Chapter 15

Seoul High School for the Gifted

At the end of showcase, Headmaster Lee made her way back up to her office where there were different scouts sitting around a round table, discussing what they had just saw.

She bit her bottom lip as she couldn’t tell what they were feeling by the looks on their faces. Being a principal, she had much experience in deciphering the emotions of a person just by the way they looked at her but these people weren’t students. They were scouts, trained not to reveal anything.
 
She, herself, was more than pleased by the performances of the students. She was even pleased by the performances of the students in the “secret” showcase; in fact she was hoping that they would come up with having the idea of a “secret” showcase.
 
The problem was that what she though didn’t matter. Everything fell on what the scouts thought and if they believed her students were qualified to be trainees. In her eyes, they had all the potential to do so but her opinion didn’t matter.
 
“So, that was some performance, wasn’t it?” Headmaster Lee watched as she got a mixed reaction from the ten or so scouts in the room. She was expecting that. There was nothing real spectacular with the showcase. It was the students and their talents.
 
That was it, but she had intended for it to be like that. She didn’t want the effects of the performance to overpower their talents. Sometimes, simple was better.
 
But the more she thought about it, the more she realized how much of a butthead move it was. These were entertainment scouts, not some judged for a singing competition. They were looking for audience appeal, not necessarily talent.
 
“It was,” Lee SooMan stopped to find the right words to continue his thought. “… interesting but I definitely needs to see more before I can make any commitments.”
 
“I agree.” Park JinYoung, more famously known as JYP continued. “I see a lot of promise in your students but before I make any decisions, I want to look into them more. I’m investing my money in these students and I want to make sure I’m making the right choice.”
 
That was understandable. It was hard to judge a person by one performance. Auditions usually last for rounds and rounds. The students had only one or two performances to prove themselves worthy. That’s why Headmaster Lee had already started planning the Fall Showcase.  
 
“I choose to have no comment for now.” Yang HyunSuk said quietly, avoiding any interrogation. All of them were very difficult to read but Papa YG was the hardest of all of them. No one knew what he was thinking.
 
“I have seen promise in a few of your students.” Tablo himself had shown up since the CEO of Woolim Ent. could not make it for the performances. Being very involved with the matters of the company, he was the next in line in terms of experience in these sorts of situations. “I need to discuss this with my CEO first and then we’ll do a follow up. “
 
To represent FNC Ent., their main composer, Han SungHo, had come. “I like a lot for your music majors. We’re interested in finding students who can both sing and play, but not necessarily dance.”
 
Headmaster Lee nodded her head in understanding. The smaller companies seemed sincere in their comments. She felt somewhat relieved that she got at least some reassurance with the futures of her students.
 
It was the “Big Three” she was the most worried about. She couldn’t tell if their words were what they were actually feeling or if they were just saying out for courtesy. Having some students make it in the “Big Three” would be a huge accomplishment.
 
As proud as she was that her students were at least on the level of making it into the smaller companies, they were small companies and very few in number. With the great amount of students she had, all of them would not be able to find a spot in a small company especially with the thought that these companies had their own auditions to find equally talented artists outside of her school.
 
“Thank you for your interest.” She took a deep breath then bowed before they got up to leave. She felt another migraine come on and, like usually, took another painkiller that was hidden in the back of her desk drawer followed by taking a seat and gently massaging her temples.
 
Were her efforts good enough?
 
--
 
“Hyuuuuuu.” Melody took a deep breath as she gazed at the total expanse of the auditorium. “As fun as being in the showcase was, maybe it was better if we had just taken the punishment of not being able to participate.”
 
Everyone had already left, dispersing to their dorms or, in the case of some of the family members who had attended to see the performances, went home.
 
As instructed, the two “class cutters” needed to stay after the showcase in order to clean up the auditorium since Park seonsaengnim would be using it for his acting class the next day.
 
The whole stage was in a complete mess. There were pieces of confetti from the last number scattered everywhere and some had even made it off stage. Among the seats were the occasional stray pieces of paper and a few bottles here and there, even though signs by the entrance had made it clear that eating and drinking were prohibited inside the auditorium.
 
“No,” ShinYoung forced out a smile in disagreement. “Being in this showcase, too, gives us a bigger chance at being accepted by a big company since we have two showcases to prove ourselves with.”
 
Melody nodded in understanding but still made a face at the mess before her. She hated cleaning. Why? Well, it was simple. Cleaning involved her getting up and actually doing work, two things she completely detested.
 
ShinYoung, on the other hand, put on her most enthusiastic face and began sweeping up all the confetti. Emotionally and mentally she was exhausted from all the late night practices, papers she had to write, shifts at the café, hours of babysitting Wei, and cleaning the dorm but she knew she had to do this she kept pushing on.
 
“How can you do this with a smile on your face?” Melody complained as she watched in disbelief when ShinYoung proceeded with her cleaning.
 
“I just have to tough it out and do it. No one else will and I was assigned to so I have to sill the responsibility given to me.” ShinYoung reasoned out.
 
Whatever.” Melody mumbled. She started sweeping a bit but would stop every few minutes or so because she was bored as hell. Let’s just say cleaning wasn’t really her thing.
 
One thing was sure. When Melody got married in the future, her husband would be the one to clean the house, not her.
Melody eyed the pile of confetti before her. There was so much confetti that when she swept up just a small portion of the stage, it cumulated to about a foot tall pile of confetti.
 
Her eyed sparked at the thought of all the different things she could do with confetti, and believe me, there were a lot.
She scooped up all the confetti she could fit in her arms and sneaked up behind ShinYoung who had her back turned to the mischievous little prankster.
 
Surprise!” Melody dumped all the confetti on ShinYoung’s head. Her sudden yell had made ShinYoung jump a bit in shock but then laughed it off at the end.
 
“Yah!” She laughed. “You just made a bigger mess and now I have to clean it up!” ShinYoung responded but getting a handful of the colorful pieces of paper then trying to throw it at her but failed since confetti was meant to be dumped, not thrown. The colorful shaped ended up flying in all different directions but mostly back at ShinYoung.
 
Fail.” Melody teased ShinYoung while shaking her head at her lame attempt at trying to get her back.
 
“Shut up.” ShinYoung laughed. Melody turned her back again on ShinYoung to start cleaning her side again.
 
“When do you think we’re going to finish?” Melody asked but received no answer. “Did you hear me?” Melody asked a little louder, thinking ShinYoung was just zoning out again.
 
She turned around to be shocked at the sight. ShinYoung was on the ground, not moving at all. Her skin was a sickly pale and limbs distorted from the fall. She was still, her eyes closed and her body unresponsive.
 
“ShinYoung-ah!”
 
--
 
It was first period the day after the big showcase when MinJung and Haneul were in Park seonsaengnim’s acting class. Instead of feeling relaxed that all the pressure from their performances was gone, there was a tense air in the room.
 
Late last night, MinJung got the call from Melody that either she wouldn’t come back to the dorm that night or she would come late but most likely it would be the first option.
 
When she asked why, MinJung got the shock of her life. Melody was in the hospital with ShinYoung who was getting an IV drip since she collapsed of exhaustion. Her other half was in the hospital.
 
Melody was there because all of ShinYoung’s relatives lived oversees. Melody, being the only person with her at the time took the obligation of staying as her “guardian” since she was of legal age.
 
What hit MinJung the most was that she expected it. She saw all the warning signs: ShinYoung’s lack of sleep, her pale complexion, the bags under her eyes, the forced smiles. She felt like she could have prevented all this from happening if she tried harder.
 
She felt so stupid for not taking care of her unni when she knew her unni was pushing herself too hard. She felt all of it was her fault.
Haneul on the other hand was also worrying over ShinYoung but she was even more worried about MinJung. It said something when that little chatterbox refused to speak.
 
MinJung wasn’t herself. She wasn’t smiling, jumping around, or doing anything. She was just glued to the chair with her eyes staring straight forward as she dragged in and out of consciousness.
 
MinJung didn’t even put up a fight when her father sent the bodyguards back. At the moment, they were currently outside the auditorium entrance taking a good eye on her. The only reason why they weren’t inside the classroom was because Park seonsaengnim refused to let them in.
 
The class started when Park seonsaengnim finished his first bag of carrots and made his way to the front of the auditorium, up on stage.
 
“The first thing we’re going to learn about is feeling emotions of anger.” He took a step forward and took a look at all the students in the class. “I’m going to need two volunteers.”
 
No one in the class raised their hand mostly because they were all cautious of Park seonsaengnim’s methods. They were a little unconventional, to say it politely.
 
“If no one volunteers I have the power to randomly choose someone.” Still, no one raised their hand. “Okay, you and you come up on stage and sit in these chairs.”
 
MinJung stood frozen in her seat even though she was one of the chosen. He probably chose her because she wasn’t paying attention at all. Haneul gave her a little nudge and told her to go up.
 
The other person was WooHyun. Reluctantly, he got out of his chair and walked up to the stage. Like dancing, acting wasn’t really his forte and it didn’t help that the teacher was a complete weirdo.
 
The two sat in the chairs facing each other when Park seonsaengnim gave them their assignment. “I want you two to start fighting.”
 
“Huh?” WooHyun gave a questioning look but the whole class started laughing hysterically when MinJung gave him angry glares.
 
“Just start yelling at each other, whatever. Let out all your anger.”
 
“But I can’t-”
 
“It’s all your fault.” MinJung said in between her teeth almost as if she was trying to hold back what she really wanted to say because it would be too harsh.
 
“Wait, I don’t underst-”
 
“She’s your roommate! You knew that she wasn’t taking care of herself properly! You could’ve stopped her and she wouldn’t be in the hospital right now!” MinJung jumped up out of her chair with her fists clenched on either side. It was dead silent.
 
“I’m sorr-”
 
“Yea, you should be sorry but sorry isn’t good enough. Sorry isn’t going to fix anything!” MinJung now had tears streaming out of her eyes. And like that, she fell down to the ground hugging her knees.
 
Immediately, Haneul went up to the front of the stage to tend to MinJung. She put her arm around her shoulder and excused themselves out of the class. Park seonsaengnim nodded in understanding, leaving WooHyun and the rest of the class dumbfounded.
 
--
 
JaeSun made his way to a familiar part of campus but no one he visited often. Yes, JaeSun was a musical major but it was with focus on composition. He only had a few classes in Kim HyunJoong seonsaengnim’s music class.
 
He was determined to find out who that mystery girl was from last night. The melody was stuck in his head and he couldn’t stop hearing it.
 
Seeing as though she was a talented musician, the first person he went to ask was Kim seonsaengnim since he would probably know all the music majors in the school.
 
Just to answer your question, no, he didn’t like like her. He was just curious. The melody she played was beautiful and he, being a composer, was interested in doing a collaboration. They would make a pretty sick team up.
 
Approaching the room, he heard the familiar tune that he heard last night. The only difference was that it was on a violin.
 
 
Smiling, he felt that he finally found her. He could finally got up to her and ask her if she wanted to do a collaboration. They would be a huge hit, guaranteed.
 
But when he peered into to room, his jaw dropped. She wasn’t the one playing. Instead, standing there next to Kim seonsaengnim was a guy.
 
“Good job, Henry.” Kim seonsaengnim praised. “You did very well but there were a few inconsistencies, but that could all be fixed through practice.”
 
“Thank you Kim saem.”Henry gave a smile then scurried out of the room quickly while clutching his violin and bow close to his chest.
 
“Excuse me Kim seonsaengnim.” JaeSun hesitantly entered the room. Kim seonsaengnim, who was on the phone, put up his index finger signaling him to wait a second.
 
“Ah, yes. So is it possible for me to get on the spaceship with the monkey? Really? That’s great. It’s next year, right? Okay. I’ll be there.” He hung up and then put his attention back on JaeSun. “How can I help you, my student?”
 
“Ummm, well I was looking for this girl and I thought maybe you would know her. She had long hair and she was playing that same song the student that was just here was playing. She also-”
 
“Ah, well it might be a little difficult to find her since all of my students are playing that song. Their midterm was to perfect that song so she could be pretty much anyone.”
 
“I see.” JaeSun nodded his head in understanding. At the same time his shoulders slumped in disappointment. His awesome duo wouldn’t be able to be formed. “Thanks anyway.”
 
JaeSun left the room with a single thought in mind. Maybe this was going to be more difficult than he thought.
 
--
 
Aidan was with Jina under the tree again for another session of tutoring but unlike last time, they were actually doing work, somewhat. Aidan forced Jina to leave her guitar at the dorm but what he didn’t know was that she snuck her ukulele in her backpack last minute.
 
“So basically with Le Chatelier’s Principle, in a reaction at equilibrium, if you put stress on one side of the equation, it equation will move away to the other side so that it would balance out.” Aidan was going on and on and on about chemistry and, basically, giving Jina a massive headache.
 
“Can we just stop?” Jina wasn’t listening at all. Her mind was elsewhere. “I have no idea what you’re saying about Le Chatulia- whatever that guy is. What is equilibrium? I have no idea!” She ruffled her hair then buried her face in her hands.
 
“Equilibrium is when the rates of the forward and backward equation are held constant. One big misunderstanding is that people think that the rates are equal, which they are not. They are constant, not equal.” Aidan tried explaining again.
 
“Let’s just stop. It’s useless. We all know I’m going to fail and I’m probably going to get left back.” Truthfully, Jina didn’t really care about all this. She just couldn’t concentrate on anything.
 
“Okay. I guess we’ll just take a break.” When Aidan said that, Jina stood up and started walking away. “Hey! Where are you going? Break doesn’t mean finished!”
 
He tried running up to her but when he got close, she pushed him away and gave him a glare. Slightly scared, he backed off and put his hands up in defense.
 
“Not too close.” She said emotionally. “I’ll let you follow me but you have to stay at least five feet away.” She started walking again in the direction of her dorm.
 
In the distance, Aidan saw Amber and his eyes widened. “Crap.” He mumbled to himself. “I don’t have the money yet.” He ran up to Jina, grabbing her by the arm and slipping them into an unoccupied classroom.
 
“What the hell?” She yelled as she swung her arm out of his grip. “I said five feet! Five feet! Is that not too hard to do?”
 
“Shhhh.” He whispered, putting a finger up to his mouth. Peering out the window on the door, he saw Amber turn a corner and leave. Sighing in relief, he leaned back against the door, sliding down on it to sit on the floor.
 
“I’m leaving. Move.” Jina glared at Aidan who was blocking her way. She kicked him lightly on his thigh but he didn’t budge.
 
“You’re not going to ask about the whole dragging you into the classroom thing?” He asked. She made no facial reaction so he took that as a no.
 
Sighing, he stood up to get out of her way and watched as she went into her dorm down the hall. He followed her, making sure to stand at least five feet back.
 
Walking in, the dorm smelled of chocolate and brown sugar. He went to the kitchen and saw Jina with trays of chocolate chip cookies on cooling racks. She proceeded to put them all into a box.
 
“Cookies!” He yelled out and lunged for one only to be hit in the head with a rolling pin. “Ow!” He rubbed his head to minimize the pain.
 
“No. Not for you.” She growled.
 
“Then who are they for?”
 
“None of your business.”
 
--
 
KyuHyun, yet again, skipped Park seonsaengnim’s class. I think we discussed this before but KyuHyun, definitely was not an actor. Acting just wasn’t his thing so he refused to do it. It’s not like Park seonsaengnim noticed anyway.
 
Where was he now? Well, think about it. JaeSun was off looking for his mystery girl. Aidan was busy tutoring Jina again. Haneul was busy looking after MinJung who had a mental breakdown or something and Melody was with ShinYoung in the hospital. Where would he be?
 
JaeSun wasn’t there breathing down his neck and no one was there to watch his actions then report back to JaeSun. If you guessed the ramyun shop, then you are absolutely correct.
 
“Ahjumma, I’m here!” KyuHyun called out to the nice lady who thought he was an innocent little boy. Oh, how wrong she was.
 
“KyuHyun-ah!” She walked up to him and gave him a loving hug. Then, she pulled back and immediately found him a table to sit down at.
 
“I’m sorry about the kitchen last night.” He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. I don’t think you guys want to know what happened last night so I’m just going to skip over that story.
 
“It’s fine.” She gave a warm chuckled and then patted him lightly on the head. “I got Yuri to clean up the mess.” She whispered in his ear.
 
“Okay.” He smiled when he found out that that girl had to pick up after him. “Then can I get the usual?” He asked with a little sparkle in his eyes.
 
“Of course. Oh, and don’t worry about paying. It’s on the house.” She smiled and hobbled off in the direction of the kitchen to tell the workers his order.
 
“But you said that last time!” He called out to her.
 
“I know!” She yelled back right before she walked through the kitchen doors. KyuHyun bit his bottom lip to suppress his smile. It’s free ramyun! Who wouldn’t love that?
 
“It’s you.” Yuri came into the dining area with a piping hot bowl and a cup of soda when her eyes were drawn to KyuHyun. Instantly, they narrowed down at him, watching his every move.
 
“Yea, it’s me. What about it?” He cheekily answered with a smirk on his face. He loved messing with her just because it was her.
 
“You left that huge mess in the kitchen last night for me to clean!” She yelled at him, surprising a few of the new customers but not affecting the regulars who were used to their bickering.
 
“And whose fault it that? You were supposed to make me ramyun but you didn’t so I had no choice but to make some for myself.” He tipped his chair back like a boss.
 
“You ruined one of our best pots without putting anything but water in it! How do you even burn water?” Let’s just say KyuHyun wasn’t the best cook but I think you all already know that by now.
 
“Like I said, whose fault was that? I wouldn’t have had to cook if you didn’t make me ramyun in the first place.” KyuHyun still had a sort of calmness in his voice while Yuri was fuming mad.
 
“Yours! If you controlled that black hole of a stomach you have, then you wouldn’t need to come here every five seconds.” She snapped back making KyuHyun stand up on his feet.
 
“Says the girl who can down more than ten bowls of ramyun like it’s nothing! You eat more than me!” He scoffed. Yuri was being unbelievable.
 
“Fine, yes I can eat a lot but at least I can afford to! You, mister, are extremely pudgy.” She poked the squishiness in his tummy making him slightly jump back.
 
“Yah! That’s my-”
 
“Yah? Oh, so now you’re talking down to me? The last time I checked, you were fourteen and I am fifteen. You cannot call me “yah” so nonchalantly.” She rolled her eyes.
 
“Why yes of course, ahjumma.” He smirked.
 
“Yah!”
 
Ahjumma, who was watching by the kitchen window smiled when she saw the two. “Oh, young love. How beautiful.”

HELLO EVERYBODY~~~~~~~~~!
 
Hehehehe! You guys better be excited because I only have two more exams to take and I'm all free to write chapters for you guys! LOL I was studying while writing this which explains the whole chemistry nerd spazz moment I had in the middle.
 
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS! I'm so excited! Big Bang is having a concert here and for once it's on a Friday! Yes, not a Sunday, a FRIDAY! NOT A SCHOOL NIGHT! Sigh, it's in November though so it's so far away but I'm still psyched.
 
And OMG (This is going to benefit you guys a lot) I got a new matress and it's so soft and fluffy! I swear I sleep like a baby on the thing and the dreams I have on it are amazing. Seeing as though most of the inspiration I get for the story comes from my dreams, you guys are going to see a lot happen now.
 
I swear I had the most amazing dream last night because of that bed. I dreamt I got married to Heo Young Saeng (Even though technically we're already married but whatever) and it was so beautiful <3.
 
@Twiillaa: YES! Success!
Well, he kind of wants me to be a nurse but I don't want to since half the people in my family are nurses and I can't look a blood so yea....
 
@Sherry_16: Apparently LOL.
Don't worry. His time is coming.
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: Haha yea. I love dresses that are just so flowy and ruffley because I love spinning in them XD.
THANK YOU!!! :DDDD <3
I like it! The keyboard's a little awkward, though. I guess I just have to get used to it.
No, I think it's a good idea! It would be pretty funny. Hehehehehe
 
@KimKyuHyun: Well, technically both of you hate each other.
LOOOOOOOOOOL
You pretty much destoryed the kitchen, dude. It was too painful for me to describe what you did, me wanting to be a pastry chef and everything. I just, I couldn't.
 
@dattebayo-go: YESSSS I LOVED THAT DRAMA! Although, Dream High 2 was a little disappointing.
I love Sunny Hill. I wish people would recognize them more. Their songs are so deep and the lyrics are amazing.
 
@TheRoyalCouple: He might as well have.
I would be too. He destroyed Kyu's door! That's not really an easy thing to do, well, unless you're SuperJae.\
I just want to pick Zelo's cheeks. He's so adorable.
I don't think it's going to be easy to find her....
 
@TheBestOfKpop: Hahaha, yea. I realized with the showcase and everything I kept pushing all this stuff to the side so I finally decided to get on with the story.
I loved Dream High! SamDongXHyeMi FTW!
LOL I'll keep that in mind for the next showcase which will probably be around December-ish (Kind of a long way ahead).
 
@i_candie: I thought it was cute. If my guy friends ever found out I had a boyfriend, that is probably what they would do. smh
Really? I kind of find him a little creepy that he knows everything...... He was supposed to turn out different but I failed XD
I love Juniel! Her voice is so sweet! She was actually my new inspiration for Jina. LOL
Melody is with [censored]. LOL You'll see.
I always feel so happy when I see them on stage because whenever I feel like they are perfect, they always get back on stage and prove me wrong by getting even better.
It'd okay. i'll be right here to help you get through it and who knows, two years are gonig to fly by!
Yea. A comback 2014 or 2015 would be better.
I was crying so much when I saw them all together again. 
IDK. A lot of TripleS were saying it was because of the company. Sometimes I feel like Mal just doesn't want us to worry about him.
Gahhhhhh Baby is having a comeback! And Leader just released his new MV! SPAZZZZZ!
Haha I don't mind. I find them cute. Long comments=Happy writer :D