Chapter 20

Seoul High School for the Gifted

JaeSun stayed by the tree he was hiding behind, unsure if he should go over there and interrupt her beautiful piece. He was battling himself. He would take a step towards her and then take it back and hide again because he doubted himself. Maybe he should just wait until he was done but then again, what if she leaves?

 
Taking a deep breath, JaeSun collected up all his courage and started walking slowly towards her. At the same time, thoughts were running furiously through his mind about what he was going to say and how he was going to get her to be his musician and singer for his songs. While his mind was preoccupied, JaeSun didn’t notice a twig in his path and when he accidentally stepped on it, it snapped. The sound resonated in the big clearing, almost echoing throughout the emptiness.
 
The sound caught the girl’s attention and when she turned around, she looked horrified, horrified that someone had been listening to her the entire time. Her eyes were widened and her jaw was slightly ajar as she clutched the neck of her red acoustic guitar with both her hands for her life.
 
“Ummmm.” JaeSun’s lips stretched to the right slightly as he rubbed the back of his neck, thinking about what to say. There was a silence before he could finally find the words he was looking for. “Hello. My name is JaeSun and I was just wondering if-” Before he could finish, she bolted out of there, in some unknown direction. “Hey, wait!”
 
JaeSun chased after her. It all seemed like déjà vu and, just like before, she was running so fast despite carrying a guitar that was about one half her own frame. He wondered how she could run away so quickly as he struggled to keep up, but then something hit JaeSun. He was still in his running mood from his jog. He started picking up his pace and soon the distance between them was getting smaller and smaller. He was in the zone.
 
“Hey!” JaeSun didn’t give up. He kept running and in a few seconds, he finally caught up to her. “I need to talk to you. Why do you keep running away?” He turned her around by her shoulder and watched as she avoided his eyes by staring right past him. She pursed lips together and then bit nervously. “My name is JaeSun, Seo JaeSun future famous composer.” He added the end with a confident look on his face and his hands resting on his with his chest puffed out like a superhero.
 
“M-my name is Lee JiEun.” She said a little hesitantly but had a small smile on her face from when JaeSun announced his title. She hugged her guitar close to her body, as if it would be taken away from her if she didn’t. JaeSun was about to joke that if she hugged it any tighter, the neck would snap but he decided not to, thinking it might offend her more that lighten the awkward atmosphere.
 
“Ah! I know you! You sang the duet with MyungSoo sunbae in the showcase, right? You did really well.” Once he said that, her face lit up with a big smile. What struck JaeSun was her eye smile. It was cute and would be the envy of any other girl. The only problem was that, from what he saw so far, she didn’t smile often because she was too timid so others wouldn’t be able to see it.
 
“Ne, kamsahamnida.” She bowed ninety degrees but then when she came back up, she kept her head facing down to hide the embarrassed smile on her face. “It’s all thanks to MyungSoo sunbae. He helped and he did all the work.” JaeSun made a few “ahhs” and “uh-huhs” as he listened but when she stopped talking, he immediately started.
 
“So, as I was saying, I am a soon-to-be-famous composer and like any composer, I need a musician and singer to record guide songs for my compositions.” He said. JiEun, in her quietness just nodded, not replying to his implications. She probably just didn’t pick it up.
 
“I think Lee MinJung would be a good fit, if you heard of her. Her voice has a good range and the tone is nice. If you want a musician, I heard Kang Jina plays well, but you would need to talk to her about it first. People told me she’s really closed.” JiEun suggested but JaeSun chuckled and then shook his head. “I really need to go now.”
 
“Wait!” JaeSun stopped her. “I don’t think you get the point. I want you to be my guide musician. I heard you playing earlier and you would be perfect. Would you do it?” He put on his best puppy dog face, trying to act cute, and let me tell you, cute and JaeSun do not mix at all. It was a sight best not talk about anymore.
 
“B-but I can’t, I-I don’t like being the center. I think it’s best if people d-didn’t listen to me.” She said meekly with her head down. Her bangs and the rest of her hair fell down in front of her face so that JaeSun couldn’t see it anymore. She kept rubbing her arms with the palms of her hands and tugging on her fingers.
 
“How did you play in the showcase then if there was a huge audience?” He asked, confused. He felt a little hurt that she was rejecting him with excuses. He felt she just didn’t want to do it and was lying to him to get out of the situation. If she didn’t want to, she could’ve just told the truth.
 
“I told you. It was all because of MyungSoo sunbae. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have stepped one foot into the auditorium.” She quietly took a few steps backward to try to leave. “But I’ll think about it. If I decide to, I’ll come and tell you, just don’t approach me.” And with that, she ran away.
 
--
 
An awkward silence lingered in the air and the only sound came from MinJung’s soft footsteps on the concrete. Her heels weren’t that tall so she could still run in them, maybe about 2 inches, nothing like JoKwon’s 8 inch heels, but they were still tall enough to make a sound. Zelo, on the other hand, was wearing simple converse so his footsteps were quiet.
 
MinJung didn’t like the silence but she didn’t know what to say. She wasn’t really comfortable around guys since she grew up in an all-girls school her entire life. The only guys she was comfortable around were JaeSun, KyuHyun, and Aidan, though I would argue that she was still somewhat awkward around Aidan. She was happy that her footsteps filled up at least some of the empty void.
 
Zelo felt the exact same thing. He wanted to say something but every time he would open that mouth of his, his throat would go dry and he couldn’t speak. He regretted not buying a bottle of water back when he was still at the café. Constantly, he would wipe the palms of his hands on his thighs to remove the sweat that was accumulating there from being next to the girl he liked. Everyone knew he likes MinJung. Was it really that obvious?
 
But in the midst of his crush, he decided one thing. He was definitely wasn’t going to rush anything. He wanted to take it slow. He didn’t want to make any moves to go out with her just yet. He only wanted to be friends, that is, for now. They were hanging out right now, not going on a date. He wanted to get close to her and get to know her first before pursuing a relationship in that direction because everyone knows that if you rush things, it always ends up bad. A relationship should be founded on friendship.
 
“So I was thinking we could just stroll around in that park.” Zelo suggested as he started walking towards the park that was near the school. “The weather is nice except for those clouds in the sky but I guess it’s okay since there’s shade, plus I really want to go on the swings.” He mumbled the last part, a little embarrassed about acting childish. MinJung smiled but she couldn’t shake off the feeling that they were being followed. She tried to ignore it just to be nice to Zelo.
 
The walk to the park was short since it was right in between the café and the edge of campus. Zelo’s eyes lit up like a little kid who just got candy when he saw two swings unoccupied. He quickly grabbed MinJung by the wrist and dragged her there so they could swing together. It was good that her heels weren’t that high of she would’ve tripped.
 
“Wahhhhh!” He let out excitedly as he kicked his legs in the air. MinJung was enjoying, too. She fished out her Nikon from her bag and began taking pictures of them playing around. Well, actually it was more of taking pictures of Zelo since it was hard for her to take pictures of both of them at the same time with Zelo being so hyper. The smile Zelo had on his face was so bright and contagious; it made MinJung feel so natural around him, not so awkward anymore.
 
By the end of twenty minutes, the two were laughing at each other like they had known each other for forever. Zelo had stolen MinJung’s camera and was busy taking pictures of whatever he could. MinJung didn’t like that fact that he took it without her permission and was chasing him around the entire park trying to get it back. All the running made the pictures blurry but he didn’t really mind. Zelo thought the way MinJung’s eye brows would furrow in frustration was cute.
 
“Shhhh.” MinJung whispered with her index finger held up to her lips and then the two stopped. She looked around suspiciously and waited with her right hand up to her hear to help he be able to hear better before speaking again. “Do you hear that?”
 
“Hear what?” Zelo asked a little confused but then as if on cue, a faint sound of buzzing, like the one on a walkie- talkie could be heard before a few quiet mumbles in the direction of the bushes behind the swings. The two tip-toed there slowly so they wouldn’t be noticed in order to get a better listen.
 
“I have been following Sparrow. Sparrow is with a Predator. I repeat, Sparrow is with a Predator. Do I have permission to commence Operation Protect the Princess?” MinJung’s eyes widened when she realized the situation. She didn’t even have to see the person to realize it was another one of her father’s bodyguards following her again. Zelo was still lost.
 
“Run!” She yelled out, grabbing Zelo in the process. “Don’t ask any questions, just run.” She told Zelo. She looked back at the bodyguard shocked that his cover was blown. “I told you already! I want to be called Falcon! And do you really have to use “Princess”? How about “Heroine”? Doesn’t that sound better?”
 
“The Sparrow is escaping! The Sparrow is escaping with the Predator! I need back up!” The bodyguard repeated one last time before chasing Zelo and MinJung down. In the distance, MinJung could see three more bodyguards coming over. She rolled her eyes at their over-protectiveness.
 
“Follow me. I know a place we can hide without them finding us.” She said before leading the way back to campus.
 
--
 
“Ahjumma, one more bowl of rice please!” ShinYoung asked in a polite way despite her raised voice after she swallowed the food that was in . “Gomawoyo!” She said when the ahjumma came back with another steaming bowl of rice. WooHyun sat there dumbfounded at how such a skinny girl could down three bowls of rice, that’s including the one she just got, and two servings of samgyupsal.
 
“Wah, jinjja daebak.” WooHyun’s jaw dropped open. She ate a lot, but still managed not to look like a pig. It’s not like she shoved everything in . She took small frequent bites. He stared at his own half-eaten serving of samgyupsal and barely touched bowl of rice. “That’s one fast metabolism you have there.” He joked.
 
“Ah, really?” ShinYoung looked down and pushed her bowl away from her. She bit her bottom lip softly and turned away as her fingers involuntarily started to fidget. WooHyun, even though her head was turned away from him, noticed her sudden blinking and realized she was tearing making his own eyes widen.
 
“No, no, no.” He waved he arms frantically. “I didn’t mean to offend you, I mean, it was a compliment! I like girls who eat a lot, not that I like you in that way, but not that anyone wouldn’t like you like that! You’re really pretty and, aish. I’m just digging myself into a bigger hole, aren’t I?” WooHyun mentally face palmed as he rambled one.
 
“I know.” ShinYoung smiled at WooHyun’s attempt to make her feel better. She wiped away the tears that managed to escape despite her efforts quickly and then face him again. “It’s not that I got hurt. I take the fact that I can eat a lot a compliment. My ex once told me that girls who eat were much better those girls who starve themselves no matter what they look like because the girls who eat are much healthier. You just reminded me of him when you said that. That’s all.”
 
Silence followed ShinYoung’s confession. She was mad at herself for acting so weak in front of WooHyun while WooHyun was beating himself up for reminding ShinYoung of such a painful memory even though he didn’t know the whole story. The only thing to break the silence was a loud roar of thunder outside followed by the soft trickle of the rain hitting the window.
 
ShinYoung looked outside and smiled again. The rain calmed her and suddenly all her sadness washed away along with the raindrops that fell to the ground. WooHyun, on the other hand, was stull squirming uncomfortably in his seat due to the silence. He didn’t really like the quiet and felt it was his fault.
 
“What do you think would happen if we just ran away right now without paying for the food we ate?” WooHyun’s voice snapped ShinYoung out of her thoughts and forced her to face him. WooHyun’s feet tapped nervously on the ground as he waited for the answer.
 
“Well, I would saw it would be kind of hard to just run since it’s raining outside and it would be wrong. I’m not going to cheat the nice ahjumma of her money after she took care of us like that and even gave me extra banchan.” ShinYoung pouted but was still slightly confused at the randomness of his comment.
 
“Well, I sort of, kind of left my wallet at home so I can’t really, like, pay for the food since I don’t have any money one me.” WooHyun stuttered a bit and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment while avoiding all eye contact from ShinYoung. In response, she just laughed.
 
“If you needed money, then why didn’t you just ask?” She smiled and dug into her bag, pulling out a red leather wallet with a cat on the front. “Don’t worry. I’ll pay.” She got up and went to the counter. WooHyun felt guilty for making the girl pay. As the guy, it should’ve been his duty but it not like he could help it. She came back and WooHyun got up and led her to the door.
 
“I guess we have to run.” He said when he realized it was still raining and by the look of it, it probably wasn’t going to stop soon. ShinYoung shyly tugged the sleeve of his jacket to get his attention and then pointed at her shoes. Immediately, she regretted putting on those heels when she left. She should’ve worn sneakers.
 
It was WooHyun’s turn to laugh now. He took of his jacket and draped it over her shoulders so she could use it as a cover from the rain and then bent down in front of her. “Hop on.” He said simply. ShinYoung didn’t move, unsure if she should. “It’s fine, just get on.” He smiled while turning back to look at her. She shook her head, making WooHyun shake his. He proceeded instead behind her and picked her up bridal style. “Don’t be so stubborn.”
 
A blush appeared on ShinYoung’s face, but she covered it with her hands fast enough so that WooHyun couldn’t see, and then WooHyun fixed the jacket so it covered her. With that, he walked back to the dorm.
 
--
 
“Huh?” Jina thought aloud when she felt something wet drop on her head. She and Aidan were sitting on a bench just outside her dorm talking, for once, comfortably but were interrupted. She looked up in the sky and saw the dark clouds bunching together as small drops of water started to fall from them. She smiled at the feeling of the water on her skin. It tickled slightly but then she felt a small tug on her sleeve.
 
“We should go in now.” Aidan took off his coat to use as a cover. It just barely covered the two of them. Jina pouted and hesitantly followed him. Since they were the closest to Jina’s dorm and Aidan’s dorm was still a walk away, they decided to stay there for the time being or until the storm blew over.
 
Aidan didn’t really know where to go. He had never actually been in a girl’s house before so he walked awkwardly over to the sofa when he came in. He sat very defensively with his knees together and his hands neatly on them. His back was straight up, not even touching the backrest, and he just sort of looked around the room clueless.
 
Jina sensed his awkwardness and decided to make her next daring move of the day. She decided she would be the one to start a conversation. Yes, the introvert that we all know and love named Jina would be the first to talk out of her own will. It’s a weird thought. Jina usually has to be approached if you want to get to know her better but she was determined to change and it was definitely for the better.
 
“You want to see my room?” She asked awkwardly while leaning against the exposed wall next to the widescreen TV given to every room courtesy of Headmaster Lee’s own pocket. Yes, you all should be thankful for that. “You would be the first person to go into my room. I mean, of course my family saw my room before I came here but ever since I lived here, no one ever went in, not even Haneul.”
 
“Okay.” Aidan complied, thinking it would be rude to decline. She was letting him see a secret she never exposed to anyone else. Who was he to say no? And he had to take the opportunity once he got it. Who knew the next time she would open up to him like that? Sure, it was a little – no a lot – awkward but he was sure eventually it wouldn’t be.
 
“So,” She opened up the door and let him in. “I’m sorry about the mess.” She said as she maneuvered around the piles of scattered papers, each covered with little drawings on whatever free space there was availiable on the margins, and clothes, hopefully clean, on the floor. “No one usually comes in so I don’t really clean. As long as I know where everything is, who cares about how it looks, right?” Jina tried to crack a joke but failed to get a response as Aidan just nodded in agreement. Jina felt a little discouraged but whatever.
 
He looked around the room and saw that the only things organized neatly were her instruments. In the small space of her room, everything was scattered carelessly around the room as if they had no significance but all her instruments were arranged neatly near the window.
 
In the corner was her keyboard and next to it her violin set on its stand. Next to them were three guitar stands but the guitar in the middle wasn’t there. On the left was a black acoustic guitar and on the right a cherry red Gibson Electric with an autograph on it, but he couldn’t decipher who. The missing guitar was probably the one she was carrying right now.
 
He took a step and heard a crinkling under his foot. He looked down to see one of the many papers thrown on the floor. He looked closer at it and saw it was a music sheet. Now, he was a science and math major so the only thing he could read on the paper was the title that was still a little difficult because so Jina’s rushed handwriting. It read something along the lines of “Love U, Like U” but he wasn’t really sure.
 
“Nice room.” He joked. “It looks just like JaeSun hyung’s room, though he probably won’t admit it. He acts like a prim and proper umma but the one place he never lets us go into is his room. I went in once, when he wasn’t at the dorm and I swear your room looks exactly like his.” He smiled and looked around the room some more. “Hey what’s that?” He saw a large clear plastic box with a green plastic lid buried underneath the pile of papers on Jina’s desk. Inside, the bottom was lined with gravel and there was a hollow log and a feeding dish.
 
“Oh, that?” He picked it up and inspected it. “That’s my pet spider. His name is Fluffly. I brought him because my parents hate him and I’m sure if I left him home, they probably would’ve killed him, just don’t tell anyone because technically we can’t have any pets here.”
“Wait, but I don’t see- Holy crap! That thing isn’t a spider! It’s a freaking monster!” Fluffy emerged from the log and, apparently, Fluffy was a six inch tarantula. Aidan let go of the case in fear and Jina panicked, running from her spot near the window.
 
“Fluffy!” She yelled and dove for the case, catching it just before it touched the ground. “I swear, if you killed Fluffy, I would kill you.” She glared at him but in a joking manner, making Aidan laugh along with her.
 
--
 
Melody was still pretty pissed with what JongHyun said. JongHyun may not have been that important to Melody but his words still hurt. She worked hard to be a better actress and he just crushed down all her hopes at improving. At the same time, it motivated her to keep working at it just to shove it in his face.
 
I hate that short piece of crap. He’s so stupid I just want to kill the jerk.” She kept mumbling silently to herself, but loud enough so that MyungSoo could still hear her. The only thing was that his English was limited and she was talking too fast for him to understand. “I swear one day I’m going to sneak into his dorm and he’ll never wake up again.” In her anger, Melody walked up to a tree and kicked it with all her energy repeatedly. Tears of rage began streaming down her face.
 
“Stop!” MyungSoo ran up to her and hugged her tightly to keep her from moving and hurting herself anymore. Still, Melody was struggling to break free but MyungSoo sat her down so that they sat next to each other with his arms around her. She stopped moving and MyungSoo looked down at her foot. He took off her flat carefully and Melody winced in pain. Her big toe was a bright red and the other toes a more pale pink. “See what you did? Pabo.”
 
Melody looked away and laid down in frustration. She didn’t feel the pain in her foot anymore. It subsided but she was still as mad as ever. “I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.” She kept muttering over and over again. Soon, she found herself banging the back of her head on the ground.
 
“I said stop it already!” MyungSoo scolded her again. Melody on the other hand didn’t listen and even went as far as to dig her hands into the soil next to her and tearing out blades of grass. “Aish. I said stop already! You’re really stubborn, aren’t you?” He grabbed her hands so that they wouldn’t ruthlessly destroy the nature the school spent oh-so-many hours taking care off. “I bet the janitors are going to wonder why there are random spots on the ground now.” He joked but Melody didn’t laugh.
 
“Just go away.” She said with no emotion facing the other direction. “I need some time to think about all this.” MyungSoo sighed but didn’t show any signs of moving. He was just as stubborn as Melody and didn’t think it would be right to leave her alone especially when she was mad like that. Who knew what she would do?
 
The two sat in silence. Melody was too angry to insist on MyungSoo leaving and MyungSoo was too tired from fighting off Melody to start a conversation. Occasionally, a few tears of anger would escape the corners of Melody’s eyes but she would wipe them quick enough before MyungSoo would notice. He would only see her moving her hand and think nothing of it.
 
Soon enough, just as the dark clouds in the sky warned, the rain started coming down. MyungSoo stood up and put the hood over his head to give himself some over. Melody on the other hand stayed completely still with her eyes clothes. The cover on MyungSoo allowed him to get just a little wet but Melody was already soaking wet yet she didn’t care.
 
“Hey, you’re going to get sick. Come on, we have to go. You can’t stay here.” MyungSoo nudged her arm to shake her and bring some life back into her but she didn’t give a response so he lifted her upper bod up to sit and immediately, she leaned on him, burying her face in the crook of his neck. He felt a warm liquid trail from her face that he knew didn’t come from the cold rain.
 
“I’m sick of him, so sick. He’s just so urgh. He always does that. He just loves to put me down, doesn’t he?” Melody confessed with her head still down. Unintentionally, she pushed MyungSoo’s hood of when she buried her face into his neck deeper. He didn’t care and just proceeded to rub her back soothingly.
 
“Just ignore him, Mel. I know JongHyun can be a jerk sometimes but it’s just who he is. Sometimes he’s a jerk to me but it’s all habitual. Usually, he doesn’t even notice he’s acting like that.” MyungSoo’s comforting voice paired together with his words softened Melody a little, but only a little. She still felt a little mad, just not as much as before.
 
“Truthfully, the only reason I put up with him is because I know he’s your bro. If I had a choice, I would just cut him out of my life completely.” She confessed. MyungSoo chuckled and then lifted her head up so that he could take a good look at her. Her eyes were a little puffy and her nose red, but he didn’t find her any less beautiful. He brushed away her wet hairs that stuck to her face along with the stray tears that his hoodie didn’t soak up and then leaned in to capture her lips with his.
 
--
 
“Wahhh!” Haneul lifted up a Scottish fold kitten to her face so that it was eye level with her and then buried her face into the kitten’s soft fur. “You’re so adorable! Can I take you home with me?” Her coos constantly flowed out of nonstop. The entire time she and LeeTeuk were at the café, all her attention were on the cats that ran to her feet the minute she stepped through the door.
 
Haneul had loved animals for as long as she could remember and LeeTeuk could see that just in the way that she looked at the hordes of cats that followed her wherever she went because, apparently, they loved her back. The only problem was that LeeTeuk was sitting at the table completely neglected since all of Haneul’s attention was on the furry little creatures.
 
LeeTeuk groaned while placing his Americano back on the table with a frustrated thud. The whole reason he brought – well, more like kidnapped – Haneul to the café for this unofficial “date” was so that he could spend time with her and get to know her but apparently, she had other things in mind. She was too busy to even give him a glance in his direction.
 
“Yeppeo,” He called out with his head leaning back against the back of the chair and his index finger and thumb pinching the bridge of his nose. “…I’m getting bored and it’s getting kind of late. We should get back now.” He made up an excuse to leave. He didn’t like having to share Haneul with others even though his competition was a little baby cat with its beady eyes and cute little purrs.
 
“Arasseo.” She got up from crouching down next to the cats that followed her wherever she went and walked over to the table LeeTeuk was sitting down at to get her Americano and bag so that they could leave even though she didn’t want to. A pout was evident on her face and, though LeeTeuk’s motives were somewhat selfish, he had no regrets.
 
But just as they were about to leave, a streak of light flew across the gray clouds in the sky followed by the loud boom of thunder. Haneul smiled as the rain came pouring down hard almost instantly after that however LeeTeuk let out another grumble of defeat. They were trapped at the café, that is, at least until after the rain stopped.
 
“Yes! My babies!” Haneul went rushing back into the café partly so that she wouldn’t get wet from the rain but mostly so that she could play with her “babies” some more. Even though she was with them for only an hour or so, she grew an attachment to them and definitely did not want to be separated. LeeTeuk, on the other hand, went back to sulk on his chair and just stared at the window praying for the rain to stop.
 
“Aish. I regret coming here.” He said, not directing it to anyone specifically. It was more for him but it was still loud enough for Haneul to hear and almost instantly, guilt started to creep into her. He brought her to this amazing cat café so they could hang out but here she was completely ignoring him because she cared more about the cats.
 
“Pabo!” She called out to him with his new nickname and he turned around making her laugh. “Haha. You must really be a pabo since you answered to it.” LeeTeuk gave an unimpressed look before staring at the window again. “Yah! I’m not done talking to you! Come over here!” With a deep breath, LeeTeuk got up and approached her with the same look on his face as before.
 
“Okay. I’m here. Now what?” His voice carried on monotonously and Haneul knew what she did was wrong. Whenever LeeTeuk would talk to her before, there was such energy and vibrance in his voice but now it was just emotionless so she tugged on his arm so that he could sit next to her on the floor and after a few pulls, she managed to convince him to flop down next to her.
 
“This one is my favorite.” Haneul pointed out the same small Scottish fold kitten as before. The kitten saw Haneul’s finger and immediately became interested in the attention she was getting. She treated the finger like a toy and began jumping at it to play. “Her name is Nala, like the lioness in Lion King.” She picked up the hyper little kitten and placed her in her lap and she snuggled between Haneul’s legs to find a comfy position. “You want to hold her?”
 
“Whatever.” LeeTeuk replied with a little more heart in it but it was still a little dull. He couldn’t help but peek at the kitten every once in a while. She was just too cute to resist. Haneul smiled and then placed Nala onto LeeTeuk’s lap and almost instantaneously, Nala began burying her face into LeeTeuk’s shirt and purring whenever he would make moves to pet her. A smile appeared on LeeTeuk’s face.
 
“It looks like she likes you.” LeeTeuk just nodded in response. Nala would rub the side of her own face on LeeTeuk’s hand when he scratched the back of her ear just so that she could get more contact with him. “You know, I think we should so this again.” Haneul leaned her head on LeeTeuk’s shoulder. “Hanging out with you is fun.”
 
“Yea, I would like that.”
 
--
 
“We are going to eat you, KyuHyun.” A group of voices chanted as KyuHyun ran away from the hoard of Spam cans chasing after him. They were huge, probably about the same size as him in terms of heights and about the length of the coffee table back at the dorm. KyuHyun’s fce was stricken with terror, afraid that he might get eaten.
 
But then, he remembered something. Talking cans of Spam couldn’t possibly be real. He was obviously dreaming. This was definitely not reality but instead just a figment of his imagination. He stopped and turned back around thinking about having a huge fork with him and, what do you know, a huge fork appeared in his hand.
 
An evil smirk spread across his face as he began chasing back after them. The cans of Spam, realizing the danger of being eaten, ran back in the other direction. The sound of evil laughter erupted in the air when KyuHyun threw his head back, drunken with revenge. In no time, he was able to capture one of the cans and open it to reveal the salty, processed meat inside, so delicious but so bad for you.
 
He wished he had at least a bowl of rice to go along with his feast so he just imagined a nice big, warm bowl of brown rice, just so that JaeSun wouldn’t be that mad at him for stuffing himself with all the unhealthy carbs, sodium, fat, and processed chemicals. At least he was thinking of being somewhat healthy.
 
“Yah. Get your lazy off the ground. You’re blocking the way.” A voice woke KyuHyun up from his dream. He was sprawled out completely across the walkway. If someone was passing by, they would have to either step over him or walked around onto the grass. JaeSun was gone and KyuHyun made a mental note to get back at him for leaving him alone without giving him directions to get back to the dorms.
 
“Wha-what are you doing here?” KyuHyun jumped up at the sight or Yuri who was glaring at him with deadly eyes. Her glared back and readied himself in a fighting position with his hands formed into fists just in case Yuri would attack. In his eyes, Yuri was the devil and was capable of anything so of course she would attack. The only problem was that she was a girl so the best thing he could do was defend himself, but then again Yuri did not act like a girl, so did that mean he could hit her?
 
“I’m on my way to tutoring. I got busted for failing calculus so now I’m stuck being tutored by some nerd.” She grumbled obviously not amused. KyuHyun tried to bite back a snicker but failed at the end when he didn’t cover his mouth fast enough. “Shut up. It’s not like I want to be tutored. I’m not stupid. Anyway, move. I’m late already.”
 
As KyuHyun moved over to the edge of the road, he couldn’t get the thought out of his mind that Yuri had to be tutored. School for him was so easy. He couldn’t imagine how someone could work so hard yet still fail. Yuri worked really hard, judging by how she worked at the ramyun shop. With Jina, he could understand. She wasn’t exactly smart but she wasn’t stupid either. It’s just that she was put down so many times that she just stopped trying. The news that Yuri was failing a class, in his opinion one of the easiest class, was mind blowing.
 
“Wait! Hold on!” KyuHyun called out making Yuri turn back around as she started walking towards what he assumed was the Math and Science building. He wasn’t exactly sure since he didn’t know this area. His math and science classed were in the main building near the school offices. “How do I get back to the dorms?”
 
“Really?” Yuri said in disbelief. KyuHyun reached back to rub his neck in embarrassment before nodding. Yuri sighed but then KyuHyun saw a spark in her eyes. “I’ll walk you over there. I don’t really want to go to the class. I’d rather ditch.” She led the way to the direction opposite of where she was heading before. They walked through a bunch of twists and turns in the road and KyuHyun took mental pictures of them in his head so that he wouldn’t get lost again. “The dorms are just up ahead-”
 
“Crap, did you feel that?” KyuHyun lifted his hand up to his forehead to wipe off the raindrop that landed there as he shielded his eyes to look up at the sky, only to find a mass of dark clouds and even more rain pouring down. Yuri took KyuHyun by the hand and started running. KyuHyun ran after her but struggled to keep up, still not recovered from his jog with JaeSun that morning.
 
“The closest dorm from here is the co-ed dorm.” Yuri said frantically. “We’re going to have to stay there for a while or just until the rain finishes.” They ran for five minutes and they were already drenched from head to toe. They made it to the more populated part of campus only to find other people just like them rushing to find cover sp they just kept running.

Hi you guys!
 
First of all I have to say I'm really sorry that I didn't update earlier. There was the whole thing yesterday about AFF being down so I couldn't. I was supposed to update yesterday but even if AFF was working, I don't think I would've anyway because when I got home on Saturday I was so exhausted from last week so yea.
 
Oh gosh. That trip to Vermont was so inspiring and amazing. I was living off 5 hours of sleep with no rice only to wake up and do construction work for 9 hours. It was so much fun! I made so many amazing friends and it was really a blessing to see how I could acutally make a difference in someone's life. I help rebuild  two decks in the front and back of an old man's house and replaced his window and I got to meet some of is nieghbors too. What was cool was that there were other volunteers working at other houses from all over the country like Alabama, Maryland, Ohio, etc. I wish I could go back......
 
Anyways, I'm really tired now though. I guess all the work is starting to have an effect on my body.
 
THE OLYMPICS!!!! Is anyone watching? LOL USA doesn't have a football team so I'm cheering for South Korea XD. DAE~~~~HANMINGUK! DUHN DUHN DUHN DUHN DU~HN
 
OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!
 
@Twiillaa: Hmmmmm. Time to go take a picture of my room then!
Haha Imagine she actually got kidnapped? Then it would be LeeTeuk/Pabo to the rescue! *cue hero music*
 
@AiStudio: LOL I was so confused when I saw you're name. At first I was all like "Who the hell is this?" and then I was like "Ohhhhh. I know who you are."
I know right? She finally opened up to people! Yay!
Haha. Don't worry. That happens to me, too. Sigh. It happens waaaay too often.
 
@TheRoyalCouple: Yup! ^^ I think the name fits him perfectly.
OMG MUST FIND WOOHYUN A MAID OUTFIT....... *googles pictures*
At least you walk. I'm a sleeping person.
Haha. I know. I've been missing JaeNa too but interactions between everyone is coming soon (next chapter) *wink wink*
The war is how they show their love..... like me and my brother
Those two are too innocent and adorable....
LOL He would be a dino-whale XD
Well, I'm not really good with names. 
 
QUICK QUESTION FOR EVERYONE~!
Who's on Team JongDy and who's on Team MyungDy? (<-----names are not official..... if you have a better name please tell me~~~)
 
@Sherry_16: I like cats XD. Hmmmmm. LOL IDK. I hate making up names. I'm just so terrible at it.
They are. They just express it in a different way.
Haha I actually like MinLo better that ZeJung
 
@TheBestOfKpop: Haha. I would actually be more excited about the cats.
Hmmmmmmmmmm WooHyun isn't that peverted.... or is he? *wiggles eyebrows*
Technically, Aidan's not doing very well in the romance section either
But they're JUST FRIENDS
Haha Melody pretty much hates JongHyun
Thank you!
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: I love cats but I want a bunny!
WooHyun and ShinYoung! Spazz!
Now I need to get Jina back together with everyone else......... *cracks knuckles*
Haha Well, technically he is one. He's younger than me! Sigh.. Idols these days are so young. Makes me feel so unaccomplished
Me no likey vegetables.....
Well, I'm sort of addicted to food. I have these really bad cravings. One time, I had a craving for Philly Cheesteaks so my cousin and I drove there to buy some and then came back. 
OMG NO GET BACK HERE *brings out bazooka* IF YOU DON'T COME BACK, I'M BLOWING UP THE PLANE
 
@i_candie: I think he only chose the cats for Haneul to play with XD. Really? I love cats.
Maybe, maybe not~~~~~ I'm not revealing anything. 
I'm just going to let you all ponder upon these spazz-worthy moments for now.
Dang it! I was going to talk about his toe socks next class! Gahhhhhhhhh
LOL Imagine Jina as a cat lady XD
But now he has Yuri to fight with again 
We should make up a new word instead of cute... or use another word.  How about adorable or spazz-worthy (<------ I like that one)?
Mal won his court case! Now he's free from his terrible company! He should join either YoungSaeng (so he's not so lonely without Kyu) or Baby for more Tom and Jerry moments.
I was so happy to see the three together again. I was missing Mal and Leader though....
Thank you! Haha My back is fine. I got my brother to massage it XD
 
MAJORLY IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!!!!!!!
 
So, as you know, it is August which means school for me is about a month away and guess what I just got in the mail! Summer homework!!! Oh the joy! *rolls eyes*
 
August is going to be really busy for me. Next next week, I'm going on an overnight trip to PA with my friends and on Aug. 17 I'm going to the 2NE1 concert. Then, the week after I'm going camping in Canada so I only have a little amount of time to finish my homework/ project thingy.
 
Anyway, that means that my update might be a little late and they will become more infrequent and I really have to apolojize for that. I promised that over the summer I would update more but it turns out that I can't.
 
I'll try my best to update as fast as I can but I can't promise anything.... I'm sorry.