C.16

THE PRINCE OF ORION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Another three days past and Jiyong was still no show.ย 

This made Dara obviously[ restless. But she had no way to find him. Hoping that he was alright, she gone about to her daily routine into her school then to the matters in the diner where Jinu was faced with a problem. She was too occupied of thinking about Jiyong that she failed to see Jinu as well as the rest of the staffs had an encounter with a bully in the community.

People from the so called black organization had harassed her manager into some kind of dealership on beverages supplies in which Jinu had refused to transact since the beverages that the people from the black organization turned out to be overpriced and had been illegally imported from black market of China.

Just like today, Dara had no inhibition if it was already late at night when the argument between Jinu and the bulky looking man in black leather jacket had been going on even after diner hours. Bobby, BI,Mino, Yoon and Hoon had stayed along in the diner, waiting for manager Jinu to calmly refused another deal coerced by those people in black society.

"We've been trying to be nice to you since day one lad. Tell the owner of this diner that we'll supply your drinks here or you gonna be sorry-" the man, who was named Qaro spoke, pausing while running down his gazes on the diner's staff. "-you and these crew of yours."ย 

"Sir, like I say, we already have contracted deals to certain companies to supply us-,"

" companies ey. Our products are better." Qaro insisted gesturing one of his men to come to him with a bottle of beer. He crashed his cigarette down the wet pavement before presenting the beer to Jinu. "This beer is worth to die for its delicious taste. Ah, you know I have a secret." Qaro placed his arm to Jinu's shoulder which made the manager looked so handful now.

Bobby and Mino stepped forward in annoyance for seeing Jinu so close to those thugs. Who knows what might happen to their manager if Jinu dare refused again?

Qaro saw them and nodded pleasantly to Bobby and Mino. BI, Yoon and Hoon weren't anymore friendly as they were literally frowning in displeasure. Secretly, they were readying themselves if s happen

"This beer had been a craze fave of those bosses in mafias in Japan and China. I am just bringing this taste in Korea for a change." Qaro continued to say to Jinu.

Jinu remained calm and looked at Qaro. "For the last time, I refuse the deal, sir."

Qaro momentarily looked at Jinu before he laughed out loud and turned to his men who also laughed along with him.

"Why, you're so persistent little buttercup, huh?" Qaro pointed at Jinu's chest rather firmly. "I said, we will supply you here!" Qaro threw Jinu down the ground. "

"Jinu-ah!" Dara let her bag dropped on the ground after she saw what those strange looking men did. She was just about to enter the main door of the diner when she noticed the arrays of black cars at the back of the diner. Upon checking what was in there, she was surprise to see the crew gathered together there and Jinu was thrown mercilessly by one man.

Running to Jinu's side, the rest of the crew crowded around Dara and Jinu. Yoon and Hoon faced those men who only wore smug faces.

"Aigoo. Mianhe. It was just a soft nudge and you flown away. I can't blame you since you're too small for a manager." Qaro said with no hint of apology to his face as he rubbed his hand together. "Now, let's get back to business, shall we? Tell the owner of this fine diner to make a deal to us or this place will see where can we possibly use these beers. We don't wanna lose revenue with broken bottles in your crack open heads."

None of the diner's crew made a comeback until such time that those thugs left them be.ย 

Jinu was already up with some minor wounds on his elbows.

"Are they the one bothering you, Jinu-ah?" Dara asked worriedly while Mino picked Dara's bag from the pavement and gave it to her.

"They've been harassing us since last week, Dara-shi." Bobby said.

"I didn't know this matter." Dara said. "Have you reported this to the police?" she asked.

"We did file a complaint but it seems that the police had been bribed since they haven't responded when we called a while ago." Hoon answered.

"What?" Dara asked in bewilderment for how such thing could be stopped when the police wont do their job. "Then why was there no one telling me these?"

"We don't want to worry you, Dara-shi since you also have something in mind." Jinu answered which made Dara closed her eyes in frustration, blaming herself too for letting such thing to happen without her knowledge. Her crew might have noticed her dispirited self for the last days since Jiyong disappeared. Angry and a little bit disappointed, she looked to Jinu this time.

"I don't like if this kind of thing is kept away from my knowledge. No matter how small it is, I wanna know every reports in the diner. Am I understood?" She said.

Jinu just nodded. "Yes, Dara-shi. I'm sorry for lacking as the manager."ย 

"No. No, Jinu-ah. I should be the one to apologize and you're doing such a great job and your crew. From today onward, I will come here after school works." Dara said promising to herself that she should be more focusing on her secular routines instead of minding somebody else' business who had no regard to people left behind. She gotta admit, she was worried sick and a lot been missing him. Even if she knew, she shouldn't be feeling so fond of that man, she can't help herself and her friends had noticed her change of behaviour since Jiyong's disappearance.ย 

The diner's crew just nodded to her and they all decided to get in the inside leaving Yoon and BI outside, talking in small voices as they eyed where those thugs' cars left.

"Yoon, can you get in here please?" Jinu called out as both Yoon and BI answered to the call of their manager.

Later at night, Dara found herself walking alone towards her residence and inside her house, her attention then went to the living space where the white eaglet flowers withered untouched by her. But it was replaced with another set of fresh ones as if they've just been picked recently as its scent filled her nose again.

Just like the first time, she climbed her room and decided to ignore both the flowers and her starving stomach. She had no appetite anyway and besides she should sort out what was she felt right now. Collapsing to her bed and seeing again the green illumination of those stars and moon attached to her ceiling, her hand reached towards it an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter