C.27

THE PRINCE OF ORION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The following scenes are connected to the Dark Lord's Cinderella story. If you wish to skip the back story, please turn to the next chapter.ย 

Also, the name Daeira is a non-daragon name of the main protagonist in the Dark Lord's Cinderella fanfiction. So to avoid confusion over the usage of names, I used Daeira in here.
Fun fact: the name Daeira is the underworld's nymph often representing the queen of the underworld in greek mythology. She was said to be serving Persephone but few writings said that Daeira was the same Aphrodite, Demeter, Hera and the Persephone herself.ย 
***

Daeira, silently sat in the corner of the train station while she put on her headset. She felt a little worn out after she had visited her dad's grave and offered flowers she bought from the little allowance she saved that her stepmother gave her.
She closed her eyes and leaned over her side, thankful that the young man beside her, didn't budge nor pushed her away.
"Just for a bit." she said to the man without bothering on looking up.
The man's eyes turned to her sleeping face before he looked to a certain direction where two of his companions eyed him with alertness.
Hakyi and Osiris, now dressed up like an ordinary human would, paid their king with alertness most especially that they didn't expected Daeira, the bride, to be seated beside the Aryan king in that train. They'd been following her since she left her house this morning only to find her on her father's grave and cried in there for quite sometime.
"It's alright." he just simply said, dismissing his momentary astonishment.
Daeira let a small smile, reaching one of her earphone and unceremoniously placed one on his ear. The Aryan king once again a little startled for her action.
"I like this song." she said in small voice as she returned her head in leaning over his shoulder. In a distance, everyone would suspect them to be lovers and none could be blamed for it since even the king's hunters were quite convinced of such notion. Most especially of what was transpiring before them now seemd to be a lover's scene in a train.ย 
The Aryan king kept his silence even if the woman beside him hummed in low tone along with the music until the song ended. Daeira then lifted her head from his shoulder and looked over the window when it began to rain heavily.
"Oh no...I didn't bring my umbrella." she murmured to herself.
The king only let his gaze rested outside the window while placing his hands on the pockets of his jacket.ย 
"It will stop soon." he said.
"Do you think so?" she asked finally turning to his direction. "How do you know?"
The king turned to her and had no idea why it lifted his mood for finally seeing her old cheerful self. He hated how she looked sad on the grave of her father while ago.
"Because I said so." He said and can't help himself but reached out to her and tucked the strand of her hair behind her ear.
Daeira grinned cheerfully at him before she turned to the heavy pouring of the rain outside and she can even hear the occasional tap of the waters in the glass window. But surprisingly, she believed in him.
"I'm Daeira..." she introduced.
"GD." he responded with a slight smirk on his lips.ย 
"Where are you headed at?" she asked.
"Nowhere."ย 
Daeira just nodded to him in contemplation inside her mind before she met his eyes. "I'm visiting a famous diner around the area. Wanna come with me?"
GD let an amused expression while he eyed her. "Does your dad ever warn you about talking or inviting strangers?"
"You're not stranger to me. I know your name." she said with her innocent and round eyes that he always find adorable. "I think we may have met before, haven't we?"
The king didn't confirm her suspicion and only shook his head.ย 
"Or I might be mistaken at all." Daeira said as she looked over her watch. "I'm near my station in five minutes."ย 
"I'm coming with you." he said.
Daeira looked up to him and once again let a very happy expression. "Oh you gonna love there. I tried eating in that place before with my dad and I missed the authenticity of old flavor in there. It's superb you wont regret it."
Hakyi and Osiris saw the king only nodded to the unsuspecting bride with fondness on his face. And these were the only moment where the Aryan king was actually capable of such expression around one particular woman.
Upon reaching the station, the rain actually stopped from pouring which made Daeira smiled widely again as she faced GD who walked beside her as they got out the train.
"You're right. It actually stops." Daeira exclaimed and breathed the fresh air. "This is the best day ever."
They both walked out to the main street where Daeira hailed a cab and told the driver on the diner's address.
At the back seat, Daeira was still talking in cheerful manner about her experiences in some places.
"I also happen to visit one diner located in Jeju island. And boy, the foods in there are to die for." Daeira said with added drama.
"Is eating foods your hobby?" he finally asked.
"I love foods. Who wouldn't?" Daeira said with disbelieving look as she looked at the driver. "Do you love food too, ahjushi?"ย 
The driver looked at the rear mirror and smiled to the cheerful girl. "Certainly, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter