Chapter 17

Seoul High School for the Gifted
It was the day ShinYoung was supposed to come home. She had gotten the green light from the doctor. Her case wasn’t that serious anyway. The doctor only prescribed her multivitamins and requested her not to carry heavy loads or do much work. She wasn’t bedridden anymore.
 
However, her overprotective friends insisted she use a wheelchair until she was off the multivitamins despite the doctor telling them that she didn’t really need it and was perfectly fine. So, there she was, being wheeled into the dorm by three girls fussing over her.
 
“You know, I as much as I love that you guys love me, I have legs.” ShinYoung gave a little laugh. “I can walk.” It was MinJung who was pushing the wheelchair now. At the hospital, there was a huge dispute with who was going to get the pleasure, or I would argue burden, of pushing ShinYoung. All of them wanted to so they finally agreed on taking turns.
 
Well actually, it was Haneul and MinJung arguing with Melody on the phone. Melody wasn’t physically with them because she had a class, but if she could, she would’ve definitely cut just for ShinYoung. However, she already got in trouble for cutting before so she didn’t.
 
“No!” Haneul scolded and pushed ShinYoung back onto the chair when she attempted to get out. “You’re not walking by yourself until you’re 100% better. I bet you that doctor just lied so that you could go back to the hospital and he could get another paycheck.”
 
ShinYoung sighed, knowing she wouldn’t be able to beat them and that with every word she said, they would just come back at her with a good reason. As much as she wanted to get up and walk around after being cooped up in the hospital for days, she couldn’t.
 
She loved the three girls. There was no denying that and she would do anything for them, even probably give up her own life, but sitting in that wheelchair with them fussing over her made her feel so guilty.
 
 She felt she didn’t deserve everything they were doing for her and that she should be the one doing something so that she could thank them for everything. She wanted to show them that she was grateful for them.
 
And plus, it was a little too much. ShinYoung was perfectly healthy yet they were babying her almost as if she broke every bone in her body. I mean, yea, of course at first it would be sweet to see how much they cared for her but if you think about it, it would get just a tiny bit annoying after a while.
 
“You know, I love you guys but I’m a little tired.” It broke ShinYoung’s heart to lie to them but she has to in order to get away from them. They were practically suffocating her and she had enough. She loved that she loved them but maybe they loved are a little too much. Either way, she just needed some ShinYoung time.
 
“Arasseo unni!” MinJung happily pushed the wheelchair in the direction of the dorm. Wait, let me rephrase that. She ran, no like really, ran across campus extremely fast. She was like a bullet train flying across the ground. One second, she was there, the next she was gone.
 
At the same time, she was laughing like a maniac. People who were late to class would stop to look at her. It was definitely a sight to see. Too bad Haneul and Melody didn’t see. Haneul couldn’t catch up with her and Melody was stuck in a classroom on the other side of campus.
 
“Wait for me!” A desperate Haneul was heard huffing and puffing in the distance. “Dang it, Minnie! How can you run that fast while pushing ShinYoung unni?” She leaned on to the wheelchair for support. In a matter of two minutes, MinJung managed to get from the school gates to the dorm area in the center of campus.
 
ShinYoung let out a small laugh. “Here. Sit on my lap.” She offered which Haneul didn’t hesitate to accept. “Ooof.” ShinYoung let out a small groan when Haneul practically collapsed onto her unni.
 
“Yah! You’re hurting her!” MinJung yelled out trying to push Haneul off but failed when Haneul wrapped her hands around ShinYoung’s neck and buried her face in her shoulder. “Get off of unni!”
 
“No.” A muffled voice came from Haneul. “You got snuggle time with unni last time. Now it’s my turn.” ShinYoung chuckled and then hugged Haneul back. MinJung pouted and went back to her position behind the wheel, slightly jealous that Haneul was so touchy with her other half.
 
“Fine.” She complied, pushing the two into ShinYoung’s dorm building. She passed by the stairs, obviously not being able to drag the wheelchair up to the third floor where ShinYoung’s dorm was with two people sitting on it. Maybe if it was just ShinYoung she could, just maybe.
 
They made their way to the elevator where MinJung had a little of a hard time trying to fit the wheelchair through the door but she managed, without Haneul’s help that is. Haneul managed to fall asleep on ShinYoung’s lap.
 
“Haneul-ah,” ShinYoung nudged the sleeping “child” on her lap. “Wake up. We’re here.” She passed MinJung her keys so they could get in and MinJung opened the door. “What is this? What happened here?”
 
--
 
Acting class. By herself. Not very nice. Melody wanted to kill her donsaengs for leaving her alone in the weird Park seonsaengnim’s acting class all by herself but she knew she couldn’t. She would be mad at them for a while, but eventually she would get over it, that is once she got them back. They should watch out.
 
Yes, Haneul and MinJung ditched for the sake of ShinYoung and Melody wanted so much to do the same but there was a big difference between them. Haneul and MinJung were freshmen while Melody was a senior. They still had time to make up for all the bad things they were doing now but if companies found out she had a reputation for ditching, you could bet they would never accept her.
 
“Last week, our topic was anger and we had an interesting outcome with that.” Park seonsaengnim chuckled. He was proud of his students for being able to portray true feelings of anger. “So this week I want to bring it up a notch. Our topic is love.”
 
The girls squealed in delight while the guys cringed slightly. It was obvious who the couples in the class were. They would make eye contact with their significant other and smile that shy smile you had when you were in love.
 
Melody, even though her mind was preoccupied with thoughts of ShinYoung, found her eyes trailing towards the direction of MyungSoo and JongHyun sitting right next to each other as usual.
 
JongHyun had that trademark frown on his face. It was obvious he was not very happy with the subject. MyungSoo, however, found himself returning the eye contact and the two blushed slightly. He pointed at himself and then at her. She nodded a little.
 
He leaned over to JongHyun and told him something making JongHyun scoff and roll his eyes. He got up and walked the other way. MyungSoo smiled and made his way awkwardly to Melody. Sitting next to her, there was a silence. The two were too shy to speak. It was weird to see the girl who wouldn’t shut her trap suddenly not talk.
 
“So…” The two said in unison making them stop to try to listen to what the other wanted to say. Melody laughed a little and then looked down at her feet, not being able look up at MyungSoo. Both their faces were completely red. Maybe it was better if the two weren’t partners.
 
“Go ahead.” Melody gave was to MyungSoo, biting her bottom lip and playing with her fingers, finding it hard to stay still with all the anxiousness inside of her and the adrenaline pumping through her system.
 
“No, you should go.” MyungSoo responded. “Ladies first. What was your idea?” Melody found the courage to look up at him, only to regret in completely because she couldn’t look him in the eye without staring so she ended up looking at his forehead.
 
“Umm, well, we’re a little awkward so I was thinking we should just play off of our strengths so maybe we could portray an innocent, first love.” Melody suggested swaying back and forth in her seat the entire time.
 
“That’s a good idea.” MyungSoo agreed.
 
“Okay, I will be calling up partners to perform their piece now.” MyungSoo and Melody’s eyes widened. They got nothing done because they were just sitting in silence most of the time.
 
“Crap. I guess we’ll just be doing improv then.” MyungSoo chuckled. Melody’s mouth curled up in a smile, too. She was actually better at improv because she felt it flowed better than if she had to memorize lines.
 
“So, I will pick a pair at random.” Park seonsaengnim closed his eyes and pointed his arm out while spinning around in a circle. He stopped and opened his eyes to reveal his hand pointing at MyungSoo and Melody. “MyungSoo goon and Melody yang, you’re up first.”
 
“You ready?” MyungSoo nudged Melody.
 
“I guess. I don’t really have a choice, though.” She chuckled.
 
--
 
KyuHyun was sitting on the sofa looking anywhere but JaeSun’s face, scared to see the expression in his eyes. JaeSun was sitting on the single-seat sofa across from them, glaring holes into his scared head.
 
“Ahem.” JaeSun tried to get KyuHyun’s attention but KyuHyun kept looking around the room. In fact, he even started whistling a tune to make it look like he never heard him when really he as just ignoring him, which probably wasn’t the best idea seeing as though JaeSun was furious. “Kim KyuHyun!”
 
KyuHyun froze. Yea, he should be scared. JaeSun called him by his full name, not KyuHyun, not Kyu. Calling KyuHyun by his full name meant JaeSun was, well you don’t want to know how mad JaeSun was.
 
“I am very disappointed in you!” JaeSun stood up, pointing his finger at KyuHyun as he scolded him. The sight looked like that of a father disciplining his son. It was a little funny but at the same time the look on JaeSun’s face was terrifying.
 
JaeSun’s eyebrows were furrowed together so close that there was no space in between them. His eyes were narrowed down into slits as they kept their gaze firm on KyuHyun, almost expecting him to run away. His feet were planted onto the ground.
 
Then it hit KyuHyun, JaeSun was acting ridiculous. JaeSun was definitely not his dad so who was he to treat him like this? It wasn’t right. JaeSun may be his hyung but that didn’t give him the right to treat him like a little kid.
 
He stood up, forcing JaeSun to back up a bit. He stood his own ground. “No.” He fought back. “I’m not letting you rule my life. You aren’t my dad so why should you order me around like that! What I eat is my decision, not yours!”
 
Then JaeSun started thinking, maybe he went a little too far. KyuHyun was right. It was KyuHyun’s choice but the thing was that JaeSun didn’t want KyuHyun make the wrong choice. He felt he was going about this the completely wrong way. He needed to change his method.
 
He felt guilty for starting a fight with KyuHyun. The whole reason he started Plan: GKIS (Plan: Get KyuHyun in Shape) was because it was a cover up for Plan: BFWK (Plan: Be Friends with KyuHyun) and he was doing a terrible job at that. He made KyuHyun want to push him away even more.
 
“I’m sorry.” JaeSun muttered in a softer voice. His face relaxed and showed a more concerned expression than the furious expression from before. He looked up at the ceiling before plopping down onto the coffee table. “I pushed you too far. How about we come up with a compromise?”
 
“A compromise?” KyuHyun looked at JaeSun suspiciously. He still didn’t trust his hyung. In all of his plans, KyuHyun ended up with the short end of the stick. He lost but JaeSun gained. He felt cheated out of everything.
 
“Yea. I promise not to go crazy on you again if you going running with me every morning.” KyuHyun was still unsure. It still felt like he was being controlled and it wasn’t out of his own free will.
 
“I don’t know.” He tapped his chin with his finger to think.
 
“Oh, come on. How many kilos have you gained?” JaeSun poked KyuHyun’s stomach making a smile peek out of his mouth slightly. KyuHyun was just a bit ticklish, just don’t tell anyone because then he would get mad at me for telling you his secret.
 
“Ummm.. about three. Maybe five.” KyuHyun looked down guitily. Yea, he gained a lot of weight and it was all his fault.
 
“You what? Yea. You have to go running with me and I’m limiting you to one bowl of ramyun a day.” KyuHyun gave JaeSun a look who just stared him back down. “Don’t take away your stash of chips, too. I know about your secret stash and that Aidan has one, too. I can just go over to the Math and Science Department and tell Amber-ssi to stop supplying you with junk food.”

--

 
“I saw what you did.” Jina heard a voice come from behind her. It was the usual spot. Must I still explain? This time, however, Jina didn’t have her favorite guitar. She had to change her strings so she brought her ukulele instead. It was smaller and easier to transport but she missed the feeling of her guitar in her hands.
 
Aidan was becoming more brave around Jina in a sense that he was more comfortable around her and began approaching her more outside of the tutoring sessions. He saw her not as the “scary emo girl” that everyone else saw but a normal person, yes, a human. The cold-hearted, quiet Jina was in fact human.
 
He saw her flaws and the sparks of hurt she had in her eyes when she would overhear people talking bad about her in the hallways. She had feelings. She wasn’t some crazy emotionless robot. She was just hurt.
 
“I didn’t do anything.” Jina bluntly stated with a tint of anger in her voice, knowing exactly what he was hinting at and he didn’t want him to find out. It was supposed to be a secret. Not to mention he intruded on her Jina time, which I would argue she has way too much of.
 
“Don’t deny it.” He scoffed at her. He was tired of her always acting like this and he had enough. She was living a lie, a huge lie. The Jina that she showed herself wasn’t the real Jina and he knew it. He saw the real Jina whenever she played her music and the little times in the tutoring session when she finally understood something.
 
“I’m not denying anything.” Jina defended herself but again it was another lie. The whole wall she created between herself and others was based on lies, lies, more lies, and cemented together with hurt pouring out of her.
 
“Why do you always do that?” Aidan was getting angry now. It was scary. No one had ever seen Aidan this angry before. Aidan was usually reserved and didn’t like to show much of what he felt. The angriest anyone had ever seen Aidan before was during the showcase and even then it wasn’t angry as much as annoyed.
 
But now, it was pure rage. His fists were clenched at his side and his nostrils were flaring. His face showed a stern face like that of a father scolding his child, not because he was mad at the kid but because he loved him and that’s how Aidan felt. He wasn’t exactly mad at Jina. He was mad that she acted this way and it wasn’t right for her to do so.
 
“I’m not doing anything!” Jina continued to blow off all the accusations Aidan was throwing at her. For her, it became a habit. She acted that way so much that she would do it subconsciously. She wanted so much to open to people but her mind was so scared that she would just close everyone off without knowing.
 
“Yes you are! You keep pushing others away! There was Jae hyung and then don’t deny that you were getting close to YongHwa sunbae. I saw you two together the other day. And you care about ShinYoung noona, don’t deny it. MinJung told me about the basket of cookies outside noona’s door. I know you made those.”
 
Jina was caught. There was no way she could get out of this. Aidan knew too much. The only thing he didn’t know was why and it was obvious there was no way to get out of this one. This is why she didn’t want to get close to others. She didn’t want them to know about her secrets.
 
So she stayed quiet. At least if she was quiet, she wouldn’t have to tell him anything and eventually he would leave, getting bored of her. That would be best. That way, she still kept the wall up and wouldn’t let anyone in.
 
But on the inside, the inside was a whole different story. Jina felt so small. She wanted to go up to him and just spill everything out. She felt like a broken little kid ready to cry and cry some more. It was a feeling Jina was not foreign to but she never felt the sensation this strong before. She just shut herself up.
 
“If you’re not going to talk then I’m leaving. I can’t force you to speak.” Aidan turned around. “Come to me when you’re ready.” He added before leaving for his next class that he was probably late to anyway, like usual.
 
And just like that, the conversation ended. It’s funny how all of Jina’s interactions ended up like this, Jina silent and alone, more broken than before and it got a thought going through Jina’s head.
 
Was what she was doing right?

Heyaaaaa!!!!
 
So.... I finished the chapter a little early because I have so much time now but that also means I have time doing nothing, too. 
 
Oh god I'm so bored.... I never thought I would say this but I sort of miss school just because it used to occupy all of my time but now I have nothing to do... All my friends live so far away from meee. I live in Queens in NYC and my bestie lives in the other side of Brooklyn, a good hour subway ride away. My other friends live in Long Island which means I would have to take the bus then the subway then the LIRR (another train but not the subway) then call them to pick me up at the station then my other friends live in Ney Jersey! That's a whole different state! Gahhhhhhhh
 
Whatever... I guess I'll just sleep, eat, and write all day. But that means I would get fat.. Sigh.
 
OMGGGGGGGGGG! I got tickets to 2NE1's concert in New Jersey! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! SPAAAAAZZ~~~~! I get to see Dara!! YESSSSS! Lol sorry. It's just that I've been a huge fan of Dara since she was an actress in the Philippines. My mom and I watched all of her movies and dramas.... hehehe so happehhhh
 
@KimKyuHyun: Can you tell that to her overprotective friends? LOL
Yes... That's good. Let it all out. The first step to overcoming your pudginess is accepting it.
OMG Yes. We need the no me gusta face and then in big letters "Chemistry" underneath it. Perfect.
For a genuis, Aidan is an idiot.
THEN HAVEEEE. THEY'RE YOURS
 
@Sherry_16: OMG Balloonie! That's what Dr. Doofenshmirtz named his balloon in Phineas and Ferb XD
LOL I don't think they would be in the hospital. I think she would be transdered to the psychiatric ward.....
You're welcome! Thanks for being such awesome readers!
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: But that crap is soooooooo delicious... (I feel guilty because I always bag on KyuHyun for eating crap but I'm sitting here eating a bowl of ramyun and a bag of chips with a bottle of coke....)
I want those cookies.... but MinJung won't share.....
LOL but how is he going to pay you back?
YES! NO SCHOOL!
OMG I have a pery reader! Sorry but I don't think I could make your imagination a reality. This writer here is too innocent to write anything more than a kiss scene seeingas though she never even had my first kiss... so no make-out scenes or more than that... unless you really want it and then I'll try but it would probably be a fail XD
Haha Thank you!
Wait what? Nooooo~~~~~! What are you doing????? Haneul don't eat those!!!!!
 
@Twiillaa: Haha. I used to play all the Nancy Drew games with my cousin and when I was in 4th grade I read almost all the Nancy Drew books XD
Sigh... Someone needs to tell that to Haneul, MinJung, and Melody.
 
@secretseweet: Well technically it's from all the love she got from Mel, Minnie, and Hanuel
Sigh... sometimes I question their actions. Those girls are just..... smh
Haha I thought I made it obvious from when I showed Jina baking cookies in the chapter before but I hope this chapter cleared it up.
So when Jae grows up, he's going to be a olympic track and field chapion composer XD
for Kyu hehehehe
But what about KyuRi???? TT_TT
Sigh... I don't know what to do with Jina anymore... she doesn't listen to anyone
Haha Amber and Aidan right now are just friends.... later maybe.... but not now
Haneul is going to kill Aidan XD
Nah... you guys deserve those.
 
@TheBestOfKpop: OMG I can't imagine what would happen if Haneul gets those cookies.. LeeTeuk is nowhere near her so he can't save her!
LOl KyuRi? The already have a couple name?
Haha Imagine the mystery girl ends up being a guy?
Sometimes I get so frustated with Jina because she won't open up to others.
LOL He is!
 
@TheRoyalCouple: It is..... but my friends are all on the track team so they run longer than that
I swear I have to keep her away from that stuff....
Aidan... is just.... I don't even know anymore XD
Hehehe... I have something in store for Jae's "mystery girl".......
 
@dattebayo-go: You're welcome!
 
@i_candie: Haha. You deserve it for being so awesome!
Haha Whenever I watch like cooking shows or something I desperately wish that they make smell-o-vision XD Nahhh. I'm just okay LOL There are so many other writers out there that are better than me 
LOL Burn off all the calories in the cookies
Or they could just ban Kyu and make hi find another ramyun shop 
If Jina doesn't act now, he'll be gone forever! But it looks like she's too shy to.
Yes! Blame school for everything!
Monkeys are my second favorite animal... Otters are my first XD
You're right. But sometimes it's a little too much. Stresssssss
That's what I love about TS. We have an unbreakable bond with our oppadeul