Chapter 14

Seoul High School for the Gifted

Haneul made her way out of the auditorium with the others. They had all changed out of their stage outfits and into more comfortable clothes.

That is, except for her. Haneul kept on her long, flowing, white dress and every few seconds would just twirl around in it so she could see the ruffles flutter in the air.
 
“Really? You’re just going to keep wearing that all day?” KyuHyun scoffed at her childishness. Haneul stopped momentarily to listen to what he was saying but then proceeded to spin again.
 
“Yup!” All of them, JaeSun, KyuHyun, MinJung, and Aidan shook their heads at the maknae. She didn’t show much aegyo but when she did, it wasn’t a cutesy aegyo. It was more of an innocent, childlike aegyo like how she was acting now.
 
They learned not the expect much aegyo from Haneul but then again she was the maknae so she had to show just a little bit from time to time, right?
 
“You do know that you’re going to get dizzy if you keep doing that, right?” MinJung chuckled at Haneul. MinJung may have been just two months older than her but right now, two months felt like two years.
 
“Nah. I don’t get dizzy that easily.” Haneul responded and continued twirling around like a pinwheel. She almost slammed into a huge tree but caught herself at the last second, finding a way to avoid the collision.
 
“Okay.” Aidan said, not believing a single word that came out of the girl’s mouth. “But if you fall and crack your head, don’t expect me to take you to the hospital. You’re on your own with that.”
 
“Arasseo.” Haneul replied, not paying him any attention. This time, she tripped over her own feet but managed to keep her balance, saving herself from a nasty fall.
 
“Just let her.” JaeSun smiled protectively. “She’s just in a good mood after the showcase. Let her have her fun.” JaeSun felt a little tingle in his heart from Haneul’s innocence. It reminded him exactly of his sister.
 
The rest of the gang agreed and made their own conversations amongst themselves. In the talking, they didn’t notice Haneul slowly staying away from the group.
 
“Woah there.” Haneul heard a voice when she bumped into a hard chest, her head colliding face first into the person’s shirt and his arms creating almost like a basket for her to fall into.
 
“I’m sorry.” When Haneul finally stopped spinning, she realized how dizzy she actually was. Her body stopped but her head kept going and she clutched her head, trying to make it stop.
 
“Are you okay yeppeo?” Haneul didn’t look up to see who it was, not like it would make a difference anyway since she had triple vision at the moment, but she didn’t need to. She knew who it was already.
 
‘Yea. I’m fine. I just got a little dizzy.” In an attempt to stop her head from making her feel so nauseous, Haneul blinked her eyes and ruffled her hair.
 
“Hey.” LeeTeuk held her wrist, stopping her from pulling at her hair. “Don’t do that.You’re messing up your pretty hair.” With his free hand, he brushed her hair and fixed it so that every strand fell back in its place.
 
Blushing furiously from the intimate contact, Haneul took a step back when she realized she was basically in his arms, their faces just a few inches apart.
 
“You know, I saw you in the showcase. You were really good. I especially like your solo song.” LeeTeuk complimented, making her blush even more.
 
“Oh, thank you. I sang that for-“
 
“Your umma and your siblings, right? I’m sure if they were here they would be very proud of you, but I don’t think you would have to worry about that. They probably saw it from where they are now.”
 
Haneul frowned in confusion. She never told LeeTeuk about her family. How did he know so much about them? It seemed like LeeTeuk’s creepy stalker status went up just a little more.
 
“I think I should go to my dorm now. Jina unni is probably there already.” Shaking off the suspicious feeling she had, she concluded he probably just heard about the death of her siblings from someone else.
 
“I’ll take you there, yeppeo. It’s getting kind of late and it wouldn’t be right for you to walk alone. I have to head back, too, anyway.” Haneul nodded and with LeeTeuk leading the way, he carefully slipped his hand into hers.
 
--
 
“…And remember when KyuHyun’s shoe came flying off during practice?” Jaesun added to the conversation, making everyone crack up laughing except for KyuHyun himself who was im his usual grumpy mood.
 
“How can I forget?” MinJung managed to breathe out in between her chuckled. “That shoe hit me and it hurt! How big are your feet, Kyu oppa? That shoe was huge!”
 
“Shut up.” KyuHyun retorted crossing his arms across his body, obviously not enjoying the subject as much everyone else.
 
“Aww, come on Kyu.” Aidan patted the younger boy on the head. “We’re just playing.” Aidan let out one of his rare smiles.
 
“Ummm, excuse me.” Someone tapped MinJung on the shoulder causing her to turn around to see who it was.
 
“Oh! Zelo-ssi! What are you doing here?” The four were still hanging around near the auditorium. They were the only ones there because it was getting late and it was almost curfew so they were surprised to see Zelo there.
 
“Ummm, well, I just wanted to congratulate you for being so cool up on stage today.” He avoided eye contact with her, looking everywhere but at her. He kept switching his weight for leg to leg.
 
“Only MinJung?” JaeSun teased with his eyebrow raised suspiciously. Zelo, who was still looking aroung, saw this and shook his head in defense.
 
“No! I mean yes! No wait, but not like that! I mean I mean all of you. You all did really awesome up there.” Zelo looked down and blushed in response.
 
“Aww!” MinJung gave him a quick hug but before he could respond, pulled back. “That’s really sweet. Thanks.” She flashed him a smile but he didn’t know since he was still facing the ground.
 
“It’s nothing, really.” Zelo fiddled with his fingers behind his back that were there the whole time. The other three guys snickered at Zelo’s actions. “You deserve it.”
 
“Uh-huh.” Aidan agreed sarcastically. “MinJung deserves it.” At that, Zelo looked up with his eyes as wide as plates.
 
“No! I mean you all deserve it! Yea, you all deserve it.” Zelo tried to cover up his second mistake even though it was obvious. MinJung nodded in understanding as if she didn’t notice his second slip up.
 
“Well, we all worked really hard for it and we’re going to keep working hard for the next one, tight oppas?” MinJung asked the three boys behind her who couldn’t stop chuckling and shaking their heads.
 
“I’m going to head back now. It’s getting kind of late. Do you want to come with me, MinJung-ssi?” Zelo asked hopefully.
 
“Mianhae.” MinJung politely rejected. “We still have to clean up a bit before we got. The big showcase is tomorrow so we just have to make sure they can use the stage then.”
 
“Ah, I see.” Zelo’s shoulders slightly slumped in disappointment. “I guess I’ll be going then. These are for you.” Zelo moved his hands out from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of roses.
 
“Wah! Thank you!” MinJung took them gratefully and took a big sniff of the rose scent. “They’re really pretty.”
 
“You’re welcome.” Zelo gave a shy smile, his face turning red for the nth time. “Well, I’m leaving. Jalga!” He gave a wave and then ran off as fast as his legs could take him.
 
“What? No flowers for us?” KyuHyun sarcastically joked, earning a slap on the shoulder from MinJung. “Ow! That hurt!”
 
“You know he likes you, right?” JaeSun asked, stating the obvious. MinJung nodded.
 
“Yea.” She gazed at the roses. “I know.”
 
--
 
“I guess I should start heading back now.” KyuHyun announced after glancing at the time on his watch quickly.
 
“Oh! Then I should probably go with you.” JaeSun suggested. “We’re going to the same place anyway, might as well go together.”
 
“No!” KyuHyun covered his mouth after he blurted out, earning a few suspicious looks from the group. “I mean I’m leaving but I’m not going to the dorm yet. I still have something I want to do first.”
 
“Where are you going?” MinJung asked curiously while tilting her head slightly to the right. “Can I come? I don’t want to hang out with these pabos I have for oppas anymore. Merong~!”
 
“Yah!” Aidan exploded. “Who are you calling pabo? Speak for yourself! You’re the girl who jumped on my back the first day of school!”
 
“I told you already!” MinJung argued back. “It was a dare! Blame ShinYoung unni, not me! I wouldn’t have done it if I wasn’t dared to.”
 
The next thing you knew, a whole dispute broke out on who was the biggest pabo in the group which led to an even bigger fight between Aidan and MinJung on the dare MinJung did.
 
In the chaos, KyuHyun managed to sneak away from the pack and walk, well more like run, to his final destination: Lucky Ramyun Shop.
 
He was so eager to escape from them because he knew the store closed at 10 PM but it was already 9:30 PM. He had to hurry if he wanted to get a bowl of ramyun before the store closed.
 
“Ahjumma! Please hold the door!” KyuHyun called out when he saw the familiar store owner start locking the door from the inside.
 
“Oh!” The ahjumma seemed surprised to see KyuHyun there that late. “Kyuhyun-ah, what are you doing here? Doesn’t your dorm have a curfew?”
 
“And have you ever seen me enforce that curfew?” The ahjumma laughed. KyuHyun had gone to the ramyun store so many times that he became a regular there and had gotten close to the workers there.
 
“You’re right. I’ll go to the back and tell Yuri to stop cleaning. I think we still have some ingredients to make you a couple bowls. You want the usual, right?” Ahjumma limped over to the back with her cane when KyuHyun stopped her and motioned her to sit down.
 
“No, I’ll do it. You should rest. You were probably working all day, right?” He started walking to the back when he heard Ahjumma mumble a few words like “Such a nice boy” or something along those lines.
 
Che. Nice boy. Yea right.
 
“Yuri-ah. Make yourself useful and cook me some ramyun.” He shouted at the toned girl washing dishes at the sink. She paid KyuHyun no attention and kept doing her job. “Yah! Can you hear me through that thick skull of yours?”
 
Kwon Yuri. She was also in BoA seonsaengnim’s class and beat out KyuHyun just by a bit at being the top of the class. She was obviously a dancer and you could tell just by her body shape.
 
She was skinny, but not the anorexic, unhealthy skinny. She was toned and, like BoA seonsaengnim, hand nice legs from the hours of constant practice.
 
Yuri worked KyuHyun’s dream job as a part-time worker at the shop. He found that out the day he came when after she finished her ten bowls of ramyun changed into the store’s uniform and started waiting on tables.
 
“Shut up.” Yuri retorted. “The store's closed and I already washed most of the pots and pans. I don’t want to wash them again so just go away.” There a slight hatred between the two and obvious tension.
 
Both were very competitive and wanted the top spot in the class. KyuHyun was very mad at her for being on top. Similarly, he wanted the work at the shop but she beat him to the job when she found the store a few days earlier than he did and took the last position a part-time worker.
 
“Ahjumma said to make me some ramyun.” KyuHyun eyed the bowls of ingredients still lying on the counter because Yuri hadn’t put them away in the fridge yet.
 
“Well too bad.” Yuri rushed to finish rinsing the rest of the pots in the sink. “My shift is over and I’m leaving.” She announced when she washed the last plate and set it on the drying rack.
 
“Fine! I’ll make myself ramyun.” KyuHyun turned his back on her and looked at the variety of foods in front of him. “Now, where do I start?” His face was filled with confusion.
 
“Good luck with that.” Yuri scoffed. She took her sweater off the coat rack and said a few words before she left. “Just make sure you clean up after and don’t burn the kitchen down.” Yuri walked out the kitchen door.
 
“How do I make ramyun?”
 
--
 
“Wait.” MinJung yelled out causing them all to turn quiet. Everything was all silent as MinJung took a look around. “Where did Kyu oppa go?”
 
“Dang it!” JaeSun surprised everyone by yelling. “That boy better not be getting any ramyun. I swear every night this week he came back to the dorm smelling like spicy beef ramyun while eating ice cream.”
 
“Give him a break, hyung.” Aidan tried to calm down the fired up JaeSun. “He was really cool in his dance. Just let it go this one time. At least he gets ramyun.” Aidan added at the end to cover up the fact he himself had junk food hidden all throughout his room.
 
“Fine whatever.” JaeSun grumbled but his frown softened when he remembered the little “KyuHyunstien” a few days ago. He started to think that maybe taking all junk food away from him was a bad idea.
 
Aidan and MinJung, however, didn’t want to stay around for JaeSun’s little rage attack. Just because he was letting KyuHyun get away with it this time didn’t mean he wasn’t mad at him.
 
Slowly, the two backed away from their grumpy sunbae. JaeSun didn’t get mad easily but when he was, he was scary. Remember his little episode with KyuHyun’s door? Yea. He still had to get that fixed.
 
“Well,” MinJung started when they were a good distance away causing JaeSun to snap out of his trance. “It’s getting kind of late, isn’t it oppa? I think it’s time for me to go now. Melody unni is probably looking for me.”
 
“But you shouldn’t go alone!” Aidan said in the best acting voice he had, which was pretty bad considering he was a Math and Science major, not a Performing Arts major. “I’ll go with you. Bye hyung! See you at the dorm!”
 
And with that, the two ran out of there, and when I say ran, I mean ran. Neither of them were considered very athletic but they ran so fast it was like they were never there in the first place. JaeSun didn’t even have a chance to respond to the two ditching him.
 
“Oh that’s nice.” He said sarcastically, slowly making it down the long walk back to the male dorms alone. On the way, he heard a sweet melody fill the air.
 
 
(A/N: Imagine it was a girl playing)
 
The sound was catchy and had a really nice beat. He immediately fell in love with it. It was smooth and simple yet contained all the emotion a song could long for.
 
He searched frantically for where the sound could come from when it stopped. Still hoping the person playing was there, he looked around for a figure, a body, someone who could be playing that guitar.
 
“Hey wait!” He called out when he saw a small girl with long, chestnut brown hair carrying a red acoustic guitar running in the opposite direction.
 
He tried chasing her, but even though she had short skinny legs, she could run so fast that it was like she was flying all the way back to the girls’ dorms.
 
JaeSun, being the health freak he was, could run but soon started to run out of breath. He stopped to rest for a while, feeling his muscles starting to cramp.
 
He watched as his “mystery girl” went farther and farther in the distance. The tragic thing was that he, literally had no way to find her. He heard the tune she played and that was it. He never saw her face, never heard her voice.
 
--
 
“Okay.” Aidan said out of breath. “He’s gone. I think we can stop now.” They had only run a short distance but Aidan looked like he had just run a marathon.
 
Maybe JaeSun was right. Aidan did need to get into better shape. Even if he didn’t have to for his major, at least he could be healthier.
 
“So…” MinJung said after an awkward silence. Aidan and MinJung had to be the least close in the group. The two just didn’t know how to approach each other.
 
MinJung always had a hard time making friends with guys but she got over that with JaeSun since he was so social already and KyuHyun because she found him being such a grumpy a little funny. The fact that Aidan was so shy didn’t help their relationship.
 
“So…” Aidan repeated, not really knowing what to do. He was used to being in awkward situations since his personality naturally brought him into those instances but his instincts told him that he needed to say something. The only problem was that he didn’t know what to say.
 
“I guess I should-“
 
“Oh crap!” Aidan yelled, pulling MinJung him to hide behind a tree. He peeked out past the trunk a little to catch sight of whatever he saw that made him want to hide and then ducked back down.
 
“What? Did Jae oppa come over? Does he look mad?” MinJung asked, completely confused at the situation. She still had no idea what they were hiding from.
 
“No, it’s not Jae hyung.” He whispered, trying to keep his voice to a minimum. MinJung peeked out and before Aidan could tuck her head back, she saw a feminine figure that gave off a sort of masculine aura in the distance.
 
“Is that Amber unni?” She asked. She knew Aidan probably knew Amber, knowing they were both Math and Science majors. She also knew that they both weren’t morning people so the chances of them being in the same afternoon classes were very likely.
 
“Yes, now shhhh.” He tried to quiet MinJung down but it wasn’t working at all.
 
“Why are we hiding from- you like Amber unni, don’t you?” MinJung looked at Aidan teasingly. She was happy because now that she knew his secret, he would have to open up to her soon and not only that, she had some dirt on him she could use to her advantage.
 
“No, why would I-” Before Aidan could finish, MinJung had already jumped out from behind the tree, waving her arms wildly.
 
“Annyeong Amber unni!” She yelled out, catching the girl’s attention. The two met eye contact and Amber quickly walked over.
 
“What are you doing?” Aidan said between his teeth so that only she could hear him and not Amber. He was trying to keep himself from doing anything he wasn’t supposed to do, if you catch my drift.
 
“Hey MinJung. ‘Sup Aidan.” She gave them a head nod and fixed her hat so that the brim was tilted a bit to the side.
 
“What are you doing out so late, unni?” MinJung asked. Amber put her hands in her pockets with the thumbs sticking out and her elbows slightly bent.
 
“Nothing, just doing whatever. How ‘bout you two? Are you, like, together or something?” She asked, making Aidan’s eyes as wide as golf balls.
 
“No, no, no, no, no!” MinJung waved frantically; putting her arms in front of her like an x. “It’s not like that! Aidan oppa was just walking me home because it was late.”
 
“That’s sad. It would’ve been cute. Oh well. Gotta go. Tell me if you need more chips, ‘kay Aidan.” Amber walked off, back to the dorms.
 
“Mianhae oppa.” MinJung said, disappointed that her plan to get the two together failed.
 
“Whatever. I didn’t like her, anyway. That’s what I was trying to tell you.” Aidan said.
 
“Then why didn’t you want to see her?” MinJung asked, completely confused like she always was around her.
 
“Well, I owe her money and I didn’t have it on me now. I’m just happy she didn’t remember.”

--

Jina watched as all the others were surrounded by their friends the minute they left the auditorium. She could hear their exclamations of “Chukahae!” and “That was really daebak!”
 
Going back to her dorm, she couldn’t help but smile at the thought of one day her family coming to see her perform and doing the same thing. She knew the act was probably impossible but it didn’t hurt to dream, right?
 
In a way, Jina felt a little jealous. She had amazing talent, no doubt, but she had no one to share it with. She always kept it to herself.
 
Jina started to regret acting cold to everyone and pushing them away no matter how hard they tried to befriend her, but it’s not like it was her fault. After years of building up that wall, it just became a habit for her to act that way.
 
“Hey.” Jina heard a voice from behind her and hesitantly her heels to face the person. She was surprised to see YongHwa there, out of breath and trying to catch it. “I finally caught up with you.”
 
“Y-you were looking for me?” Jina was shocked to think that her crush for who knows how long was looking for her, cold, insecure, plain old her.
 
“Yea.” YongHwa bent down to put his hands on his knees in an attempt to support his body from the lack of oxygen he received in trying to get to Jina.
 
Jina nervously the strap of the guitar case she carried on her back that ran across her body from her left shoulder to her right hip. Chewing on the bottom of her lip, she anxiously waited for YongHwa to continue.
 
“Well, I just wanted to congratulate you for your performance. You did really well.” YongHwa gave her a smile and out of courtesy, Jina tried to give a smile back but it came out a little awkward so she decided not to anymore.
 
“Oh, t-thanks. It means a lot.” Jina couldn’t find the courage in her to look up at him when he lifted his face back up and avoided his gaze but searching the floor as if it was suddenly interesting.
 
“No, really. You are an amazingly talented musician and I think you should really put yourself out there some more so that people can see it.” YongHwa took a step closer to her but Jina, in her nervousness took a step back.
 
“I-I have to go. I have to finish up that assignment Kim seonsaengnim gave us.” Jina lied. She finished writing that song the minute he gave them the assignment but even if she didn’t, it’s not like she actually did anything in that class anyway or cared about it.
 
She turned back on her heels to leave and started walking in the direction of her and Haneul’s dorm, hoping to escape the awkward atmosphere.
 
It’s not that she didn’t like being around YongHwa, in fact, she loved it. Who wouldn’t want to be around their crush? It’s just that she didn’t know how to act around him and didn’t want to look like a complete idiot in front of him.
 
“Hey wait!” YongHwa called out, making Jina stop in her steps. She heard the light tapping of his footsteps as he came closer and slightly jumped when she felt him place his hand on her shoulder to turn her back around.
 
“Y-yea?” Mentally, she slapped herself for stuttering. She knew she couldn’t speak well with people because of her lack of interaction with them but she hated that it was so obvious.
 
“I was just wondering if you could help me with my songs.” YongHwa flashed his smile to Jina again and she couldn’t help but blush. She could look at his smile a million times and never get tired of it.
 
“Huh? Me? Why do you need help? You’re an amazing musician already.” By not, Jina’s heart was racing so fast, she could feel it almost jump out of her chest.
 
“I’m okay, I guess, but you have this emotion when you sing that really captures everyone. It’s so hard for me to find that emotion. Can you teach me how to get there?” YongHwa’s eyes were pleading out there.
 
Now, Jina felt conflicted. She wanted so much just to help him. It was so hard for her to turn him down but at the same time, by doing so she was going against all she believed in.
 
She felt the emotion in songs weren’t something that could be taught but had to be experienced. That was the reason why she hated Kim seonsaengnim’s class so much. She didn’t know how someone could be taught how to feel something. It was just there, you can’t force it out.
 
“I-I guess I can try.”

--

“Oh god.” ShinYoung whispered to herself as she looked past the curtain from backstage and into the audience. She stuck her head back in and began pacing back and forth across the stage.

 
“Are you ready for this?” WooHyun popped up next to her, making her jump back in surprise, not that he was trying to shock her. She was so nervous right now that anything could knock her off the edge.
 
“Are you kidding me?” ShinYoung exploded in anger, something she never did before in her life. “We have never practiced together and now we have to perform in front of all these people!”
 
Yes, the two never got any practice time together for their song number. The dance number they had down pact but they never once practiced the song together. It seemed like a good idea at the time to neglect the song and focus mostly on the dance. The two of them were stronger dancers than singers so they figured they could work on the song later since it would come to them more naturally.
 
The only problem with that was once they perfected the dance, they didn’t have any time for the song. Why? Well, when ShinYoung was free, which was rare, WooHyun was out on a date with another girl or hanging out with his hyungs. When WooHyun was free, which was most of the time, ShinYoung was either working at the café, writing another paper for a class, or baby-sitting Wei.
 
ShinYoung was so bust that in order to fit everything into her schedule she had to sacrifice much of her free time, like her meals and a few hours of sleep. That girl was running on one meal a day, usually an apple or a banana so she could eat on the go, and three hours of sleep. It was a wonder that she hadn’t fainted from exhaustion yet.
 
“It’s fine. You practiced on your own, right? All you do is sing your part. That’s it. Don’t stress. It’s not like we have time to practice. The show starts in two minutes.” WooHyun gave a wave before turning on his heels to the direction of the stylists for some last minute touch ups.

“We’re on in one!” The stage manager announced to everyone before running off to his position. All the others followed his example and the first up walked onto his spot on stage.
 
WooHyun found his place in the direct center of the stage on a chair with his head facing down to the floor. The curtains opened and the soft melody of Ne-Yo’s “So Sick” filled the air as WooHyun’s body flowed with the music.
 
 
It was only a short sequence. WooHyun wasn’t the strongest of dancers but he was good enough to be the opener. He was meant just to prepare the audience for what was to come.
 
Putting on the blazer over his vest and the hat on his head that he got from the clothes rack on stage, he picked up a microphone that was placed oh-so-conveniently right underneath the chair and a slower melody(<----- click it XD (sorry there’s no male voice. Just pretend that WooHyun is singing)) played. 
 
Everyone expected him to sing first but it wasn’t his voice. It was a female’s voice singing to the music. From the side, ShinYoung walked in wearing a long, elegant gown and the train followed her. It was simple but beautiful.
 
Geu eotteon nugunga ga gido hara kkum kkwora     (Someone told me to pray, to dream)
Irwo jinda haetdeon ga, eotteon modeun geot deuldo     (That it will come true no matter what it is)
Da naege malhae, neon nareul bogo malhae     (Tell me everything, look at me and tell me)
Ijen jebal meomchu rago     (tell me to please stop)
Han sumeun janhok hage geochil geman deulli ni     (The sighs sound cruel and harsh)
Heona deulli ji anha eotteon guwon ye sori     (But I can't hear anything, no sounds of salvation)
Nan gido hane, tto naneun sori chine     (I pray and I cry out)
Nuga nareul kkeonae jugil     (for someone to save me)

Stand by me and necessary
Jeomjeom gipeo man ga neoreul anheul surok     (
It gets worse and worse, the more I grieve over you)
Lalalalalala lalala lalala
Cry for me and I'm sorry
Jeomjeom paeyeo man ga neoreul ilheul surok     (
It spreads and spreads, the more I grieve over you)
Jebal dashi ana dallago
Meomchwo itdeon nareul kkaewo jwo, meomchwo itdeon shigan dollyeo nwa     (Wake me up from being still, bring back the time from standing still)
Eoje cheoreom, geureohke na ege man useo boyeo jwo     (Smile for me like you did yesterday)
Gamchwo itdeon seulpeum joyeo wa, gamchwo itdeon apeum olla wa     (The hidden sadness is drawing in, the hidden pain is rising up)
He eoji jan, geu mareun ani ani ani aniya     (Your words of breaking up, I just can't can't can't can't)
 
The two looked at each other. Their eyes were closed shut the entire duration of the song so they didn’t notice the tears on the other’s face until that moment. They were both crying. ShinYoung knew deep in her heart why she was crying but the reason for WooHyun was unknown.
 
But despite this, they couldn’t stop the show just because of a few fallen tears. The show must go on and like the saying, the next song immediately started once the stage hands finished getting the stage ready.
 
It was decorated with a single bed, a small sofa, a stool, a coffee table, two telephones, a door and a short wall that separated the stage in half. Both were on the left side when the music played.
 
 
The stage lights turned off but once they again, everything was gone as if it was never there.
 
“You ready?” JongHyun whispered to Melody backstage. Their part was coming up soon, very soon and Melody’s habit of biting her bottom lip expressed her anxiousness.
 
No.” She lied, not wanting to look weak in the eyes of the enemy. “It’s just that I would rather do a duet with MyungSoo than the likes of you.”
 
“Ooooooh. Burn!” One of the by-standers exclaimed as he casually passed by the two but not before giving Melody a quick fist pump.
 
“It’s a love song. Why would I sing a love song with you?” She pushed him a few inches back before walking up to the side entrance of the stage. She was up soon.
 
JongHyun chuckled. “I see it now. You would rather sing a love song with MyungSoo because you like him, don’t you?” Elbowing her to add emphasis, she glared at him, not wanting to deal with him at the moment.
 
No.” Melody simply stated, hoping that her blunt answers would give off the vibe to him to go away and that she didn’t want to talk to him.
 
“Mel, Jjong, you’re on in thirty.” A stagehand reminded her as she took a last deep breath and stepped out onto the stage. JongHyun quickly followed behind her and took his place next to her, about four feet apart.
 
There was nothing extremely outrageous about their stage. Their clothes were simple, meant to emphasize their voices, not their fashion. Heo seonsaengnim had suggested doing that because he believed it would be their voices and their dancing that would capture the audience. Pure talent, not show.
 
Soon, the sweet melody and smooth beats of the song (<----- click it XD) filled the air and the ears of the people. Melody smiled and the music filled her head, suddenly not caring that she was singing with such a detestable person.
 
eoryeopge haneun saramgeun jipchagira hajyo     (They say that love that is hard to do is called obsession)
geu saramdeurui sarangeun cham swiungabwayo     (I guess those people’s lives are very easy)
naman mideoyo     (Just believe in me)

everything is gonna be
alright alright
alright alright

himdeulge haneun sarangeun babojisirago     (They say that love that is hard to do is called a foolish act)
inyeoni aniraneun mal neomu swipge hajyo     (They say it’s not meant to be so easily)
oh nan geudaereul mideoyo     (But I believe in you)
baby it’s gonna be

alright alright
alright alright
sesangi manhi byeonhaesseoyo     (The world has changed a lot)
dadeul swipge manna ibyeolhajanhayo     (Everyone meets easily and breaks up easily)
yojeum saramdeul sarangeul jal mollayo     (People these days don’t really know love)
geudaewa nan gidarimeul aljanhayo     (But you and I, we know how to wait)
himdeulsurok byeonhaji anneun sarangeul     (Let’s have a love that doesn’t change the more we do it)
yaksokhaeyo     (Promise me)
 
The song ended with the two smiling at each other but, believe me, inside Melody was probably staring daggers into the poor boy’s soul.
 
They walked farther apart, practically to opposite ends of the stage, Melody on the left and JongHyun on the right, when the next number came on.
 
 
The song ended with the audience hooting at the two but while JongHyun was receiving the praise gladly, in the corner of his eye he saw Melody’s eye slightly twitch. She was probably still in shock after all the skinship they had.
 
But don’t worry about Melody. It’s normal. That happened after every time the two practiced together. Plus, Melody is a big girl. She could take care of herself.
 
The two walked off together, not together as in right next to each other but at the same time. Melody walked off from the right while JongHyun walked off from the left.
 
Melody had enough “quality time” with JongHyun. She needed some “Melody” time so she went off in search for ShinYoung.
In the process, she managed to bump into another person, knocking herself off her own feet and probably doing the same to the other person.
 
I’m sorry!” She exclaimed. Looking up, she recognized the familiar dark, black hair and deep, mysterious eyes. “MyungSoo-ssi!”
 
“Aigoo, Melody. We’ve met a lot of times already. Drop the formalities!” Melody blushed and looked down at her feet. “You did amazing up there!”
 
“A-ah. Thank you.” The blush spread across her face even more. “You did well, too, with Lee JiEun-ssi.”
 
“Ani. JiEun got all the big roles. I was only the support.” Melody opened to object but was interrupted by one of the stage hands.
 
“Finale in one minute! All performers to the stage now!” The voice permeated the air before he returned to his original position next to the stage manager up at the control booth.
 
“Oh! Let’s go Melody.” MyungSoo pulled Melody gently by the wrist and the entire time they were walking, she stared at his hand connected to hers.
 
Up on stage, she had butterflies fluttering around in her stomach, which was weird because she never had stage fright before. She blushed noticing MyungSoo’s hand still entwined with hers.
 
She didn’t want to pull away but it was awkward holding it for so land and breathed a sigh of relief when he let go. Suddenly, she felt the butterflies go away.
 
Melody found herself standing next to ShinYoung and wondered how she got to her place when she was just standing next to MyungSoo but shook it off.
 
The last song (<----- click it XD) filled the air. They got they school orchestra to play the last song as it was supposed to be go grand. It was rumored to have been a collaboration between Kim HyungJun seonsaengnim and another student but no one could confirm it.
 
I Dream High nan kkumeul kkujyo     (I dream high, I have a dream)
Himdeul ttaemyeon nan nuneul gamgo     (When it gets hard I close my eyes)
Kkumi irweojineun geu sunganeul     (While I imagine that moment \)
Gyesok tteoollimyeo ireonajyo     (I get up and keep going)
Duryeoumeui kkeuteseo nan     (I shake in the face of fear)
Oneuldo heundeullijyo     (Today as well)
Tteorejilkka bwa naraoreuji mothaneun     (I’m afraid to fly in fear of falling down)
Eorin saecheoreom     (Like a young bird)
Jakku naega hal su inna     (I keep on asking whether I can do this)
Nae kkumi irweojilkka     (Whether my dreams can come true)
Naeditneun georeum han georeum georeumi dashi     (Whenever I make a step, step by step)
Duryeoweo jil ttaemada      (Again, that fear comes back)
I Dream High nan kkumeul kkujyo     (I dream high, I have a dream)
Himdeul ttaemyeon nan nuneul gamgo     (When it gets hard I close my eyes)
Kkumi irweojineun geu sunganeul     (While I imagine that moment \)
Gyesok tteoollimyeo ireonajyo     (I get up and keep going)
I can fly high naneun mideoyo     (I can fly high, I believe that)
Eonjenganeun jeo haneulwiro     (One day into the sky)
Nalgaereul pyeogo nugubodado     (I’ll open my wings)
Jayurobge nopi nara oreul geoeyo     (And fly up higher than anyone else before)
 
Everyone in the audience was up on their feet. Adrenaline was still pumping through all of the performers. Finally, all the work they put in, all the sleepless nights had paid off. They worked so hard and finally achieved their dream.
 
And they couldn’t wait until they had the chance to stand on stage again.

Halo~~~~~!
 
I know, I know. I didn't update last week and I just have to say I'm really really really reallly sorry! I completely forgot I had a term paper due last week and I didn't remember the night before it was due so I was pretty much cramming the entire time and I was really busy last week too because I had my cousin's graduation and b-day not to mention I got distracted by playing Temple Run... heheh sorry.
 
On the bright side this has to be the LONGEST chapter I wrote so far so I hope it makes up for the no update. I'm kind of disappointed with the showcase, though. I think it didn't flow as much as the secret showcase and the trasitions weren't as smooth. IDK if you got it but the whole theme for this showcase was simplicity and really emphasizing the pure talents of the performers but oh well. I put a lot of story line in this chapter.
 
Good news! School is ending on Tuesday for me then I just have my finals and state exams but, like I said in the last chapter, I'm exempt from the finals so I only need to take the state tests, which I only have three so yay! Also, my parents got me a new laptop for my birthday so expect more consisten updates and no more skipping weeks since I won't have to fight over the computer with my brothers anymore.
 
@TheBestOfKpop: I think this showcase wasn't as cool with all the techy stuff because Aidan wasn't in charge. Hmmmmm. I have to start thinking about putting him as the new director/ producer for these things.
 
@SuperJuniorfan13: LOL I guess you can laugh if you want. I just needed to put something so I could change the scene. 
You're talking about when she sang in the second song, right? Yeah. That's Ailee. I think her voice is just beautiful and I love it because it's so different from other Korean voices. There's a real depth and power to her voice that I can't find in a lot of other voices.
Hmmmm.... revenge for WooHyun. We'll see.
 
@Twiillaa: That's what I'm trying to convince my dad......
 
@KimKyuHyun: Really? I wasn't expecting people to know the Epik High song or the duet by YoSeob and EunJi. I try not to use the mainstream title tracks by the really big popular groups (but somehow Big Bang's "Lies" and Park Bom's "You and I" managed to slip in there). The lesser known songs need some love too!
I love Shaun Evaristo. He has to be one of my favorite choreographers. Whenever I use dance videos in the story, expect them to be either by Shaun Evaristo or Keoni Madrid and Mari Martin.
 
@secretseweet: LOL We'll see what happens when ShinYoung introduces Wei to the rest of the group.
Apparently, it's a mushy love song that Melody hated. XD
Yessss. Jina's wall is breaking. Hopefully she doesn't build it back up again *wink wink* LOL jk. IDK.
 
@Sherry_16: Couldn't have said it better myself.
Expect more Wei soon!
 
@i_candie: I was mad at myself because I couldn't get this one to be like the secret showcase but ughhhhhhh
Nahhh. I think YoungSaeng had a pretty tough debut. He looked so cute and awkward during his debut stage.
Jina's acting all shy now. Gahhhh is that bad or good?
That's just him being insecure and modest. He knows he has an amazing voice, he just doesn't want to admit it.
OMG You're hubby is going to the army! KyuJong hwaiting! What now? Is it going to be like a long-distance relationship kind of thing?
Sigh. Now we have to wait two more years for them to comeback, but you know what? I would wait ten, no, even one hundred years just to see them comeback.
It was so cute when they all went to Kyu's fanmeet. All of them together brought so many memories. Too bad mal could onlt be in the audience because of him company disuptes.
 
@TheRoyalCouple: I think JaeSun is going to let them eat junk food again XD.