Chapter 7

Seoul High School for the Gifted
Jina walked into the classroom and, like usual, Kim seonsaengnim wasn't there. She started to question his position as a teacher and whether he was fit to fill the position. She thought Headmaster Lee made a mistake when she hired him.
 
It was five minutes after class started yet there was no sign of him. None of the students even treated the class as an actual class. They looked at it as a free period. 
 
Around the room, no one was sitting in their assigned seat. Jina found her way to the ledge by the window and sat but it, taking her guitar out of the case like she always would.
 
Slowly strumming the strings, she softly sang to the tune (<----- click it XD).
 
na ege meoril gidaego mulkkeu reomi bara bo ado moreujyo     (Even if you lean your head against me and blankly look at me, you don’t know)
du pareul yeoreo bo imyeon shiwon hada mal hamyeon seodo moreujyo     (I spread my arms and say that it feels so cool but you still don’t know)
tumyeong han na ijiman ni ape, seo it janha     (I am invisible but I am standing in front of you)
ne, nuneun nal neomeo chyeoda bol ppuniya     (But your eyes look past me)
dan han beonman han beonman nal chajabwa jebal     (Just once, just once, please look for me)
heuneukki myeon deo uk heuneu kkil surok     (The more you feel, the more you feel)
tumyeong haejyeo man ga neunde     (I become more and more invisible)
jugeul mankeum ganjeol han nae gido ye kkeute     (At the end of my desperate prayers)
nae pume gajil su itge ojik neomani chaja jundamyeon     (If only you will find me so that I can have you in my arms)
 
Jina stopped when she felt someone take a seat next to her. She lifted her head up thinking and half-hopind it would be JaeSun but became disappointed when she saw him sitting by someone else's desk and chatting with them.
 
But then that raised the question: who was sitting next to her? She turned her head, hesitantly and silently praying it wasn't some creeper but her heart almost jumped out of her chest when she saw who it was. 
 
Jung. Yong. Hwa.
 
Her old neighbor who coincidentally went to the same school as her. The guy who she always admired from afar for his amazing musical talents. The person who, ever since she was a little kid, stole her heart.
 
"Hey," was all he said. Jina tried to speak but found to turn dry instantly. YongHwa didn't seem surprised by her lack of a response, almost as if he expected her not to.
 
There was somewhat of an awkward air between the two of them. For years they always knew of each other but they never knew each other. Jina couldn't muster up the courage to speak to him before and YongHwa didn't seem to take any interest in her.
 
"So you want to talk about what happened when you cried?" Jina was surprised. For the time she knew him, she always felt he gave off a cold, uncaring image but just now was he really concerned about her? 
 
"If you don't want to talk about it, then that's okay." Her thoughts turned to that scene, the day she crumbled in front of the entire class. Why? Well, she didn't really know. Was it because her family didn't even attempt to contact her to congratulate her? Was it because she was tired of JaeSun's pestering?
 
No, she couldn't blame JaeSun. Truthfully, JaeSun had begun to grow on her. His annoying antics, or as he would call them, attempts to make her his friend, actually brightened up her dull day and she was a little disappointed he didn't "bother" her today.
 
"You mind if I play it for a second?" Jina was a little reluctant to give over her guitar. Ever since JaeSun ruined her notebook, she became very possessive over her stuff and her guitar, along with the notebook, were her prized possessions. 
 
She bought that guitar with her own money that she worked for, and let me tell you, she worked hard for that guitar. Jina couldn't count all the different odd jobs she had to do to save up enough money for it since most normal work places wouldn't hire a failing student. It was she first and only guitar.
 
Reluctantly, she gave it up knowing it would be fine in the hands of the talented YongHwa. He gently ran his fingers through the instrument, creating sounds that caught the attention of the entire class. Then, he began to sing (<----- click it XD).
 

Jichyeoganeun ni nunbichi jaggu nareul noheuryeogo have     (That tired expression in your eyes always remain in me
sum icha ni moseubeul bols udo butjapeul su oebseo     (Other than your breathe, I can’t see your image and too can’t make you stay)
Jichyeo stop stop stop ijen deo     (More exhausted now stop stop stop)
Modeungeol step step step beoseona     (Get out of everything step step step)
dolikil su ga eobdago ggeutiramyeo ddo uljiman     (There is no return even though ending it will cause tears)
so I can believe I’m not alone
ijen not alone deoneun seulpeuji anhge     (Not alone now, not sad anymore)
and I can feel it I’m not alone
jeoldae not alone dashin himdeulji anhge     (Definitely not alone, never be exhausted again)

The class clapped for him then went back to what they were doing before and a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips, pulling them slightly upward. She turned away to cover it but he nudged her face back so she was looking directly at him.
 
"Don't," he said. "You should smile more often." He got up, delicately placing her guitar next to her and walked back to his desk to take a small nap before the period ended.
 
--
 
"Hyung! Where's my ramyun!" Aidan walked out of the kitchen with s frown on his face. He was hungry but there was absolutely nothing in the kitchen to eat besides various fruits and vegetables.
 
"Blame JaeSun hyung." KyuHyun grumbled. He was hungry but whenever he asked JaeSun for food, all he would give him was an apple or an orange. He missed his precious ice cream.
 
"I initiated Plan: Get KyuHyun in Shape for the Basktetball Tryouts or Plan: GKISFTBT." He tried to sound out the acronym for his plan but completely and totally failed.
 
Plan: GKISFTBT (Pronounced gee-kis-fit-bit) was actually just code name for Plan: Be Friends with KyuHyun or like he called it, Plan: BFWK (Pronounced bif-wik).
 
"But that doesn't mean we all have to suffer!" Aidan groaned, craving a nice, hot, steaming bowl of ramyun with a bag of potato chips on the side. and maybe a ice cold glass of soda to wash it all down with.
 
"I don't even want to be on the basketball team!" KyuHyun protested. He wanted in icy, sweet ice cream back. 
 
JaeSun, however smirked because his plan was working. This was the most he was able to talk with the other two ever. He could actually have a conversation with them. His plan was running smoothly and perfectly.
 
"You know Aidan," JaeSun walked up to him, poking his stomach. "i'm sure if you lost a few pounds, too, you could easily get on the team." He suggested.
 
"But that makes no sense! I'm a math and science major! KyuHyun, at least, is a performing arts major. He has to look fit because he's going to be an idol! Looks don't matter to me and sports have nothing to do with science!" Aidan rubbed his temples, trying to stop the headache that was coming. He got them a lot now because he was experiencing withdrawal symptoms from not drinking as much caffeine as he did before.
 
"Sure it does. Sports has everything to do with science and math." JaeSun retorted.
 
"How? Explain to me how science relates to sports." JaeSun thought for a few seconds until he snapped his fingers when he had an idea.
 
"It's all physics! You just the formulas and stuff to calculate the velocity and the speed and trajectory and all that other stuff. Calculations are all math! You would be a perfect basketball player because you would know the science behind everything and have the perfect angles!" Aidan collapsed on the couch.
 
"Whatever. I'm still not doing it." Aidan was really annoyed at JaeSun and his nagging.
 
"Me too." KyuHyun, who was already laying on the couch pushed Aidan off because he was taking all the space when KyuHyun had the couch first. "Get off. This is my area."
 
"Ugh. Why is everyone being such a today? I'm going to my room." Aidan got up to lay on his bed, probably for a nap so he could sleep him headache off.
 
"Look at you two! You guys are such lazy butts! You have to get up and walk around outside or something!" JaeSun walked up to the windows so he could pull open the curtains and let some sunlight in.
 
"Maybe later." KyuHyun said before hugging one of the couch pillows and falling asleep.
 
JaeSun, who kept pretending to be annoyed at the two, tried to hold back a smile. He finally cracked the two and getting close to them would be so much more easier now.
 
--
 
ShinYoung went to her acting class, unsure of what to expect. The acting teacher previously lived in China and couldn't come until now because he had to finish settling into his new house that Headmaster Lee generously provided.
 
She heard from Melody that he was good at pulling pranks like she was. She thought of him as a threat for the title of the "Best Prankster in the School" ever since she heard that he was the genius behindthe prank Kwon seonsaengnim pulled that shook up the entire dance class.
 
ShinYoung walked into the huge expanse of the auditorium only to be greeted by a group of famiar faces gathered around the front of the stage.
 
"Unni!" MinJung waved at her, signaling her to join the group in their chat. She quickly walked up to then only to be greeted by Haneul in a hug.
 
"I almost forgot you two were performing arts majors because we don't have any classes together."  ShinYoung said when she saw Melody and Haneul.
 
"Unni, I missed you! Did you wash your hair? It smells really nice! Wah! You look so pretty today!" Haneul was talking as fast as a tornado. Melody's face scrunched up in confusion because she couldn't understand a single thing she was saying. Melody could only understand Korean when it was spoken in a moderate speed.
 
"Alright, who gave Haneul chocolate?" ShinYoung looked at the two other girls suspiciously only to see MinJung glaring at Melody who was snickering silently.
 
The three of them found out that they shouldn't ever give Haneul chocolate, or any kind of sugar actually, because it meant she would turn into a hyper little bunny.
 
By the look on MinJung's face and the way Melody reacted, ShinYoung could already tell this was another one of Melody's pranks. She wasn't aiming it towards Haneul. No, giving her chocolate was actually a reward. It was aimed towards her and MinJung because a hyper Haneul meant he two of them had to calm her down and stooges from getting out of hand the entire duration of the class.
 
"Haneul," MinJung tried to pry her off ShinYoung. "Get off of unni now." She demanded.
 
"No!" Haneul protested by shouting loudly, successfully earning the attention of the entire class. "I want to keep hugging Unni because I love her!"
 
"Shhhhhh, shhhhh." ShinYoung hushed. "It's okay. I'll let you hug me." ShinYoung learned it was better to go along with Haneul's hyper state instead of surpressing it. It meant so much less headaches.
 
"Why are you encouraging her?" MinJung complained. "Now she's gong to keep hugging everybody!"
 
"But it's so much better than your idea." ShinYoung retorted. "Look at how the entire class stated at us when you tried to stop her. I really don't want to be the center attention." As all this was happening, Melody was laughing her off watching the two bicker. She found herself a comfortable position off the edge of the stage that let her see everything. The two, because they were so busy, didn't notice that Haneul, in her sugar-drunken state, found he as to another one of the students at the back of the auditorium and jumped on his back.
 
"I think you two should stop fighting." Melody suggested while trying to hold back a laugh. "You should see what Haneul is doing." The two's eyes widened when they saw Haneul on the back of a male student.
 
"Haneul get back here!" MinJung desperately tried to run up to her to get her to stop being so crazy.
 
"But his back is so warm and comfy." She said while nuzzling her nose into his right shoulder blade, sending awkward chills up his spine.
 
"Yah! It's you!" The guy said when he saw MinJung's face. "I should've known you knew her! You two are crazy." MinJung froze upon seeing the guy's face. He was none other than KyuHyun, the guy she jumped on before. Before she could even say a word, Haneul collapsed onto KyuHyun's back. She finally crashed after her sugar rush.
 
"I believe she belongs to you." KyuHyun motioned MinJung to take Haneul even they both knew she probably wouldn't be able to carry her.
 
"I'll take her." Offered a blonde with a dimple on his left cheek. He, because he was a guy, obviously could carry the light Haneul.
 
"Oh, thank you," ShinYoung paused, wanting to thank him but couldn't because she didn't know his name.
 
"LeeTeuk." He smiled, exposing his dimple even more.
 
"Well, then thank you, LeeTeuk. I guess I'll lead you to her dorm so she could rest." ShinYoung offered but he declined.
 
"No, it's okay. I know where it is." ShinYoung's eyes widened. How did he know where Haneul's dorm was? Was he a stalker?
 
"Ready to go, yeppeo?"
 
Haneul responded win a muffled "Hmmph." He chuckled a bit at her passed out talking. She was knocked out completely by still managed to find a way to respond. He left with her on his back but he other three were left there, stunned.
 
Who was he and how did he know Haneul?

Annyeong! I'm here writing this from Hawaii! I actually wrote the chappie on the plane but the author's note is from Hawaii so Aloha!

It's break right now so to all those who live in the States and are on Spring Break... have a happy spring break!

@Twiillaa: It seems fun. I like places with open spaces because in NYC everything is so compressed and crowded so even though its easy to get to different places, it takes a while or its filled with tourists.

@SuperJuniorfan13: BoA has too much swag for the students. I like how JaeSun acts like a big bro for Jina <3 awwwwwwwww

@KimKyuHyun: LOL You forgot Haneul too XD

@secretseweet: Really? I love my teachers because I'm really close to them and they actually care about me and my friends. That's actually how I  modeled the teachers here because I want the students to be able to depend on them more than just academically.

@Sherry_16: YES COOKIES ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING.

@dattebayo-go:Yea I think JaeKyu has a better ring to it. JAEKYU IT IS!

@i_candie: TROLOLOL You comepletely forgot about your own character XD
MWO? I'M 15 HOW AM I AN OLD LADY??????? *sneaks behind you and grabs my hubby back* HA! I GOT MY HUBBY BACK SO NOW YOU CAN'T BLACKMAIL ME ANYMORE! XD SUCCESS!