C.2

THE PRINCE OF ORION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was eight when Dara and Ill Woo had came to have dinner after dropping all the groceries to the diner and Dara’s house.

The family had welcomed Dara so much except for Gray who was being nonchalant of her presence while they ate. 

Dara had also told Sunye about the pickle she wanted to buy from her that it made Sunye happy since the diner that many people had patronized will be opened again soon.

“Ill Woo will help me this weekend.” Dara said while sipping on her juice.

“That will be good, son.” Yoobin patted his son before turning to Gray this time. “Maybe you should help out too.”

Gray just wrinkled his nose and shook his head. “I don’t want to. Besides, hyung will be there to help her.” 

Dara only grinned at Gray’s frowning face. 

“Aigoo, this kid is too cute.” Dara said.

“I am 22 and you’re 23. Stop calling me a kid. I’m not your brother.” Gray countered.

“Aigoo.” Sunye shook her head.

The 24 year old Ill Woo just chuckled while shooking his head. Dara and Gray had always been a pair who always got into an argument.

“I’m not asking for your hand for free. I’m paying you.” Dara teased more.

“Yeah right.” Gray dismissed.

Later after dinner, Dara found herself walking back towards her house which was only a walking distance from Jung’s residence. She refused Ill Woo’s offer to usher her towards her house and now, she had her time walking alone in the street, thankful that the street lights were all lighted up for the ease of the people residing the place into walking towards their houses.

Humming while she traced her steps, Dara looked up the dark sky with many stars lighting it. She wondered if her grandparents were looking up to her now. She missed them both and yeah, she felt lonely for being alone in the house. She missed them.

Heaving a deep sigh, she looked forward again, passing over the community playground intended for the kids living in the neighborhood. 

Then her steps halted and all of the sudden, her attention snapped towards one of the slides. She squinted her eyes to better see what called out her attention. 

A cat.

Breathing heavily. 

Dara found herself walking towards it and saw for herself an orange cat bathed with blood on its face.

“Oh my gosh,” Dara muttered while bending over while getting out her phone to turn on the flashlight. She felt cold when the cat was indeed bathed with to much blood this time. Without hesitation, she pocket the phone back and carefully lifted the cat to her arms and cuddled it close to her chest. She then got out the pplayground while looking down to the cat which opened its eyes slightly and regarded her weakly.

“Gwenchanani, agi (You will be fine, baby).” Dara mumbled when caught it looking over to her. She thought her eyes were playing her when the cat’s eyes glittered white in second before closing them.

Literally running in haste, Dara had made it to her house in no time and carefully placed the cat down beside her bed where she threw a few of her towels in the floor. She then went to get her first aid kits to her bathroom before hurrying into the cat again.

Sprawled into the floor, she began cleaning her wet furr first but she stoppped midway when there was no wound that would justify the blood. So dismissing it, she continued cleaning the blood away, taking note on its every part for any wound but there was none at all.

It turns out that the cat wasn’t wounded so she ended up cleaning up the cat to dust. She smiled at how beautiful was its furr. A glowing tiny orange furr.

“What happened to you, huh?” Dara softly asked at the sleeping cat when she was done cleaning it. She discarded the blooded towels and the wet wipes she cleaned it for. Lifting it carefully to her arms again and set it to her bed, she smiled when it actully stretched comfortably to her soft sheets. She bet if her grandma was there, she will be spanked since she had been bid not to let strays to their house again. But she did. Today. She can’t let the cat that weak in that playground. She’ll let it go once it is better. Like she always did to her previous strays she hid from her grandma before.

“Sleep tight, agi-ah.” Dara petted its head gently before going over the bathroom to wash herself and cleaned the mess in the floor.

***
Morning came and the thing that Dara greeted was a pair of eyes, directed to her as if in anger and a light purring sound. She blinked sleepily before an orange cat staring at her now registered to her mind now. She smiled slowly to it before she lifted her hand to placed it to the cat’s head.

“Are you awake now, agi-ah?” Dara asked  while the cat only stared at her in the most hostile manner ever. As if she had stolen its tons of food. “What a glare in early morning, agi-ah? Seems like I slept with an angry dragon. Should I name you Ji Yong? Huh? It suits you.”

But the cat remained quite while she only giggled and proceeded on stretching wide this time before standing up and ran towards the bathroom. She immediately took her shower in there and later on got out with a towel on her head and a robe. She went to the drawer and got some for her undies. She changed into it while ridding of the robe first and sat to the bed to dry her hair. She was only on her underwear while she did that, unmindlful of the cat regarding her in boredom. After she was done, Dara turned to the cat and reached out for it.

The cat let an angry meow as if not wanting to be touched but Dara cooed it while she lifted it up to her arm this time.

“Don’t worry Yongie-ah. I wont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter