Chapter 6

Seoul High School for the Gifted
Haneul walked into the dance class somewhat scared and definitely still traumatized from the last time she had it. She wasn't the only one, however. Most of the class was huddled up in the corner while they waited for Kwon seonsaengnim to come.
 
She couldn't help but think if she was feeling scared, how much more would Melody? Melody would probably be terrified. She got in trouble last class and she even had to stay after to get reprimanded.
 
So many things were running through her head at the same time that it gave her a headache and she became dizzy. She decided that it was best to sit down like the rest of the class before something bad happened.
 
While she closed her eyes to let the pain go away, she felt an arm wrap around hers. Looking to the side, she found Melody burying her face in the younger's shoulder. IT was sort of a silly sight since Melody was the older one and much taller than Haneul so she had to bend her head down a lot.
 
"I'm scared." She confessed, her words muffled a little since her face was covered but Haneul's shoulder. Haneul didn't really know what to do. In this situation, she felt like she had to act like the unni, something she had never done before so she just patted Melody's head gently. Melody started to shake and Haneul panicked. Was she crying?
 
"Unni, k-kwaenchana?" Haneul's eyes widened but Melody kept shaking. Before she could respond, Kwon seonsaengnim walked in with the same aura that she had before. I wasn't necessarily mean or cold. It was more like authoritative.
 
But something about her was different. She wasn't wearing the usual dark, black clothes she usually did. The style was the same but the colors were different. She was a light, almost pastel pink shirt with light gray legging that gave off a completely different feeling. The look on her face, however, was the same.
 
Haneul looked around the room and everyone was just as confused as she was, that is, except for Melody who refused to let go of her arm, still crying and KyuHyun across the room who actually broke out in a smirk. I wasn't a smile but he definitely wasn't surprised at this.
 
"You know what?" Kwon seonsaengnim loudly asked the class in her booming voice. Everyone in the class seemed to sink in their seated positions, terrified at her comment. "You all," she paused looking for the right words to say as her eyes narrowed at the class. She waited a while, as if no word in the Korean language could express the emotions she was feeling towards them. "You guys deserve cookies." She finished in a soft, comforting voice before walking out quickly and coming back with a basket filled with chocolate chip cookies.
 
The class was dead silent. They were shocked and frozen at the sudden change in the teacher. It was so quiet that you could hear a pen drop from across the room, that is until two students started laughing hysterically.
 
"PWAHAHAHAHA. Oh god." Melody finally released Haneul's arm and literally ROFL'd. She was clutching her stomach which was in pain from all the laughter but she couldn't stop. "Your, your faces! You  should've seen your faces!" She managed to say in between breaths.
 
Even KyuHyun was laughing, not as much as Melody but he let out a few chuckles. "I can't believe you all actually fell for that." The class didn't know what to be surprised at more, that Kwon seonsaengnim was nice and giving out cookies, which were delicious, or that KyuHyun, the guy who kept a deadpan on most of the time, was smiling.
 
"Wait, I'm so confused!" A blonde guy at the back raised his hand with a complete deep face on. "What just happened?"
 
"Hold on, hold on." Melody tried to regulate her breathing again. "Okay, I'm good. I'll tell you."
 
FLASHBACK
 
Melody stood frozen in the corner of the room. Kwon seonsaengnim had called her to stay after class and even though her face had no emotion, inside she was freaking out completely. She felt like she was going to die.
 
"Melody-ah." Kwon seonsaengnim called out informally, which somewhat confused her. Melody may have lived in France her entire life but as far as she knew it wasn't normal to talk to someone you didn't really know informally.
 
"N-ne seonsaengnim." She stuttered. Her hands were shaking and became clammy. At the same time, she legs were shaking too which made it had for her to stand up and she could feel her heart beating a hundred mile per hour.
 
"Don't call me seonsaengnim. It makes me feel old, plus it's after class so just call me BoA unni. I hope you didn't get too scared from that lithe act I did."
 
END FLASHBACK
 
"Well, well what about you!" The blonde pointed at KyuHyun who just chuckled.
 
FLASHBACK
 
After class, KyuHyun waited for all the other students to leave before he left. It didn't take long. Most of the students wanted to leave as fast as they could so they didn't have to face her again.
 
"Ummm, Kwon seonsaengnim?" He approached her hesitantly.
 
"Ah KyuHyun! How are you? I haven't seen you since last year!" The frown on her face turned into a smile and her furrowed eyebrows softened up. She went over and embraced her in a hug.
 
He froze, completely shocked. How could someone act as cold and harsh as they did immediately change into a warm, loving person?
 
"Haha, I got you there with the whole mean act, huh? Don't worry. I'll tell the other students next class." She gave him a pat on the back and walked out of the classroom.
 
END FLASHBACK
 
"I'm sorry if I scared you too much, LeeTeuk." Kwon seonsaengnim referred to the blonde just talking. "I'm sorry if I scared you all, actually. I just wanted to try something new since it was a new school year. If you guys see JungMin, errr, I mean Park seonsaengnim, the acting teacher, in the hallways tell him happy birthday. He was the one who helped me pull off the whole "mean teacher" image." She ended her little speech with an eye smile and then continued on with the class as if nothing happened.
 
--
 
"Good morning!" Heo seonsaengnim walked into the class confidently with a smile on his face that showed of the small dimple on his cheek, making all the female students swoon and the male student groan in jealousy. "I hope you all prepared your duets."
 
ShinYoung and MinJung eyes widened before they looked at each other in shock. They were so busy hanging out with each other that they completely forgot everything. This exact same thing happened yesterday when they forgot to memorize their pieces for acting class. Maybe they should stop being partners all the time.
 
"Did you prepare anything?" ShinYoung whispered so only MinJung could hear and they wouldn't get in trouble for not doing the assignment which would probably be the easiest one Heo seonsaengnim would give the entire year.
 
"No but it's okay, unni." MinJung reassured the older but giving her a little nudge with her elbow in her side. ShinYoung's jaw dropped open in shock. How could MinJung be so lax about the situation?
 
"What do you mean it's okay? If I fail this assignment because of you-"
 
"Take a chill pill, unni. We"ll just wing it" The younger leaned back so she slouched against the mirror behind her that was actually of no use to the singers. It was mainly for the dancers when they had their classes in the room.
 
"Are you crazy? What are you talking about winging it? We can't-"
 
"Do you know Davichi's Love Oh Love?" MinJung asked which ShinYoung responded with a hesitant head nod. "There you go! You take MinKyung's parts and I'll take HaeRi's parts. End of conversation."
 
"Wait but!" ShinYoung tried to protest only to be interrupted for the nth time.
 
"Ah!" MinJung raised her finger signaling the older to stop talking. ShinYoung sighed in defeat.
 
"The first one to sing is WooHyun. I don't have you with a partner, is that right?" WooHyun gave a nod and unwrapped his arm from the shoulders of the random chick he was flirting with. He gave her a wink before standing up to which ShinYoung rolled her eyes. He stood at the front of the room and signaled the music (<----- click it XD) to start.

sigani tto meomchun geolkkayo     (Did time stop again?)
ireoke tto jami deunayo     (Is it going to fall asleep like this again?)
meonghani bakkeul barabodaga     (While staring blankly outside)
dunun gameun che geudae saenggagi naseo     (I’m thinking about you with my two eyes closed)

WooHyun closed his eyes, getting into the music and feeling all the emotions. ShinYoung felt everything. It reminded her of him. She blinked her eyes trying to hold back the tears. She was amazed that such a cold-hearted player could convey such emotions.

sigani tto heulleogajiman     (Even though time is passing by again)
dasi geuttaerona doraga     (I’m going back to that time again)
neoui gieoksoge modeungeol chajaboryeo noryeok haebojiman     (Although I try hard to find everything in your memories)

ShinYoung, who hadn't realized she was tearing until just now, quickly wiped them away before anoyone else could see, however it didn't go unnoticed by MinJung who immediately started scheming.

geugose honjaseo na ulgo itjiman     (I’m crying by myself there but)
nunmuri meomchwoseo na utgo itjiman     (As my tears stopped I’m laughing but)
dasi tto gidaryeo     (I’m waiting again)
na dasi sumswilttae kkaji     (Until I can breathe again)

"Good job." Heo seonsaengnim praised, or sort of. The class clapped their hands and ShinYoung stared on in awe. She met WooHyun's gaze who gave her a wink, snapping her out of her daze and rolling her eyes. "Now, MinJung and ShinYoung."

"Ready?" MinJung asked.

"Hope so." The two stood up in the front of the room and MinJung signaled the music (<----- click it XD).
 
(ShinYoung, MinJung, Both)
 
georeosseo geunyang georeosseo ni saenggagi na tto georeosseo    (I walked, I just walked- I thought of you so I walked again)
girirheun eorinaicheoreom galgoseul molla nunmuri na    (Like a child who is lost, I didn't know where to go and tears formed)
neowa naega darmagan gieok    (The memories of you and I becoming like each other)
neowa naega apatdeon gieok modu sojunghae    (The memories of our pain- All of it is precious)

jureureureureuk jureureureureuk     (Trickling, trickling)
nunmuri heulleo gieogi heulleo ajik neoreul saranghanabwa     (Tears are flowing, memories are flowingI guess I still love you)

gajima sarang sarang sarang     (Don't leave my love, love, love)
jebal jebal gajima     (Please, please don't leave)
nunmultuseongi sangcheotuseongi nae gaseumeun eotteohhae     (Filled with tears, filled with scars- what should I do with my heart?)
apa apa apa gajima saranga     (
It hurts, it hurts, it hurts, don't leave my love)
 
"That was amazing, ladies." Heo seonsaengnim, himself clapped earning blushed in both girls' cheeks. The applause of the students was much louder than the applause given to WooHyun so when MinJung walked past him, she gave him a smirk.
 
"Yah!" ShinYoung hit the younger lightly on the shoulder when she saw. "Why did you do that? He's my roommate! If he does something to get back at us, I'm his target!" MinJung just chuckled and smiled at herself, knowing what she just did.
 
--
 
Jina had her head down on the table again. She was just waiting for the class to finish even though it didn't actually start yet. Kim seonsaengnim wasn't even here yet. She completely hated this class. She hated the teacher because he was just so annoying. He didn't know a thing about teaching or kids. Put that together and you get a horrible teacher. She hated the whole concept of a class that would teach you how to write a song. She thought it was impossible to teach someone composing because it's something that just hits you. You have to be able to express your own emotion. It's not something that could be taught. You had to experience it. 
 
"Hey." She rolled her eyes when she felt her seat mate come and take the desk next to her. She felt him push over a bag to her desk before giving her a cold bottle of milk too. "I'm really sorry about before. I didn't see the milk so I didn't know I would spill it so to make it up to you I bought you some cookies and another glass of milk and I even bought you a new notebook to replace your old one, even though I know that it can't really make up for all the songs-"
 
"Can you just shut up, JaeSun?" Jina bursted out, making JaeSun quiet. There was an awkward silence where Jina just glared daggers at the older boy who seemed to shrink under her gaze. Jina may have been younger than him but she was much, much, more intimidating. JaeSun shook off his fear and kept going on.
 
"Yah! You're younger than me! You have to call me oppa!" JaeSun joked around. He didn't know why but he felt a connection towards her, telling him to make friends. He could tell that even though on the outside she acted cold and hard, on the inside she was fragile. He was determined to get her to talk to him.
 
"Just shut up and go away, p-please." Something felt different about her voice as it quivered slightly at the end before trailing off to almost a whisper. JaeSun knew something was wrong, but he couldn't see her face as she placed her head back on the desk, cradled between her arms.
 
"Y-yah, kwaenchana?" He asked hesitantly. He placed his hand on her shoulder, going to rub it to give her comfort but what he felt when he touched her surprised him. She was shaking and he could hear a few faint sniffles from her.
 
"Don't talk to me." Jina kept pushing him away but that only made him want to help her even more. He wrapped he left arm across her shoulders and gave her reassuring pats while rocking her body gently, but one thing kept bothering him. Had he done this?
 
"You want to talk about it?" She shook her head no but didn't push him off. He didn't know if it was because she was finally, after all his trying, starting to accept him or because she didn't have the energy to keep rejecting him. Either way, he was slightly happy that she was actually starting to open up to him.
 
She kept sobbing into her arms but she liked the comfort that came in with his warmth. The two got weird stares from the surrounding students who started coming into the classroom and a concerned look from Kim seonsaengnim when he finally entered. Even though he didn't like kids, he still didn't like it when people cried.
 
"Kim seonsaengnim," JaeSun raised his hand to catch the teacher's attention. "Can we step outside for a few minutes?" He gave a nod and JaeSun helped Jina up so she rested her head on his shoulder, burying it in the cloth.
 
The two walked that way to the door, of course receiving a lot of attention from all the students since they sat at the back left corner of the room while the door was on the front right. They had to pass by every single student.
 
When they made it to the front, one guy gave a wave, catching the attention of JaeSun who replied by looking at him. The guy, who JaeSun remembered as YongHwa mouthed "What happened?" to which JaeSun just gave a shrug since he really didn't know.
 
--
 
Aidan walked into class with the mob surrounding him as usual. He was really getting tired of them, not that he actually liked them in the first place anyway, but when he went into the classroom, they stayed by the door just staring at him. It was actually getting a little creepy.
 
"Excuse me students," JeA seonsaengnim tried to make her way through the mob. When the fan girls saw it was her, they immediately split down the middle, not because she was a teacher, they would care less about the teachers, but because she was just so pretty. 
 
"Ne seonsaengnim!" They all chorused together. There was probable over fifteen of them there but the fact that they hung out together constantly just following Aidan around had actually united them almost as if they acted as one single body.
 
"I think you all should go to your class." JeA seonsaengnim politely requested which they all responded with a groan. Realizing they didn't want to leave their idol, if you want to call Aidan that, she leaned closer to them to whisper. "I know, he's adorable, right?" All the fan girls shook their heads violently in agreement with huge grins on their faces that went from ear to ear. "I'll try to make sure he won't talk to any other girls in class." She bribed them.
 
"Gomawo seonsaengnim! Seonsaengnim jinjja jjang~!" The fan girls squealed at JeA seonsaengnim's awesomeness. They hurried to their next class, infatuated with thoughts of seeing Aidan lated. JeA seonsaengnim shook her head that the obsessive students, still keeping a smile on her face.
 
"So you're the famous Aidan, huh?" Aidan looked up from his desk to see a girl, but she wasn't just a normal girl. She had a very masculine feel to her still while keeping some femininity though the minimal amounts of make-up that she wore.
 
"Uh, yea, I guess." Aidan was slightly more comfortable talking to her for some sort of reason even though he knew she was a girl. She ran her fingers through her short hair before holding it out for a shake.
 
"The name's Amber, just Amber." He held his hand out but when he shook her hand, a blush immediately crept across his face. Her whole image made him forget he was talking to a girl but when he touched her soft hands, it reminded him that she was one.
 
"Y'know, kid, you have some swag." She ruffled his hair and gave him a little nod to which he replied just by fixing he hair because he didn't really understand what she was saying.
 
"Huh? S-swag?" Amber chuckled at his lameness. She wasn't Korean so she never actually learned "proper" Korean. She was so much more comfortable just speaking slang.
 
"I've never seen anyone make a whole bunch of girls fall for him as fast as you did, kid. I give you props for that." She sat up on the desk and set her feet on the chair.
 
"Okay, I'll start class now." JeA seonsaengnim announced at the front of the room as she fixed the laptop to project an image of the slides for her lesson on the board.
 
"See you 'round, kid." Amber ruffled Aidan's hair one last time before finding her seat across the room.
 
--
 
Haneul sat on the bench in the school courtyard by herself. She wasn't in the mood to see Melody, MinJung, ShinYoung, or anyone at the moment. She just wanted to be by herself.
 
"Umma, Ruko, Senna." She looked up at the sky watching the clouds float past and a few tears leaked out of her eyes. "It's been years but I miss you guys. I'll be really happy when the day comes for me to see you all again." 
 
"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone?" The same blonde from class approached her,taking a seat next to her on the bench. Haneul remembered his name was LeeTeuk.
 
"Nothing." A small blush spread on her face as he was obviously flirting with her, forcing her to turn her head, but she didn't really mind his cheesiness since all that was on her mind was the event exactly five years ago when her mother and little brother and sister died.
 
She had gotten over it, with the help of step-mom, who she calls mom since no one could replace her umma, but she can't help but remember them on the anniversary of the date.
 
"You know, I think I'm going to call you yeppeo because you're so pretty." The blush on Haneul's face definitely became more prominent as she turned almost as red as a tomato .She had to admit, even though he was acting kind of jerk-ish, it got her mind off stuff and cleared her head, cheering her up a bit. She was about to respond when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.
 
-----
 
To: Haneul
From: Melody
3:54 PM
 
Yah! I have to tell you something really really really really important! I'm at your dorm waiting! (Jina let me in.)
 
-----
 
"Ummmm, I-I have to go." She stood up and bowed to walk away.
 
"Bye yeppeo!" LeeTeuk waved before giving a chuckle.
 
--
 
"Shhhh. She's coming!" Haneul could here as she opened the door to her dorm but only to be greeted with complete darkness. Even the curtains covered the windows so no sunlight came in.
 
"Jina? Melody?" She walked around but there was no one there.
 
"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The lights and Melody, MinJung, or Falcon as they like to call her now, ShinYoung, and even Jina was there holding a cake and balloons.
 
"Wah! You guys did all this?" The three girls came and engulfed Haneul in a group hug. Jina stayed behind with the other three guys that were in the room. 
 
Their faces were familiar but she still couldn't put names with them. She recognized one of them as Jina's tutor. Jina probably had a session but was interrupted but the party which made Haneul feel a little guilty.
 
One of the other faces she finally did match with a name. It was KyuHyun, a student from her class. The last one she recognized as the guy who would walk Jina back to the dorm after class. Why they were there, she had no idea. 
 
"Oh well," She though. "At least I have more people to party with. " She joined the group sitting on the couch ready to give her presents to her. Melody looked very eager so she decided to open her present first.
 
"Here! Open it!" Melody passed Haneul a small box and when she unwrapped it, it was a jewelry box. Haneul was touched. Was Melody really willing to spend so much money on her?
 
"Wah, Melody, you didn't have-"
 
"Just open it!" Expectantly, Hanuel opened up the small velvet box but instead of her eyes meeting a necklace, earrings, or a bracelet, it met a piece of paper with a picture (click on it <-----  XD) on it.
 
"Yah!" Haneul threw the box at Melody who was cracking up laughing so hard on the couch that she almost fell off and MinJung and ShinYoung sitting next to her had to keep her steady.
 
"OH GOD! YOU JUST GOT TROLLED!" Hanuel pouted at her other half, a little mad from the prank, but she had to admit it was pretty funny. When Melody finally calmed down, she gave Haneul her real present.
 
"Thanks, thanks a lot." Hanuel rolled her eyes. While everyone else else was partying, Haneul's eyes wandered to Jina who was sitting in the corner silently reading her notebook and that's when it hit her. "Omo! Unni, saengil chukhahae!"
 
"Huh?" Everyone else turned around staring at Hanuel who engulfed Jina in a bear hug while Jina was trying to push the younger one off. 
 
"It's unni's birthday on Sunday!" Haneul proudly announced in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone, showing off her "close" relationship with her roommate.
 
Everyone else responded by giving Jina a "Saengil chukhahae." or just a smile followed but a pat on the back. They didn't really know what to say since none of them were that close to Jina yet, except for JaeSun who eyed her from the back, wondering why she never told him it was her birthday even though he was one of the closest people to her, not that they were actually really close.
 
Jina kept a straight face on, acting like she didn't care but on the inside she gave a little smile. "At least someone remembered." She thought, her hand playing with her phone waiting for at least one call or at least a text from her family but getting nothing.

Guess what! For once I'm not eating! LOL But that's only because I ate before I started writing. God that ramyun tasted so good :)
 
Early update this week because it's Haneul's B-Day and on Sunday it's Jina's! SAENGIL CHUKHAHAE HANEUL AND JINA! <3
 
YES! ALL MY EXAMS ARE OVER AND I HAVE A WEEK OF BREAK AND I'M GOING TO HAWAII TO VISIT MY COUSIN!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDD SO HAPPEHHHHH!
 
@dattebayo-go: So is is JaeKYu or SaeHyun? XD
 
@KimKyuHyun: LOL NO MORE JUNK FOOD FOR YOU!
 
@Twiillaa: Daebak! I hae family in Arkansas and Canada! Whaaaaaa CANADA IS THE SHIZZZ! LOL I love Canada for its ketchup chips and Tim Horton's XD. Yes. More food. There's only one Timmie's I know of in NYC and it's all the way in Manhattan so I have to take a bus and two train to get there (around 30 mins) but I would go there anyway just for an iced capp and a maple dip XD
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: Well chewing gum doesn't really count as eating, now does it? 
 
@TheBestOfKpop: I think JaeKyu is just naturally awkward. I'm trying my hardes to get them to be comfortable with each other but it jsut comes out as... awkward LOL. It's like they have minds of their own and they're telling me they don't want to be friends XD.
 
@Sherry_16: I was thinking of her codename should be Vulture but I thought that was to violent and Falcon fit her way better. Sparrows are puny and helpless XD.
 
@i_candie: Oh god but if she hits them with her guitar then it would break like how GD broke the guitar in every performace of Tonight. Such a waste of a perfectly good guitar Dx. 
Whaaaaa????? DID YOU JUST CALL ME OLD?????? I am NOT some shriveled up old lady Dx.NO KYUJONG GET RIGHT BACK HERE! IF YOU GO HELP HER THEN YOU ARE FIRED!
 
@secretseweet: You should... it's fun to see their faces XD.