Chapter 21

Seoul High School for the Gifted
JaeSun was running back in the direction of the dorms for his life. It started pouring on him around the time he jogged to the campus’ main entrance gate. The closest place to shelter from there was the co-ed dorm meaning he would probably have to stay at ShinYoung’s dorm for a while. Hopefully she was there.
 
It was pouring cats and dogs on him and he was the only one there. Everyone else probably already went inside for cover. As he was nearing the co-ed dorm, he saw what he assumed was a couple walking around outside the dorm, but as he got closer, he noticed the familiar faces. It was Aidan and Jina.
 
“Yah!” He ran up to them with his jacket over his head to try to use as a cover, which wasn’t really working since he was still soaking wet. Jina was clutching onto her guitar so that it wouldn’t get wet as Aidan held and umbrella over their heads. “What are you guys doing out here? You’re going to get sick!”
 
“Look who’s talking! At least we have an umbrella!” Aidan retorted. Ever since he got closer to everyone in the showcase, he was bolder and more open with his words. JaeSun wanted to squish in under the umbrella but it was only meant for one person. Even with the umbrella over their heads, Jina and Aidan were still a little damp. The only thing that was still dry was Jina’s guitar that she made sure was completely under the umbrella. “And it’s Jina’s fault.”
 
“Shut up.” She glared. “At least we’re not cooped up in the dorm anymore. If we were in there, I would’ve died of boredom and I don’t think you would want to be charged for murder since it would’ve been your fault.” She huffed. “Can we just go someplace where I can play my guitar?”
 
“Well, I was just going to hang out at ShinYoung noona’s dorm until the storm stopped. You can come if you want. I don’t think she would mind.” JaeSun said before Aidan could say something about it being perfectly fine if she played at her own dorm. Truthfully, he just wanted to get the conversation over with so that he could go inside and dry off.
 
“At least someone has a good idea.” Jina mumbled as JaeSun walked into the dorm. While he was still in the lobby area, he shook his head a little and wrung out his clothes so that he wouldn’t be dripping wet when he got to ShinYoung’s dorm. He heard a little more bickering behind him, meaning the two did follow him inside. He thought it was awesome that Jina as finally opening up to someone in her own unique way.
 
“Hey hyung!” Aidan called JaeSun making him turn around. “Can you tell this girl over here that having a pet tarantula and naming it Fluffy is completely insane especially since she’s a girl?” JaeSun’s eyes widened at Aidan’s random question. She had a pet tarantula? That’s gross! JaeSun hated bugs! “Oh, and tell her to clean up every once in a while. Her room is a pig sty.”
 
JaeSun concluded one thing. He has completely misjudged Jina. He thought she was one of those girls who had her room completely clean and hated it if people touched her stuff, seeing as how she took extra care of her guitar. Oh well. People change when you get to know them. Turns out, Jina was one of those people.
 
“Yah! My room is not that mess. I admit I need to clean it just a little but it’s not that bad and you don’t insult Fluffy like that! She has feelings-” Jina froze when she saw someone coming down the hallway. Like her, he had a guitar strapped behind him. It was YongHwa. When he saw her, he smiled and immediately walked up to her.
 
“Hi, Jina.” He gave a wave. “What are you doing here?”
 
“Oh, well, I was just going to my unni’s dorm.” She looked down at the ground. Jina still felt a little guilty about their last conversation and how she pretty much blew him off. She wanted to say sorry but now wasn’t the right time, especially with Aidan and JaeSun around. “How about you, why are you here?”
 
“Well, I was just coming from my dorm. It’s upstairs but I left because I have band practice now.” Jina nodded but then it hit her. This was a co-ed dorm. If he lived here, then that would mean he lived with a girl. She forced out a smile. “I have to go now. I’m a little late so I have to hurry. See you later.” Without Jina responding, he left with a smile on his face.
 
The walk up to ShinYoung’s dorm was quiet. Jina was no longer in the mood to talk and force herself to make conversations anymore. Did it show to the others that she was just forcing conversation because she didn’t really know how to talk to people? Hopefully it didn’t.
 
Aidan and JaeSun respected Jina’s desire to be quiet. JaeSun knew Jina like YongHwa just by the way she would look at him in class. Her facial expression was the same but it was the way that there was a small sparkle in her eyes. Aidan didn’t know that much about Jina’s feelings toward YongHwa but respected the silence anyway. He couldn’t force her to change completely in one day.
 
When they got up to the room, JaeSun knocked on the door and after a few minutes, ShinYoung opened it looking like she just took a shower with fresh clothes and a towel drying her hair.
 
“Uh, hi noona. I know it’s a bit sudden but can we stay here until the storm passes?” JaeSun asked while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly and looking at the doorframe rather than her face. ShinYoung responded with that motherly smile of hers.
 
“Of course! Come in! Take a seat on the couch.” Hesitantly, they did so. They didn’t want to get the furniture wet but ShinYoung assured them that because the sofa was leather, she could just dry it with a towel. She came back with a pile of them, giving one to each of the kids sitting on the couch.
 
“Unni, you really don’t have to do all this.” Jina said when she came back from the kitchen with three cups of hot cocoa. “It’s too much.” ShinYoung got a little shock when Jina spoke to her. It was the first time Jina had directly said anything to her but then smiled again and put the cup in her hands.
 
“No, I insist. What kind of a host would I be-” ShinYoung was cut off when a sound of a facet turning off came from the bathroom and ShinYoung’s eyes widened. “WooHyun! Don’t come out yet! I’m not in my-” It was too late and WooHyun emerged from the bathroom with a puff of steam behind him dressed in on a towel in his lower body.
 
Aidan and JaeSun’s eyes widened. JaeSun’s hands instinctively went for Jina’s eyes as did ShinYoung’s body. Protectively, she hugged Jina’s head into her stomach and shut her eyes closed with her back to WooHyun. Aidan and JaeSun sat there frozen, not knowing what to do.
 
“What the hell?” WooHyun said as he tried to cover up his upper body while holding up his towel. “I thought we established this! When one person takes a shower, the other person stays in their room!” WooHyun kept arguing while staying by the bathroom door.
 
“Just go to your room already!” ShinYoung said. She dragged Jina by the head, literally, into her room and leaving the guys out in the living room. The two boys were left on the couch and WooHyun ran to the comforts of his own room. When ShinYoung set Jina down on her bed, Jina was in shock.
 
“W-why was he only in a towel? Doesn’t he bring his clothes to the bathroom?” Jina said with a shaky voice. Her hands were shaking and she couldn’t bring herself to remover her teeth from her bottom lip not to mention think about anything in fear of the image popping back up again.
 
“Ah, well, WooHyun always forgets to bring his clothes to the bathroom, even if I remind him. Somehow, he just gets distracted so we set up the rule that if he was to take a shower, I would have to stay in my room until he gets back to his room and vice versa.” ShinYoung explained but it didn’t really do much for Jina.
 
Jina sneezed a little and ShinYoung noticed how Jina’s clothes were still a little damp and realized her own error. She walked over to her dresser, yes, the one that WooHyun finally fixed, and searched for clothes that were a little small on her knowing Jina was slightly shorter and just a little bit more slim than her. She settled on a hoodie and shorts knowing she might not appreciate having to wear her floral dress.
 
“Here, you should change into these clothes so that you don’t get sick.” She said in a loving tone along with flashing her eye smile. “I’ll be outside if you need me.” She set the clothes on the space next to her and then left the room so that Jina could change. Jina sat there staring at the clothes.
 
She wondered how ShinYoung could be so open and nice to her if it was one of the first times they had really talked as in one-on-one talk while it took her such a long time to get comfortable around someone. It was a characteristic she envied. Hopefully, Jina would change for the better.
 
--
 
“Shoot.” Yuri muttered under her breath. She looked down at the white T-shirt she was wearing quickly being soaked through with the rain pouring down overhead. KyuHyun, who was running up far ahead, didn’t notice. Yuri’s gray bra was starting to come into view of others, but luckily the only other person who could see it was KyuHyun who was not paying attention at all.
 
“Yah! Hurry up!” KyuHyun called out he turned around quickly to check up on Yuri but then immediately regretted it when she saw she cross her arms across her chest to cover up her bra. He stopped and then rolled his eyes while taking off his jacket again. He basically threw it at her so that it hit her face intentionally.
 
“I told you to take it.” He scoffed when Yuri’s cheeks started to turn a little pink. She put it on so that it rested on her shoulders rather than her putting her arms through the sleeves. She tugged the collar a little towards her nose to take a whiff and then made a face. “What?” KyuHyun asked.
 
“Dude, this thing smells! Seriously, when was the last time you washed it?” She took it off as fast as she could and then threw it back at him. She decided crossing her arms over her chest would be better than having to wear that smelly jacket. “It smells like onions and gym socks.”
 
“I smell nothing.” KyuHyun said when he took a sniff. He put it back on the proper way with his hands through the sleeves and then started walking again. “Your nose must be broken.” He added. “It smells perfectly fine.” The rain now was coming down really hard and KyuHyun wiped off the drops of water that was dripping down his forehead before they got in his eyes.
 
“That means you smell like onions and gym sock, stupid.” Yuri said under her breath so that KyuHyun couldn’t hear. She saw KyuHyun flinch a little after she said that but she wasn’t really sure if he heard since he didn’t make a comeback or anything. She just thought it would be safe to assume he didn’t hear.
 
“I heard that.” KyuHyun said loud enough for her to hear but he kept walking briskly to the direction of the dorms. He was getting a little irritated. His fists were clenched to his side but he knew if he stopped to bicker now, he would just be soaking wet when he got to the dorm and he wasn’t sure if ShinYoung would let him in is he would drip water into her living room.
 
Yuri was a little surprised that KyuHyun heard. Did he have supersonic hearing or something? She was sure she whispered that and KyuHyun was about five meters ahead of her so it would be really hard for him to hear her.
 
“You were supposed to.” She said to cover up her mistake. When KyuHyun turned around to glare, she just rolled her eyes and then walked, well, more like strutted, right past him as if what she said was perfectly fine. It was kind of awkward though because she still had her hands over her chest and her hair was dripping wet.
 
“Uh-huh.” KyuHyun said, not believing a single thing that just came out of Yuri’s mouth. Why? Well, first of all, he heard it only faintly. If she wanted him to hear it, then she would’ve said it louder and bolder but it came out as only a whisper. Secondly, she was a terrible liar and it was as simple as that.
 
“Wait, who are those two over there?” Yuri pointed at a couple by the trees who were hugging and it also seemed like they were kissing. Yuri dreamily looked at them and then blushed before looking away. She may come off as a little tough and rigid, but she’s still a girl and she always longed for something as romantic as that.
 
“That’s gross.” KyuHyun said, bursting Yuri’s bubble. “People shouldn’t make-out like that in public. He rolled his eyes for the nth time within five minutes and kept walking to the dorm which wasn’t that far off, maybe about three more minutes and they would be there. KyuHyun could see the top of the dorm by now.
 
“Shut up. You’re just saying that because no one loves you. I find that very adorable and sweet thank you very much.” Yuri said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone. With her nose high up in the air, she muttered a “Take that, stupid.” and then proceeded to stomp past KyuHyun who scoffed in disbelief.
 
“If you would like to know, noonas love me.” KyuHyun smirked with his arms across his chest. Yuri stopped and then backed up to where KyuHyun was.
“Oh yea, well this noona thinks you’re acting ridiculous.”
 
“Oh yea, well this noona isn’t a noona anymore because technically today is my birthday so we are the same age now. Hah.” KyuHyun gave the last blow before Yuri shut up. She lost and there was nothing she could say anymore to get him back. She grumbled and then just kept walking.
 
KyuHyun couldn’t keep his eyes off the couple kissing, however. The girl, he swore, looked oddly familiar, as if he saw her from somewhere, no, as if he knew her. Yuri noticed this and would give him nudges in his side telling him to stop with the staring because he was ruining their privacy., though I would argue that is wasn’t really his fault since they were doing private actions in a public place.
 
“Melody noona?” KyuHyun blurted out when he saw her face. They were a little closer to the couple because the dorms were past them and KyuHyun immediately noticed the tall yet skinny frame of his noona. Her foreign looking appeal helped too. She turned around at the sound of her name and when she saw that it was KyuHyun calling, she blushed while burying her face into MyungSoo’s chest. She was caught.
 
“What did it tell you?” Yuri smacked KyuHyun in the head making him bend down and hold his head to try to ease the pain. “You just ruined their moment, stupid!” She went to go kick him in the shin but he managed, somehow, to dodge her attack. She glared at him once more before facing Melody and MyungSoo then bowing. “Mianhae, sunbaenim. You can carry on.” Right as she reached over to grab KyuHyun’s ear, Melody sneezed.
 
“Ah, it’s fine. I think it’s time we should go find some cover anyway. I think Melody is getting sick. It’s my fault.” MyungSoo looked down at Melody who scrunched up her nose at him and then punched him in the shoulder. She mouthed him a “shut up” and then he chuckled. He took off his jacket and used it as a cover for the both of them.
 
“Sunbaenim, we were just on our way to the co-ed dorms since it’s the closest here. You can come with us if you want.” Yuri managed to keep her bra hidden with her arms in a way that it would look natural but one look at Melody and she already knew Yuri’s problem. Yuri mouthed a “help” and then Melody gave her a nod.
 
“Yuri, ShinYoung dorms in the co-ed dorms. I don’t think she would mind us staying there for a while and maybe we could borrow her clothes so that we don’t get sick. Ah-choo.” She covered her nose and then smiled at Yuri who mouthed “thank you” to which Melody discretely responded with a “you’re welcome.”
 
And with that, the group ran over to the co-ed dorm that wasn’t that far away. In fact, it was just up ahead and they managed to make it there in about three minutes, even with MyungSoo having to hold his jacket up for Melody and himself. The way up was quiet and Melody didn’t like it. She was a little irked by it and she knew she had to do something to end it.
 
She went up the stairs ahead of them and hid behind the door to exit just waiting for them to get there. The other three assumed she went up to talk to ShinYoung since she was the closest one to her. MyungSoo and Yuri haven’t even met her yet but MyungSoo was friends with her roommate, WooHyun.
 
She waited there for them to come. It didn’t take long since ShinYoung’s dorm was only on the third floor and when she ran up, they were already passing the second floor. She could hear the sounds of their footsteps on the stairs along with KyuHyun and Yuri’s voices bickering like usually, but then again when did those two not fight?
 
“Boo! Ah-choo…” Melody looked away to cover her sneeze at the end. She was expecting a few screams or at least yells from her surprise attack but when she turned her head back, she was met only by a few confused expressions. She failed and the feeling was horrible. She had never failed at this before. “Never mind.” She said dejectedly and then started walking to ShinYoung’s dorm.
 
She knocked on the door expecting to see ShinYoung but instead, she was met by JaeSun who was wearing clothes that were slightly too small for him but they were still men’s clothes. She assumed it was just that he borrowed WooHyun’s clothes or something like that. She didn’t think that he could be able to fit into ShinYoung’s clothes.
 
“Uhhh, can we stay here for a while until the storm passes? Ah-choo. Oh, and can we borrow some clothes, too?” Melody said with her nose a little stuffy now. “Our clothes are kind of wet.”
 
--

 

“Yeppeo, I think we should go.” LeeTeuk said looking out the window. “They’re about close and it doesn’t look like the rain is going to stop any time soon so I think we should just run.” Haneul pouted while putting down Nala. She didn’t want to leave. She was having too much fun with the kitties but she realized she had to when she saw them start to curl up for their naps and the workers at the café put them in their respective beds.
 
“Arasseo.” Haneul got up from the floor and wiped the dirt of her pants. In the corner of her eye, she saw a baker across the street from the window. “Oh shoot!” She grabbed LeeTeuk’s arm and ran out the door. She dragged him as fast as she could to ShinYoung’s dorm. She couldn’t believe she forgot. All the girls spent weeks planning this but her mind went blank the minute she saw the cats.
 
LeeTeuk was confused with Haneul’s sudden change in character. Just a few minues ago, he couldn’t get her to leave the café but now she was doing whatever she could to get the hell out of there. She wasn’t bi-polar, right? No, that would be impossible, maybe. But the thought wouldn’t escape LeeTeuk’s head.
 
By the time they got to ShinYoung’s dorm, they were soaking wet. She knew that she could borrow some clothes from ShinYoung. They did that all the time but she was unsure about WooHyun. From earlier, he seemed a little like a flirt. Would he be willing to let LeeTeuk borrow some clothes, too?
 
She got to ShinYoung’s dorm in record time. LeeTeuk, on the other hand was out of breath because they literally ran there. He was still confused why he was there. He didn’t know what Haneul was doing. The only thing he managed to pick up was that he was at the co-ed dorm.
 
Haneul knocked on the door and her jaw dropped, surprised that KyuHyun opened the door. “K-kyu, what are you doing here?” He was wearing a deep u-neck shirt, something that he never wore before so Haneul assumed he was forced to borrow it from WooHyun. She breathed a small sigh of relief thinking that LeeTeuk would be able to get out of his wet clothes but turned nervous again when she remembered KyuHyun wasn’t supposed to be there. It would ruin everything.
 
“Oh, well, all of us are here except for MinJung. We all got rained on so we decided to stay here until the rain stopped.” He let the two of them in and tossed them two towels that were in a big pile in the corner. They were clean. The used ones were in the other side of the room. “I’ll go tell ShinYoung noona that you’re here.”
 
JaeSun, WooHyun, MyungSoo, and Aidan paid no attention to the duo that just came into the room. They were too busy watching Yuri kick at Final Fantasy XIII. Jina was slowly strumming her guitar and gave Haneul a “sup” nod when she walked in. Melody was watching them but had a bored expression on her face that lit up when she was Haneul. Haneul signaled the two of them to meet her in the kitchen.
 
“Pabo, stay here. I’ll go and find ShinYoung unni. I need to talk to her about something. Just go play with the guys or something.” She kind of shooed them off before rushing into the kitchen where the others were, including ShinYoung. “Eotteoke? What are we going to do? KyuHyun’s right there! We can’t bake because then he would smell it and get suspicious. You know how good KyuHyun is at figuring this stuff out.”
 
Don’t ask me.” Melody raised her hands in defense. “I was not in charge of the cake. That was you, ShinYoung, and MinJung who is currently missing. You know I don’t do cooking. I was in charge of decorations but I can’t do that because I can’t work if they’re all in the living room.” She shrugged it off.
“I was in charge of music. I’m good.” Jina showed off, earning a glare from the MinJung.
 
“Forget it. Let’s just bake. If he smells it, he smells it.” ShinYoung decided and started pulling out various ingredients needed to bake from hidden compartments in the kitchen knowing that if she simply put in in the cabinets, WooHyun would’ve eaten it all with his hyungs.
 
Melody left the kitchen knowing she would just be a burden there. Jina watched in the background, just supervising. She didn’t want to go in and directly help them but she knew how to cook so if they made a mistake, well if MinJung made a mistake since she was more of an eater than a cooker, she would correct it.
 
Melody stood guard by the kitchen door. She kept it shut thinking that it would be harder for the smell to get through if the door was closed. She watched in amusement at the testosterone filled living room, that is except for Yuri who added just a trouch of femininity. All the chest bumps and fist pumps along with the occasional “boo-yahs” were getting slightly annoying but she was more amused that the strong smell of the cake being baked went unnoticed by the excited guys.
 
There was a knock on the kitchen door, signaling they were finished. Melody snuck over to the light switch and shut it off, making the guys a little confused but then the kitchen door opened and Haneul and ShinYoung walked out holding a chocolate cake, however it didn’t have any frosting because it was still warm so if they decided to ice it, it would have just melted off, that was decorated with fifteen lit candles.
 
“Saengil chukha hamnida! Saengil chukha hamnida! Saranghaneun uri KyuHyun! Saengil chukaha hamnida!” Haneul and ShinYoung sang melodiously as Jina played the soothing sounds of her acoustic guitar in the background. The guys smiled but KyuHyun had a smirk imprinted on his face.
 
“What took you guys so long?” The girls’ jaws dropped open. “I swear your guys are so slow. I smelled that cake a while ago. You are so bad at keeping secrets. I found out when you guys kept having those “secret meetings” last week.” He chuckled. There was another knock on the door and ShinYoung went to go get it. “Oh well. At least there’s cake. I want.” Everyone went over to get a slice of cake. ShinYoung opened the door to find a soaking wet MinJung and Zelo.
 
“Am I late?” She innocently asked.

Hiya!
 
So just to explain myself, I felt so bad about always promising you guys more updates and then not fulfilling my promise so I kind of forced myself to finish this chapter. I'll be the first to admit it's not my best. It's a little rushed and shorted than my other ones. I feel like I didn't capture their personalities the best that I could and I'm sorry but I felt really bad for not being able to update and then when all of you guys were so undersatanding, it made me feel even worse because I felt I wan't good enough to have such awesome readers.
 
Oh and KyuHyun-ah~~~~ Saengil chukahahae!!!!!!
 
Anyways, I definitely won't be able to update the next two weeks, possible three depending on when I finish my summer project so this story is going to go on a two to three week hiatus. I'm really sorry :(
 
@AiStudio: I'm sorry about that. The whole thing about AFF on maintenance screwed up all the comments. I didn't even know you commented until you told me.
 
@TheRoyalCouple: Haha. We'll find a name for them eventually.
 
Dear MinLo shipper,
Is it that obvious that I like her? *blushes*
I want to take it slow, though. I don't want to scare her away.
Being friends with her for now is fineeee.
Sincerely, 
Zelo
 
I think Shinyoung should call him pabo instead of Haneul calling LeeTeuk pabo.
I would've been very sad if Fluffy died. We would need to have a special tarantula funeral.
Ignored! XD
But then again I think it's good for Mel. He's there to keep her on her toes.
I hate it so much. It's the only think I hate about summer. Thank you!
 
@secretseweet: Aw. I'm sorry. I don't think it's going to happen anymore though since Jason is working relly hard to fix all the bugs in the site.
So far we have one for Team JongDy and one for Team MyungDy
Thank you!
But I don't want to do it!!! TT_TT
 
@i_candie: Everyone's all wet....
Haha. I still havew to sort all that out.
Yah! It's not a date! Zelo wants to be just friends.... for now
Spazz-worth is my word. I love that word. It just sounds cool (to me at least)
There are two things on the list right now: cats and chocolate
Well, not anymore. Now that Jina opened up, Aidan is starting to show his true colors, too.
Haha. All KyuHyun could ever do is dream, but now he has cake!
Did you see mal's teaser? OH MY GOODNESS! OH MY SOUL! Y CHARISMA IS BAAAACK!
Thank you!
Sigh.... but I don't want to do my project.... TT_TT