Chapter 13

Can't Hide it Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG'S POV

 

--------- Flashback ---------

(November 2017)

 

Tomorrow is the day Y/n's mom invited us to have a dinner at their house. I was really excited to meet her again. It turned out that only Jimin and I were able to come to her house. Jin hyung already has an appointment with his dentist. Yoongi hyung didn't want to go because he feels awkward and he forced Hoseok hyung to stay at dorm with him. Namjoon hyung and Jungkook need to finalize their song because our PD-nim wants it to be done by Sunday.

"Yoongi hyung, her mom really wants to meet you", Namjoon hyung convinced him to go. Yoongi hyung’s introverted nature just loves to come out, even when they’re on camera. All he wants to do is to be by himself so he can recharge and gain energy once again.

"No", he replied short as he played with his phone.

"Hyung, can we join? Right after dinner we go straight to our studio", Jungkook said to Namjoon hyung.

"Yah we have to finish our song fast unless you want PD-nim to cancel it", Namjoon hyung sternly said.

"I really want to go too but Yoongi hyung...", Hoseok hyung whined but stopped when Yoongi hyung gave him a death glare. It’s a good thing that he is Yoongi hyung's best friend. Their friendship works because he understands Yoongi hyung perfectly and simply lets him be.

"If only you told me a week before, i would cancel my appointment with my doctor. This was my only chance to show her family the legendary worldwide handsome", Jin hyung praised himself.

"Ah hyung, stop it. You're not that handsome", Jimin looked at Jin hyung disgustedly then they started to bickering.

"Jungkook-ah, tell her that only Jimin and Taehyung will join so her mom doesn't need to prepare a lot", Namjoon hyung said.

"Ugh okay hyung"

"Let me tell her", i said as i stopped Jungkook to take his phone.

"Do you even have her number?", Jungkook scoffed.

"Ne", i looked back at him then i went to my room. I already have her number, i secretly saved it from Jungkook's phone but i never dare to text or call her out of the blue. Actually, after the incident at the coffee shop she asked my number because she wants to pay me back. I couldn't forget her face when she found out that her card was decline. She pulled out all of her cards but none of it works. It was a good thing i was there and helped her. 

 

Well, i went there intentionally because i wanted to know her more so i snuck out from my break time and found her at the coffee shop. We talked for couple minutes. It was super awkward at first because it's difficult to start a conversation especially if it involves someone that you like. Humor always goes a long way. Women like it when the man has a sense of humor because it lifts up their mood and keeps them cheerful. We discovered mutual likes and dislikes as we argued the best and worst of pizza toppings, movies, and fashion brands. 

Since then, she texted me first and said that she had a great time with me and also she always asked my account number but I always refused. Then we started to text almost everyday, usually we swapped funny stories or told each other about somethings that had happened on our lives. Well, she can make friend much more easily than others i must say.

 

I dialed her number, this is the first time i brave myself to call her. After a few ringing, she picked up my call.

"Oooh so now you're finally going to give me your account number, Taehyung-ssi?", she said immediately right after she picked it up.

"Annyeonghaseyo to you too", i chuckled at her greeting. She doesn't give up easily.

"I'm so tired asking you the same thing over and over again, can you please just give me that?", she pleaded.

"Stop asking then", actually i wanted her to ask it everyday, so i could talk with her.

"How can i pay you back then?!", she asked.

"I already told you, you don't have to pay me back. Aigoo Noona you are so persistent".

"Why did you call me then?!"

"I want to inform you that everyone can't go to your house tomorrow except me and Jimin"

"Jungkook?"

"He can't". ​Aish why she asked him?

"Oh okay i'll pick you up tomorrow at 7 p.m.!". I thought she's going to cancel it because Jungkook won't be there, but i was wrong.

"Hello? You there, Taehyung-ah? Yeoboseyo? Yah!"

I was spacing out for a while.

"Oh! Sorry sorry Noona! Okay see you tomorr--"

"Wait wait! What do you want to eat?"

"Any kind of meat", i said.

"I'll feed you your own meat, jinjja! Be more specific!"

"Hahaha why you get angry easily today, Noona?", I laughed because she was so cute.

"Hurry! I'm on my way to grocery store right now!"

"Surprise me", i know i'm so annoying right now, i'm sorry.

"Yah Kim Taehyung! I'll hang up now!", she ended our call.

I'm so doomed. She even said my full name, it means i'm done. I didn't want to disturb her anymore. I don't understand why she got mad at me, i thought she was cool. I was only kidding, maybe it was too much? I texted her an apologize but she hasn't reply me.

 

Because of this incident, i tried to search how to understand women. It's been a while since i dated and i was surrounded by men most of the time. It can be difficult to understand the opposite gender sometimes. Learning how to understand women is a journey all men must take and it helps me to be a better man. After all, it’s so easy to get caught up in our own worlds that we forget to consider the lives of the people around us. It’s going to be tough to get a girlfriend if i don’t understand women, right?

 

That night, she called me after ignoring my text all day.

"Taehyung-ah, I'm sorry", she said.

"Noona, I'm sorry"

She told me that she's having stressful time because of her works. I know she will need to feel emotional support through the things i say. I'm still learning but she really appreciate me for trying to cheer her up. She slowly teach me how to be mature to help me grow up in life and i'm thankful for that.

 

~*~

 

Y/n: Taehyung-ah, I'm outside.

Taehyung: Okay Noona, wait.

 

"Jimin-ah, let's go", as i wore my jacket.

"Hyung, we're going", Jimin said to Hoseok hyung and Yoongi hyung.

"Take me with you~", Hoseok hyung whined. Yoongi hyung didn't say anything but his legs already locked Hoseok hyung body. "Andwaeㅠㅠ".

We laughed at them then excused ourselves. Noona waited in her car, i went to the front seat while Jimin sat behind her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Y/n Noonim", Jimin said. She looked at him weirdly through the rear mirror.

"Noona", now she glared at him.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Y/n Noona", Jimin repeated his greeting with a little bow.

"Good", she laughed as she started to drive. "Yah, where's your greeting?", she looked at me while playfully hitting my arm.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Y/n Noona", i also bowed to her.

"Hahaha why are you guys so cute?", she laughed again. 

We talked about lot of things along the ride. Her smile is really big. I think she looks extra pretty when she smiles and laughs, i really loves to see her happy. She said that she often find herself laughing at the strangest of moments.

"Noona, me too!", Jimin said, "sometimes i laughed so hard and i can't control my body".

"Hahahaha", Y/n Noona and i burst out laughing together.

"I also can't see anything when i laugh"

"HAHAHAHA", we laughed harder.

We joke around a lot. She was the sweetest and most funny human being i have ever met. She was a real easy going person. She made everybody laugh because she was always joking around. I always wished we could be friend or maybe more than that. She would come off-the-wall with some dumb thing, really quick witted.

 

~*~

 

"Hi welcome!", her mom greeted us. "Where's Suga?", she asked while hugging us.

"Eomma! Stop fangirling over Suga!"

"He couldn't come, he needs to do something", i said. Yeah right, stay at dorm.

"Annyeonghaseyo ahjumma, my name is Jimin", he bowed to her mom.

"Aigoo you are so cute", her mom patted Jimin's back. "Come on, let's eat".

 

Her mother was very nice. She led us into the dining room to a large walnut dining table. Noona sat beside me, Jimin sat at the other side. Her mother served us a lot of dishes, i'm not sure we can finish them all. Her mom cooked korean dishes and mostly it has meat on each dish. She even cooked my favorite food in the world, Japchae. It was so wonderful and before i realized, my plate was empty.

"Taehyung-ah, don't you like the dinner?", Y/n Noona asked me.

"It's super good, Noona. I like it very much! Thank you so much for the food, ahjumma!"

"You're welcome! Please eat some more", her mom ready to scoop me some food.

"No, thank you. I'm sorry ahjumma, I can't hold any more", i politely rejected her offer. We didn't manage to finish it all, so there was some food leftover.

"Are you guys on diet?", Y/n Noona asked. She's still eating and keep eating. I was amazed at how much she ate but can maintain her perfect body.

"No", i said.

"I don't wanna do diet anymore, Noona, Ahjumma. There's one time i was eating only one meal for 10 days in 2016 and it had me dying", Jimin told his story. Both Noona and her mom gasped when they heard it.

"What the hell, Jimin?!", Y/n Noona shocked.

"Wow, it must be hard to be an idol", her mother was speechless. 

Her mother told us that Y/n Noona parents were initially against her dreams of becoming an idol. Her parents wanted her to focus on her studies because we all know that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter