Chapter 8

Can't Hide it Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG'S POV

 

------- Flashback (con't) -------

 

I went to my bedroom and prepared myself to meet Y/N. I went to my walk-in closet and trying to mix and match my clothes. I want to look good in front of her. Should i wear this Gucci coat? Or maybe this Rick Owens jacket would be nice? Ah or maybe it's a perfect time to wear my new Bottega Veneta shirt? But then i remember we're going to wear costume anyway for our dance practice, so I picked my favorite Celine classic t-shirt, a black Puma hoodie, and black pants.

Then i showered and used some lotion, Aveeno stress relief. It has a good smell, lavander and chamomile, my favorites all the time. Wondering how to stop stress at work? Reach for lavender. Certain smells can elicit the relaxation response. One study compared the stress levels of people who had vials containing lavender oil pinned to their clothes to those who did not. The ones who were exposed to lavender scent reported feeling more relaxed than those who were scent-free.

I looked at the clock, now it's 10.55 a.m. I didn't know why my heart beats so fast, i was so nervous to meet her but i couldn't wait any longer. Should i wear a mask to hide my face? I can't show her my nervous face like this. Beside, if our members are traveling or walking out in public, we don't want to be recognized by our fans so we wear mask.

 

"Taehyung-ah, are you ready?" i was taken back by Namjoon hyung voice as he knocked my door.

"Yes hyung, i'm coming!" I shouted. I wear my mask and went outside. I saw Jungkook face was annoyed, he didn't wear his mask but his hat lowered down enough to cover his small face. He sat on the sofa as he waited for his hyungs.

"Jungkook-ah, let's go" Namjoon hyung said. Jungkook just nodded without looking at us then walked out the dorm.

"Hoseok-ah, don't forget to tell our manager that we will drive by ourselves" Namjoon hyung looked at Hoseok hyung.

"Yah, did you see Jungkook's face? He didn't say anything since he came out from his room" Hoseok hyung hit Namjoon hyung arm.

"Wae? He allowed us to join anyway" he shrugged. We bid goodbye to other members.

 

Namjoon hyung and i made way to Jungkook's car. He's already waiting in the driver seat. Namjoon hyung sat in the front seat and i sat behind Jungkook. Namjoon hyung can't drive. He doesn't have a driving license. Every BTS member has driving licence except him. I would love to drive but Jungkook is the youngest and he the only one who knows her address. Jungkook still not looking at us. I could feel the tension between us.

"Are you mad at us?" I asked the youngest.

"Anieyo hyung" he glared at me from the rear mirror. He's totally mad, i can see that.

Jungkook putted her address to his navigation system, Hanwha Galleria Foret, then he started to drive. Ah, so she lives in there, the high-end apartment building in Seoul. Of course, she's one of the top idol in Korea. I'd love to owned my own apartement, i'm still looking for the one.

We didn't really talk along the ride. I didn't know how to start a conversation in this kind of situation. In the middle of the ride, Jungkook grabbed his phone and connected it to bluetooth because it could be dangerous to use your phone while driving. He's calling Y/N, we clearly can hear their conversation, but Jungkook doesn't seem bothered about it. I was impressed by him, he has a gut to call her first. If i were him, i probably chickened out. After a few seconds she answered the call.

"Jungkook-ah" She greeted with her hoarse voice. Woah, she called him 'Jungkook-ah'? Are they really that close? I mean, they barely knew each other. My heart beats so fast after hear her voice. I slighlty feel jealous when she called him by his name casually.

"Noona, i'm on my way to pick you up. I'll be there in 5 minutes" Jungkook said. Namjoon hyung looked back to me, we didn't say anything. We're just too shocked about their closeness.

"Jungkook-ah sorry, i just woke up. I'll take a shower now. If you've arrive, just come up to my house, don't wait in the car" We could hear she just got up from her bed and walked somewhere else.

"It's okay Noona, our practice start in 2 hours anyway." he stated as he looked at his watch.

"But still i feel bad, you already told me that you'll pick me up at 11. I will text you my house number. I'll hang up now, i want to take a shower! Bye!" She rushed and ended up the call. Jungkook glanced at Namjoon hyung then back to the road.

"I haven't tell Noona that you guys came along" he said as he slowed down his car then trying to text her. It's so dangerous to texting while driving.

"Let me text her, Jungkook-ah. You keep driving" i extended my hand to reach his phone. Jungkook hesitated at first but he thought it's a good thing if he tell her beforehand that we came along. He finally gave me his phone and i unlocked his phone then saw her messages.

 

Y/N Noona: On the 27th floor, then go to the right.

Y/N Noona: I'm sorry Jungkook-ah! It'll take about an hour to prepare myself ㅋㅋㅋ just wait in my house to watch tv or eat or something.

Y/N Noona: My mom is here, she will let you in, i already told her.

Y/N Noona: You can have anything beside teokbokki for our dinner later! I'm sorry again!

 

'Our dinner'? Are they planning to have dinner together later? Woah, i couldn't believe it. I couldn't help myself but scrolled up to read some of their messages, now i can see why they're really close. They texted just like casual friend. I secretly praised Jungkook for his boldness. Jungkook glanced at me from rear mirror, i could see uneasiness from his eyes. Maybe he's wondering why i took so long. I couldn't finish read all of them, then proceed to text her.

 

Jungkook: Okay Noona. Take your time. I brought along my hyungs, Taehyung hyung and Namjoon hyung, is that okay with you? 

Y/N Noona: It's okay. Woah you bring the cutie? ㅋㅋㅋ

 

'The cutie'? Wait what? Is it me or Namjoon hyung? Is Jungkook really talking about us with her? I blushed so hard when i read her message. I don't want to ask her who is the cutie because this is Jungkook's phone. I glanced at Jungkook to see whether he looked at me or not, then i took out my phone and discreetly saved Y/N Noona's number.

 

Jungkook: Ne Noona ^^ i can't wait to meet you...

 

Then i gave Jungkook his phone. He took it and put it on his dashboard.

"Why you took so long to text her?" Jungkook asked me curiously, his eyes still roamed on the road.

"I waited for her reply, she said it's okay" i wasn't lying about that. Jungkook nodded then continued to drive. "Then she said, oh you brought the cutie" i said cutely.

Jungkook slowed down his car and looked at his phone to make sure about that.

"Woah, jinjja?" Namjoon hyung surprised. Jungkook didn't say anything, maybe he was surprised too.

"It's me, isn't it?" I while poking his arm. I want to ease the atmosphere.

"Ne hyung. She saw our MV and she said you were cute." He said, still looking on the road.

"Yah yeoksi, uri Taehyung-ah. I'm jealous." Namjoon looked at me and placed his hand on his chest.

"What can i say, i was born to be a cutie" i cupped my face. Namjoon hyung laughed and Jungkook's can't help but smiling after hear what i said.

"Now you're disgusting" Namjoon said as he looked to the front. We were laughing so hard. He's so blunt, i know he's kidding. I was kinda relieved when i saw Jungkook's laughing. He's our maknae, i didn't like it when he acted like a spoiler brat just because of small things. We've been together for more than 4 years, i know that he is a kind hearted person. Maybe he was slightly annoyed by Namjoon hyung and i, but now i think he's over it.

"Should we bring something to her?" I asked to them.

"What should we buy?" Namjoon hyung asked back, his eyes wondering to the street to find something interested.

"What does she like, Jungkook-ah?" i asked Jungkook.

"I don't know hyung, i was going to brought her flowers but--" he answered while smirking. He slowed down his car to searched something.

"Yah, you want to make fun of your hyungs? It's not like you want to ask her for a date or something." i playfully hit his arm. Jungkook's laughing.

"Let's just buy a cake then" Namjoon hyung suggested while pointing the cake and bakery store. Then we stopped by the store and bought a chocolate cake.

 

After a couple minutes, we arrived at Y/N apartement. We parked in the basement and he turned off the engine. We unbuckled our seatbelts and get out of the car.

"Hyung, just don't do something stupid in front of her" Jungkook said as we entered the elevator.

"Yah, do you think we won't behave?! We're a grown up man, Jungkook-ah." Namjoon scolded him as he crossed his arms.

"Don't worry, Jungkook-ah" i said to convinced him.

Soon we arrived at her floor, we pressed the bell. A middle aged lady opened the door and greeted us.

"Hi, welcome! You guys must be Y/N's friends, come in!" She let us in. Her voice is so soft and warm, just like my mom. Now i missed her.

We got in the house and bowed to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, ahjumma. My name is Jungkook. This is Namjoon hyung and Taehyung hyung." Jungkook pointed at us.

"Ah, so you're Jungkook. I didn't expect you to bring your friends, Y/N told me that only Jungkook will come. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter