Chapter 20

Can't Hide it Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YN'S POV


Ring. Ring. Ring.
"Ugh, who is it?", i grunted. The phone rang so early, waking me up. With my queasy stomach warning me not to make any sudden movement, i reached over and blindly d my nightstand for my phone. I lay there very still, so i wouldn't wake Jungkook.

"Yeoboseyo?", i picked up my phone as i looked at my bestfriend lying beside me with his hand on my waist, he was sleeping soundly and i lightly his cheek.

"Y/n-ah s-sorry for waking you up, but i need to tell you something", the man on the other end of the line told me. It was my producer, i recognized his voice at once. But i didn't like the sound of his voice, something must be wrong.

"Waeyo oppa?"

"Uh how do i say this... Y/n-ah... Our CEO wants to cancel your comeback but---"

"What? Oppa, are you sure he said that?!", i cut him off. I felt Jungkook flinch then he rolled over unwrapping me from his grasp. I abruptly got up from the bed and oh my God that throw up feeling was real! I could say it was getting worse because of my anxiety. That feeling of anxiety kicked in and i slowly became sad after hearing what my producer said.

"Yes he just said that to me this morning"

"But he can't do that to me!", i said. I tried to calm down, but my eyes already filled with tears.

"But-- but don't worry! If we could finish it all at the end of this week maybe he'll consider not to cancel it. We just need to work harder, Y/n-ah."

As he kept talking to me i started to realize what just happen and began to panic and cry all over again.

"Y/n-ah don't cry, i feel bad now. I'll call you later, okay?", my producer ended our call.

I tried to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth but it didn't work. I felt a very strong urge to throw up. I rushed to the bathroom, the water, and grabbed the toilet. I purged everything in my stomach. I couldn't believe that few months of my hard work have suddenly become meaningless. Why didn't my CEO appreciate my hard work? 
This was a very difficult time for me and you know what all i could think about?
My parents? My fans? My career? No.

 

 

Kim Taehyung.

He promised me he would always be there for me. Where are you now when i need you the most, Taehyung-ah? I've been hoping to see him and talk to him again. I always talked about my worries to Taehyung, but he wasn't here beside me. I took my phone, searched his name, and ready to call him but my body and my stupid ego refused to do it. No! I had to find a way and not depending on him. I knew it would not be easy but there had to be a way. I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. I saw how terrible and pathetic i looked, a teary-eyed girl who just wanted to disappear. I washed my face and soaked my eyes. I dried my face with a towel and then left the bathroom.

I looked at the bed and there was my bestfriend. I almost forgot that i also have him in my life. I've been blessed to have him in my life. He has been an important part of my life. He also understands the person i am. He also listened to my woes everyday. It was him who soothed my tears when Taehyung wasn't beside me. It was him who comforted my anxiety for the past few weeks. But most importantly, it was him who always persuaded me to talk with his hyung and solve our problems as soon as possible so my mind could work properly.
Weird, right?
I thought he hates Taehyung.

"Oh you're awake?", i asked him. He nodded as he looked at me in the eyes.
Oh God, i'm sorry i almost forgot about him.
I didn't realize how blessed i was until Jungkook came into my life. Everything was blurry, i could no longer see through my tears. I sat on the bed, hugged him, sobbing so hard that i could choked on my own breath. I felt Jungkook's arms wrap around me. 

"Jungkook-ah, what did i do wrong? I don't even know what happened to me, i don't know why i was feeling so depressed lately. Everything just goes wrong for me"

"Noona, what happened?", he asked.

I told him about my CEO's desicion to cancel my comeback. I cried as i told him everything. He listened and consoled me. It felt so good when you pouring out your feelings and frustrations. He was always a good listener, not to give me a quick answer or advice but to let me know he was paying attention to what i say.

"Stop crying. I'll help you", he said as he patted my head. 

"Nooo you don't--"

"I will help you", he glared at me, with a look that was clearly intended to intimidate. I glared back at him.

"How?"

"Of course i'll help you to finish your songs, stupid. What? Writing lyrics? The melody? It's easy", he yawned, stretched, and placed his feet on the floor. I watched him walk into the bathroom closing the door behind him. I wanted to refuse his offer but i didn't really have any choice. Well, i guessed i need his helps. I needed to finish about two more songs until this weekend, hoping my CEO won't cancel my comeback.

"Let's go", he pulled me up and grabbed his iPad and notebook.

I snapped out of my thinking when i heard his voice. He walked out of the bathroom, looking like a hero to me. I was glad he was here to help me. I wouldn't have made it without him. I felt like i had someone right here for me. He watched me grow to become mature girl with the weight of the world on my shoulder, struggling through hardships and other issues. He's helped me in ways no one else has ever been able to help. Once i undestood why he was there, i committed myself to be there for him as well. I will be there behind the scenes for him as he had been there for me.

"Thank you, Jungkook-ah"

 

~*~

 

I went to YG entertainment and discussed my issue with my CEO, i was there with my two producers and my manager. He agreed not to cancel it if i could finish it all this weekend and i gladly accepeted his challenge. My producers also want to help me. Jungkook, on the other hand, already helped me to write some lyrics. We also asked Namjoon and Yoongi oppa sometimes. I didn't know whether i have to put their name as a co-writer or not. Should i? But it would be chaotic if i do that, i knew their fans hate me. We just needed to find the melody in my lyrics. Actually i had a few demo on my external hard drive, but i need to get it from our shared apartment. I asked my manager to get it from me but she didn't want to, then i asked her to drive me there instead and let me get it by myself.

"Are you sure he's not there?", my manager asked while parking her car in the basement.

"I don't know", i shrugged my shoulders.

"If he's there, then you have to run and come here immediately. I'll go upstairs and get it", she looked at me, concern in her eyes.

"Okay. Thanks eonnie!", i got out of the car and crept toward the elevator. Eonnie's words suddenly got me worried, what if he's really here? I wasn't ready to meet him yet but i wanted to meet him. So bad. But i didn't what to i'm going to say. The elevator came quickly when i pushed the button. I traveled straight up to my floor and i walked down the hallway to our apartment. I stopped at first and put my ear on the door to hear if he's here or not. I listened for few seconds to be sure then i entered the password. It's our anniversary date, i know it's lame. I peeked inside first then walked in.

Bark bark bark!

"Kamjagiya!", i was startled. The sound of a dog barking startled me. Yeontan looked up on me and greeted me with his cute face.

! Taehyung's here!

I stood still, trying not to make any noises, and slowly turned my back ready to leave this place but Yeontan already followed me. I could see his tail wagging faster and his face was just so cute. Ugh, i couldn't resist it and i missed him soooo much. I squealed as i patted his head, "Yeontanie~ why are you here?". He always seemed happy just to be with me. He was so happy, he gave my hand a hundred .
.
.
.
"Y/n-ah"

And just like that. It was like the world stopped spinning and stilled, everything was quiet. Another part of me was just happy to hear his voice again. I looked up and saw his face. He was still good looking but i saw the infinite sadness that had lived behind his eyes, which i had never recognised before. His face was thinner than before, he missed some spot on his face unshaven, and the dark circle under his eyes were more visible now. Our encounter was like destiny. I was so glad that i got to see his face right now in front of me. I stood up and said nothing. I couldn't think of anything to say. This was strange. I really wanted to scream 'I miss you', 'I love you', 'Can we be together again?', and.... 'I am sorry' to him.
But i couldn't do it because it's stupid. No, i was just scared to do that. I was a coward.
That was so awkward and i never felt like this before. We used to be all turned up everytime we meet.
Say something, Taehyung-ah.
The two of us stood there, saying nothing, until i broke the silence.

"Uum i need to grab my external hard drive", i went straight to our bedroom, ignoring him. I looked at the room, he got his belongings here. Did he stay here for a while? The room smelled of stale tobacco smoke. Yikes. Then i found a pack of cigarettes and a lighter on our bed. "What the hell?", i murmured to myself. I hated the cigarettes and i hated him smoking them. I grabbed those things and hid it in my pocket, going to throw it out later. Then i saw our picture frame on the nightstand beside our bed, that was in living room before. I picked up the picture frame and couldn't believe my eyes. My heart thudded as i found myself staring into our faces, we were so happy back then. I put it down and proceed to search my external hard drive. After i got it, i went out of our bedroom.

"I'm sorry to bother you", i said to him while walking toward the front door, ready to leave this place. At first, i avoided his persistent gaze, but his eyes began to entice me, luring me, and inviting me. I didn't know if Taehyung was able to see my obvious nervousness from the way i avoided his gaze at me. 
Calm down, Y/n-ah.
Just leave.
Don't look back at him.

"Y/n-ah", he called my name again.

. I have to go now.
"I'll leave now, bye---"

"Please, can we talk?", he asked as he simply looked at me and finally i looked in return.

Not now, Tae. I'm not ready.
"I can't, my friend is waiting downsta--"

"Is it Jungkook?"

The words coming out from his mouth just stabbed me in the heart. After i heard those words, i immediately let out a bitter smile. A hint of mockery flashed past my eyes as i said, "So what if it is Jungkook? Are you gonna be mad at me?".

He took a step forward and said, "No, it's just..... maybe it's time for me to let you go", he looked at me with a faint smile. I looked deep into his eyes and i knew then that he was telling the truth. I was about to burst into tears, the pain in his eyes was like being ripped at from every angle. To think i had caused it was even worse. I asked him what he meant by what he just said to me, and he said, "I will let you go, if you want".

"I don't like you two getting close and spending so much time together alone", he continued. His words towards me deeply hurt me. I was paralyzed with fear. I stopped feeling anything. I couldn't feel myself anymore. I saw him so differently in this moment. He didn't i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter