C.25

THE PRINCE OF ORION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Two o' clock at dawn, Dara found herself very much invigorated as she hopped around the dead branches of trees sprawled in the forest beds while Jiyong was carefully guiding her with his hand.

Jiyong didn't almost allow her to come again in the forest at such early hour if she didn't sleep early last night. So with a happy face written all over her face while she donned a jacket inside her room, he couldn't do anything about it but agreed otherwise.

When both to of them walked in the plainness of the road with dead leaves blanketing it, Dara turned to Jiyong this time who only directed his eyes front. His right arm wrapped on her waist as they walked slowly.

"You still didn't answer my questions, Jiyong-ah." Dara said.

"What is it?" he said not sparing her any glance as he was too busy trying to prevent her from walking over some occasional obstruction along the way.

"Are you really a prince of Orion?" she asked.

"We're still talking about that?" he asked.

"Yes, silly. I need to know why do you have to guise yourself as captain of the Armada when you're a royalty."

Jiyong heaved a deep sigh before he turned to her, "Captain or prince what's the difference? I still can't kiss you without having you killed."

"Aish. I'm not talking about kissing. I'm talking about your title."

"Is that important to you, smidgen?" he smirked. "What if I'm just a mere servant, would you spare a glance to a lowly title that I possess?"

"That's not what I meant." She said and let him slightly lifted her off the ground when there was protruding rock along the way. "I just wanted to know if you're someone important in there, your parents must have sent out search party for you."

Jiyong only let a smirk to his lips but didn't as much as responded to her words while he pulled her closer to him as they walked again towards the falls. Noticing his own avoidance to such topic, Dara just let it be in respect to his own privacy. Instead, she chose to enjoy her moments with him. For who know, when did his search party to come over and bring him home.

At the back of Dara's mind, she was still considering the fact that what they were having now, isn't gonna last long. For he wasn't someone earthly to stay. Time will come that this little euphoria she enjoyed shall be quenched and she wont be selfish to ask him to stay since a prince meant a future king to his own race as time will come.ย 

Secretly stealing a glance to his, Dara let a small smile to her lips as she bathed her eyes with his own celestial perfection. She was so lucky to meet him. Indeed she was.

Reaching over their destination, Dara and Jiyong chose to sit in the rock near the water while they dipped their feet in there, feeling the warmness of the lake over their skin. Dara bent down and swing her hands on the water while Jiyong did the same thing and enclosed her hands with his own.

They both looked up when there was a gentle slapping of the water just in front of them. Dara smiled widely as they saw Aella emerging out the water surface and swum towards them.

"Hi..." Dara greeted shyly as she saw how the mermaid's skin literally sparkled in the moon light along with her blue tails glittering in the refractions.ย 

"You both came." Aella said as she bowed her head briefly before the prince.

"I want answers." Jiyong said, still having Dara on his subtle protection. Noticing that, Aella only smiled.

"Nik shak o'el jari, thamin." (I'm not going to hurt your thamin.) Aella assured in Orioanian language which made Jiyong quite taken aback on how did she know about his language.

"Mak akligid to jarin? Akohi lar jita?" (Who the hell are you? How did you know to speak my language?) Jiyong asked in unintended hissed tone while he held Dara firmly this time.

Dara on the other hand, kept of pitching her gazes from the mermaid then to Jiyong who spoke in the language unknown to her. It didn't escaped her eyes the tension between them.

"Makeoli oromi hak." (You're being hunted, prince.)

"Mato?" (By who?)

The mermaid paused briefly as if she caught something in the air before she looked directly to Jiyong's eyes.

"Iri to maki ah shika." (By the Aryan king's hunters.)

"Aryan?"ย 

"King of the underworld and it has started." the mermaid said.

Aella then looked at Dara's direction who had trouble on her face as she can't understand them.

" And I saw death in this hunt." she said.

Jiyong stiffened at that. For the mermaid didn't have to elaborate much for her eyes said everything. He felt cold hearted as he casted Dara a glance this time.

"Kaji huro amik ro?" (What are you talking about?) He asked in another angry tone not noticing how her had held Dara firmly that she winced in response.

Aella looked to the prince and chose to converse with him mentally.ย 
"You've come to the wrong planet. For in this world, none who will come alive when the aryan king sets his mind to hunt someone. And you, your highness should be very careful since the Zodiacs are now involve in this hunt. And they set eyes to the woman yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter