Chapter 18

Can't Hide it Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK'S POV

​​​​

I stayed up way too late last night, thinking about what will happens to Y/n Noona after Taehyung hyung picked up my call. I was exhausted, physically and mentally. When will i be able to relax without thinking about all of these? I was worried about her again and again. Then a few minutes after i called her, hyung texted me. He begged me to stay away from her. 

I'm sorry hyung, but i can't. 

I called her again this morning, maybe too early for her but i just couldn't stay still. I need to know what happened. Was she alright? I promised myself to go to sleep after i hear that she's fine from her own mouth. She finally picked up after a few ringings.

"Yeoboseyo?", she answered my call in her raspy voice, then she yawned.

Huh?
"Noona, you're up....?"

"Barely. Why are you calling me so early, Jungkook-ah?"
I didn't expected her to be calm like this. And how can she managed to have some sleep in the middle of this crappy situation?

"Are...are you alright?", i asked.

"I'm fine"

She was telling me everything that had been going on with her last night. She said Taehyung hyung was so mad at her, like that was the first time she saw a dark side of hyung. She knew Taehyung hyung deserved to be mad at her. When i heard her voice, i know Noona tried so hard to hide her broken heart. I know she was trying so hard not to cry.

"I'm...i'm really sorry Noona. I shouldn't have called you last night"

"It's okay, Jungkook-ah", she chuckled.

"Di--did hyung do anything bad to you?"

"No no! He would not dare lay a finger on me. But his voice...his words...his eyes...kinda scary"

I know Taehyung hyung is the type of guy that will threat you with words if he gets mad and doesn't go any further than that, but i hate the fact that he did it to Y/n Noona. She might looks so strong on the outside. But trust me, she's tired, sad, and broken inside. 
I knew she hates it when someone raises their voice at her. I knew she hates how she overthinks every little thing. I knew she likes to pretend that she couldn’t care less about what other people think and she acts like nothing bothers her. Of course, no one has any idea how soft her heart was. They think she could handle anything that is said to her. They think she was much stronger than she feel, because she easily cover up her true emotions.

She pretends to be stronger than she feels, because she didn’t want to increase her chances of getting hurt. She didn’t want anyone to see how vulnerable she was and take advantage of the fact. She didn’t want anyone to realize that they have the power to hurt her. I didn't know for how long she could act up like this. She always did it unconsciously. I always told her that it's fine to be more open up about her true feelings to the people she trust, but it seems so hard for her to do that.

"Noona, i want you to know that i don't care about what hyung said to me last night", i assured her.

"What did he say to you exactly? I'm really sorry, Jungkook-ah"

"Wha-- What do you apologize for? You didn't do anything wrong".
One thing i wish Noona could change her bad habit was her self-blame. I couldn't stand people who blame themselves for other people's ups.

"What did Taehyung say?", she asked me again.

"Look, it's nothing important. Don't worry"

"Oh...o-okay"

"Take your time, Noona. Fighting can't help solve the problem but talking can. Please talk to Taehyung hyung. Do your part to make things better. I know you can do it", i suggested.

"Okay, i will try. Thank you, Jungkook-ah"

We talked for another couple minutes. At the end of our call, she told me she was fine now and promised me that everything's going to be okay between her and Taehyung hyung.
And that was my cue to sleep. I hope everything goes well. I laid on my bed in my bedroom and i just stared at the ceiling and listened to bird chirping outside. It didn't help that i was really frustrated from the lack of sleep. Plus i thought about a lot of things. I rolled over in the bed and sighed.

What?
What did i do?
Why would i stop them from fighting?
Did i just tell her to talk with hyung and wait until they make it up? Am i crazy?
Isn't it my chance to get her?
.
.
.
.

Ugh whatever. Why would i care? I kept reminding myself, it's gonna be Noona alone who has the right to choose who she wants to love. It's up to her to signal her choice and it's up to me to place myself in the position of potentially being rejected. I will do nothing to try to change Noona's final decision.


~*~


Ring. Ring. Ring.
A shrill ringing woke me up. I sat bolt upright, looking around the room in a blurry daze. I reached for my phone then looked at the caller's name. It always made me smile after reading her name on my phone. I rubbed my eyes as i picked up the call.

"Noona", as i smiled like an idiot.

"Jungkook-ah....", she said in a broken voice. I widened my eyes after hearing her voice.

"Yah, what's wrong? Are you crying?", i asked her.

"No... I'm just feeling nauseated a little bit, that's all. Anyway can you pick me up at the airport around 1 p.m.?".
Noona, you can't fool me. I knew you're crying.

"S-sure Noona..."

I have no idea about what happened to her, but i willingly agreed to pick her up. She told me that she's fine hours ago but now it's hard for me to believe that.
Did something bad happen? Something has gone wrong, something much more than what i know.

Y/n Noona said she would be arriving at 1 p.m. Four more hours and i would meet up with her. At that moment, my nerves started to fill my body. I couldn't deny it, i missed her so much. I wanted to hug her, kiss her, be with her. I was looking forward to having a good time with her. I still had plenty of time, so i slowly dropped my body on to the bed and had a little sleep.

I slept for 3 hours straight. When i woke up i checked my phone. Noona texted me 30 minutes ago that she was about to boarding. I got up from the bed, strecthed my body, and went to the bathroom to get ready. I wore mask and cap to cover up my face then proceed to drive to the airport.

When i arrived, i texted her that i'll be waiting at arrival gate. I walked in to the waiting room, sat on the bench, and played with my phone. I looked at my surrounding to make sure nobody notice me yet. Sometimes i regretted living my life being an idol, i always wanted to walk around freely without wearing this heavy cover on my body and do what i want to do on my free time. I'm well aware once you're public figure, your privacy doesn't matter anymore.
.
.
.
.
"Yah yah! Daebak! I heard Y/n is here!", some random girl screamed her lung out.
"Woah jinjja?! Where?!"
"She just arrived from Daegu"
"What?!"
"Oh my God, i want to meet her so bad!"
"Look! She's here!"
"Y/n-ah!!!! I'm your fan!'
"Move! Let her go!"
"Guys stop!"
"Wait she's alone? Where's her manager?"
"Yah stop pushing!"
"Y/n-ah annyeong!"
"Give her some space!"
"Noona!!! I'm your fan!"
"Eonnie, what did you do in Daegu?!"
"Y/n-ah!!"

I was so caught up with my games, that i didn't realize what the hell was happening. There were huge crowds all of a sudden and the security failed to control the crowd. Some fans are so desperate to see Y/n Noona. Fans were screaming and yelling trying to get Noona's attention while security was trying to fight off fans who kept trying to get dangerously close to her.

"Can you guys please just let me go?", as Noona's voice cracks and she tried to shield her face from the insane closeness of the flashing cameras. It became so chaotic that one of her fan trying to pull her harashly. I could tell from her face that she was hurt as she whinced. I was so angry to see that and my body just moved on its own. I managed to get through the crowd and held her hand by force. She was surprised at first but after a few seconds she finally noticed that it was me.

"Oh my God. Thank you so much, Jun--", she thanked me but stopped in the middle as she realized we're in public. She wrapped her hands to my body tightly and she hid her face behind my arm. We walked fast, ignoring her fans. 

"Whaaa who's that?!"
"Is he her boyfriend?! Omo!"
"Yah nugu?!"
"Is he an actor? He looks fine"
"Calm down everyone!"
"I think he's one of her staff!"
"Y/n-ssi wait!!! Who is that?!"
"He's her bodyguard everyone!"
"Oh my God it's her boyfriend! So sweet!"
"Please make way for her!"
"Yah, who is he?!"
"Woah he looks like an idol!"

Some of her fans were trying to take our photos but i didn't care anymore, i just wanted Noona to be safe. The two of us made it through the dense crowd of fans, i never let go of Noona’s hand, holding her in my grip until we made our way outside and entered our car. Lot of airport securities stepping in and helping us leave the airport.

"Are you okay, Noona?", i asked worriedly. She nodded.

"Can you take me to my apartment?", she asked right after she sat on the passenger seat. I went close to see her face, i saw that she was trying to hide her red and swollen eyes from me. I slowly touched her face and made her to look at me.

"What happened, Noona?", it just came out of me immediately. She avoided making eye contact with me and pushed my hand off her.

"I'll tell you later, Jungkook"

It was unusually quite as i drove her back to her apartment. She looked out the window as if she was deep in thought, not bothering to speak. I told her to lay her head and get some sleep, but she refused. A couple of times she'd looked at her phone, like she's waiting for someone to call or text her. She looked like she's not in her right mind and she bit her nails constantly.

 


I kept driving for about 15 minutes until she told me to stop the car.
"Jungkook stop, can you pull over?", she asked while grabbing my arm.

I looked quickly over at her and then back at the road. She looked so pale. I knew it from her face that she was feeling nauseated. I thought she was lying about that. A trickle of sweat bubbled on her forehead. She said she felt dizzy, like she was going to throw up. I jolted to a stop. She threw the seat belt clear, found the door handle, pushed, stumbled out, then she went far from the car, she threw up. I went out of my car to her and helped holding her hair up, and patted her back. Moments later, she threw up again. I pulled out my handkerchief and gave it to her. She thanked me then wiped with it. I helped her back in the car and told her to lay back. She made me worried big time. I know it's not from the car-sick, is she really sick? Should i bring her to the hospital?

"Noona...."

"I'm fine, Jungkook-ah... It's just because i'm way too stressed out", she said while rubbing her eyes.

"Just sleep, i'll wake you up when we arrive"

"O-okay, Jungkook-ah. Thanks", as she laid back to sleep.
I continued driving as i looked at her a couple of times to check how she's doing. I was surprised at how peacefully she sleeps now that she didn't turn or move her body along the ride. Thank God, i hope she's going to be okay.


~*~


"....and he said that in front of his paren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter