Chapter 19

Can't Hide it Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG'S POV


"Y/n-ah, please open the door. I'm sorry", i pleaded as i knocked the door many times. 

It hurt me to see her crying because of me. The sound of her cries alone created feelings of angst and anxiety in me. I shouldn't have said those words to her, i figured i was wrong. The situation was getting worse and worse, without me realizing. I knew she needed some comfort, a calming voice, and a nurturing tone to help comfort her in her distress. It was so hard to give her the comfort she needed because i was having such a strong reaction inside of me. 

She and Jungkook triggered my insecurities to the point where i have to pushed my limit to maintain my relationship. It seemed like my insecurities got stronger whenever i have the painful thoughts of her being close with Jungkook, n-no i mean with anyone else. I was thinking that maybe it’s because this was my first actual relationship that i really love and i didn’t want to lose it so i was scared that someone is going to take her away from me.

"Both of you stop! Give her some space for God sake!", my father shouted.

"But appa, i---"

"NO! Go downstairs! Both of you!", he pointed to my mom and me. I really wanted to manage my own emotions to lean in and appropriately comfort her, but my father told me to give her some time alone. We went downstairs and i sat on the couch trying to collect my thoughts and calm myself as i wiped away my tears.

"Let's go", my mom shoved my coat and mask at me. I looked at her confusedly.

"Where are we going? I don't wanna go to anywhere", i said in an annoyed tone. She didn't answer me and waited for me outside the house.

"Just go", my father said without looking at me while reading his magazine. I heaved a huge sigh as i wore my coat and mask. I actually was not in the mood to go somewhere or talk to anyone. Today had been crazy and i needed time to sort it out.

I went out and joined my mom outside. We walked out together but she didn't really say anything to me.

"Where are we going, eomma?", i asked her again.

She told me to shut up and keep walking. And so we walked on through the streets, neither one of us saying anything. A calm breeze blew through the neighborhood and calmed me a little bit. I was enjoying the beautiful scenery and it kinda helped me to forget about my problems.
.
.
.
Wait, i knew this road. 
I knew where we were going. 
I knew that we were going to my grandma's graveyard.

"Eomma....", i looked at her.

"Come on, Taehyung-ah", she said as she wrapped her hands around my arm.

Soon we arrived then we purchased flowers so we could lay them on my grandma's grave. Then we made our way to the place to pay our respect to my grandma. My mom held me tightly as i stood there starring at the site with tears running down my cheeks.

I missed you, halmeoni.

I know my parents really love me so much, but my family was very poor back then and my parents were very busy working to provide our family with all the necessities required for living. So my grandma took up the responsibility of raising me, for almost half of my life.

Throughout my life, she has always been there for me, inspiring me and caring about me and encouraging me, and i couldn't be more grateful to have someone like her in my life. Not only has she always been there for me, standing by my side no matter what crazy phase i was in, she's also been teaching me some great life lessons. She's taught me so much and i will be forever grateful for that.

After a few minutes, i laid my flowers on her grave and we departed. She told me that she wanted to go to the park. I followed her then we walked to the nearest park. As we arrived, we both sat on the grass under a tree. I needed to let go of my anxiety and slowly closed my eyes, listening to the sounds of the wind howling. 

My mom rubbed my back so softly and said,
"Your grandma was not raising you as a baby, she was raising man. Man who some day will hopefully become a husband and a father. Some of the most important roles in existence. I know it’s supposed to be my job as your mother to raise you with the skills necessary to go out into the world and fulfill those roles well, but your grandma helped me a lot", she pulled me down and placed my head on her lap while my hair. I was close to falling asleep, my mom really helped me to calm down.

"Do you remember what you promised to your grandma before she passed away?", my mom asked as she stopped my hair. I looked up at her, she was on the verge of crying. Her eyes were brimmed with tears.

"....you promised her that you would always treat everyone you love with respect. You promised her that you would support everyone you love in whatever way they need, to the very best of your ability. You promised her to be the best man you can be for everyone. You promised her that you would try your best to never bring up someone else's past or faults against them to prove your point or to make you feel better. You promised her that you would never hurt someone else's feeling and never let anyone else hurt them..."

She added as she smiled bitterly at me, "...you promised all these things, yet you've done the opposite to Y/n".

I was digesting what my mom was telling me. I looked at her right in the eyes and wiped her tears. I started crying and said, as my voice cracked, "Eomma....i'm sorry"

She suddenly pulled out a ring box from her pocket and gave it to me and said, "This is your grandma's wedding ring. She wanted me to give it to you when you've found your other half".
I took it as i got up and opened the box. I didn't expect my grandma's ring to be so beautiful.

"You have to forgive her, Taehyung-ah....get her back and.... never let her go", she said in between her sobbing. I have never seen my mom cry like this. Her crying tugged at my heart and i found myself trying to hold back my own tears, but they fell as well. I wasn't sure if my tears were for her, for me, or for Y/n. I just knew that my mom was hurting to see me like this and i was hurting too. I reached her and hugged her tightly. For the rest of the session, we sat there hugging each other, crying. She rocked me in her arms and said, "I love you so much, my son. And i love Y/n too", she chuckled.

I looked up at her, seeing my reflection in her wet eyes. She tried so hard to smile to lighten up the atmosphere. I hugged her tightly and whispered, "I love you too, eomma. I'll try to talk with her".


~*~


We walked back to our home. I held my mother's hand along the way. We always exchanged smiles to each other. That was the deepest mother-son bonding of my life, and i appreciated it so much.

"We're back", my mom shouted after she opened the front door.

"Oh welcome. Feel better?", my father welcomed us with his warm smile, still holding his magazine. He knew we already settled down. I nodded and replied him with a smile. I excused myself then went upstairs to my room. I took a deep breath before i knocked the door. I knew what i wanted to say to her, i was ready to face her and comfort her, but first of all, i had to apologize to her.

"Y/n-ah, can i come in?", i said as i knocked the door.

I waited and waited but she didn't say anything. I also didn't hear any movement or sounds at all in my room. I knocked it for the last time and turned the knob. I looked inside and couldn't find her in my room. I closed the door and went to my sister's room. I barged in without knocking first.

"Yah! What the hell?!", Eunjin yelled. I looked around and didn't find her there as well.

"Where's Y/n?", i asked her.

"I don't know! Go away! I hate you!", she threw a pillow to me.

"Yah Kim Eunjin!"

"Why... why did you make Y/n eonnie cry?", she covered her face with her pillow to silence her sobs. She was crying and my heart broke for her.
Wow, i just made three women of my life cry in a day, what an .

"Eun--Eunjin-ah...", i was flustered with her tears.

"Go! I don't wanna see your face!", she said as she grabbed her pillow and was about to throw it to me again.

"I'm sorry...", i whispered while leaving her alone in her room. 

I went downstairs to find Y/n and i heard mom and father talking about me and Y/n, so i stood and listen for a while.

"I told him to forgive her. He will talk to her", my mom said.
"He needs to apologize to her too", my father said.
"I know, yeobo"
"But not today"
"Why? The soon the better, right?"
"She already went back to her home, she booked a flight back to Seoul", my father stated.

"What?! But her belonging's still here", i butted into their conversation. I looked at them and widen my eyes to their surprise as they stop talking.

"Bring those back to her, Taehyung-ah", my father said.

Wow.
She ran away instead of dealing with our problems. Running away from any problem only increases the distance from the solution. The easiest way to escape the problem is to solve it, right Y/n-ah? You're the one who said that.
I picked up the car keys from the table and was about to leave, but my father said something as he glared at me, "Don't chase her".

I stared at my father and didn't say anything. I knew he wouldn't let me to chase her. The silence got broken when someone rang the doorbell as my mom got up and went for the door. It was the delivery person at the door, who looked to be around the age of late fifty's.

"Oh ahjussi! Why'd you come back? Did she forget something?", my father asked after he saw the man at the door.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter