C.24

THE PRINCE OF ORION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Zodiacs? You mean like Scorpio? Gemini? Leo? That kind of Zodiacs?" Dara asked incredulously.

"Yes."

"Whoa... I never thought they could be so human-like." Dara said. "So why do you think is he following me for? What is he in the zodiac?"

Jiyong just only shook his head. "I never once did interact with any of them so I can't answer you about your questions."

Dara would like to ask for more but stopped otherwise since she saw how he looked troubled now. With a smile on her face, she stood up and cling her arm to his.

"Let's forget about it. Maybe he was just visiting." Dara said. "You promised you'll take me somewhere. Hmm?"

Jiyong just shook his confusion on such presence of the zodiac. Never did he once learn of the Zodiacs visiting any planets not under the rule of their gods. Looking over her smiling face, he can't help but also reciprocate it with his own.

"You've been running away from your responsibilities in the diner, Smidgen." He said while she pouted.

"But you said-,"

"I know. But let's leave after we're thoroughly done with the matter you need to address. I heard from Jinu that a contractor will come here and bring some sample materials for the rehab of this place." he said.

"Really? Jinu didn't tell me about this."

"Must have slip his mind. He's been very busy." Jiyong said.

"Yeah I know. Now, I'm guilty." Dara said.

Jiyong smirked at her, "Yeah?"

"I am you prick. Now, I'm gonna cancel my plans with you, sir. Excuse me then." Dara pouted while she turned to the door while Jiyong only grab her waist and placed her in front of him.

"You're canceling on me, huh?" he bowed to her while she furrowed at him.

"It's what you want, you grouch." she said.

"Maybe tomorrow?" he negotiated.

"Deal." she said.

In the afternoon, a contractor then arrived the diner and settled the materials to be used in the rehab in the inside and also the expansion on the adjoined building.

Jiyong only watched in the distance while Dara dealt with decision making process along with the diner's manager. The discussion pushed through until six in the evening where Yoon and Hoon had already cooked dinner for them.

The crew along with Dara and Jiyong had the dinner in the diner, having some little chats in the meal.

Jiyong had been observing the interaction and unexpectedly be entertained with the topics. He then looked at Dara who was being active and pitching her own piece of mind. Had he failed to meet her, all these humans in the dinner table would have died due to his own anger towards their species.Β 

After he was captured, he had been cursing humanity with all his might, having not such a little whim for its destruction but also extinction beyond repair. He can do that. He was supposed to do that before she happened to him. He could have wasted these lives out of his own selfish desire of revenge.

Humans were indeed very complex beings and yet warm. Kind. Funny. Generous. Understanding. Lovable.

His lips twitched into a secret smirked as he drank from his beer.

Dara was the window for him to see those.

And on her, he learned that an Orion like him is capable of love.Β 

No one on his home taught him that.

For all Orions were conceived in tubes. He was born in an artificial tubes like the other. He grew inside it. Learning no warmness from a direct skin contact to his so called parents. There was none in Orion. Nothing but coldness.

He learned the right word for that. A robot. Unfeeling. Capable of no emotion. Breed only to supply Orion for future generations of leaders and citizens. He was raised like that as well as the rest of the kids in that tubes.

As he spent more time on earth, he had learned that no amount of advanced technologies could ever reciprocate the warmness of home where someone would warmly smile and hug you at the end of the day.

Another round of laughters resounded the table which made Jiyong looked at Dara again.

"And then, my grandma would end up running around with a broom on her hand while I climbed the trees with her homemade Kimchis." She laughed. "the next day, the diner was out of kimchi since I accidentally had them thrown in the ground."

"Ah, not the kimchi." Jisoo fuzzed over.

"I like Kimchi so much." Rose turned to Jisoo.

"Yeah well, I was definitely grounded in my room after that." Dara shrugged her shoulders.

And yeah, humans had also a very interesting traits in them molded by their own life'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter