space out during the tutoring sessions after she cut off YongHwa.
 
And then, she did the same to him. That made it his problem just as much as her problem. He was involved and he needed to solve it. He needed to find a way to make her open up. It was his first time to do open up to a person himself but he had to. JaeSun failed and so did YongHwa ut he was determined to break through to her himself.
 
--
 
‘You two can start any time you want.” Park seonsaengnim gave the signal and MyungSoo gave a reassuring smile to Melody. It comforted her. She never acted this shy and scared before. She didn’t know what got into her. She decided to put her head up high and do her best.
 
“Ummm, Melody-ssi?” MyungSoo tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. The scene started and even though they didn’t have a clue what they would do, they decided to wing it. Just do a little improv. It’s no big deal, right? Improv was easy.
 
“Yes, MyungSoo-ssi?” Since MyungSoo added the -ssi at the end, she decided to go along with it. Since it was about first love, they were supposed to be awkward with each other anyway. Playing along with the awkwardness and shyness of the scene, she stared straight at the floor and traced tip of her foot along the ground.
 
“Uhhh, well,” MyungSoo looked anywhere but her face. They were a good distance away from each other. He was on the left side of the stage while she was on the right. He didn’t dare come any closer. “I was just thinking that, well.” He kept stuttering, looking for the words to say.
 
The two were smart in choosing an awkward first love crush sort of topic for their scene. It gave them time to stop and think without making it look obvious that they were completely clueless. They could stop and stutter all they wanted and it would look like it was part of the scene.
 
“Yea?” Melody looked up expectantly, trying to buy time for MyungSoo but she made it look like her character was battling within herself and trying to find the courage to look MyungSoo in the eyes. The audience was quiet, engrossed in the situation MyungSoo and Melody put before them.
 
“Ummm, so I was just wondering if,” He started playing with his fingers and looked up at the sky, or in this case the auditorium ceiling, while shifting his weight from his right leg to his left and then back again. “…if maybe, just maybe, you could possibly, like, uhhh.” He paused and took a deep breath. “Goonadatewithme.”
 
“I’m sorry, what?” She asked while giving out a slight chuckle. MyungSo said it so fast that she didn’t even understand what he said, really. A small smile showed up on her face and for a while, she forgot that they were playing a scene. It all felt too real to her. The lines of reality and acting were blurred.
 
MyungSoo took another deep breath and repeated what he said, but slowly. “Will you go on a date with me?” Melody was silent, not knowing what to say. She froze, surprised with his actions. MyungSoo’s shoulders slumped down and he his heels to leave, dejectedly. “Nevermind. It’s okay. I get it.”
 
“Wait!” Melody called out making him stop. “I’m sorry.” She finally ran up to him, closing the huge gap between them, but not close enough so that she could touch him. She was still only on the center of the stage, too hesitant to come any nearer in fear of scaring MyungSoo away.
 
“No, I get it.” MyungSoo responded, with a tint of sadness in his voice even though he tried to mask it with an upbeat tone. He didn’t dare turn around. He didn’t want to see her face. “You don’t feel the same way. It was stupid of me to ask anyway.” And then he started walking away.
 
“No!” Melody stopped him again. “Listen to me.” She got closer and put her right hand on his shoulder, forcing him to turn around. They were within and arms reach of each other yet MyungSoo still didn’t look at her so she tilted his head to face her. “I do like you and I would love to go out with you.”
 
“Really?” A smile dressed MyungSoo’s once rejected face. His eyes lit up again and became filled with excitement and joy. Melody didn’t have to speak when she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his hard chest, inhaling his scent.
 
“Really.” The two stayed like that for a while. MyungSoo tucked her head underneath his chin and began to her long, brown hair softly, trying to savor the moment because he didn’t know when it could ever happen again.
 
“Oh, and Melody?” He let her name roll off his tongue, cutting off the -ssi that he once called her with. She looked up and he pulled her closer with his fingers under her chin and sweetly let his lips touch hers. After a few seconds, he pulled away, leaving a tint of red on both their cheeks.
 
“Good job, you two.” Applause filled the air and then in hit both of them. They were acting. What happened wasn’t real even though it felt so much like it. They looked at each other and realized every single word they uttered, they meant it.
 
MyungSoo scanned the crowd, looking for his bestie so that he could get some sort of encouragement, at least a smile or a thumbs up but to his dismay, JongHyun wasn't there.
 
--
 
 A little late, Haneul met MinJung again in the courtyard. They decided to skip class again because they just didn't feel like going.
 
“So, what are we going to do now?”MinJung said and thought about what happened in ShinYoung and WooHyun’s dorm. She started getting all giddy again but when she finally calmed down from their spazzing, she almost looked lost because they had nothing to do. Initially, they wanted to stay by the door and eavesdrop on the two but decided against it since it was an invasion of privacy. WooHyun probably left already anyway.
 
“Well we could.” Haneul paused to think. “Oh, I know!” She shot up, her eyes glowing with what MinJung couldn’t tell whether it was happiness, mischievousness, or a combination of both. “We could go to the café that ShinYoung unni work in. We can’t let her work for a while so we might as well go there to tell her boss to let her go on leave.”
 
“That’s right! If we don’t do it, then ShinYoung unni is going to work even though she’s sick!” MinJung responded even though everyone else knew that ShinYoung was perfectly fine and that she could work as long as she took it lightly and didn’t carry heavy things for a few days.
 
“Okay, let’s go.” Haneul led the way. She didn’t tell MinJung that the real reason she wanted to go to the café was that ever since the first time they went there, she’s been craving that chocolate cake that ShinYoung was supposed to serve to Zelo, who left before he could eat it. She wanted it, bad, but of course, she kept it a secret because if MinJung found out, she would make Haneul turn her sorry little all the way back to campus.
 
“Hehehe.” Haneul laughed mischievously to herself, thinking it was low enough for only her to hear it. She was sort of half right. No one could hear it except for Haneul. Truthfully, her laugh was a little creepy. It sounded a little like those evil laughs the villain would make when they were planning something evil, but then again, it’s only my opinion. Since when did my opinion matter?
 
“What are you laughing at, little miss hyper pants?” Haneul glared at MinJung’s remark, making MinJung laugh a bit. The name reminded her of what Melody called her when they were at the hospital, a psychotic, hyper, sugar-loving beast. She still hadn’t forgiven Melody for that. There were so many things wrong with that name. She had to admit, she could be a beast sometimes, but she was definitely not hyper or psychotic and she did not love sugar that much. Well, that’s what she thought.
 
“Nothing.” Haneul said in a small sing-song voice and rushed up ahead of MinJung a few meters. They made it to the café, somehow MinJung getting there first even though Haneul was in front of her. Haneul suspected that MinJung used some sort of teleportation device but she would deny everything.
 
“Annyeong Yei-Soo unni!” MinJung came prancing in like a horse, attracting the attention of all the people in the café, including one familiar blonde boy in the corner who was listening to his iPod while munching on his usual chocolate cake. Yei-Soo, with an armful of plates came up to her and gave her a big hug.
 
“MinJung! What are you doing here? Oh, and how’s ShinYoung unni?” Her arms got tired from carrying all the dishes so she placed them on an empty table near them and then wiped whatever was on her hands, probably frosting mixed with some coffee and a few cake bits here and there. She wanted to it off but she already got in trouble from her boss for doing that in front of the customers earlier. She got a whole lecture on how it wasn’t sanitary and didn’t want to hear her boss drone on about it again.
 
“I’m here came here with Haneul to tell you that ShinYoung unni is fine but she has to go on leave for a few days so she can rest.” MinJung answered while running her hand on one of the plates that had a half-eaten cupcake just so she could get frosting on her finger and it off.
 
“Okay, I’ll tell my boss.” Yei-Soo nodded in understanding but her face later contorted to show confusion again. “Didn’t you say you came with Haneul? Where is she?”
 
“What are you talking about? She’s right,” Haneul turned around to point at Haneul only to find that she wasn’t there. “..here.” She tilted to her head to show an equal amount of confusion on her face. “Well, she was here. I wonder where she went.”

Hello guys!
 
You know what I'm doing now? I'm lounging on my bedroom floor on my laptop while eating yogurt. Yea. Sad. Where are my frieeeeeeends??? LOL OTL Forever alone.
 
Whaaaa Who heard 2NE1's I Love You?? OMG So good!
 
And then there was SuJu's y, Free, and Single! KANGINNNNNNNN!!! OMG KANGIN IS BAAAACK~! But I was disappointed that they only gave him 2 lines and put him in the back the entire time.....
 
How about LEDApple's Run to You? It was really good! I don't really listen to them that much, like I only really like Time's Up but Run to You was really awesome. LOL I just realized how many times I said really in that sentence XD
 
OMG So many comebacks, not enough money Dx
 
@KimKyuHyun: Yes, the wheelchair is now a permantent symbol of their love of ShinYoung.
Haha I find it cute, though. Like, they're so shy but only around each other.
LOL You have to go jogging now!!!! Bye! Oh, and don't sweat to much because then you'll smell.
It's cute that he cares though.
 
@Twiillaa: OMG Clue! My friends and I used to play that game all the time and then we would play Monopoly. I owned at Monopoly.
I could so picture that. But now, she escaped!
 
@secretseweet: One word.... AWKWARD
I'll leave his face up to your imagination.
Well, think about it. It's the two hyper freshmen. Of course they would act like that.
She will. I have plans for Jina.
Yea, I guess. But KyuHyun still doesn't seem that happy.
 
@Sherry_16: LOL Meloo? It looks like Melon but sounds like Hellooooo~~~~
Haha They just love her too much.
Well, it's not like he went following her around. He was just watching from his friends.
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: ShinYoung is stuck being babied even though she's the unni XD
Don't worry. More spazz worthy stuff between those two to come.
Well, that's no fun if you just walk up to him.
We must fix Jina! Plan is initiated!
No! That's even worse! Gahhh Just get him to be your slave for a while.
Haha Yes! Are you going on vacation anywhere? Apparently my parents decided it would be an awesome idea to go on vacation to Puerto Rico without me and my bros....
No!!!! She ran away! Get her before she explodes!!!!!
OHMAHGOD! HANEUL GET BACK HERE NOWWWWWWW!
 
@i_candie: BUT SHE ESCAPED!!! SHINYOUNG RUN AND DON'T TURN BAAACK
Haha No, it's not but nicew guess. I have other plans for Melody. LOL Well, it's mal. What do you expect?
Must separate from that ramyun shop.....sort of.
She will... eventually... I think.... I hope...
Aniyo~~~~~. I'm nowhere as good as them. Actually, I have a stuffed otter, dog, gorila, turtle, and horse/unicorn and I sleep with them every night. XD
Sigh... I kinda want all of them to go at the same time so that they could all be together and then they would come back together and get it over with.
SLEEP
NO NO NO NO I WOULD DIEEE! JAESUN STAY AWAY FROM MEEEEEEE.
KyuSaeng went to baby's fanmeet! Mal was there, too, but only in the audience again. I cried seeing them together.
Leader's new song! Baby's new album! Kyu's new album!
July 23rd. Are you ready?