SHOCKING NORMS

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
Everyone went out the meeting hall of the Palace. Joohyun and Taehyung were informed by King Seokjin to go straight the dining area for dinner. He made sure to express his gratitude to have Joohyun with them for their night meal. As expected Joohyun was amused with the dining area. Amazing chandelier with lighted candles, long table that can sit 50 people, dishes prepared like a feast and the chairs that are quite heavy to move since it's made of expensive stones.

Taehyung pulled the chair for her and she politely sit down. She's already salivating by just looking at the roasted chicken, beef stew in different colors, vegetable salad, steamed salmon and breads. When she was about to touch her utensils Taehyung took her hand to stop her and then she realized that a taster should taste the food first before they get something from it. 

"Please enjoy your meal." King Namjoon told everyone.

Joohyun were able to have all of the dish except for the chicken which King SeokJin noticed. "Lady Irene, don't you like the roasted chicken?" 

"Miane, I'm quite allergic to chicken. I feel sick when I consumed even a little bite of it." Joohyun explained. 

"Thank you for telling us. We will stock a lot of fish meat and beef for you." King Namjoon told her.

Joohyun almost forgot that the Kingdom isn't as progressive as her modern world. She thought the meals were cooked with the use of some expensive cooking equipments so she asked "What brand of cookware are you using?" 

"Ne?" Jimin asked her once again. He was sure that he heard her but he coulnd't understand what she was saying. 

"Lady Irene, we have the finest cooks here in the Palace. They cooked delicious meals because they're well skilled." Taehyung informed her.

Joohyun just nod and she kept quiet. She was so carried away with the delicious taste of the food that she was eating and she thought that speaking more will just make Taehyung's family suspect her. 

The servants and the cook who are observing Joohyun from the kitchen are glad and honored that she enjoyed their food. They thought that the savior of the second Prince and his future wife should be treated well. 

After the Royal family's dinner the meals were after cared by the servant and they were served with a hot tea. The glass was made of pure gold that it looked empty when Joohyun stared at it except that a smoke coming from it indicates that it is hot and should not yet be drink. 

"My Kings, I would like to take Lady Irene for a walk in the Palace while having our tea." Taehyung informed them and he excused himself and Joohyun. 

The Palace was so big and there are some servants and group of Defenders who are passing by them and of course stops when the two passed by them. The hot tea is so perfect to welcome the cold air that passes the Palace at night. "You're really living in heaven." Joohyun compliments the Palace.

"This isn't the heaven for me."Taehyung responded. "I live here ever since I was born and I couldn't find the Palace amusing anymore." 

"By the way I haven't met your Mom where is she?" Joohyun asked curiously. 

"Well I was raised by two Kings. They were both my Mom and my Dad. If you met Lead Servant Ha Jiwon she is my surrogate mother." Taehyung told her.

"So you even have LGBTQ here in your Kingdom?" Joohyun asked him and Taehuung laughed at her jargons again. "I mean, I couldn't be more amazed to learn that those two Kings are in love. I thought they were brothers." 

"Why don't you have something like that in your world?" 

"We have." Joohyun admit. "But it's not as accepted as it is here." She clarified.

They walked more while they were enjoying their glass of hot tea and they reached the Palace's fountain. "Wow Daebak." Joohyun said. She can't believe she's seeing a 20ft tall rising water in the fountain. She run approaching it and realized there are some fishes with different colors in it. "These are sea fishes. They can live here?" Joohyun asked.

Taehyung nods. "They keep the fountain fresh and clean." He informed him. "Look up." He told Joohyun.

Joohyun saw group of People flying at the sky lined up as if they blend with the stars. "Are they really flying?" 

"They are sky guards. Just like the Defenders in land they roam around at night to protect the Kingdom." Taehyung said. "They do not need a lamp for their way. The bright light of the moon is enough for them to see where they're going." 

"Your place is Magical." Joohyun said. The Kingdom makes her feel that she's in a fairytale. "This Kingdom is Fantastic. Honestly I really don't know where to look." She said and noticed Taehyung looking up the sky. "You're not watching the sky guards aren't you?" 

Taehyung nods. "I am plotting your pathway." 

Joohyun is having mixed emotions. Somehow she became attach to Taehyung that she doubted to leave the place but she couldn't tell him. She doesn't want to discomfort Taehyung with her presence. All she has to do as of now is the prevent the growing feelings towards Taehyung and standing in front of the fountain in a quiet Palace in front of the Prince wouldn't help her. "Could you walk me to my room?" Joohyun told him.

"Sleepy already?" Taehyung asked her with a smile. 

Joohyun nods and she lied. Taehyung leaded the way and she intentionally let him walk in a distant from her. Which he quickly noticed. "Walk faster." Taehyung said but she didn't everytime she looks at him regardless if he smiles or not her world seems to move slowly and her eyes became more fixated to his face. 

But Taehyung becomes impatient and he can't understand what's going on in her. So he walked towards her and carried her like a Princess in his arms. "Yah put me down!" She commanded.

"That was a disrespectful request Lady Irene." Taehyung informed her but still smiled. He didn't put her down and Joohyun can''t help but to blush and embarrassed to anyone who will passed by them. "I know it worries you that we don't have a distinct event when you will be going back in your world but please hang on for a while." He told her to give her assurance that he will keep his promise.

After some long walks and stairs, Taehyung managed to reach Joohyun's room and found her servant Kim Yerim standing and waiting in front of her room. She bowed at them and she can't help but to smile to their sweet interaction. 

As soon as they entered her room, Taehyung playfully dropped her on her bed. "You're heavy." Taehyung told her.

"and you're good in ruining the mood." Joohyun respond without a doubt. 

"Servant please come inside." Taehyung commanded in a loud voice and with just a second Kim Yerim entered her room and bowed at them. "Please give My Lady some good massage it seems like she got tired walking tonight." Taehyung joked and left the two in that room.

Meanwhile it is already late night in the Kingdom and the Royal advisers are still awake. They are debating if they're going to support the marriage of the second Prince. "The Lady is a threat to the Kingdom!" Onew firmly said as he slammed the table with his palm.

"Adviser Onew." Minho called his attention. "That's a disrespectful remarks to the Royal Family. Take back what you've said." He commanded.

"If the Prince found her in the middle of the woods then we are not aware if that Woman was just transfored by any sorcery or spell. What if she's a pig turned into human?" Onew explained.

Taemin couldn't hold his offensive words anymore. So he took the cabarnet made of wood and spilled everything in face of Onew. "How could you compare the Lady, the second Princess of this Kingdom to a wild life?" The youngest adviser talked back. "Stop being someone disgraceful." 

Taemin, Minho and Kibum who joked that Joohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter