Chapter 16

Can't Hide it Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG'S POV

 


-------- Flashback --------


Jimin suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me up harshly. He excused ourselves to Y/n Noona.
"What's wrong? Why are you guys leaving me here alone?", she whined as she looked up on me and Jimin. Jungkook hasn't come back yet from his call, actually i didn't know who's the caller.
"Just a minute, Noona", Jimin said. Her lips pouted slightly and nodded. She continued watching the tv while Jimin dragging me to my bedroom and closed the door. I knew the look on his face, he's mad now.

"Taehyung-ah, what the hell?!", he said angrily as he pushed me, "...we promised Jungkook not to tell anyone about this".
"What's the point of keeping this from her? I think she has to know this as soon as possible before she falls too deep for Jungkook. Don't you see it? I think Noona likes him too", i said. I went to my bed and sat down.
"So what? Jungkook is a grown up man. He can fall in love with anyone, so does Y/n Noona. They will take full responsibility for their actions", Jimin grabbed my shoulder as he looked down.

"I thought you're on my side? You said 'good luck' to me. What the hell?!", I pushed his hands away from me.
"I want you to fight fair, not by telling Noona his biggest secret. That was so immature! What if Y/n Noona hates Jungkook now? Jungkook is our maknae, we can't make him miserable!", Jimin yelled at me.
"I will not let Jungkook knows about this, okay? No one's gonna hurt. Trust me", i got up as i walked to the door.
"If you can't keep your word, why would anyone trust you?", Jimin pushed me aside as he walked out the room, leaving me alone.

Well yeah Jimin and i fought a lot. With about 4 years spent together in BTS, there have been a handful of arguments between us. We are best friends and best friends fight even for a stupid reason. Since both of us were the same age and also went to the same high school in the past, it’s no wonder we became close. We were always there for each other. Whenever one of us was feeling down or upset, we took care of each other. We have been through a lot of hard times together since then and now. 
When my life has a habit of turning upside down, it’s my bestfriends that are there to support me and drag me back out again. I’m not angry. I understand. I want to thank him for coming into my life and teaching me how to deal with it.

I joined Noona in the living room, i saw Jimin and Jungkook weren't there. Jimin's too pissed right now, maybe he went back to his room.
"Where's Jimin?", she asked.
"He said he's sleepy", i sat down beside her and grabbed a bowl of popcorn.
"What? He's taking a nap?", she laughed.
"I told you, he's 5 years old". She laughed harder as she nodded her head.
"You're right".

I'll talk to Jimin later, i hope he gives me a chance to explain how i feel. I’m not perfect. I can be a bit stubborn, a bit ignorant and i’ve made my fair amount of mistakes. I’ve hurt people i never meant to hurt through my own selfishness. But sorry, i can’t keep giving people chances. I have to fight for a person i love.
"Noona"
"Hmm?", she answered without looking at me.
"Don't tell anyone about...that...Jungkook...", i stuttered. I studied her face, she looked unbothered at all. Maybe i was wrong? Maybe she didn't like Jungkook in that way. Or did she try to hide it from me?
"I won't. I promise", she looked at me.
"Do you like Jungkook, Noona?", I asked. She looked surprised after i said this.
"What do you mean?"
"Like....um you have romantic interest to Jungkook"
"I like him but i only consider him as my friend, nothing more", she said as she looked back at the tv. Those words were exactly what i needed to hear. Words of hope. Words that gave me the strength to get her.
"Where's Jimin hyung?", Jungkook came back and joined us, he sat on the floor right in front of Y/n Noona. He leaned back as his back touched Noona's leg.
"He's sleeping", Y/n Noona said.
"Noona, stay longer. Let's have dinner together here. We will order what you want to eat and it's on me", he looked up at her while grinning.
"I'm sorry but i have to go home after this show", she his hair softly. When she did that, i could see the sadness or dissapointment in her eyes. I didn't know what that's mean. Was she feel bad because she refuse his offer or was she sad because of something else?
"It's alright, i will take you home", he offered.
"No, Taehyung will drive me home. Right?", she elbowed me and raised one of her eyebrow.
"Ne", i nodded.
"Oh..o-okay", Jungkook looked back to the tv.

 

~*~

 

As the months progressed, we got even closer. The first time i started having romantic feelings for her, i tried so hard to become the man she wanted. Now i can be my goofy, weird and sarcastic self. Turns out, she prefers the real me. It took 6 months for me to recognize my true feelings for her. Noona and i started out as friends, “weird pals” bonding over a shared passion for many things. We had friend dates like photography, listening to classical music together, learning instruments like piano and violin, searching for non popular music, painting weird stuff (she even called me 'vante' which is Van Gogh + Taehyung), buying vintage clothes and painting on them, and traveling. We communicated daily and rarely went more than a few days without seeing each other. She had become my best friend.

"Noona, let's meet up", i called her in the middle of the day. I got a free time before promoting our upcoming album, Love Yourself 轉 'Tear'. The preparation was pretty stressful and i would like to spent my entire free time with Y/n Noona to relieve it.
"Okay! Where are we going, Taehyung-ah?", she asked.
"Let's just chilling at my dorm, i think my manager won't let me go out today"
"Oh are you alone?"
"No, Noona. Yoongi hyung, Hoseok hyung, and Jungkook are here"
"I'm not going then", she responded in a disappointed tone.

I know that Noona started to ignoring and avoiding Jungkook after i told her he has a girlfriend and they just drifted apart. She's still hanging out with other members.
I know i'm a jerk. It was not a healthy feeling to feel happier when your 'enemy' fall, but I definitely sense that my emotions tend to become lighter and happier as I see my 'enemy' crumble and fall to the ground.

"Let's go to Cheonggyecheon stream then, i'll bring my camera", i suggested.
"Woah! Let's go there!", she shrieked with excitement but not for long as she added, "Taehyung-ah, but you said your manager...".
"Shush don't tell anyone, i will sneak out of the dorm", i whispered.
"Okay okay good luck", she answered me while whispering too. 
We kept whispering to each other.
"Okay, Noona. I'll pick you up at 10 p.m., okay?"
"Okay", she said.
"Don't forget to bundle up. It's gonna be cold outside, Noona"
"Yah, why are we still whispering?"
"I don't know"
"We are so weird". We giggled together.
"Yah Noona, why did you ask me whether i'm alone in my dorm?"
"Why? I'm just asking"
"I thought you were a ert and would do bad things to me", i chuckled.
"Taehyung-ah, i am a ert", she said.
"Yah..."
"Are you scared, Taehyung-ah?"
"No. I'm more scared if i couldn't control myself"
"Yah!"
"Hahahaha i'm joking!"

I always looked forward to seeing her, and don't care much about what the two of us will be doing as long as we're together. Cheonggyecheon stream is a beautiful stream right in the middle of downtown Seoul. I've been there several times. Both day and night. During the day it's a great place to take a relaxing break while sightseeing in the downtown area. It's below street level which keeps down the street noise. I especially like it after dark. It's a great place to sit and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. It's lit with colored lights and images projected on the walls. There are many bars and restaurants in the nearby neighborhood so we can eat then take a relaxing walk along the stream or just sit and listen to the burbling water.

We walked along the stream. The two of us were walking side-by-side, and our hands occasionally and awkwardly (or maybe not so awkwardly) brush up against each other, but we're not necessarily holding hands. Sometimes i tried to hold her hand with our fingers just loosely interlaced because i didn't want to make her uncomfortable. The view was just so wonderful, with the lights illuminating the beauty of the stream. The place was crowded so we have to covered ourselves from head to toe. We didn't talk too much, not until she invited me to sit on the bench while looking at the stream. We took off our masks and hats because no one's around and it's pretty late now.
"It's so beautiful", she said and smiled faintly, admiring the view.
"It is"
"Thank you for bringing me here, Taehyung-ah", she moved her eyes to mine.
I felt like the time stopped and i was feeling a sudden connection something deep and i was just looking at her eyes and hers at mine. It was a moment. I felt so deep. It was a lovely feeling which i never had and i was already 24. I never had any romantic experience whatsoever like this before, i mean i did date before but none of it was serious. I wasn't sure if she had felt the same thing, but at this moment it just felt completely right. I felt the intense need to finally tell Y/n Noona how I had felt about her.
We both still looked at each other in the eye.
"Noona", i wrapped both of my hands around hers.
"Hmm?"
"I love you"
She didn't say anything but smiling, strangely she didn't look surprised at all.
"It is impossible to measure, describe, count, or portray my love. I just feel it, and i know that i love you. I'm more in love with you today than i was yesterday. Every day of my life is perfect because i get to spend it with you", i said as i caressed her face.

I told her about how special our bond was, and that it was something well beyond friendship. I wanted her to see this really special, beautiful relationship growing between us. I wanted her to give us a chance. But, most importantly, I wanted to tell her that, even though I’m saying I want more with her, I would do whatever it took to preserve our friendship and keep that as the most important consideration. Of course, I was hoping for a positive outcome, but I ultimately didn’t mind if she didn’t want to pursue a relationship. I just wanted to be honest about h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter