C. 29

THE PRINCE OF ORION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Dara was walking alone in a grassy field. The place was breathtaking but it seemed so silent for her own liking. However, she still walked into the straight and narrow path where the light illuminated so gently in there as if beckoning her to have some rest.
However, on her next step she felt constricted by something as she looked behind her. There was a tree. And a woman standing in there. She knew that person that she literally diverted from the path and ran to that direction.
"Grandma!" Dara exclaimed with a laughing face as she throw herself to hug her.
"How are you my child?" asked Dara's grandma.
"I am well, grandma." Dara looked around before she turned to her grandma. "Where's grandpa?"ย 
"Oh you know, with his friends again and I only came here after a notice that you'll be here." she said as she sat in the shed of the tree with her.
Dara laughed at that, imagining her grandpa playing with her friends.
"I bet he's running in hurry right now just to see you." her grandma said.
"Why's the rush? I think I'll be joining you both here forever. Some kind of monster ate me. Gross." Dara grimaced.ย 
"Monster?"
Dara nodded to her. "You remember you told me about aliens?"
"Yeah."
"Turns out they're real, grandma. And also mermaids exist and so are hideous monsters. "
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"I met one alien. He's from Orion." Dara said while she smiled sadly. "I hope he wont be sad while I'm gone."ย 
The grandma contemplated for the moment before she turned to her granddaughter.ย 
"Tell me more about this Orion man."
"I can't really tell much but he's often grumpy but sweet. And oh, turns out he's a prince in Orion." Dara happily added.ย 
"Prince..." the grandma absentmindedly said while she looked at the farthest view.
"What is it grandma?" Dara asked when she seemed to be bothered with something.
"Go back and make sure you open the old chest under our bed. The key was buried on the tall tree in the backyard." Her grandma said.
"What are you saying grandma?"
"Visit hours is up, dear. Now go." Her grandma made her stood up quickly after kissing her forehead.
"But grandma-," Dara looked at her in confusion and before she could argue more, she felt a blinding light behind her before there was force which pulled her abruptly until she lost her consciousness again.
Instead of too much brightness, her eyes were greeted with darkness to which she saw stars lighting the sky along with the coldness brought by the water on her body and the endless anguish sobs from somebody who hugged her tightly. She slowly and carefully lifted her hand to his head, caressing it.
Ji Yongโ€™s breath hiked up his throat while his eyes snapped open in an instant, before distancing himself from hugging Dara's frame. Despite the tears blurring his vision, it wasnโ€™t mistaking that he can see her smiling gently to him.
Ji Yong's chest knocked out with sudden rush of relief that it almost killed him. "Dara..." He called out in crooked voice and caressed her face with a shaking hand while he tried his very best not to cry anymore but he can't seemed to stop himself.ย 
Dara tried to assure him that she was fine with her weak smile but it didn't help at all. "I'm alright now, Ji Yong."
"I just left you briefly and then..." Ji Yong shook his head in denial while his face contorted in so much pain. "Y-you stop breathing. You died! In my arms. You stop breathing in my arms! Dara, you ing stopped breathing!"
"Ji Yong...agi-ah, calm down..." she reached his cheeks with her hands with slight traces of her blood in her that it stained his cheeks a little.
"You know how scared I was? I was close to slitting my own throat, Dara." Ji Yong shook his head. "I can't...baby. I can't. Please, I can't." he gone on while his speech slurred and became incoherent as if he was drowned with both relief and fear and love and horror over everything. He just lost her a moment ago. She wasn't moving. She wasn't even breathing at all. She just lied there on his arms, cold and lifeless.ย 
Aella smiled in relief as she sighed weakly. She had no idea what happened and how on earth can a human withstood such poisonous bite of cursed beasts from the lost reptilian tribe.
It seemed that the human girl had something more about her. For countless of women in Korea, why did her sole presence magnetized the attention of one prince of Orion? And much more earned his love and adoration to such extend to take his own life if he ever lost her.
"It's alright, Ji Yong. I'm alright." Dara smiled to him and leaned over her forehead against him. "There is no need to cry, agi-ah. Please, it's hurting me."
"I thought I'd lost you..." he said.
Dara shook her head, realizing that the light she saw before she black out came from him as she smiled in gratefulness. "Thank you for saving me." she said while wiping his tears. "You're too handsome to cry for a mere mortal like me." she chuckled with a teary eyes too.
"I love you so much." he breathed out and lovingly roamed his eyes around her face, forcing himself to be calm for she was no longer in danger.
Dara nodded to him cheerfully. "Me too, agi-ah."
Aella placed her chin on her folded hands while she silently gushed over the exchange of love words between Ji Yong and Dara right now. She then turned to Ji Yong's direction sensing something inside his mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter